The Shrewd Wolves (H&HP Serie...

By shruthii

"You don't want a mate and neither do I. So for the sake of our wolves, let's just complete the mating proces... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 43

58.5K 1.9K 654
By shruthii

IT'S MY PAPA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY AND IT IS ALSO THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF THE SHREWD WOLVES.

Wow! Cannot believe the story has been going on for a year... I will try to finish this As soon as possible. Probably has another ten chapters or so... :)

ALSO SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

This is the LONGEST chapter I've ever written and it is dedicated to @najedamon for calling Darya Medusa... lol! She is going to go Medusa in this chapter :D ;)

Also, there is a surprise guest in this chapter... :P More information about the guest at the end :);)

^^^ Pic above sent to me by @CharlesMegan. You will understand the relevance of the pic in the chapter soon ;)

I loved writing this chapter. Hope you like this too :)

Enjoy!

****

"In a way, I was incredibly proud of her (not that I had any intention of letting it show while I was beating the crap out of her)."

-Meg Cabot.

DARYA P.O.V

Sitting alone in a bar, I was tracing my index finger on the glass rim of my Pomegranate Martini. I had been dancing for the last one hour and now, I was tired.

One week had passed since my birthday and each passing day, I have been trying to heal my broken heart. My wolf has retreated to some corner of my mind and shows her presence only when something irritates her.

Day by day, I could actually feel my strength deteriorating.

My family had been surprisingly quiet on the topic. They know Quillon and I were over because I told them that. Other than the surprised looks, nobody had anything to say.

I told Sel in detail what happened. I told her that Quillon doesn't love me and she just hugged me while I cried pathetically.

The only good thing that happened this whole week was that I finally joined a cooking class. I think it's time I start learning cooking because it will help me to feed myself.

As I thought about my previous attempt at cooking, I cringed.

I don't know how everything went wrong between Quillon and me. I was happy with him. Incredibly happy but then everything went downhill, just when I thought I was at the top of the world.

He doesn't love me.

It hurt even to think about it. I couldn't stay with Quillon after knowing that his feelings to me weren't the same. I could be some sacrificing queen and say, I am happy with his friendship but how long would that keep me happy? Eventually, I would start craving for me and I didn't want Quillon to show some compassion after feeling sorry for me. It would have made me feel pathetic!

I couldn't settle for anything less than his love and since I am never going to get that, I think it's better if I just stayed out of his life. That is better than him being sympathetic to me.

"Nursing your broken heart?" an unknown voice demanded and I turned my head to look at the dark haired male sitting a stool away from mine. He was truly good looking with thick black hair, foggy eyes and charming smile but he was still no match to... Why am I even going there?

"Something like that" I replied to the human after taking a sip of my martini, which had a sharp and bitter taste.

He smiled and took a sip of his own drink. It was then I noticed the glittering gold ring on his ring finger. He was either married or engaged.

"Why? You are doing the same?" I asked when he didn't say anything.

"I had been through a similar experience once" he said calmly.

"Your wife?" I asked.

"Fiancée"

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking" I said quietly.

"Let's just say I was struck between a rock and a hard place. I thought what I was doing was the right thing but it hurt both of us a lot" he said with a shrug and I stared at my drink, thinking that his situation was similar to mine.

"You got through it?" I inquired.

"Yes" he replied sincerely and I blinked, wondering how they got through it. "Now, we are going to get married" he said with a genuine smile and raised his glass. He loved his fiancée, it was visible through his eyes and I wondered how it felt to be loved like that by a guy.

"How did you get through it?" I asked, desperately wanting to know how he found so much happiness even after everything.

"By beating the shit out of each other" he answered seriously and my eyes widened before I laughed loudly.

Just then his cell phone, which was placed on the counter, started ringing and I looked at the screen which had a photo of a beautiful girl with ebony hair. "That her?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I have to take this" he mumbled before leaving. As I watched his retreating back, I realized that we did not even exchange names.

Whoever he was, he made me feel better.

__

That night, I was racing through the woods in my wolf form. I couldn't sleep one bit at night these days. It's the time when I am alone and all the time I spent with Quillon keeps playing in my mind like some movie.

Later, I found a quiet place in the middle of the woods and sat there.

I woke up when I heard growls of other wolves. Opening my eyes, I looked at the newly shifted pups who were playfully brawling. When they saw me standing up, they stopped and ran away.

Sel connected with me through the link at that moment and asked me to come home.

Thank-fully, Betsy was the one who had cooked breakfast today. After breakfast, Duncan agreed to drop me to the farm.

Before leaving to the farm, he caught Sel in his arms and kissed her sweetly.

"Why are you kissing her? She is my mama" Lorcan said with a pout and my body shook in silent laughter. He always has a problem with that!

"Oi... If I hadn't kissed your mama you wouldn't have been here" Duncan replied straightly and I burst out laughing, while Sel and Lorcan frowned at him.

"That is just gross Duncan" I said shaking my head.

"Hey, at least I am not showing affection in front of the camera" Duncan said smugly and I blinked in bewilderment.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, my eyes flickering to Sel, who was trying to hold back a grin.

"Wait a minute" Duncan said and dashed towards his office. While he returned, he was holding a magazine in his hand.

Duncan placed the magazine on the table and pushed it towards me.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open when I looked at the cover. Duncan and Sel laughed out loud when they saw my reaction.

There, in the cover page of that weekly magazine was a photo of Quillon and mine wolf, with the title: THE MATING SEASON IS HERE.

The photo was taken by that stupid photographer the morning after Quinn's birthday. I was sleeping, on the ground with Quillon atop me. The position in the photo was totally misleading, if you get my drift!

"THE FUCK!" I shouted in outrage and Sel stopped laughing but Duncan went on like a hyena. "THE FUCK IS THIS? HOW DID HE GET TO PUBLISH THIS?" I demanded. This was one of the popular magazines of the country. Anybody could figure out it is Quillon and me in it because we have the rare wolf color.

"Mama, Daroo said fuck! But you said there is no such word" Lorcan complained while Sel glared at me.

"MATING SEASON? IS HE FU—"

"Darya" Sel snapped.

"FU-FU-FA—"

"Freaking" Duncan supplied coolly.

"FREAKING KIDDING ME?!" I all but roared, clenching my fists. "How dare that bonehead publish this? And that too with that title" I snarled shooting daggers at the title written in bold white letters. "What is his name? I am going to kill him" I growled flipping pages and found the article in the 22nd page of the magazine. There was another photo of us, looking at each other's eyes.

