Hidden Behind Walls

By PoetWanderess

Raven Bordeaux never liked dealing with people. She liked being encased in her drama free bubble with her few... More

Chapter 1: Your Messing with my Zen
Chapter 2: Curse You Clayton
Chapter 3: Blood blood All Around
Chapter 4: Lip Bitings Tumblr
Chapter 5: Exit the Holy Sanctuary
Chapter 6: But my dear this is not Wonderland
Chapter 7: Bloody Noses Suck
Chapter 8: Oh the days gone by
Chapter 9: We've got really bad luck
Chapter 10: Chilling With My Woes
Chapter 11: And so it begins
Chapter 12: Never Ending
Chapter 13: Too high for this
Chapter 14: Cocky even when high
Chapter 15: Always the Dark Path
Chapter 16: Autumn Nights
Chapter 17: My Drug of Choice
Chapter 19: C'est la vie
Chapter 20: And I was out here hiding from my demons in plain sight
Chapter 21: The Mansion at the Top of the Hill
Chapter 22: Laughter is the best medicine
Chapter 23: Sometimes you need your family
Chapter 24: An Empty Space
Chapter 25: And You are not Alice
Chapter 26: Christmas Day
Chapter 27: Metamorphosis
Chapter 28: Slow down
Chapter 29: Lies and a Psychiatrist
Chapter 30: Talkings not my thing
Author's Note
Chapter 31: Graduation
Chapter 32: Road Trips are harder than expected
Chapter 33: Sunset & Tattoos
Chapter 34: San Fran Livin'
Chapter 35: Dim Sum
Chapter 36: Normality
Chapter 37: We'll Be Okay
Epilogue

Chapter 18: On our way

9.9K 446 39
By PoetWanderess

We've made to 13k whoop whoop! This chapter is little short compared to my other ones but hope you guy's like it. Sorry for the lateness, once again.

*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^**^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^

On Monday, I got pulled out of class at 2:03. Rave was leaning against me drowsy eyed and when my name was called through the speaker her eyes fluttered and she turned slightly to look up at me.

"You?" she said quietly with a yawn. I nodded my head. She sat up straight and stretched trying pretend that she didn't almost doze off in Pre-Cal. She sharply retracted from her position and threw up a peace sign in front of her face, and puckered her lips. I gave her a grin and left the classroom. Rave had been a little off since the dance, less smiley more sleepy. The halls were empty and quiet but once I reached the office it was like hell had broken loose.

Ms. Zaques, the head office lady, was waving around a folder triumphantly. The other office workers were either at printers or computers typing furiously. Coach Rosch stood in the midst of it all barking about how they'll be here in a few minutes and we need all his information. I knocked solidly on the door and their heads snapped up.

They blew sighs of relief when they saw I wasn't the "they" they were talking about. They went back full speed into what they were doing before. Coach Rosch gave me a big ass grin and hugged me till I started letting out strangled breaths.

"What's happening" I wheezed out.

"Exactly what we needed" Coach Rosch said eyes twinkling. The wheels started to turn and I go bug-eyed. Coach Rosch nods his head like he can read whatever's going on through my head at this moment.

"Which one of them is is coming?" I ask, my heart beating ecstatically.

"All of them" Coach Rosch said with the biggest grin I've ever seen on him.

"Are you serious!" I asked my voice booming through the office, Coach Rosch kept nodding his head, "FUCK YES" I say pumping the air. The office chatter quieted and I sheepishly shrugged my shoulders. Coach Rosch's boisterous laugh broke the awkwardness and he slapped me on the back.

"I told you I'd figure it out" Coach Rosch said still grinning from ear-to-ear. Right after that comment, I saw 4 shiny black cars pull up to our school. Four different men stepped out of them.

"They're here!" I yell. The office goes into overdrive fixing everything, rearranging their chaos. Coach Rosch ushered me into a conference room in the back of the office. He sat me down and my right leg bounced up and down beneath the table. The men were ushered in sitting across from me. They each had been given a folder, which I guessed was my school records, transcripts and other things of the sort. Coach Rosch sat down beside me, his bulky build making it a bit hard for him to fit into the small chair, after bringing them in. I could barely breathe properly, just thinking that this was my one shot.

"I'm going to cut to the chase" said, the 2nd man, he was bald and had skin the color of mahogany that reflected the fluorescent lights. "We at UCLA would love to welcome you to our new freshman class and football team" he boasted showing off his colgate smile. That set off the debate on who was here, why they should have me, and most importantly the scholarships. Coach Rosch took the lead in all of it while I listened to every single word they said.

When it was all said and done, they stopped and looked at me expectantly. Waiting for me to make a decision right now. It was suffocating the actual thought of picking one weighing me down. Coach Rosch interjected though saving me the heart palpitations.

"I'm not about to let my star athlete choose before weighing his options" he bellowed. They looked at me crudely, trying to see if they could somehow force me into making a decision right now, while they believed they had some power over me, some way to sway my decision. I stood up sharply, they shifted backwards a bit in their seats surprised.

"I'm going to take the week to weigh my options. I will get back to you at the end of this week" I said curtly, starting to walk away from the table. I stopped abruptly and turned around sheepishly. "I'm gonna need a pass, Coach" I say with a grin. Coach Rosch stands up with a laugh, and scribbles on a sticky note for me. I take it, give the recruiters a nod, and take my leave. When I entered the main office, Ms. Zaques was sitting stoically in her chair, her fingers clacking away. She looked up at me and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and made my way back to Pre-Cal.

Raven was watching Mrs. Kapler, our Pre-Cal teacher, slugglishy, her head resting on her hand. When I knocked on the door, her eyes raised up slowly towards the door. Once she saw me, she gave me a tired grin. She stood up and opened the door for me, drawing everyone's attention from Mrs. Kapler to us.

