The Devil's Bride (Book 1)

By SomethingDarkWicked

In the small town of Crontill, murder and death plague the small community when a serial killer begins their... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Mistakes
Chapter 2- Crash Landing
Chapter 3- Heart Attack
Chapter 4- Shades of Blue
Chapter 5- Silent Still
Chapter 6- Control
Chapter 7- Dignity
Chapter 8- Band Aids
Chapter 10- Troublesome Boys
Chapter 11- Break Break Break
Chapter 12- Free Spirit
Chapter 13- Sight for Sore Eyes
Chapter 14- Footsteps of a Stranger
Chapter 15- First Blood
Chapter 16- Undone
Chapter 17- Melt
Chapter 18- You'll Be In My Mind
Chapter 19- You're The Killer
Chapter 20- Perfect Storms
Chapter 21- To My Mother
Chapter 22- Tear You Apart
Chapter 23- Lighting Matches
Chapter 24- The Dealer
Chapter 25- Mad About You
Chapter 26- In Chains
Chapter 27- Inferno
Chapter 28- Devil in Sheep's Clothing
Chapter 29- Nervous
Chapter 30- The One Where You Say Goodbye
Chapter 31- Halfway to Hell
Chapter 32- Nose Bleed
Chapter 33- Cause of Death
Chapter 34- Cover Up
Chapter 35- Flood
Chapter 36- Reign
Chapter 37- Make No Mistakes
Epilogue

Chapter 9- Covers

28 1 0
By SomethingDarkWicked

THIRD PERSON

Jeremy laced his hand between hers, still stuck in the doorway. "I shouldn't, I only see you." His eyes locked on the woman in front of him, and he smiled, focusing all his attention on her. She smiled, wrapping her fingers firmly on his, pulling him further into the room. In the moment, the two stood together without a care in the world, without needing to fear about debts, without fearing the looming destiny they would face. Together, nothing truly mattered.

"Baby, please. Come on, enjoy her company." The woman took his shirt in her fingers and moved him towards the girl strapped to the bed. She began to struggle as the two moved closer towards the mattress. The girl, wearing nothing but her dark pink lingerie, struggled to speak under the grey duct tape covering her mouth, her hands swelling as she struggles to break the ropes. Her feet flail around, unattached. The woman and the man step further into the room, closing in on the bed frame.

"Won't you feel cheated, my love? If I give more love to her..."

"You won't." She reaches into her pocket, taking a small blade from the inside. She reaches out towards the girl, placing the knife to her cheek. "You can't give in to the desire of losing me." She moves the knife to the ropes, setting her free. The girl falls back and struggles to run away as the woman holds her down. "Don't you want to have fun?" The girl began to settle down. Jeremy began to unbutton his white button up, revealing his dark chest. Persephone turned to see him, and smiled, reaching out to stroke his chest.

"I think I'm ready, my love." He slipped past her, tugging on the waistline of his trousers. The girl sighs, and Jeremy began to frown, upset at her continual struggles. He froze, locking eyes with the girl. Her blue eyes froze in her head, and she stopped as the woman before her stepped around her, stroking her bare skin.

"There's no need to be afraid, Jeremy. She won't be foolish to try anything on you." The woman, her hair flowing behind her shoulders, wound her fingers through it as she spoke, moving around the bed to the spare side. She beckoned the man, and he obeyed, walking towards her. "We just want to have fun." She had turned to the girl, grinning. The man climbed atop the bed covers, moving in on the girl. His lips met hers, and they began passionately kissing, her hair draped over her chest, his chest still revealed. She reached towards the waist line of his pants, and without haste, slipped them to his ankles. Persephone smiled as she watched from the sideline, moving to a seated position on the bed. Jeremy and the girl stopped for a moment, turning back to the killer. She moved closer to them, unbuckling the bra strap on the girl's back. She slipped the bra off and threw it across the room, and taking her love's shirt from him with it. She grinned, before watching the girl struggle to shift herself on the bed.

"What's your name..." She said nothing, frozen under him as he moved his lips closer to hers. "I said, what's your name, girl?" The girl turned to look at Persephone, expecting an answer. She said nothing, just nodded towards the man. "Tell me your name." The girl hesitated, then frowned as the man stroked her thigh. "Tell me your name!" She finally caved, and spoke quietly.

"It's Sara. Please...let me go..."

"I decide when you leave." The woman pushed Jeremy aside, and was now on top of her, their faces only inches apart. "You won't leave until we're happy." The woman was breathing heavily on the girl, who swallowed her fear head on. She grinned, and finally spoke up for herself.

"When will you ever be happy? You kill for a living." She sighed, moving herself slightly away from the woman. Jeremy moved closer to her, pressing his chest to hers. Persephone moved away, walking towards the closed door.