I remember that moment. I can't believe that fucker had captured that too. It was a five page article with photos of four other different species of animals, all in more compromising position than us.

"Patrick Liebmann" I read the name through clenched teeth. "You are a dead meat" I hissed and walked out of the house holding the magazine in a tight grip.

__

The photo had gone viral in the werewolf world.

Two days had passed, yet I couldn't walk anywhere with my head raised. Everyone from the pack would flash a teasing grin at me and I would turn scarlet to the roots of my hair. It was good thing I didn't have my own phone because then, I would have to deal with the calls from others.

I found that photographer but I could do nothing to him. Honestly, what could I do without arousing his suspicion?

Right now, I was beating a weed, in frustration, with my hoe. I wonder how Quillon is going to react to this. Then again, nothing embarrasses him and if anyone even dared to smile he would have given them a death glare.

He is the reason the photo was taken in the first place. If he hadn't marked me, I wouldn't have run into the woods. Everything is his fault!

I am miserable because of him. Am I so bad that I do not deserve the love of my own mate? Emotionless bastard!

He didn't utter a single word to contradict my decision. Then again, why would he? If he loved me, he would have but nooo... the word love makes him sick! As if, I am a big fan of that word.

Gritting my teeth, I attacked the weed thinking it to be Quillon. I felt considerably better when I blamed him.

"It's dead" Nancy commented while walking past me. I looked at the weed and realized that was true.

While I was beating another weed to its death, I felt my wolf tensing up all of a sudden. She stood up and raising her ears, started sniffing the air around us. I frowned because I couldn't catch any unfamiliar scent.

I looked around and saw all my coworkers doing their work and some customers gazing at the flowers. This was something that goes on always in the farm and I didn't find anything suspicious.

When my wolf started retreating, I realized nothing was wrong.

While I was wiping the dust from my jeans shorts, Mikhail connected with me through the link and asked me to urgently come to the western border. His tone seemed anxious and soon, I left the farm.

__

My former guards were near the border along with Vernon and two other fighters. They were all standing in a circle around something.

"What happened?" Their heads turned and soon, they stepped back to let me see what had got their interest.

I blinked in disbelief when I saw a trunk, which had a ribbon round it. "Who brought this here?" I asked Fox.

"This was kept here by Serene Pack wolves" Fox said and I blinked. "It was the same trunk in which we sent Quinton to them" he added hesitantly and my eyes widened.

"Is there anything inside it?"

"No. There was a note kept atop it and it is addressed to you" Vernon said and then passed me the envelope.

Tearing the corner of the envelope, I pulled out the note which read:

MEET ME NEAR THE LAKE AT 16:00 HRS

— Q.

P.S: GET THE TRUNK. IT WILL BE USEFUL.

The letter was written by Quillon himself because he had his own artistic way of writing the alphabet Q.

My wolf perked up but sat down when she realized there wasn't anything special in the note. Why would it be?

I checked my watch which read three-thirty. "Can you please put that trunk in the backseat of my car?" I asked Mikhail and he nodded.

"Where are you going?" Shane asked when I climbed inside my car.

"Lake. Alone" I stressed at the end before driving to the lake.

What does Quillon want now? Why does he want me to get the trunk to the lake? Will he even be there? Most importantly, what are we going to say to each other now?

•••

QUILLON P.O.V

Drumming my fingers against the steering wheel, I was patiently waiting for Darya to come near the lake, while my friends were standing near my car and talking about the last night football match.

After leaving office early, I had gone home, dressed and asked all my friends to come with me to the lake. Quinn had met us on the way and I asked him to join us.

Right now, he was sitting in the passenger seat and repeatedly texting Sabine, his mate.

I still found it hard to believe that he met his mate. He was only seventeen!

Now, I know why Vincent really disliked Quinn. He doesn't consider Quinn fit for his sister because Quinn has quite a reputation of having his way with women and Sabine is very tense around men.

A fight broke out between Quinn and Vincent after he met Sabine and it was stopped by the Alphas'.

"What kind of a stupid school is that?" he grumbled and I leaned back against the seat. "All schools end at three. It is normal. Why do her classes finish at four? Why cannot she join my school?"

"She is only sixteen"

"So?" he snapped. His real frustration was on the fact that Sabine's parents totally refused to send her to Serene. Mom and I agreed with them too because she was very young to completely move and live in another pack.

Besides this, there was also the fact that she is very cagey around men. The moment any man comes too close to her, she starts cowering in fear.

"You all speak as if I am some eighty year old. I am just a year older than her!" Quinn growled.

"Exactly. You are not old enough to take care of her as well as yourself" I said quietly, closing my eyes.

"I can take care of both of us" Quinn shouted and all my friends turned to look at him.

I opened my eyes and gave him a sharp look. "Can you really?" I asked him and he looked away.

"I can. I will move into my apartment with Sabine as soon as possible" he muttered.

"And do what?" I demanded and Quinn gave a low growl. "I believe you know the actual problem is not really her age" I told him and he clenched his fists. It angers his wolf whenever he recalls what once happened to his mate.

Sighing, I looked at him. "She needs time to get adjusted to you" I said gently, hoping he will understand. "Moving in with you is too quick for her. Take it one step at a time with her" I added and he nodded grudgingly.

Sabine doesn't let Quinn come close to her even though he is her mate. She doesn't allow him to touch her. Even I had winced when I saw her shrinking back the moment Quinn takes a step towards her. It is obviously painful for him to bear, but he has to understand where she is coming from.

Sabine isn't doing it intentionally. She gets agitated around men because of what once happened to her.

When she makes the first move to touch a guy, she is really fine. She shook hands with me, without cringing, but with Quinn, she is all the more cautious. When he extended his hand, she just smiled and muttered a bye before walking away.

"She answers your call?" Nevin inquired.

"Yes. But I am the one who does all the talking. She just replies with a yes or no" Quinn complained and I chuckled.

"Never thought I would get to see the pro player trying this hard to get a girl" Isaac drawled mockingly, to which Quinn growled menacingly.

"You find one week frustrating? I have been waiting from four years and have to wait one more year for Amber to even recognize me as her mate" Harvey said shaking his head and Quinn cursed and muttered something indecipherable.

"Being single rocks. Mates suck. You guys are the best example to it" Ram said and I glared at him.

"Yours is too young" he said to Harvey and then looked at Nevin, "Your mates former Alpha didn't let her leave the pack. Yours doesn't like men" he said to Quinn, "And yours—" he pointed his index to me, "—dumped you."

