Twilight Saga - New Wolf (Jac...

By dutchlatingirl

We all know how the Twilight Saga goes. Bella comes to Forks, Washington. Meets and falls in love with Eddie... More

A/N Disclaimer
The Transformation
Carry Yourself Like A Queen And You"ll Attract A King.
First Day Of School, Not THAT Bad.
Cliff Diving-Date.
A New Addition
Welcome To The Pack
The Cullens are gone
Kai's Birthday Part 1
Kai's Birthday Part 2
Holidays
An Accident
Keep Going On
Suspended
The Junkyard Task
No Update, but got Tagged
Busted

Temporary Alpha

1K 21 3
By dutchlatingirl

Kai

I have been walking for 5 minutes and I'm already on the beach (what it's a sunny day). I think I'm beginning to get the hang of this wolf-powers faster than Sam is.

I still can't believe that the legends are true. The bedtime stories mom used to tell us, are true. And I'm living them right now. I'm a wolf-shifter, a protector. And all because those stupid cold-ones had to come back here.
The beach is full with teens and family's, enjoying the rare sun.

Since Sam is still in the hospital at Emily's side. I had to run all the patrols for the past 5 days. But I had to do it when mom was either asleep, or not home. Cause mom still thought I was 'sick'. But I'm not sick mom, I just phased into one of the protectors of La Push. That's not psycho at all..

third person p.o.v.

Suddenly, her thoughts were cut of by a scared howl. She quickly darted into the woods and threw her clothes and belongings in a bush. And thinking of things that pissed her off she immediately phased. Once in wolf-form, she heard a guys voice asking himself question a mile a minute. What?where?how?what?

-Kai: Hey, are you alright?
-guy: What the hell?! Why am I hearing a girls voice in my animal head?! Screamed the deep guys voice.
-Kai: Will you calm the fuck down! My name is Kai Uley and I'm here to help. You're not alone, me and my brother are- she was cut off by the guy.
-guy: I knew it! I knew something was wrong with you Uleys! But why me too?!
-Kai: Okay first of all, who are you?!
-guy: My name is Paul, Paul Lahote. Wow, the man whore at La Push High is a shape-shifter.
-Kai: Okay Paul, I will explain everything to you once you're phased back. Did anyone see you? Kai was scared that someone saw him.
-Paul: No, I snapped at my mom and left the house. Only to turn into this gigantic wolf. While Paul said that, the memory replayed in his head. Kai saw a woman looking scared at her direction, probably at Paul. Then she saw red and suddenly she saw big silver-grey paws.
-Kai: Okay I"ll get you some pants and while I do that you try to calm down.
-Paul: How the hell am I supposed to calm down woman?
-Kai: just think happy thoughts.

With that Kai darted of to where her clothes and stuff were and phased back. In her clothes she sprinted back to her house. That wasn't so hard with the super speed. While she was running she called Harry. "Hey Harry, someone else phased. His name is Paul Lahote and he is stressing his tail of so I gotta go again. Tell the other Elders and Sam please, bye!" She immediately hung up again.

Once she was at her house she darted up the stairs and took a pair of sweatpants of her brother, only to her out her house again and run to where she heard the noises of an scared wolf.
...
It took 3 hours to get Paul to phase back. His temper seemed to be worse the Kai's.

They walked in silence to First Beach.

At First Beach, Kai sat down at the first log she saw. Looking out at the ocean helped her clear her mind. But she got pulled out of her calm state when a gruff voice next to her started speaking. "So, what exactly is going on with me?" Paul asked.
Kai looked at him and saw confusion and a little bit of fear in his eyes. "The legends of the Quileute. They are all true." She spoke.
Paul's eyes grew wide and he frustratedly pulled a hand threw his shoulder length hair.

After sighing he spoke again. "So we are werewolves?" He asked. "No, we are Quileute shape shifters. We are the protecters of La Push and the enemies of the cold ones." She said.

Paul chuckled at that. "What as in vampires?" He jokingly asked. But he stopped laughing when he saw Kai's head go up and down. "The Cullens, who moved here a 2 years ago... Are cold ones. They are the reason we are turning into wolfs one by one." She bitterly spoke. "But why are we turning now they have lived here for 2 years already?!" Paul questioned again. "I don't know, Paul." Kai answered.

