The Cellar

By natashapreston

For months Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her - and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and... More

The Cellar - Chapter One
The Cellar - Chapter Two
The Cellar - Chapter Three
The Cellar - Chapter Four
The Cellar - Chapter Five
The Cellar - Chapter Six
The Cellar - Chapter Seven (Clover)
The Cellar (7)
The Cellar (8)
The Cellar (9)
The Cellar (10)
The Cellar (11)
The Cellar (12)
The Cellar (13)
The Cellar (14)
The Cellar (15)
The Cellar (16)
The Cellar (17)
The Cellar (18)
The Cellar (19)
The Cellar (20)
The Cellar (20 - Clover)
The Cellar (21)
The Cellar (22)
The Cellar (23)
The Cellar (24)
The Cellar (25)
The Cellar (26)
Bonus Chapter - Finding Rose
The Sequel
Your help/opinion please?
Publishing and Fan Funding!

The Cellar (27) Epilogue

809K 21.7K 14.4K
By natashapreston

Chapter 27 (Epilogue)

Summer’s POV

I knelt down and laid the daisies on Louise’s grave, Becca did the same for Rose, laying down a large bunch of red roses; she would have wanted roses still. I missed both of them so much it made me feel sick, every morning I still expect them to be there, it takes a couple seconds to realise that I was finally home. I had a lot of guilt that I couldn’t help Rose but I think she’d been down there too long, she just couldn’t adjust to normal life, not that she even tried, a part of me believes that she didn’t want to live without him which makes me feel sick.

We talked to them for a while before Becca said she had to get home, it was her Mum’s birthday and they were having a party. I was so happy that she’d made up with her family; she didn’t ever think she would. “Bye Louise, bye Rose,” I whispered as we left. I always felt guilty leaving them but at least they’re next to each other. We couldn’t find their families and no one came forward so me and Becca arranged their funerals.

“So we’re meeting up next week for lunch right?” Becca asked, linking her arm in mine.

“Yep, and then shopping at the weekend.” Lewis and Becca’s brother would be coming with us. Her brother was really protective of her and they’d become close again, they were best friends growing up so I was happy for her that she’s got that back.

I said bye to Becca and walked to Lewis’ car, he was waiting for me in the car park as usual. Over the last two months I don’t think he’d let me out of his sight once, not that I wanted him to. He jumped out of the car when he saw me walking over. “You okay?” he asked, stopping just in front of me. He still seemed a little nervous around me, like he was scared of breaking me or something. Things were getting better but we were taking it slowly, I still had a lot of stuff to work through.

“I’m fine. I just want to go home and relax,” I said, chewing my lip. He looked like he wanted to kiss me but was holding back. We hadn’t gone any further than just kissing; I loved Lewis more than anything but after Clover I wasn’t ready to have sex again. I felt different now, dirty and used, not good enough for Lewis. I stepped forward and kissed him on the lips; he kissed me back and wrapped his arms around me.

“I love you,” he whispered, pressing his forehead against mine and stroking my cheek.

I smiled happily; I’d missed him saying those words for eight months. “I love you too.” We drove back to my house in silence, as soon as I opened the front door my parents ran into the room, visibly relaxing as they saw it was me. I can’t blame them for worrying though.

Lewis followed me up to my room and we laid down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It still feels strange to be here sometimes and I often find myself wondering around not knowing what to do or I’ll stay in my room for ages and read before I realise that I can go out. Lewis hates when I do that, he never says anything but I can see it in his eyes, I really can’t help it though. I rolled over and laid my head on Lewis’ chest, he started running his fingers through my hair comfortingly and I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up alone which was strange, he’s usually there. I got up to go and find him, picking up a jacket that was lying on the floor and opening the wardrobe to put it away. Someone grabbed the jacket out of my hand; I turned to see Lewis throwing it back on the chair. “You don’t have to keep everything crazy clean,” he said softly although I could tell he was angry, he got that look in his eye that he gets every time I talk about Clover and what happened.