I growled harshly after hearing that while Quinn and my friends laughed. "Shut up" I hissed coldly.

It was true.

Darya dumped me.

Me.

"It's over" she had said.

How dare she? How dare that Blondie make such a decision without even asking me? She is not the only one in this relationship!

And she claims to love me... I scoffed and my wolf growled loudly at me.

If she had loved me, then she would have known that I did not want it to be over. Would have known that I loved her too! However, that Blondie had already made up her mind.

I was knocked for six when she said it's over. I never thought about it. Didn't even remember it was the last day of the deal. I had actually thought the deal was over between us, the moment she agreed to join the pack. But no, Darya remembered the deal, like always, and threw it on my face when I least expected it.

She was hurting when she said it's over. I knew it. I could sense her pain. Knew, she was on the verge of the breakdown but she was holding back her tears from me. I was hurt too. For a few seconds, I even thought I deserved it. But then, I knew for sure that I did not want it to be over with her.

That moment, in her house, I didn't know what to say to her. However, I knew if I told her that I loved her, she would have never believed me. She would have thought I was saying it just for the sake of it.

Hence, I walked away to give her some time. While I was walking away, I could hear and see her weeping in her room. I spent the rest of my birthday running in the woods.

I gave her one week time hoping she would change her mind and realize she needs me in her life, but no, the Blondie is as stubborn as me. I am sure she is partying somewhere while also cursing me for breaking her heart; when actually she was the one who broke mine.

Didn't she, for even a second, think what we have is worth fighting for? I know, what we have is worth fighting for and hence, I am going to do just the same.

Maybe she thought she can move on from this but I cannot and since I cannot, I will not let her move on either. She is struck with me and she has got to deal with it. Learn to accept it.

Talking doesn't work with Darya because she doesn't like it. I don't like talking either. Later that day, I realized that maybe I made a mistake of not spelling out things correctly for her. I did not say I loved her either and maybe that's why Darya jumped into the wrong conclusion?

I really don't know but all I know is that I am done talking with her!

It's over... with those words she dumped me. Now, I will show her what exactly dumping is. I am sure her fragile ego, just like mine, will not be able to digest dumping. Not able to digest what I am going to do now.

I heard the sound of tyres coming to a halt. As I inhaled, I caught her scent and smiled softly, while my wolf wagged his tail.

"She is here" I said and climbed out of the car, with others following me.

The moment I reached the bank of the lake, I looked at Darya, who was standing on the other side and staring at me. She took a deep breath and then parted her lips, which made my wolf purr softly. I liked the effect I had on her.

Her gaze flickered to my friends and then back to me.

"Why did you call me here?" she demanded rudely.

"I wanted to talk to you and I knew you wouldn't come to the pack" I told her and light pink marred her cheeks.

"OK" she said and looked at my friends again, before adding, "What did you want to talk about?"

She was feeling uncomfortable in the presence of my friends and I could totally see that, nevertheless I wanted them here.

"Your things are still in my place" I told her and she blinked in confusion. Oh! She has no idea what is going to happen next. "And I want to get rid of it" I added with a shrug and her lashes fluttered in incredulity. Beside me, my friends inhaled sharply.

"Since I am moving back to my old life, I want all your stuff OUT of my house" I said throwing back her words at her and she turned as stiff as a steel girder.

'What are you doing?' Quinn asked in shock.

'Nice' Nevin said and even though I wanted to smirk, I didn't. I had to maintain an expressionless face throughout.

"She is going to lose it" Clay murmured.

I wanted her to lose it. I wanted her to let out all the anger, frustration she has on me. She is really pissed at me and bottling it, won't help her, won't help me.

"It's everywhere in the room and it is irritating me" I shuddered for the extra effect, while Quinn's body shook with muffled laughter.

"Don't fret" Darya said grinding her teeth, "I will ask someone to bring them back to me."

"No" I said shaking my head. "You fucking Emperors aren't allowed to enter my pack" I declared coolly and Darya glared at me.

'What the fuck are you saying?' Quinn stopped laughing and asked me.

"Then how the hell am I supposed to bring them back?" she shouted in disbelief and my wolf wagged his tail. She has started shouting... that's a good sign.

"Did you get that trunk?" I demanded coolly and she growled at me. "Is it in the car?" I asked looking at her car. Instead of replying, Darya, who was standing on the other bank of the lake, scowled at me.

"Bring it out. I will pass your things from here" I supplied smoothly.

All my friends burst out laughing as they heard that. That's exactly why I wanted them here.

"Clay, some of her stuffs are in the backseat of my car. Get them" I ordered and he went away along with Ram.

"Only some? What about the remaining?" Quinn asked playing along. Come on doll-face... let all the anger out.

"Mrs. Owen is packing them" I replied and Quinn nodded in understanding. My eyes darted towards Darya and I watched in fascination as she turned different shades of red.

"We are going to miss you Darya" Nevin began purposely and I lowered my head to hide my smirk.

"Yes. Everyone in the pack is going to miss you" Quinn said.

"Except for Leah" Harvey broke in and it was hard to hold back my laughter. Come on Darya ... at least now, take the bait.

"True. I heard she is throwing a party tonight" Quinn said excitedly and there were murderous growls coming from the other side of the lake. "Are you attending?" he asked Nevin.

"Yes. We are" Nevin replied without missing a beat.

"We?"

"Bee and I. Since Darya has left the pack, Bee has no option but to become friends with Leah" Nevin sighed sadly.

They were all pretending to have conversation but loud enough for Darya to hear.

"I cannot believe you dumped Quillon, Darya" Harvey said and I narrowed my eyes at him, not knowing where he is going with this. "You just made everything easy for Leah" he finished shaking his head in mock sympathy

"I did not dump him" Darya snapped and I cocked an eyebrow.

"What does 'it's over' mean in your language then?" I demanded and she opened and closed her mouth, not knowing what to say. I shook my head when she looked away, refusing to answer.

"Q.... Got them" Clay said at the right time. "What's in it? It's so heavy" he lied, effortlessly passing the box to me.

"Ah... just her useless stuff" I said dismissively and faced Darya, "You can catch right?" I asked seriously.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?" she screamed from the other side.

Ignoring her, I purposely threw the box containing some of her clothes. Her printed t-shirts and skirts floated on the air for a fraction of second before falling to the lake. Darya gasped in horror when she saw that.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" she snarled furiously, her slender frame trembling in rage as her nostrils flared.

