Decisions (4th Book in the Bo...

By StrongerThanIWas

Melanie Reid lives a perfect life. She has an amazing husband, a beautiful baby girl and has an amazing job... More

New Team Member
Philadelphia
Suspect
Offer
The UnSub
Getting Frisky
Talking To Aunt Haley
Announcement
Apology
School Shooting
Author's Note: Help Me!!!
Happy Birthday Haley
Jackson Calls
Mel Tells The Team
The Letters
A Case Close To Spencer and Mel
Keeping Sean Safe
The Team Learns Something About Mel
Nobody
Renewing Vows
Morgan and Mel Make Up
Jessica the Intern
Another Threat
Another Case
Officer Franco
Against Immigration
Kidnapped Yet Again
Officer Franco's Real Name
Memory
The Video
Mel Speaks The Truth
We Need To Find Her
Saving Mel
Hotch Retires
Epilogue

Decisions (4th Book in the Boss's Niece Series)

13.9K 261 31
By StrongerThanIWas

Prologue:

I was awoken from my sleep by a little body jumping on top of me and saying, "Wake up mommy!"

I rolled over to see my beautiful 3 year old daughter, Haley Emily Reid.

"Hey you. Good morning. Is daddy up?" I asked.

My husband, Spencer Reid, fake snored. I laughed and looked back at Haley.

"Wake him up." I whispered.

Haley nodded, excitedly. She slowly crept over to her father. Once she was about to jump, Spencer turned and caught her and tickled her onto the bed. She laughed and squealed until he finally stopped.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning."

I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips.

"Ew!" Haley said.

Spencer and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Alright. Time for breakfast then mommy and I have to go to work." Spencer said.

"Okay!"

The energetic little girl bounced out of bed and off to the kitchen. I laughed and rolled out of bed to follow her, Spencer following close behind.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"Eggs!" Haley exclaimed.

"If I knew you liked eggs so much, I'd get you to stay with your great uncle more often." I laughed.

"Uncle Hotch!"

I laughed again. It had been so long since I myself called my Uncle Aaron, "Uncle Hotch". It was actually the year I was pregnant with Haley that I stopped.

"Are you okay with going over to Aunt Beth's with Jack while daddy and I go to work?"

When Spencer and I worked, Haley stayed with Uncle Aaron's new wife, Beth, and my little cousin, Jack. They had gotten married the year after Haley was born. Jack was now 12 years old and very tall for his age. He was as tall as Uncle Aaron, who was quite a tall man.

"Of course, mommy! You and daddy have to go to work to help save people's lives." little Haley said.

I smiled. She was so smart. Just like her father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 533 13
"How can you be homesick for a home you don't remember, for a home you never had?"
490K 10.4K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
8.4K 148 18
Ellie "Shadow" Harrison had always wanted to be a fighter pilot. Ever since she was little, that's all she's wanted to be. Her dad used to be a mecha...
124K 3.3K 28
The tale of Her Majesty The Queen Dowager of Württemberg unfolds not as a fairy-tale love story with a happily ever after but as a narrative of growt...