Paul grew silent, but then started speaking again. "So, what does them living here have anything to do with our furry tails? I mean, the Elders were pissed when they heard about the Cullens but I don't understand why..." Paul spoke again.
Kai sighted. "Because the Cullens moved back here, the Quileutes with the gene will start phasing in order to protect La Push from the cold ones... Kinda as an safety mechanism."
"What a slow safety mechanism...." He muttered.

"So what in the world is the gene?" He asked again.
"The gene is what every wolf shifter has. When you have the gene and a cold one comes by, you"ll phase. If you don't have the gene then you're human." Kai explained carefully so Paul wouldn't freak out about it.

"What do we do now?" Paul looked at Kai again. Kai looked at Paul and ruffled a hand threw his hair. "You have to get a haircut." She laughed. Paul looked confused, "Why?" He asked. "Your fur will be shaggy. That's why Sam and I cut our hair off." Kai said. Paul nodded.

"But if we have to protect La Push from cold ones, how should we do that? Do we have a batman-cave somewhere or some of that crazy shitt?" Paul asked again, confused to his new job as a protecter.
Kai in that case, laughed her ass of at the mention of a batman-cave. "No Paul, we have alarm watches that go off if a cold one enters our territory...."

"For real!?" Paul excitingly asked.

"No of course not! We have to patrol around the borders of La Push in our wolf form. Also..."

That's how Kai and Paul kept talking till late in the afternoon. They talked about the side-effects of being a wolf. About the aging and the mind-connection and everything else (non-)supernatural-related.

When the sun was in the middle of setting Pauls story of pushing a kid in a river on a field trip was under broken by the sounds of Kai's ringtone. She pulled out her phone and didn't even bother holding it to her ear.
"With Kai."
Kai, it's me. Sam. I heard another guy phased.
"Yeah he's with me now, his name is Paul. He's one grade above me and is Cassandra's son."
I know who he is Kai, I'm not stupid.
"Well......"
Kai, Sam said warningly.
"Yeah yeah...
Bring him to Harry's, Billy is there too and I'm on my way.
"Okay, I will. See you then.
Yeah see you then, later baby sis.
"Yeah bye.

Kai hung up and looked at Paul. "It looks like we're going to the Elders." Kai stood up and started walking with Paul trailing slightly behind her, he quickly catches up while flinging his arm around Kai's shoulder. "You know if everyone is as hot as you, I don't think I'll mind this at all." Paul flirted.

Kai scoffed and rolled her eyes, ignoring his player-ways.

...

Kai and Paul arrived at the Clearwater household. When they reached the front door, Kai knocked on the door. The door was opened by Sue. "Hey Kai, how are you?" Sue suddenly gasped at the sight of Paul, half naked. "Is this your boyfriend?" She questioned. "I'm good Sue, and no. This is Paul Lahote."
Sue's expression was still confused as to why he is half naked. "Ow, well nice to meet you Paul., Sue happily spoke. "Nice to meet you too Mrs. Clearwater." Paul said. "Oh please! Call me Sue." Sue has always had this habit that everyone should call her by her first name, otherwise she"ll feel old. "Alright, Sue." Paul smiled.

"Hey Sue, is Leah home?" Kai asked while furrowing her brows. Sue shook her head. "No she said she would be out for a while and won't come back till after dinner."
Kai nodded. "Alright." And pulled Paul inside with her.

Once inside, they were led to the kitchen where Billy, Harry and Sam were. When they saw us coming in, they all got surprised looks. "This is the newbie, Paul Lahote." Kai said. Kai crossed her arms whilst Harry stood up and went to shake Paul's hand. "Harry Clearwater, but call me Harry."
"Paul Lahote." Paul said. Billy too, rolled towards Paul and stuck his hand out to shake. Wich Paul accepted "Billy Black. But it's Billy, for you guys." Billy loved to joke about 'youngsters'. "Nice to meet you." Paul said again.

Then Sam stood up, walked towards Paul and stuck out his right hand. "I'm Sam Uley." He purposely stuck out his right hand so Paul had to take his arm of Kai to shake Sam's hand. "Paul."
"I assume, my sister told you everything." Sam muttered, Sue was walking around the house for the hair stuff so she could give Paul his haircut. "Yes, she already did." Paul muttered back, looking around at Sue as well. "Alright, and he took it well?" Sam now looked at me. "Yeah, better than I expected. Seeing as he freaked out and internally screamed. 'Why am I hearing a girls voice in my animal head?!'" Kai quoted Paul. All the men, except Paul, started chuckling.