"I thought you will catch it" I defended myself. My friends were all holding something to support themselves while their body shook in laughter.

"Sorry about that. Now, catch this one" I told her taking the other box from Ram.

"Don't. You. Dare" she warned, clenching her fists. She is close... soon she is going to attack me! I just knew it and honestly, I wouldn't mind being her punching bag for now.

I paid no heed to her warning and then the second box too fell on the lake with a loud splash.

Growling repeatedly, she stared at her clothes floating in the lake.

"Mrs. Owen is packing the rest. I will give them to you later" I said with a smile and she raised her lashes to reveal furious red eyes. Man! If looks could kill, I would be buried six feet under the ground by now.

"Bye" I said and turned to leave. I purposely took three steps, stopped, "I just remembered—", I said thoughtfully and turned to face her, "—I brought your iPhone too."

'I will attend your funeral' Nevin swore through the link while my wolf jumped victoriously.

"It's been ringing constantly. A lot ever since that photo went viral and it's bothering the hell out of me" I stated pulling out her phone from my pocket. Everyone from the pack was laughing at that photo of us but I just ignored them. One photo cannot embarrass me.

Seething, Darya just stared at me, daring me to throw the phone in the lake.

"I wanted to destroy it, but then decided against it because it is your phone after all" I shared with a grin, while she continued giving me that cold stare, with those crimson eyes.

Quinn dropped on the ground, after failing miserably to hold back his laughter.

'I can actually see the smoke emitting from her nose' Harvey said with a chuckle.

'The volcano is going to erupt' Clay mused.

'Not volcano. She is going to go Medusa this time' Isaac teased.

"At least try to catch this one okay?" I added deliberately and then raising my hand, I threw it like a javelin.

The phone flew like a rocket and then fell on the cool water of the lake with a little splash of its own.

'Goodbye Quillon'

'You were loved'

'I am going to miss you'

My friends said, however my eyes were focused on Darya.

"YOU BASTARD" Darya snarled viciously and then with one powerful thrust of her hand, she raised the water of the lake and moved it sideward, revealing the lake bed.

"Oh God!" Quinn gasped.

My heart soared in my chest when I saw Darya, who by sprinting with full speed, crossed the lake, thus entering Serene.

She collided against me like a missile and in a quick movement; I felt my back hitting a powerful trunk of the tree. Before I could do or say anything, Darya, who was growling murderously, punched me in the face.

•••

DARYA P.O.V

"You fucker. You absolute fucker" I spat punching Quillon repeatedly in the face. "How dare you treat me like a trash?" I demanded kicking him in the shin. "I am going to kill you" I growled as my wolf bared her fangs.

I was fucking furious. Just who the hell does he think he is? Treating me like trash! As if breaking my heart wasn't enough... Asshole!

Tightly gripping the collar of his shirt, I pulled him towards me and knocked my head against his nose. "Take that you son of a bitch" I growled as Quillon groaned. Not satisfied with it, I slammed my fist against his nose.

"Fuck" Quillon screamed holding his red nose. I punched his cheek and he dropped on the ground.

"Oh God! Darya" Quinn gasped.

"Stay out of this" I warned pointing my index to him and Quinn gulped. This piece of shit was laughing uproariously!

Turning, I gave my full attention to the other piece of shit, who is also my mate. I kicked him hard in the stomach and Quillon groaned again.

"Irritating huh?" A fierce kick on the stomach; "Useless stuff huh?" Another kick, "Get up" I growled and held his collar in a tight grip. While he was standing up, I rammed my knees on his thighs. I saw red when Quillon, instead of growling, was grinning at him.

"Asshole" I said through gritted teeth and once again hit him on the face with my head. While Quillon stumbled, I stepped back and then kicked him in the chest. He collided against another tree and sprinting there, I wrapped my hands around his neck and lowering his head, repeatedly slammed my knees against his torso.

"Rotten Bastard" I snarled shoving him away.

Quillon fell a few steps away from me and started panting as he stood on his knees. My hair was covering my face as I was breathing heavily, while also growling at him.

For a minute or two, we were struggling to breathe normally.

When he was calm, Quillon stood on his knees and then smirked at me, "That is your best?" he taunted and this time, I went for the attack.

I hit him repeatedly. Kicking, punching, cursing, I kept shoving him from one tree to another. We were like a blur... moving from one place to another.

"I WILL SHOW YOU MY BEST" I shrieked, when he hit a compound wall of a house. We were now in the residential area of the pack, which was far away from the lake.

The Serene Pack wolves would stare at us in horror and step out of our way.

"Fucking Emperors you called right? Now you'll see how fucked up we really are" I spat looking around until I spotted a chunk of wood. It seemed to have a good weight and marching ahead; I picked and raised it high above my head.

"DARYA" Grace shouted in shock.

I froze, holding the wood. Turning my head, I looked at Grace, who was gaping at me along with few other ladies of the pack.

"Na mom, don't worry... her aim is bad" Quillon chuckled, while trying to sit on the ground.

It was the last straw. Screaming, I threw the chunk at him.

I screeched in infuriation when it fell a foot away, totally missing the target. Quillon laughing, after being proven right, was unbearable.

Biting my upper lip, I strode towards him. Quickly sobering up, Quillon got up and ran away while I chased after him.

"Come back you condescending asshole" I growled running after him.

Jumping from one compound wall after another, fighting in the lawns, we kept running while everyone stopped their work and just stared at us. I kept throwing things at him, but every time I would miss.

I really did have a bad aim.

However, refusing to give up, I picked a flower pot from someone's garden and threw it at Quillon, who had his back to me.

Clenching my fists, I growled louder as the pot hit the gate after Quillon ducked. How the hell did he even see the pot coming?

He turned to look at me and before he could comment, I ran towards him.

He ran faster!

But not as fast as me!

While we were in the middle of the woods, I caught up to him and then lunging at him, I tackled him to the ground and threw some more punches at him.

"Die you son of a bitch" I spat furiously.

I gave up when I realized that he was not fighting back. He never once fought back. He was letting me hit him from the past one hour.

"Fight back you coward" I growled in frustration, kicking Quillon in the chest, thus pushing him away from me. I was panting when I sat on the ground, with my palms flat on the ground. We were both coated with sweat and mud and dried leaves. However, I seemed to be in a better condition when compared to Quillon.

Looking at my surroundings, I realized that we were in the same place where once Cable had planned to kill Quillon. The place, as usual, was secluded with no trace of vehicles, wolves or humans.

"Done?" Quillon asked with a groan.