“Sorry,” I said, looking at the floor.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on the top of my head. “Don’t apologise. I’m the one that should be sorry. I guess I’m just not used to tidy Summer!” he said jokingly, his body was too tense and I could tell he was just trying to lighten the mood and make me feel better. Lewis pulled back, “Your Mum’s calling you.” Calling me? I turned to the door and heard her shouting ‘Summer’ up the stairs. I didn’t dare look at Lewis. I know it hurt him when I didn’t answer, it just takes me a while to realise they’re calling me; I keep expecting to be called Lily.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of my room. “Yeah Mum.”

She smiled at me sadly, knowing why it took me so long to answer. “We’re going out now so we’ll see you when we get back.”

“Okay, have a good night.” She tells me where she’s going all the time. Mum and Dad left telling Lewis to stay with me all the time, I wasn’t supposed to hear but my Dad can’t whisper!

Tonight was Ethan’s birthday, he was having a party at the social club and I wanted to go, I wanted to try being a normal teenager again. Tonight would be the first time I would have gone out since I got back, it was also the first time I would see Maria too, she emailed a few times telling me how sorry she was and how guilty she felt. She wanted to come but my parents were still angry with her, I wasn’t though, it wasn’t her fault.

“Are you sure you want to go?” Lewis asked again, watching me put on my make-up.

I turned around and looked at him, “I’m sure and you’ll be there too so I’ll be fine.” I turned back, scowling at myself when I realised I’d done my make-up how Clover liked, I quickly added more eyeliner and pushed all thoughts of him out of my head, I wanted to enjoy tonight not spent it crying like every other night.

Lewis came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist making me feel instantly safe. I smiled and pressed my back into his chest as he kissed my shoulder working his way up my neck. My body still reacted to his touch in the same way it always did, my heart beat faster, goosebumps erupt over my skin and I get butterflies. His hands wondered lower down my legs and he moaned against my neck, I could feel him getting aroused and I didn’t understand how he could want me.

I pulled away from him feeling a little uncomfortable. “Sorry,” I mumbled under my breath, looking away embarrassed.

He cupped my chin and pulled my head up to look at him. “I told you not apologise. I can wait as long as you need, I promise, I’m not going anywhere Sum.”

I took a deep and prepared myself to tell him the real reason I couldn’t go any further. “It’s not that I don’t want to, I...”

“You what?” he prompted.

“I don’t understand why you want to.”

He frowned in confusion, “What? Summer, I’ve wanted you for years why would I stop wanting you n-” He stopped talking as he realised why and pulled me back into his arms. “I hate what he did to you, I would kill him if I got the chance but it hasn’t changed how I feel about you. You’re still perfect to me, same as you’ve always been. If you need more time I understand and I’ll wait as long as you want, we don’t have to do it ever again if you don’t want, but don’t just wait for me. I love you and I want you.” He sounded so sincere and I didn’t doubt him at all but I still couldn’t understand it. I smiled as he wiped away my tears. “You wanna get ready for the party?” I bit my lip and shook my head, pressing my body against his harder.

I could feel his breath on my face. He looked as nervous as I felt. “I want to, if you’re sure.”

He smiled and stroked my face; staring into my eyes and making me feel weightless. “I love you,” he mumbled against my lips as he kissed me tenderly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back as he picked me up and laid us down on the bed.

At first I was scared that I would freeze up or images of Clover would flash through my mind but as Lewis slowly undressed me and caressed my skin all I could think of was how much I loved him. His lips never left mine as our bodies moved together. He made me feel like Summer again for the first time in ten months.

I laid in his arms felling happy and safe, I didn’t realise how much I’d missed being this close to him until now. “I love you Lewis,” I whispered breathlessly.

 “I love you too,” he said, kissing the top of my head and stroking my back. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I said with a big smile. I think I was finally okay, although I would never forget what happened and it would always have an effect on me, I wasn’t willing to let Clover ruin my life anymore. I was home, had the perfect boyfriend and family, and now it was time to concentrate on the future. “I have to go to Ethan’s party. I need to sort things out with Maria, and see my friends.”

He pulled back a little to look at me, “Really? You’re sure?”

I rolled on top of him making him smile. “I want to move on, I want my friends back and I want everything to go back to normal.” Well as normal as possible.

