Colors

By wangkongbean

"Despite 7 million colors being visible to the human eye, and 48 of your color pencils available for you to u... More

I : Good Old Memories
II : Window
III : Not Childhood Friends
IV : Brontosaur
V : Confections and Words
VI : Snow
VII : First Dates
VIII : Cherish
IX : That Fool
X : X
XI : Black
XII : White
XIII : Chair
XIV : Surreal Truth
XV : Blood Sausages
XVI : How Things Were
XVII : Lucky
XVIII : Puns
XIX : Sweet and All
XX : Gone for Good
XXI : Numb
XXIII: Asleep
XXIV : The Call
XXV : Together
XXVI : Assumptions
XXVII : Afraid
XXVIII : Jirrafe
XXIX : Dumped
bruh pls
XXX : Pretty
XXXI : Park
XXXII : Rain
bangtan tag
XXXIII : I Remembered
XXXIV : Airplane
XXXV : The Leaf and the Candle
XXXVI : Park Jimin
XXXVII : Red (Part 1)
XXXVII : Red (Part 2)
Special Chapter Vote
Epilogue : Colors

XXII : Bickers and Teasings

24K 1.6K 1.2K
By wangkongbean

"It's gone.." he smiled, "It's gone for good.."

"It is? But.. But I thought they said there was no cure?"

"It wasn't due to a cure."

"I don't.. I don't understand.."

"Say, do you believe in.." he stared far away into the clouds, "miracles?"

"You know, some things may seem impossible when they're actually aren't."

Like you being here right in this moment when I clearly remember you being gone for two months?

I stayed quiet and contemplated. Getting reminded of the past, my chest prickled and my eyes burned. It took me a lot of strength to say this with a huge knot forming in my throat,

"From what I've recently experienced," I cleared my throat, "I guess I have no choice but to believe in miracles.." I finished my sentence with a small laugh.

I took a glance at Jimin, who stayed quiet. It seemed like he wants to talk about something, get something off his chest, but then he canceled it and chose to keep it towards himself. Was it concerning his return he wanted to talk about? But then him deciding to hold it back might meant that he felt uncomfortable.

It seemed like life was giving him a second chance in everything. His parents were back together, his family's financial situations were fixed, his health was in a perfect state, and the chances of reaching his dreams were back on his path. It seemed like life was giving him a chance to be happy, and I don't plan on ruining it by reminding him of the ugly past.

"By the way," he suddenly said.

"You're acting like how you used to when I was sick. Haven't I told you, that I don't like it if you treat me as weak and ill?" he paused, "Just be comfortable and hit on me."

My eyes widened.

"Uh.. I meant, hit me."

I laughed at his mistake, "Damn son, you are a masochist."

"Kimochi, senpai~*" he responded.

"What the heck?" I cracked up and playfully slapped his arm.

I was kinda surprised and taken aback by what I've just done, but then he gave me a smile. A smile so warm that I can't resist but to smile back. I suddenly felt this urge to pull him into a hug, which I obeyed to.

"Jiminnie... Congratulations." I rested my chin on his shoulder, "I'll always be with you. Now don't worry about anything anymore and go for your dreams."

He stayed quiet and tightened his hold on me as I closed my eyes. We stayed like that for some moments. It felt warm and comforting. It felt like I belonged there. But then he suddenly pulled away and held my shoulders. His eyes glinted with something that I knew wasn't happiness nor assurance.

I wanted to ask why, I wanted him to just tell me everything, I wanted to be able to help. But then playing dumb for the sake of not ruining our moments is always an option.

He exhaled a long breath and threw his arm around my shoulders, "Now let's return, the boys would be worried if we stayed out too long!"

-

"I swear you guys would meet your doom if the word spreads out!" I threatened a pack of laughing boys.

"Gosh we shouldn't have forced Jinhee to dance." Namjoon was barely holding back his tears of laughter.

"I told you I can't dance!" I covered my face in embarrassment.

The sound of the dismissal bell ringing soon came to our ears, we almost cheered in chorus. The boys then packed their stuffs and got ready to leave the room.

"So, today at six?" Yoongi looked back and asked before exiting the room.