"Yes"

"Really?" Quillon seemed surprised.

"No" I deadpanned and then attacked him again. This time, I stood up and began using my gifts on him. First, I collected a gust of wind and used it to shove him afar. Quillon fell almost ten to fifteen feet away from me and I smirked, while he growled at me, totally not expecting that.

I didn't give him chance to react, because I shoved him afar, again.

"Don't" he warned, looking me in the eye and my wolf bristled. I wasn't done yet.

"Fight back" I hissed glaring at Quillon, while he stood up wiping the dust from his arms.

"No"

His words just fueled the fire and soon, sparking sounds could be heard as electric current ignited on the tips of my fingers.

"Darya" he warned and I aimed it at him. However, just like I expected, Quillon moved out of the way before getting struck by the current.

I smirked cruelly and did the same thing twice.

"Don't use your gifts on me" he spelled out carefully.

"Scared?" I taunted.

"No" he replied point-blank and I knew he meant it. He wasn't scared of my gifts, no matter how deadly they could be. "But don't use your gifts on me" Quillon stated.

Ignoring him, I once again tried to electrocute him. He was out of my sight so fast that when I stopped the current flow, I kept looking for him. Only when I heard his harsh breath did I realize he was standing right behind me.

"Fight back then" I screeched thrusting him in the chest as Quillon glared at me. "Use your gifts on me" I dared. "Nobody is stopping you. Come on," I snapped. "Do it. Change my emotions" I shouted. "I WANT TO SEE HOW POWERFUL YOU REALLY ARE" I shouted out the last words and Quillon's eyes darkened immediately.

The way he stared at me, it sent a chill of shivers down the length of my marrow and my wolf, who had her ears and tail perked straight up, slowly drew them back... down!

I growled loudly, refusing to back down. "Are you even doing it?" I demanded harshly. "Because the only emotion I am feeling right now is loathing and it is directed towards you" I gritted out, while Quillon stared at me.

"If you are using your gifts on me, then guess what, I cannot feel a thing. I just, I am feeling hungry" I said honestly. "The last thing I ate was the cookies Mrs. Godwin brought for all of us and it was so delicious but it was more than two hours ago and now my tummy is growling. I really need food" I whined, holding my stomach.

"That was hunger" Quillon said quietly and startled I looked up.

"What?" I asked him confused, lowering the hand I kept on my tummy. Why was I even holding my stomach?

"What you just felt was hunger" he said and understanding dawned on my face.

"You... oh!" I pinched my lips and lowered my head. "I resent what you have Quillon" I stated truthfully. "Your ability was kept a secret and nobody ever suspected you. That's the one and only thing I really like what your dad has done" I said with a humorless chuckle. "You grew up safe, well protected. You didn't have to always look around, always be suspicious. You grew up carefree while I..."

"That was envy" Quillon broke in and I stared at him with wide eyes. What the hell was I just saying? Resenting?

"What the hell are you doing to me?" I demanded in outrage. He was using his gifts on me and I hated the fact that I couldn't even realize what was happening to me.

Growling, I looked up at Quillon.

"I am going to kill you" I bellowed and my hand lit up with fire. I threw the flames towards him, but Quillon moved away. "I AM GOING TO DESTROY EVERYTHING" I thundered spreading the fire ahead.

Furious that I missed him, I spread the fire towards another tree.

"Wrath" Quillon breathed out from near me.

Gasping, I took a step back and stared in horror at the fire flames in my hand. Quickly, I killed that fire down. I looked at the burning tree and clenched my fists. Did I just try to burn down his pack? Again?

"That is exactly what you were feeling that day" Quillon said calmly, walking ahead and I gulped.

"You had said Konrad was wrath?" I reminded and Quillon nodded. I closed my eyes in pain, when I realized just how angry I was. I was behaving like Konrad that day. Not caring about the innocent wolves at all.

"I could have stopped you that day, just like I did now" Quillon said facing me and I opened my eyes to look at him. Why didn't he stop me? He should have stopped me because I would have killed so many innocents. I didn't once care about Serene Pack wolves.

He used his gifts on me to make me angrier and then stopped me by using those same gifts on me. How come I did not even realize it?

"You are actually—" I began taking a step towards him and then stopped in my tracks.

Ugh! He was standing too far from me. Taking those steps is such a tedious task.

Huffing, I sat cross-legged on the ground. "You know what? We will continue this conversation tomorrow. I am just not in the mood today. I feel like lying down" with that said, I lay down on the ground and closed my eyes.

When my eyes flew open, I realized that I was lying flat on the ground. Startled, I sat up and looked at Quillon, who was standing calmly, just three steps away from me. What the hell? Why did I suddenly feel so lazy? Taking three steps felt like a tedious task?

I looked at Quillon and he nodded at me, "Laziness" he supplied and I growled.

"How dare you?" I hissed taking a step towards him. I wanted to punch him some more, clearly he hadn't had enough.

Growling, I held the collar of his shirt and pulled him towards me so that, like earlier, I could knock my head against his.

Quillon lowered his head to look at me and I breathed in deep, totally liking his scent. My mouth ran dry as I parted my lips and tilted my head back so that Quillon could lower his head and kiss me. I wanted him to touch me... everywhere. When Quillon didn't kiss me, I tightened the grip on his t-shirt and tore it apart, revealing his fabulous torso. Running my hands on his chest, I wrapped them around his neck and then pressed my mouth against his neck.

Quillon closed his eyes and tilted his head back as I continued trailing hot, wet kisses down his chest.

I turned rigid when I realized what I was doing. Shoving Quillon, I too took a few steps back to stay away from him. I placed a hand on my chest when I realized he had changed my emotions again. I wanted to hit him but instead...

"Lust" he filled in quietly as I gaped at him in apparent dread. My eyes were blurry because of the tears clouding them.

"What are you doing to me you psycho?" I demanded pressing a hand against my chest. Quillon flinched as if I struck him. He looked hurt. Why would he feel hurt?

He gulped and then sighed, before saying, "You think that was dreadful?" Frowning, I furrowed my brows, "Then how are you going to react to this...?" he demanded and I shot him a confused look.

Quillon looked me in the eye and I watched as his eyes grew darker.

Then it happened.

At first, I thought I had closed my eyes. But then I realized I didn't. Still, I opened and closed my eyes not knowing why everything was dark.

I looked around and realized I couldn't see a thing. Dark. Everything was dark!

I took a few steps forward and stumbling, I dropped on my knees. "Quillon" I screamed, not knowing where he was standing. I couldn't see him.