I slipped in and she shut the door walking back to our seats. Throughout the rest of the class, which wasn't much, I milled over my conversation with the recruiters. Rave made a last ditch effort to pay attention to the rest of the lesson and when the bell rang I was still sitting there thinking, in an empty classroom.

"Clay, you ok?" Raven asks, tilting her head to the side. It took me a minute to process what she said, but when it did my head snapped up and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"What'd they call you in for?" She continued.

"Recruiters" I murmur spacing out slowly.

"They came" she exclaimed, her eyes bugging out. Her hands gripped the sides of my face and she brought my line of sight to her eyes. I nodded my head lightly.

"Oh my god!!" She squealed happily. Her arms wrapped me, enveloping me in her warmth and happiness. It was the happiest I'd seen her since the dance. It was short lived because she immediately took a step back with a frown pressing against her lips.

"Why aren't you happy?" she asks.

"In my head, it was always the college that gave me the most scholarships not actually having the choice to pick a college with a full ride in tow" I explained staring into her brown eyes.

"Well, you have the chance now. So take it by the balls" she said with a grin.

"You know, I could have said a very sexual comment to that statement" I say with a lopsided grin, rising from my seat.

"I know but you know better than that, so good boyfriend" she says giving me a pat on the head. She stops patting and her body goes rigid as she realizes what she actually said.

"Boyfriend, huh?" I say with a smirk. She starts to chew her bottom lip, and I could see ideas rolling around in her head on how to react. She took a step closer to me and pressed an index on my chest.

"Boyfriend" she says firmly, with a smirk fixed onto her face.

"Glad to hear" I retort grazing my thumb against her cheek, "...girlfriend." She scrunched up her face at the word.

"So weird...I'm a girlfriend" she says with an incredulous look. I laugh at her statement my fingers still brushing against her skin. I plant a kiss on her forehead softly and slowly lower my head down to touch our foreheads together.

A lot things flashed in my mind, I'd said that I wouldn't be in a relationship with Rave before I fixed my family problem but here I was kissing her. The full ride was just the first step but I was taking it like all my problems were solved. I sighed quietly removing myself from her, feeling awful for being selfish about this.

All of sudden her lips came up to mine and she brought up her arms to wrap around my neck and her fingers played with the ends of my hair. I slid my hands down to her waist and gripped her lightly, pressing my lips harder onto hers. She smiled against my lips and I crumbled a little inside.

"Ehem" a voice grunted, that sounded suspiciously akin to Mrs. Kapler's voice. I was too lost in Rave to notice much but Rave timidly stepped away from me and shot the person a million dollar grin.

"Sorry, Mrs. Kapler, we'll be on our way" Rave said through that grin, sliding her messenger bag onto her body slowly.

"Your lucky school's over" Mrs. Kapler says with a stern face. Raven nodded her head understandingly. I slung my backpack onto my back and Raven grabbed my hand and started fast walking out the classroom. She shot Mrs. Kapler another million dollar, valedictorian, teacher's pet type of grin and ran us out of the classroom. Once we were a sufficient distance away from the classroom and nearing Megan's locker she slowed down.

She still grasped my hand though not letting go even when we started walking.

* * *

Raven P.O.V.

My mind was abuzz from all the events that had taken place at the end of this school day. I'm pretty sure I was still shaking subtly, from calling Clay my boyfriend and kissing and getting caught to him getting his full ride. My breathing was slightly erratic but I still clung onto his hand, it was like this calm force. I didn't know what to say, I was afraid that I'd embarrass myself.

I called him my freaking boyfriend, oh god, what was I thinking. I look up at him trying to be discreet but he casts me a glance and throws a grin on his face when he sees me looking at him. I nervously beam back at him.

We silently walk to the Meagan's locker but it isn't awkward, like silence was ok. Megan's blonde hair came into view and she was screeching about being late for something at Ruri. Once, Ruri pointed me out Megan's spitfire turned to me and with horrifying realization, it finally computed to me that I had missed the bus in which dooming them both to possible grounding on part of me being so irresponsible.

"Raven, what were you even doing that could have possibly...." Meagan stopped abruptly as her eyes sank down to Clayton and I's intertwined hands.

"Is it official?" she whispered lowly. I nodded my head slowly, hoping this could appease her anger.

"FINA-FUCKING-LY" Meagan said throwing up her hands to the sky. Meagan started pacing around the little alcove raising her hands and kept saying praise to the gods. Ruri completely ignored her, and asked Clayton for a ride home. She did give me a congratulatory pat on the back though.

Ruri started to amble away towards the back door to the student parking lot.

"You wanna tell her we're going now?" Clayton asks me with an amused expression on his face.

"Nah, I wanna see if she notices we're missing" I say with sly grin.

"Okay, but if she blows up on you..." he says leaving off with a shrug.

"I will take the consequences" I say with a sharp salute. We follow after Ruri who had already made it outside. There was no sign of Meagan even when we had reached Clayton's convertible. I was honestly feeling a twinge bad when Clayton started pulling out of his parking spot. Before we left the student parking lot a blur curly blonde burst from the doors of the school.

"RAVENNNN!!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 40 14
She had everything she never wanted and he had everything he ever wanted. Scared. Beaten. Barely loved. Brave. Reckless. Adored. Can these two wor...
4.3K 151 32
please don't mind my description I'm really bad at them😭😭 Camila and Taylor have been best friends since they can remember. they spend all their ti...
218 52 19
In a quiet corner of Crestwood High School, Leo, a shy high schooler, catches the eye of Elisa, a stunning girl who secretly has many admirers. As Le...
25K 662 10
Hi, i'm Chloe Quessi and i've always been the outcast in school. See I'm not exactly the most "Popular" as you might say. I'm the girl who sits in t...