"Yeah!" Hoseok answered, wiping his sweat with a small towel.

"Then see you guys!" Yoongi then left the room.

"See you!" Namjoon and Taehyung then left after responding.

Only in less than a minute, most of the guys had left, leaving me, Jimin, and Jungkook in the room.

"Later bro!" Jungkook offered his fist to Jimin, which he bumped to.

"And Lee Jinhee," he smiled "See you later?"

I replied his smile, "Sure, see you later." We then waved our goodbyes and Jungkook left.

I was glad that Jungkook and I weren't in awkward terms anymore, even though the guys kept dosing us with teasings.

"Lee Jinhee, see you later?" Jimin mimicked with a squeaky voice and an ugly expression, "Yahhhh... You're even zoning out after talking to him."

"I'm no-" I decided to fire back instead, "Hm, jealous much?" I asked playfully.

"Of course I'm not!"

Well that kinda hurts..

"You guys are going to meet again this evening, so you don't have to miss him that much already." Jimin clicked his tongue.

"Oh shut up Park Jimin, I'm not even missing him!"

"Yeah right.."

"Whatever, let's just go home." I went through the door and walked towards the exit.

"Hey, what about your assigned photographs?" Jimin suddenly reminded me.

"What assign- OH RIGHT!" I immediately sprinted to the photography club room on the third floor, Jimin followed and caught up beside me. I felt a good tingly feeling seeing him run. I realized that I've became so emotional nowadays, all of that thanks to Park Jimin. Opening the door, the president was still there. Since Hongbin sunbaenim had graduated, the position was now given to Han Sanghyuk, who studied in the same year as me, only in a different classroom.

"Han Sanghyuk!" I entered the room panting.

"Oh! Lee Jinhee! And.. Park Jimin?" he pointed at Jimin.

"Yeah," I took a short breath, "Sorry," I breathed again, "I forgot."

"Ah, you haven't submitted the photographs?"

"Yeah... Sorry." I handed him my memory card.

"Chill, It's alright," he shrugged and took the card from my hand whilst I imagined that Hongbin sunbaenim would at least give me a short lecture before he's going to do the same.

"Aigoo, our Han Sanghyuk is so cool. You really know how to treat your friend, huh?" Jimin tapped his shoulder, which looked very awkward since Sanghyuk towered over him.

"It really feels better to have a club president in the same year as mine." I chuckled, "I don't know what I might have become if the president was still Hongbin sunbaenim.."

"Beanie hyung? But why? He's cool too.."

"It's just that Jinhee gets nervous every time she talks to good looking guys." Jimin stated and pinched my cheeks.

"Ew no!" I punched his shoulder.

Sanghyuk only laughed as he watched our actions, before actually saying,

"You guys look great as a couple."

I froze and panicked on what to respond with, my cheeks were already heating up like a steamer.

"Errr.." Jimin also stopped his pinchings and blinked several times.

"That was..." I stopped as I didn't know what to say.

"Thank you?" Jimin continued.

But then I regained my senses to finally say "But yeah, ew no."

"Man it hurts!" Jimin complained.

"Maybe I'll reconsider it the day you realized that I'm not a man." I crossed my arms as we continued to bicker, leaving Han Sanghyuk speechless.

-

"Hey!" Jimin and I saw Taehyung waving towards us from inside the fast food chain restaurant.

Everyone was already there, we approached their table and sat down.

"Oho, J for Jungkook!" Hoseok pointed out to the sweater I was wearing, which had a big fat 'J' written on the center. Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung, and Jin oppa started oohing at the fact.

"For your information, Jinhee starts with J too.." I uncomfortably shrugged.

"And Jimin!" Jimin added.

"Yeah, and also Jin." I tried convincing them.

"And Jimin!" Jimin repeated.

"Ayyy, sure sure. There's also Joseok, Jamjoon, Joongi, and Jaehyung right?" Hoseok said sarcastically, "Let's just place our orders."

As we listed our orders, Jungkook and I turned out ordering the same menu, which of course made the guys go crazy once more. I'm starting to feel sick of all their teasings, but as I didn't want to ruin the fun they're having, all I did was shrug it off. I volunteered on ordering so that I won't have to face their teasings.