He... Quillon... he had robbed my vision from me! My ability to see!

"Quillon" I called louder this time and pressed my palms, flat on the ground. I flinched when I pressed my hand against a sharp piece of stone, which I couldn't see.

I picked it up and lowered my head. I couldn't even see my own hands. I could see nothing.

Right now, I was a blind because I had no eyesight.

"Quillon. Quillon. Stop this" I said looking around because I didn't even know where he was standing. He was around, I could inhale his scent, but even my wolf couldn't see him. We were both blind.

"Quillon" I screamed.

Then, the other thing happened.

I knew I was screaming because of the ache in my throat. I knew I was calling his name. Yet, I couldn't hear my own voice. Hitting the ground, I screamed louder and louder, but I couldn't hear a thing.

I knew what I was saying. The words were going in my mind, it was coming out of my mouth too but I couldn't hear them.

My ability to hear was gone. I was a deaf as well as a blind.

I could sense the tears rolling down my cheeks, as I sniffed, sitting on the ground in total darkness. I couldn't see or hear his breathing, but I knew he was around. To know where exactly, I closed my eyes and inhaled.

I got no scent.

I tilted my head backwards and took in a deep breath, yet I couldn't catch a scent. Just a minute earlier, I had caught his wonderful woody scent, yet now, I couldn't catch it.

My heart pounded in my chest as my wolf lowered her body. Just like me, she too was crippled and it was scaring her. I pressed my hand against my nose and tried to catch my own scent.

Nothing.

My ability to smell was gone.

When you swallow, you feel the taste of your own spit. You don't realize it has a taste, until you actually lose your ability to taste.

That's what happened next. I couldn't taste anything.

I started shivering when I realized what was about to come next. I clutched a handful of grass in my fist and waited.

It happened too. I thought I wasn't holding anything but in my mind I knew I was holding the grass. However, I couldn't feel a thing.

Uncurling my fingers, I dropped the grass and tried touching them again. I couldn't feel it. I didn't even know if my hand was brushing against the grass or not.

I brushed the fingers of my right hand against my left. Yet, I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't feel the ground I was sitting on. I couldn't feel the warm material of cloth against my skin. I scratched my skin and gasped, when I felt no irritation, no pain.

My sense of touch was gone.

As I raised my hand, I knew I was touching my hair, yet I couldn't feel their silkiness. I lowered my hand and I knew my hand was tracing my face. I knew I was touching my lips because I knew where the organ was lying, however, I couldn't feel softness of my lips.

Even when we touch a stone, we feel the roughness of its hard surface. But now, I wasn't feeling anything.

My hands dropped down in shock.

As I sat there on the ground, in my own dark abyss, I realized all my sense organs were blocked. See, hear, smell, taste and touch, the things I took for granted was robbed from me!

Without them, I was nothing.

I was like a stone. Feeling nothing!

Quillon, he controls sense organs. I had thought his gift was only manipulating emotions... now I knew the whole truth!

Now, I knew, why Quinn had said that he could drive a person mad. I was behaving like a mad woman from the past few minutes.

My senses are ten times stronger than other wolves, Quillon always keeps telling me and I now fully understood what he meant by it.

My mind was working, yet my sense organs weren't. The only difference between a stone and me was that, I had life. But how useful would it be to me when I do not have a single sense organ? What good is a person without them? Not having one sense organ is scary but this... This was ghoulish!

This feeling could crumple the defenses of the boldest men. Right now, I wouldn't even feel a knife being injected to my heart. I wouldn't even realize if someone attacked me and tore my body into pieces.

Quillon's gifts were ghoulish!

He could incapacitate a person without even touching them.

This was far more than scary. A person gets scared almost immediately and can recover almost immediately too. But this feeling was so gruesome that it could give someone cold fever.

I was shivering, I knew it. Yet, I couldn't feel the cold or my Goosebumps crawling all over my body. I couldn't even feel the tears rolling down my cheeks.

My wolf curled herself into a small ball in fear and slowly, I lowered my body. When I couldn't lower my body further, I realized I had touched the ground. I closed my eyes and brought my knees closer to my chest even though I couldn't feel the movement of my legs moving.

I couldn't feel the ground underneath my head or my palm. I couldn't feel the press of my thighs against my chest. Lying there in absolute darkness, I only had my mind as company. I couldn't see, couldn't hear anyone, couldn't sense danger, couldn't feel, couldn't taste.

I was dead, even when I had a heart beating inside my chest.

__

Barely a second later, strong hands wrapped around my body and I realized it only because I regained my ability to sense touch. I didn't utter a word of protest as Quillon helped me sit on his lap. I was shivering, my cheeks were wet and I could all feel it now.

I gulped and felt the strange taste of my own spit. I inhaled and Quillon's all male woody scent hit my nose. My wolf slowly raised her head after that.

I whimpered and realized I could hear again. Only then did I dare to open my eyes. I could see everything. I could see the blue sky. I could see the trees around me. I could see Quillon's hands around me. I could see my own hands.

And I just watched them. For few minutes, I just watched them because I felt like I had been a blind person for a long time who, only now was gifted with the ability to see.

I didn't know how precious the abilities of my sense organs where until I lost them. I couldn't bear it for few minutes and I wondered how those who aren't blessed with even one sense organ should feel.

"This is why I never use my gifts" Quillon whispered, running his fingers on my arms. It was soft and soothing. "I don't like them Darya. They scare me more than they scare the person I use it on" Quillon shared sincerely. "I showed it because I wanted you to see how lethal they are but I am never going to use them on you again" Quillon swore and I sniffed.

"What is your gift?" I asked him shakily.

"Quinn calls it clairvoyance. Parts of my gifts are like that but I cannot see the dead or the future. I cannot move objects" Quillon replied and I gulped.

For few minutes, I closed my eyes and patiently waited for my heart to calm down. I had never been this scared in my life before.

When my wolf sat up straight, courageously; I knew that I was fine.

"Clairvoyance" I repeated and Quillon nodded. "How much similar to it?"

"Everyone has five senses. But like you, I have six" he said.

"I do not—"

"You do. It's because of that sixth sense that you can manipulate elements. It's because of sixth sense that Konrad was able to hypnotize others. It's only because of my sixth sense that I can control others senses. I can make them blind... forever if I want to" he said and I inhaled sharply.

"When did you first figure this gift out?"

