Solace - BoyxBoy

By AshyLois

Zeek and Austen have been best friends since they were kids. They were inseparable. They told each other ever... More

Solace - BoyxBoy
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
NOT A CHAPTER
Still not a chapter... Sorry :/
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
sorry..
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Running Out of Time
Thank you
Happy 10 Years!!

Chapter Three

17.1K 654 741
By AshyLois

Sorry the last two chapters were extremely short... it seems like I write a ton but when I upload its ony like two pages...  Ohhh welllll :)   Here is chapter fweeeeee XD

Chapter Three

For the first time in my life, I slept perfectly.  I was wrapped in Austen's arms the entire time, and it was amazing.  I jst coundn't stop thinking about what he had said in my dream... He said he loved me...  I wished that the dream was real...   I slowly opened my eyes only to come face to...err...chest with Austen.  I looked up at him and saw that he was still fast asleep.  I pulled myself away from his strong grasp and stood up, ready to leave the room, but something stopped me.  I took another look at Austen's innocent, sleeping face and sighed.  He was just so... perfect.  I crouched down to his level and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, even though I wished it was his lips. I unwillingly left Austen and went upstairs to make us breakfast.

  "Good morning Zeek!  How are you feeling?"  My mom questioned me as soon as she saw me.

  "I'm fine Mom."

  "You sure?  You looked pretty upset when you came home yesterday."  She gave me a skeptic look.

  "I'm sure Mother.  I was just having a bad day.  Don't worry about me."  She just sighed and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

  "Okay, well I have to go to work now, so I will see you tonight.  I love you Muffin."  I scrunched my nose at the terrible nickname.

  "Don't call me that anymore.  I'm gonna be eighteen in like a month."

  "I know baby, I just cant believe you're growing up so fast!  I remember when I had to buy special shampoo for your teddy bear."

  "Okay Mom, why don't you go before you start sobbing everywhere."  She smacked my arm.

  "Oh shush.  Bye Zeek."  I waved goodbye and waited for her to pull completely out of the driveway before I started breakfast.  I remembered that Austen liked peanut butter pancakes, so I made them and poured us both a glass of orange juice.

  "You made breakfast?"  I heard Austen behind me.

  "Yeah, peanut butter pancakes."

  "My favorite.  Thanks!"  I handed him a plate of pancakes and a his glass of orange juice and sat next to him at the table.  "Oh my goshhh... I love you."  My eyes bulged when he said that, then I realized he was talking to the pancakes.

  "So, what do you want to do today?"  I asked trying to change the subject.

  "Naomi texted me this morning, asking if we wanted to go to the mall.  We could go with them."

  "Sounds fun."  When we were done eating, we quickly got ready to leave and drove to the mall to meet Naomi and Felicity. 

  "Hey!!!  I need help looking for a dress.  Zeek, come with me, Austen you go with Felicity."  Naomi pulled me away as soon as she saw us walk through the door.

  "Naomi, slow down!"

  "Sorry Zeek, I just wanted to talk to you."  She slowed down and walked at my side.

  "About what?"  I asked even thugh I was pretty sure I already knew.

  "How long have you been in love with Austen?"  She teasingly elbowed my side.

  "Since the first time I saw him."

  "So, have you always been attracted to guys, or was he the first one?"

  "I've been attracted to them, but I never really noticed until I met him."

  "So you've never liked a girl?"

  "No, and what's with all the questions?"  She shrugged and continued.

  "What do you love about him."

  "Everything."  She rolled her eyes.

  "Specifically..."

  "His eyes.  They're beautiful, and every time I look into them I can't help but feel all happy inside.  I can't lie to him either, which makes this even more difficult."

  "Just tell him Zeek!  You'd feel so much better!"

  "But he won't love me back."

  "So, at least you told him!"

  "It isn't that easy Naomi."  She looked at the ground and nodded, as if she understood.

  "I know."

  "What do you mean?"

  "I mean I know how it feels to be in love with somebody, and you can't tell them." This got my attention.

  "Who?"

  "Nevermind, forget I said anything..." 

  "Naomi, I told you, you can tell me."  She took a deep breath.

  "I'm in love with my step brother."

  "Jack?"

  "Yeah...  I can't help it!  I liked him before our parents met, but I didn't realize I was in love with him until it was too late, and now it'll ruin our whole family if I tell him."

  "I'm sorry Naomi..."  I gave her a hug.

  "It's okay.  I just want to see you happy Zeke, not miserable like me."

  "How about this... I'll tell Austen once you tell Jack."  She thought it over for a minute then smiled.

  "Deal."

  "Okay, now why do you need a dress?"

  "Jack's graduation party.  It's black tie I guess..."

  "We gotta make you look smokin!!!"  I pulled her into a small dress shop and began pulling dresses off the racks.  "Here, go try these on.  I want to see all of them on you."