“I’m so proud of you Sum,” he said, kissing me and setting my body on fire. I can’t believe he spent every day looking for me and technically he’d found me but it took ages to get the police to believe him. He has a lot of guilt about that and apologises all the time but it wasn’t his fault and I’ve never been angry with him. I felt sick when he told me he’d followed Clover home after he volunteered the thought of Clover finding him and doing something to him killed me. At least Clover was locked up in a secure psychiatric unit now and hopefully he’ll get the help he obviously needs, my family were really angry that he wouldn’t go to prison but he was classed as un-fit to stand trial. I would rather he was getting proper help than being in prison though.

We both got dressed and made our way to the social club. Lewis squeezed my hand as we drove past the park, I took a quick glance over to where Clover kidnapped me and my blood ran cold as I remembered him dragging me to his van. I pushed away the memory, determined not to let it ruin tonight.

I walked nervously into the hall, clinging onto Lewis’ hand. I had seen most of my friends since I got home but not all at once. “Let’s get a drink,” Lewis said, guiding me towards the bar. Jess and Ethan came up to me while we were waiting to order and we spoke for a bit, it was a little weird and slightly awkward, I don’t think they really knew how to act but things were getting better between us all.

After about an hour I had relaxed and sat at a table with Lewis, Jess, Ethan and a few of Ethan’s friends from college. I couldn’t help thinking I should be at college too but I was planning on enrolling next year.

“Hi Summer,” Maria said nervously, stopping a little way in front of me.

I smiled and nudged Lewis with my leg to get him to stop glaring at her. “Hi.”

“Can we talk somewhere?”

I kissed Lewis and stood up. “I won’t go far,” I said as he looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Maria followed me out of the room and we stood against the wall, I made sure I stood opposite the door so Lewis could still see me.

“Summer, I’m so, so sorry. I don’t know what to say to make it better, I just feel so guilty and I completely understand if you hate me and don’t ever-”

I held my hands up to stop her as she hadn’t taken a breath and was starting to cry. “I don’t hate you, and I don’t blame you either.” Everyone was feeling guilty and blaming themselves when really it was all Clover’s fault. “I’d really like for things to go back to how they were.”

“Yeah? You mean you still want to be friends?” she asked shocked. I laughed and nodded; she squealed and threw her arms around me. “Thank you.” I hugged her back feeling happy to have my friends back.

“So what’s been happening around here then? I haven’t heard much gossip.” She laughed and started filling me in on absolutely everything that’s happened, a lot of it involved looking for me but thankfully she only mentioned it briefly.

“Are you okay now? I mean we heard what happened and everything,” she mumbled.

“Yeah, I’m finally doing okay. We should go back in,” I said, nodding my head towards the door. Lewis was still watching me and looked like he was about to come out here any second.

At half eleven we left to go home. I loved going out and everything was pretty much back to normal with my friends although it was clear Lewis wasn’t going to forgive Maria anytime soon. We walked into the lounge and Henry was sitting on the sofa with his girlfriend watching Halloween, she was clinging to him and squealing.

I pulled Lewis down on the sofa and grabbed one of their bowls of popcorn. Lewis wrapped both arms around me and pulled me in between his legs. I noticed Henry looking at me confused. “What Henry?”

“You’re a baby when it comes to horror movies, why aren’t you screaming like a little girl and clinging onto him?” he asked, gesturing to Lewis.

“It doesn’t scare me anymore,” I said simply. After being kidnapped, locked in a cellar, raped, beaten, watching too many people being stabbed to death, having to clean up blood and dead bodies, caring for Louise after he almost beat her to death, burying Louise after she was killed and Rose after she committed suicide, some guy in a mask hacking people up really doesn’t bother me now. By the sad and angry looks on Henry and Lewis’ face I should have been a little less honest. I kissed Lewis and snuggled closer to him, trying to get him to relax again.

Over the next two weeks things continued improving, I was properly happy again, my family and friends were all acting normal, and mine and Lewis’ relationship was like it used to be. I spend a lot of time with Becca and we visit Rose and Louise every week. I did think about visiting Clover so I could find out why he did it in his own words but I decided not to, it didn’t really matter why, it happened and I got through it. I still do have bad days but not as many.

I skipped downstairs and sat on Lewis’ lap. His family were at ours for Henry’s birthday, we were having a barbecue for lunch; he was still hung over from going out last night so he would probably eat about ten burgers. Lewis refused to go, he actually refused to even discus him going so we had an early night together, which I think he preferred anyway.