"After I shifted for the first time. My sense organs got enhanced. At first, I thought it was because of my wolf but I could also see the heart beating in a person's chest and that was not normal" he said and my eyes rounded. "As time passed by, they got more enhanced; I could see what was concealed too. I could see what was happening in the next room. I could hear what they were talking. I could taste without eating" Quillon continued and I gasped. "I could—"

"You tasted the soup?" I mumbled. While Quillon nodded sheepishly, I lowered my head with a groan.

"I... I can see you naked even when you are wearing clothes" he said and startled, I looked up. I narrowed my eyes and judging by the way, Quillon kept a straight face, I knew he was telling the truth.

What. The. Fuck?

"Oh dear God" I said and crossed my arms across my chest, hoping it would conceal something from him. I could feel my cheeks heating up as Quillon's eyes danced with amusement.

"Go on" I urged, not letting these things get to me.

"I could feel without touching too" he said and I nodded.

"That was the start and eventually, I could see what others were seeing" he said and I furrowed my brows. "It's like seeing the world in their eyes. That's when I learnt I could manipulate others senses. I could block their sense organs and turn them into a rigid, unfeeling rock" he declared and I swallowed audibly.

That's exactly how I felt few minutes ago.

"I do not have to touch a person to break their limbs" he finished and I closed my eyes. Basically, he could kill without moving a finger.

"A few minutes ago, I was holding your hand but you couldn't feel it" he added.

"It blocks the pain doesn't it?" I asked him and he nodded.

"You wouldn't feel a thing even when a knife is put to your heart" Quillon stated and I closed my eyes.

Rubbing my temples, I thought about his gift and concluded that they were pretty cool only to the person who has it. But downright, ghoulish to others! He can kill others and they won't even feel their death.

"While you killed those rogues that Konrad brought, you did the same to them?" I asked curiously.

"No. I wanted them to feel the pain" he said and I nodded my head.

"Konrad couldn't hypnotize me" Quillon then expressed in a slow voice. Surprised, I just stared at him, "He couldn't control my senses hence he couldn't hypnotize me" he shared carefully.

"That's why Konrad left that day?" I mused and Quillon replied with a yes. "What did you do to your friends while Konrad tried to hypnotize them?"

"I put them to sleep, by pressing a nerve on their neck. However, I wanted Konrad to think I did something else all together" Quillon smirked and I blinked impressively.

Sometimes, things are just as simple as the way they look. However, because of our twisted mind, we find it suspicious and try to complicate it by looking for more.

"Smart" I mused and he grinned. My heart banged in my chest, when I saw that smile, and my wolf sighed softly. It didn't miss me from the start that I was sitting in his lap. I had torn his shirt earlier and now, my arm was pressed against his bare shirt. The mark in my neck tickled as tingles spread over my body.

My wolf, thankfully, wasn't encouraging inappropriate thoughts. She was still not really happy because of one particular thing.

As I remembered it, a spark of anger ignited and slowly, I got off his lap.

Quillon didn't know what was going on in my mind and so, he tried to stop me. However, I pushed his hand away.

"Is there anything more I have to know?" I asked looking him in the eye.

"No. That is it" Quillon answered. "I learnt to control emotions when I was seventeen and I think that's the only decent gift I possess" he murmured the last part more to himself.

"You have really awesome gifts. Scary but awesome too" I said and Quillon narrowed his eyes.

"So seventeen huh? Five years ago" I said pinching my lips and Quillon cocked an eyebrow. "We have known each other for two months" I began calmly when inside I was fuming in anger. "In those two months, I had told you all my gifts and I thought you did too" I said with a nonchalant shrug and Quillon's eyes widened in alarm.

"BUT YOU FUCKER LIED TO ME" I shrieked. Leaping forward, I closed a hand round his throat and straddling him, I slammed his head to the ground.

"I will kill you. I will kill you and I will go to heaven" I swore viciously because honestly, killing this lying son of a gun wouldn't be a sin.

"I did not lie to you" Quillon growled, holding my wrist.

"You lied to me by omission" I snapped and Quillon winced in pain, when I pressed his throat tighter. "You knew I thought your gifts were only manipulating emotions. Yet, you didn't once try to clear that up." I slammed his head to the ground again and Quillon growled loudly, before throwing me off him.

Wincing, I sat up and glared at Quillon who was massaging his neck.

"Asshole" I screamed and Quillon scowled at me. "I am going to close your chapter today" I hissed and rushed forward to attack him. The previous anger resurfaced now, that I felt totally reenergized.

Quillon stood up and ran away, while I chased him again. This time, I used my gifts too.

__

"Get back here" I bellowed when he missed getting hit by another jolt of current. Ugh! Because of his senses, he can see me using my gifts from behind.

"Not until you stop acting like a mad woman" he retorted with a growl of his own.

"Mad woman?" I shrilled just like one and then showed him just how mad I could get. I broke a branch from a tree and threw it at him. He jumped over it and I took that opportunity to rush forward.

Quillon was really good because he was out of my way before I could hit him.

"Will you just listen to what I am saying?"

"Why? You didn't have anything to say when I said its over" I spat.

"I didn't know what to say to you then" Quillon said with a frown and I glared at him. "About those gifts... I did not tell it to you because I am not proud of those gifts and also—"

"THAT IS NO BLOODY EXCUSE" I screeched.

"Stop screeching like a harpy and for once, listen to me" Quillon snapped.

I froze.

Watching me freeze, Quillon froze too.

"What. Did you just. Call. Me?" I demanded in a lethal tone, by grinding my teeth together.

"Haaaa" Quillon stopped and gulped when he saw me.

Growling murderously, I let my furious wolf take over and stunned, Quillon took a step back.

"I did not know the word was that sensitive" he breathed out while I bared my fangs.

Harpy? He called me harpy?

Without giving him much time to think, I lunged forward to attack him.

After taking few hits, Quillon snarled and then shifted into his own midnight blue wolf.

__

We were fighting aggressively. I was trying to kill him while he was trying to stop me. Growling, snarling, we kept rolling in between the forest.

While fighting, we had encountered a road that leads to Swift Falls. Vehicles had stopped and humans had been screaming and running away in fear when they saw two wolves fighting like lunatics.

My wolf was refusing to back down to him. So she put all her energy into the fight. I kicked Quillon's underbelly and he fell on a hood of an empty car.

Jumping down, he shook his body and rumbled furiously before moving forward. I stood on my place and raised my hackles, ready to face him. He didn't want to fight me because he was refusing to make the first move.

It pissed me off all the more!

Fifteen more minutes passed without anybody winning. I was tired but Quillon was far from it.