"Here's your order!" the waiter came and placed two trays of full of food and soft drinks on the countertop in front of me.

"Ah, gamsahabnida," I picked up one of the trays and wondered on how I should carry the other one.

Jungkook seemed to notice that I needed help and came over.

"Need a hand?" he smiled.

"OH MY GOD PRINCE CHARMING CAME TO THE RESCUE!" Yoongi's voice was heard coming from their table.

I thought that I've had enough and don't want to deal with any more teasings. I handed my tray to Jungkook, scoffed, and abruptly left the restaurant. The ringing of the bells when I opened the door became the background music to the boys getting startled from what I just did.

I stared down to the ground and kicked some pebbles which were innocently laying around. I can't help but felt pissed from the constant teasings I received, I mean I don't even like Jungkook anymore. What pissed me off even more is that Jimin seemed to support the nonexistent ship at times, but reject it the other times. I don't get what he wanted. I looked up towards the navy blue sky and sighed.

The ringing of the bells from the door opening came to my ears, someone had came out. I looked back and saw Jungkook approaching me.

"Hey," he greeted me with a simple smile.

"Hey," I replied.

We stayed quiet and stared into the busy evening streets for a moment.

"Sorry," we said almost in sync and got a little surprised from the harmony. He then made a hand gesture, telling me that I may speak first.

"I'm sorry for suddenly storming out and leaving you there with the trays," I exhaled a deep breath and chuckled dryly.

"I'm sorry that because of me you got teased a lot," He grinned awkwardly.

"It's not your fault.." I walked towards a nearby bench and sat on one of the corner.

He then sat on the other corner and stared at the skies that is starting to turn black, I did the same.

"It's been two months since the last time we stared at the night sky together, huh?" He chuckled.

"Yeah," I laughed as I got more relaxed.

"I never told my friends why there was never a second date," he rubbed his nape.

"Ah.. So that's why.."

"Yeah, they thought it's just because I'm too shy to ask you out again."

"What?" I laughed again, "They sure are dense.."

"If I remembered correctly, someone was much more dense about two months ago.." He playfully raised his eyebrows.

I complained the moment I realized that he was talking about me, "Yah!"

We giggled at the memory. How I wished everything had been like this since two months ago, and that we could never have to face that tragedy.

"How are things between you and Jimin?" he nudged me in the elbow.

"Hehe.. I don't know," I looked down as my cheeks were starting to feel warm. Jungkook laughed at my reaction.

"I'm gonna tell my friends that we hold nothing towards each others anymore, for your sake."

"Well, I'll appreciate that." I made a cheeky yet heartfelt smile.

"Or should I drop the details too? About you and Jimin, hmm?" his face got closer to mine as he teased.

"Don't you dare!" I warned him by pointing a finger towards him.

The bell rang again, someone went out the door.

"Jinhee-yah?" Jimin worriedly looked here and there for me, but then his expression changed when he spotted me and Jungkook.

"Mwohanya**? The food's getting cold," he said with a straight expression. He then left us and quickly went inside the restaurant again. Jungkook and I were stunned for a moment from what just happened.

"Ssh! Someone's jealous!" Jungkook whispered as we stood up, I laughed from his comment.

"We're cool right?" he then asked me.

"Of course we're cool," we then walked inside the restaurant.

_______________

* = stating that "It feels good" to a senior

** = "what are you/you guys doing"

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for posting this a day later than promised..

oh lawd wattpad kept fuking wit me im so engry :'(

Hope you liked the updates! Thank you for the reads, votes, and comments! :)

- wangkongbean -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 1.2K 25
Have you ever had thoughts about your BBF? Did you ever want to be adult enough for them to notice you and take you seriously? Because I do, everyda...
4.9K 368 46
{ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ} "You know what? I'm more than angry. I'm furious. You throw away my feelings like they're nothing. Like I'm nothing. And then you...
46.2K 2.7K 87
"We can't be together but I can't lose you too," his once soothing voice sounded pained. "You're right, we can't be together." she agreed as her hea...
1.9M 75.8K 41
His naked chest pressed against her exposed bosoms as he leaned his face dangerously closer to her and spread her legs wide and settled himself betwe...