  "You know, I'm surprised I didn't figure out you were gay sooner... You're better at shopping than I am."  I just stuck out my tongue at her and pushed her into the fitting room.  "Ughhhhh I look like a Barbie threw up on me."

  "Show me!"  She cam out with a skin tight, hot pink dress that barely covered her butt...  "No, try something... less slutty."  

                                                                                   ***

  "I've tried them all on, and you didn't like any of them!  This is hopeless!!!"  I shook my head at her and looked around.  Then I spotted a dress that looked decent.

  "Try this one."  I threw it over the door and waited for her to come out.

  "I feel stupid..."  She opened the door and my eyes widened.

  "That's the dress.  You look beautiful!!!"  It was dark blue and had black flowers on the skirt.

  "I guess... Let's get out of here."  She went back in the fitting room and got dressed.

  "When is the party?"

  "Tomorrow... I think that's when I'm gonna tell him..."

  "Great!"  But that also meant I had to tell Austen...

  "Will you go with me?  Just in case things go badly?"  She looked at me hopefully.

  "Of course."  She squeezed me into a hug.

  "Thank you so much Zeek!"  

  "No problem."  We continued to make plans for the party and also talked about Austen and Jack, and what we were going to do about them.

  "Hey!  There you are!"  I turned around and saw Austen and Felicity coming toward us.

  "Hey guys."

  "You guys done?"  I nodded my head and looked at Naomi, who nodded too.

  "Let's goooo!"

  "Hey, Zeek.  I'm going to a party tonight with Kylee, do you want to come?"  My good mood instantly vanished at the mention of Kylee.

  "No, I'll just hang out at home."

  "Come on, it'll be fun!"

  "I'm fine, go have fun with your girlfriend."  He sighed.

  "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow?"

  "I'm going somewhere with Naomi tomorrow."

  "Well when can I see you Zeek?"  He sounded angry...

  "I don't know."  I looked at the ground and continued walking.

  "Zeek, what's wrong?  Did I say something?"  He caught up to me.

  "Austen, I'm fine.  I just don't want to go to the party, and I already told Naomi I would go somewhere with her."

  "I wasn't talking about the party Zeek... You've been acting all strange lately, and it's making me worried."

  "Then don't worry."

  "I can't just not worry about you!  It doesn't work like that.  Zeek, you don't eat unless I make you, you cry yourself to sleep, and you never look me in the eyes when you talk.  Not to mention yesterday when you ran away from me?"  I felt guilty.

  "Austen, I'm sorry.  But trust me when I say it's better if you didn't know." 

  "What do you mean?  I'm your best friend Zeek!  You should be able to trust me with anything..."

  "I do trust you Austen, it's just... complicated.  I'll see you soon, okay?  I'm going to ride home with Naomi.

  "Fine."  He walked away from me, and I could tell he was angry, which only made me feel guiltier.

Austen's POV

  "Baby, do you want another drink?"  Kylee purred in my ear.

  "Yeah, that sounds great."  She took my cup and disappered into the crowd of people.  I wanted to forget everything tonight.  I didn't want to think about anything.  Especially Zeek.  I didn't like to see him upset like that, especially if he won't tell me why.

  "Here you go Baby."  

  "Thanks.  You know, I think I'm gonna leave soona nd check up on Zeek."

  "Why do you need to check up on him?  I'm sure he's perfectly fine."  She climbed on my lap and began trailing kisses up my neck, which I actually found more disturbing than satisfying.

  "Because he's going through stuff right now and I should be there for him."  I attempted to shove her off me, but she wouldn't budge.

  "Why are you even friends with that freak?  He just sits there and looks all depressed like he's gonna go die in a hole or something."  I pushed her away roughly.

  "That 'freak' is my best friend, and you don't know what he's going through so don't judge him."  She just snorted.

  "Austen, it isn't your responsibility to check up on him.  He can take care of himself."  I rolled my eyes.

  "Okay, well I'm leaving, so bye."  I stood up and began walking out the door, only to have Kylee drag me back.

  "Fine. You walk out that door and we're over, so choose.  Your girlfriend that loves you?  Or that emo freak you call your best friend?" 

  "Easy, him."  I gave her one last smirk and walked away, the only thoughts in my head about Zeek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 43.5K 20
[BoyxBoy - Completed] Jake and Lee are two very close best friends who spend most of their time around each other. Sometimes they like to mess around...
9.5K 238 18
Harry and Louis have been best friends as long as they can remember. And also as long as he can remember, Harry had a crush on Louis. At first it was...
65.3K 1K 31
See what a boy's decision will be when he faced his problem about his Sexual Orientation. Description inside! :) Cover by @semperfidelis_ Thank you...
1.7K 34 10
Andy and Ryder are best friends. They know each other since kids and they're close. But,are they really just friends? What if they secretly like each...