"That's why I am happy dear. The next move is yours, if you screw up, you're dead. Got it?" She slipped her hand into her pocket and revealed the key. "It's do or die, I'm afraid." She slipped the key into the lock of the door.
                                                                                                ------

She pressed her hands onto the grasp of the handle, grinning as she unlocked the door. She walked in, the girl's body now frozen on the bed, asleep. Jeremy was unconscious at the base of the bed, his head placed roughly over a light red cushion. The woman stepped further into the room, walking towards a painting hanging over a bare wall. She took it from the wall, removing the wooden frame to reveal a silver pin pad. She smiled, her fingers reaching for the numbers. Hitting the four digits, she watched the door slide open, revealing a dark grey room filled with photographs and computers. As she entered the room, the door slammed behind her, shrouding her in the darkness. She flicked a small switch on the wall to her right, lighting up the dim room. She took her position at the desk, her figure collapsing into the dark black desk chair. Her thin fingers tapped onto the keys, typing into an online messenger.

"How are you, my love."  She watched the words appear as the mystery guest typed into the chat room.

"Oh, I'm lovely dear. How is my dear Persephone?"  He responded, and she smiled. It was always her favourite moments when he called her by that name.

"Perfect, my loving husband. Did you feed our guest?"

"Of course."

"Great, I'm nearly coming home baby. I have some more...business to attend to. I'll see you soon, Hades."  She clicked the tab closed, revealing a website open for the purchase of a weapon. She smiled, remembering back to the moment before. How could those two imbeciles think that they had stumbled upon the website on their own? She had hacked into their computer earlier to hide links and plant ads; they were just eager to follow it up. They had made it to the cart option, but they hadn't made it far enough, and now they were dead. The woman thought back to the moment she rushed into the warehouse building, shocked and grinning inside. She knew they'd fallen face first into her trap, and she was glad, because she didn't need them anymore. She has Jeremy now, her guard dog. He may be trained, but deep down, she knew he was in love with the mystery. Nobody but her husband knew who she was, and nobody who her husband was. She was safe in her web of lies.

A message popped onto the screen, and she stopped grinning. It wasn't her husband, it was someone else, and he wouldn't leave her alone now. She was in deep, because when he called her or sent something her way, she wasn't bound to be happy, because the one thing they had together was history. She would never forget the man who started this all for her.

Her brother.

She clicked on the message, opening up the new tab. He had sent her a short paragraph, and she knew he couldn't be trusted. The messages were never safe, and she couldn't trust him. He walked a thin line between hope and revenge, and when you stepped between the lines with him, you played dirty. Don't let the darkness get to you, he'd say, but she knew he was lying. He was the darkest of them, because not only did he kill, he murdered many, and he murdered her happiness.

She thought she could cover herself with this identity, but he could always find her.

"Hey sis, how are you? I haven't heard from you in a long time, do you want to catch up? Maybe sit and talk about the fact that your name will be in lights. Soon?"

She froze at the thought of meeting with him in public. She despised what he had made her feel, but now, she couldn't override the power killing these people has given her. You could say the darkness had one, yes, and she was the rightful holder of her pain. Her misery. She couldn't let it go anymore.

"Hello, brother. I'm perfect, without you around of course. How's the weather down there, in hell? I don't exactly feel like us chatting is needed, so maybe not. I have to go now."  She closed the window before he could reply, but his lingering presence haunted her still. He had found her once again, but she needed him to be as far away from her as possible. He may have started all this mess, but he was the reason she couldn't control her emotions sometimes, because he was her wrecking ball.

                                                                                           -----

She froze in the small chair in the corner of the room as the two began to wake. The girl struggled to move towards the side of the bed as she leaned over, taking a small bowl to her mouth to vomit. The man stirred in his sleep at the edge of the bed, his eyes flickering open. He sat up, turning towards the chair in the corner.

"I'm sorry I overslept, my love." She grinned, before standing in front of the chair and sighing.

"You didn't oversleep. I wasn't waiting. I was enjoying the quiet scene." The girl heaved into the bowl as the woman spoke, moving further in the room towards the man, crumpled in a seated position on the covers. "It's calming watching you sleep, that's all." He smiled slightly, sliding off the bed towards her. The girl pulled herself back, leaning against the bedhead. She frowned, pulling the strands of hair away from her face. The man moved closer to the woman, taking her hand in his.

"I'm glad you brought me here, baby." She smiles, pressing her lips against his. The girl on the bed sits up, leaning over the bed. She turns her head to see the two kissing, and they break away to see her.

"Oh look, she's woken up. Let's have a chat." The woman moves closer to the girl on the bed, stringing Jeremy behind her. He smiles, taking her hand further in his grasp. She stops, turning after his powerful tug. "Jeremy? What's wrong?" She frowns as he does, pulling her closer towards him.

"We need to talk. Tell me about your husband." She freezes, his eyes locked onto hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Broken By ValdynneJorderie

Mystery / Thriller

31 1 10
When you're in a world of danger, secrets are everywhere. Anyone can betray anyone. For most, it's hard to see the signs, but not for Donna Hexia. Jo...
7.6K 300 83
Breaking up is easy. Dating is deadly. Sophie has to unlock Persephone's memories if she has any hope uncovering the ritual to stop Zeus and Hades f...
2.6K 27 10
Persephone finds herself caught in a forbidden love affair with Hades in this story of heartbreak, love, and life.