We all went outside where Dad and Lewis’ Dad were cooking on the barbecue and sat at the table. Lewis kissed my neck and bit my shoulder making me giggle and squirm out of his grip, I loved just messing around with him, we were always like that before and I was so happy that we’d gone back to it.

A police car stopped outside our house and Dad opened the gate to let them in the back garden. Lewis’ arms tightened around me. I felt sick, what had happened? Was it Becca? They were too far away for me to hear what they were saying and it was driving me crazy. Michael walked over with my Dad and smiled at me. We kept in contact with Michael; he was the one who carried me out of the cellar.

He sat down and took a deep breath. “I’ve just had a call and it seems that while transporting Colin to another unit there was an...incident.” He cleared his throat and continued, “The van was involved in an accident, and Colin escaped. Now I don’t want you to worry, we’ll find him but I wanted to come straight here and tell you first hand.” Lewis’ whole body was tense, I couldn’t see his face but I knew he would look angry.

Everyone started firing questions and Henry swore a lot. I sat still, feeling sick. “Michael,” I said loudly, getting his attention and making everyone else stop talking. “What happens now? Does Becca know?”

He nodded, “My colleague is at her house now. Were looking for him, he can’t get far on foot; we’re contacting the press and will get his picture out again soon. There’s nowhere for him to go, and no way he’d come back here.”

I laughed humourlessly, “Of course he’s coming back here!”

“Why do you think that? Surely he’ll try and get as far away as possible honey,” Mum said, rubbing my back comfortingly.

I shook my head. “You don’t know him; family is everything to him, that’s what his whole life was about. He’ll want me and Becca.” Lewis started swearing now, I squeezed his hand to try and calm him down.

Michael scratched the back of his neck, “You really think he’ll try and get you and Rebecca back?”

I nodded, “Definitely.” He stood up and started calling someone.

“He’ll never get near you again, I promise,” Lewis said, stroking my cheek. I pressed my forehead against his and smiled. “Summer, I’ll kill him before he can even look at you. I need you to know that you’re safe.”

“I know I am.” I wasn’t scared, I feel like I should be but I wasn’t, he didn’t scare me anymore. I refused to be Lily ever again, scared and doing what I was told. He can come here and try getting me back but I wasn’t going to let that happen.

The afternoon was ruined, no one felt like celebrating anymore so we all went inside. There were police officers outside the house now and news reporters. I’d spoken to Becca on the phone, she knew he would try and come back for us too but she wasn’t scared either, we were both so much stronger now.

Lewis stroked my hair behind my ear. “I love you baby,” he mumbled against my lips. I kissed him back pressed my body into his. My heart was beating wildly in my chest; I’ll never get bored of hearing him say that.

“I love you too,” I whispered as I pulled back and buried my head in the crook of his neck.

Someone rang the doorbell and everyone jumped up, gathering around the door. Dad opened the door and took something from the delivery man. “Summer,” he said, turning around slowly, his face was pale. My eyes landed on the huge bunch of lilies and I took a deep breath as Lewis wrapped his arms around me protectively. He was coming back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Sequel*** There is one. Check out my page or the 'Sequel' in this story (after the bonus chapter)

A HUGE thank you to all of you for reading, commenting, voting and all that other stuff! I've really loved reading what you think.

Credit to DemonChick16 for the flower idea at the end, thanks!!

If you liked the epilogue please comment, vote, like and tweet one last time!!!

Remember to vote for The Cellar in the Watty Awards!!! ;D

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Flowers for you By DANNE

Mystery / Thriller

15.5K 1.1K 24
All is well in Patty's life until her best friend goes missing. No note. No texts, just got up and was gone the next day. People say she ran off wit...
2.8K 51 12
Alex, a female ex-coworker at Playtime Co. They were 18 when the place shut down. Now, its been 10 years ever since. However, one morning, they get s...
10.2K 123 18
Kathryn is an average girl, she's thoughtful and wouldn't hurt a fly but when a mysterious stranger takes her away to an unknown location and she's i...
1K 22 20
Brooklyn was an ordinary teen age girl. She practically lived with her best friend due to her guardian being her abusive step dad... On her way back...