That's how he was able to tackle me to the ground. Standing tall and proud with his stiff legs, Quillon curved his tail and stared piercingly at me, asking for my submission.

I was rolled on my back and in a very vulnerable position because my throat was exposed to him. When Quillon leaned closer, I snapped my jaws and for that, he showed me his sharpest canine. Whining softly, I brought my paws closer to my body. I was ready to give in because I was tired of fighting. I had been fighting him for more than two hours.

All the anger that I had was drained away from all that fighting. He had taken so many hits without once trying to defend himself. I was behaving like a harridan with an irrational need to keep hurting him but the fact that Quillon simply let me hit him, defeated me.

Quillon surprised me gently nestling his muzzle against the thick mane of my throat. I closed my eyes, cherishing the warm feeling that was spreading all over my body.

As my black fur brushed against his midnight blue ones, I watched how contrasting the colors of our wolves were.

We were at the bottom of the hill where Quillon brought me on our date. It hurt a lot to think about the difference between that day and today.

My wolf whined and gave control back to me. We shifted to our human form at the same time.

Quillon's lips were gently brushing the mark on my neck and I could feel the tears leaking from the corner of my eyes as I closed them.

Quillon, who was lying above me, tensed the moment he felt the coolness of the tear drop. He pulled back abruptly and stared at me in disbelief. The look he gave me just brought more tears of humiliation to my eyes.

"Darya don't. No tears" he said with a frown and I looked away. I was done with Quillon. Absolutely done!

After leaving Serene, I never want to see him again.

"Stop it right now" he growled as I lowered my head and sobbed. I was really mortified that I couldn't stop the tears in front of him. "Damn!" he cursed and moved closer to me.

"I am sorry. I am really very sorry" he said and I shook my head.

"Go away" I shoved him in the chest. I really didn't want him to watch me cry.

"No" he said in determination and then moved closer and pulled me towards his chest. I tried to get out of his hold, but he held me tightly.

I stopped squirming because I was tired. Tired of everything!

"I am sorry Darya. Please come back home" Quillon breathed out softly, unexpectedly, near my ears and my eyes flew open. I could hear the pounding of my heart as it threw itself against my ribs. "I will do anything you want but please come back home."

Of all the things that I expected him to say, this wasn't at all in the list.

"Why?" I asked him in a whisper. Quillon rested his forehead against mine, our noses rubbing against each other.

"I want you there with me" he replied and I looked at him in surprise. "Unfortunately for you, I like my present life because you are in it" Quillon said and another sob escaped from my mouth because I was really touched with the way he said it. "So there is no way I can go back to my old life" he explained as I sniffed.

"Please don't cry" Quillon pleaded and I bit my lower lip to stop it from quivering. "I am sorry for lying to you. I am sorry for messing up everything. I am sorry for hurting you. If it makes you feel better, then you must know that by hurting you, I hurt myself as well. I could feel your pain and knowing that I was the cause of it made me feel like the greatest scum of the earth" he said wiping my tears with his thumb.

"I felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest when I watched your mother taking you away from me. That was the moment when I realized I love you" he said and startled, I stared at him through misty eyes.

All of a sudden, things turned surreal. My wolf howled in pride and then sighing, she closed her eyes in pure rapture. My heart got wings of its own and began soaring in my chest. I never once imagined Quillon saying this to me and now that he did, I found a whole new sense of happiness that was just out of this world.

I believed him because I knew, in my heart, that Quillon, the one who can figure out and block any emotions, never would have told me he loves me, until he himself was sure of it.

"I know you consider me a total asshole but I do love you. I have loved you for weeks but I hadn't realized it until I almost lost you" he said and my lower lip wobbled.

"You are unhappy?" he asked hesitantly when I didn't utter a word for a long time. I shook my head as a reply. Words weren't enough to tell him how I was feeling. So I showed him instead.

I hooked my hands around his neck and kissed him slow and deep. While doing that, I could actually feel his heart banging inside his chest.

"Then why are you still crying?" Quillon asked pulling back abruptly, to get a clearer look at my tear stained face.

"Because I am really happy" I choked out as he sat up. A stray tear drop hit the ground and I looked up to see the dark clouds appearing over the evening sky.

I didn't want that darkness looming when I felt this joyous, so, I quickly wiped all my tears.

Quillon stared at me suspiciously and chuckling, I leapt forward and hugged him tightly. Burying my face in his shoulders, I inhaled his all-male scent.

"I am" I said truthfully. "More than ever" I whispered and closed my eyes.

I don't know how long we sat there, on the green grass, holding each other close, just cherishing the moment. My wolf was basking on this, feeling totally secured and for the first time... loved!

Quillon seemed uncertain of my reaction, so he was a bit stiff.

"So... you forgive me?" Quillon asked doubtfully, after we pulled away.

"No" I said and Quillon inhaled sharply, "Not until you buy me a new phone" I smiled and that's when Quillon relaxed.

Chuckling, I leaned closer to him and Quillon lowered his head to look at me. Long fingers meshed into my hair as Quillon pulled me closer so that my breasts were pressed against his naked chest.

His eyes darkened almost immediately and my wolf purred excitedly.

"I love you" I said breathlessly, just a second before Quillon captured my mouth with his.

****

Yay! They are together again. I was tired of writing the separation stuff.

So... That's Quillon's gift. What do you think about his gifts? Expected or Unexpected? Powerful or so-so? Share with me :)

And and and.... The SURPRISE GUEST... aka... The stranger whom Darya met at the bar is one of the main characters of my upcoming book. Then again, I am not sure if his story is going to be my upcoming book or not because I have this plot of another werewolf story with king and kingdom and... shhh!

What do you want to happen next in the story? Do tell me :D

Next update on Tenth. A SMALL REQUEST TO ALL THE READERS: IF I DO NOT UPDATE ON TIME, THEN PLEASE CHECK MY PROFILE PAGE OR MY TWITTER ACCOUNT, WHERE I NOT ONLY MENTION THE REASON FOR THE DELAY BUT ALSO THE POSTPONED DATE OF THE UPDATE!

Please cote (comment+vote) until then ;)

Love,

Shruthi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 10.5K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...
176K 5.5K 37
Book 1 - The Lotus Moon Series - Beta Lancaster Beta Taylor Lancaster was never supposed to take a mate, as a category three dangerous wolf, he was d...
108K 3.7K 47
"Oh, so you're part of this kidnapping posse too? I am not a possession! I have a life that I was abruptly plucked out of without my input all becaus...