"Well I'm all ready. Come on Paul, let's get your hair cut." Sue called out while walking through the kitchen door.
Paul went to sit down at the seat, Sue stood behind. And while Sue did Paul's hair, Sam walked over to me while Billy and Harry discussed something.

"Did you guys imprint on each other?" Sam asked. Kai frowned at that. "No! Why would you think that?" She asked. "Because he looked at you, weirdly." Sam looked suspicious at Paul, who was in a conversation with Sue about his hair. "What do you mean?" She asked again. Sam looked at Kai before he answered, "He looks at you like you're a queen or something." At that, Kai bursted out in laughter. "I guess I do have, some Royal looks. Don't I?" Kai kept chuckling and Sam looked angrily at his younger sister.

...

Paul's hair is cut in the same cropped hairstyle as Sam's. "Well, what do you think?" Sue asked, as Paul looked at himself in the mirror Sue held up. "It's amazing, I look even better then before!" Paul excitingly stood up with the mirror. When he was done, he looked at Sue and went to hug her. "Thank you for making me look even hotter Sue." Paul joked. "No problem Paul." Sue laughed, hugging him back. "Well I have to go and see Emily, I promised to visit her today and I thought I would be done sooner." Sue said. Sam clenched his fists at his imprints name. And with that, Sue left to the hospital.

When Sue's car was gone, Sam, Paul and I looked at the two Elders. "So.... How long do we have to keep phasing?" Sam took the lead and asked the Elders, continuing there earlier conversation.

Billy and Harry looked at each other and nodded. "Until the True Alpha phases, we have to have a Temporary Alpha. And the True Alpha will decide wether you have to keep phasing for years or until the Cullens leave again." Harry spoke.

Kai looked confused. "Okay a few problems... Who is the True Alpha? Who is going to be the Temporary Alpha and what if the Cullens never move away?" She questioned.

Billy answered this time. "My father Ephraim Black, was the Alpha of the last pack. And since I didn't phase it means that my son, Jacob, will eventually phase and become Alpha."

"Yeah but what about your daughters?" Harry threw back. "Since Kai is the first girl to ever phase, your daughters have a good chance of phasing too." He explained.

Billy looked deep in thought. "No I don't think so. Rebecca is already married with kids in Hawaii. I don't think cold ones can live in such a sunny place. And as long as Rachel stays away at college she won't phase either, IF she has the gene." Billy answered calmly, completely convinced that his daughters are normal humans

Sam nodded his head in understanding, "So Jacob it is then." Sam commented.

Paul spoke up for the first time. "Why him? Is this another gene thing or does it have something to do with the Cullens or what?"

Sam looked at Paul, probably because he thought Paul offended Billy.
But Billy answered him anyway. "Yes, it's the Black family line. Blacks have been Alpha since the beginning." Billy spoke with a small tone of pride for his family. Paul nodded at that.

"And what the Cullens concerns, they have never gave us a reason to break the treaty. We will just have to wait for Jacob. Then he will decide what to do." Harry spoke.

They all agreed but there was was that seemed to be bugging Kai. "So now we have to do all this patrolling and stuff on our own?" She asked to no one in general.

Billy and Harry nodded. "We really have to wait for an Alpha like the obedient little puppies we are?!" Kai asked angrily.

"Until Jacob phases, the first wolf will be the temporary Alpha. Which means Sam will be the boss for a while." Billy said.

"You have got to be kidding me." She bitterly spoke to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 336 13
Billy Black's daughter, (Y/n) Black, sets off towards the mountains in hopes of forming her own pack, or possibly joining one. Jacob begged her to s...
443K 8.7K 24
No Emily Young in this fanfic. This fanfic starts in New Moon. Cassandra Jane Lopez is a childhood friend of Bella Swan when she lived in Phoenix...
15.7K 489 17
☄️Twilight Fanfiction ☄️Book one ☄️Series: Love Like This ☄️Book status: Complete ~~~~~~~ Armani Swan, the older adoptive sibling of Bella Swan. One...
71.6K 1.5K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...