A Curse of Luck

Bởi xXsweetmisery10Xx

For as long as Whitney can remember her family has had rotton luck. Nothing extremely unlucky happens like de... Xem Thêm

Taken (1)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (2)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (3)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (4)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (5)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (6)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story)(7)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (8)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (9)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (10)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (11)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (12)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (13)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (14)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (15) Part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (16)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) Part 1
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (17) part 2
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (18)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (19)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (20)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (22)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (23)
A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (24)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (25)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped story) (26)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (27)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (28)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (29)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (30)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (31)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (32)
A Curse of Luck (A Kidnapped Story) (33)
Feeling Safe (36)
Bitterness (37)

A Curse of Luck (A kidnapped story) (21)

822 18 12
Bởi xXsweetmisery10Xx

(Recap)

"Um Will- I mean Kieran, how-when- when is Will getting control back?"

He stops eating completely and just sits there. He slowly looks at me with a frown on his face.

"Do you want him to come back?"

"Well, yes, I mean I have a lot of questions for him, and I kind of need his help with something, so when will he come back?"

He releases a sigh, "what if I don't want to give him control?"

I freeze is he being serious? He has to let him get control back, doesn't he?

What if he doesn't, what if I won't ever get to see Will again?

..........................................................................................................................................

Whitney's (pov)

"You're joking right?" I give a concern look, he can't do that. Can he?

His face pulls into a deeper frown and his whole demeanor has changed. "Does it look like I'm joking?" He questions.

Is he being serious right now, well he definitely looks it but why is he all upset?

"No it doesn't look like your joking, but you can't be serious. You have to let Will get control back."

"Do I? I don't remember you being in charge of me, I don't have to do anything." He says in a condescending tone and returns to eating.

I don't know what to say or to think, why is he being like this? I need to speak with Will, and Kieran needs to grow up and stop acting like a baby.

"I never said you had to do anything, but I need to speak to Will; I need his help." I glare slightly at him, if he's going to have an attitude than so will I.

"I can help you, you don't need his help, whatever it is I'll help you." His face has perked up as if he just solved an extremely hard math problem.

"Well, I- I don't think so, I need to sort this out with Will. I need to know why he agreed with escorting Cara."

"Does it really matter why he did? You might not like the answer you get. Besides I'm the one with majority over our powers so I could be much more helpful than he. You don't need him when you have me."

Can you say arrogant much, I can. But if I think about it Kieran could be a lot of help with him having powers, but on the other hand I don't know if I can trust him. With Will, at least I don't have to worry about him trying to kiss me, and I know I can trust him to help.

So to sum it up I trust Will more than I do Kieran, even if they are technically the same being.

 What if Kieran is right, and I don't like what Will might say, no- no- no I can't see him doing anything like that. I can't see him agreeing with giving Cara away like a package, he just wouldn't.

"What do you mean when you say you have the majority of your powers? Doesn't Will also have powers?"

He snorts, "The only kind of powers he really has is better hearing, smelling, sensing, strength, and second sight. Other than that if you're ever in real danger he is useless."

"Second sight?"

"It's communicating through your mind." He gives me a duh look, like I should have known that.

"Will can do that?"

"I doubt he is aware he can, but when you yelled for help the first time from inside your mind, his mind heard you. I'm very surprised and impressed that you can do this too. But that just shows your demon genes are becoming more prominent, but it also takes a strong mind."

He does have a look of pride crossed with impressed on his face. Man he's a weirdo.

God I hope my demon genes aren't coming through too much, when I get back home it would be hard to explain to my parents. But maybe when I get back home everything will go back to normal. I mean I never had any type of weird abilities there so I think- I hope everything will go back to the way it was when I return.

"So you know about my demon genes too?"

He looks away and clears his throat, "It was in one of Will's dreams, so yes I do."

"Will dreams about me?" Why do I feel so weird about that, I mean dreams are just dreams? But then again I've never dreamt of Will, that I know of. I feel a little embarrassed I wonder what the dream was about, besides me having demon genes.

I voice my thoughts. "What was the dream about?" My voice is full of curiosity.

He finishes eating my food, and I can tell by the look on his face he doesn't want to answer me. Well than maybe it was a really bad dream or something, on second thought maybe I don't want to know.

"It was just a dream nothing more, a more important question is; what is it you need Will to help you with?"

Now it's my turn not to want to answer a question. I mean should I tell Kieran, should I ask him for help? I really wanted to talk to Will and have him help me, but I don't think Kieran is going to give control back without a fight.

So what do I do, I need to think of something. There has to be some way I can get Kieran to let Will out and at the same time not upset him.

I have my head bowed down in thought and I unconsciously bite the tip of my thumb. I do this when I'm nervous or when I think of an answer.

I hear Kieran move the tray of food to the ground and I feel the bed shift. Thank goodness he got up. Or at least that's what I thought; that is until I see his hand come into view, and he takes my cheek in it. He raises my head to face him, god he does that a lot.

Now what, he better not try to kiss me again; cause this time I'm not going to be so calm about it. I feel so strange and uncomfortable when he does this.

I push my hands onto the bed and try to scoot back and away from him. He needs to learn I like my personal space and I certainly don't like him invading it.

"Stop doing that." I jerk my head away from him and slide to the edge of the bed, ready to get off if necessary.

"No, you stop doing that." He counters. What the hell is he talking about?

"Stop doing what?" My eye brows are pulled together in confusion.

"You keep trying to make space between us, and I don't like it." His voice is getting very irritated.

Well I'm getting very annoyed with him also, and why does he always act like what I'm doing is wrong and then scolds me like I'm child.

"Well I don't care if you like it or not. I don't like it when your that close, so from now on keep your distance!" It comes out sounding like a warning more than anything. But again my bark is worse than my bite; I just hope he doesn't figure that out.

The whole time I try to keep eye contact but then his eyes turn that heated blue and I lose all my confidence and authority. I look down quickly avoiding his gaze.

But eventually I look up and I see his pupils begin to get smaller, and he then releases a sharp growl. Oh crap what did I do? I really need to watch what I say to him.

I back up toward the door ready to run out at a moment notice. He stands from the bed and steps confidently to me. Oh boy, what do I do?

"Wi- I mean Kieran, I'm sorry if I've upset you it-its just-just." I can't think of the right words to say to him so he'll calm down.

I hold both my hand up in front of me mentally hoping he won't come any farther. But why should my luck all a sudden change for the better? It won't, so I just pray and hope he'll go easy on me whatever he's going to do.

He keeps taking steps to me almost agonizingly slow. "Kieran I'm sorry okay, I just lost my cool for a second. I didn't mean to make you mad, okay- so just sit back down, okay?"

I see the corners of his lips twitch upward, is he about to laugh or bite my head off? I honestly can't tell, his whole face is still and stern.

The only thing that lets off what he's feeling is his eyes, and I'm no expert but I'm guessing his pupil dilating like that doesn't mean anything pleasant.

I back up till I'm against the wall with the door inches to my right. Well that was stupid. I need to keep talking to try to calm him down.

"Kieran, I- look- I- just," he keeps advancing and before I know it he's about a foot away from me.

"Say it again." He commands, but what is he talking about, say what?

I let my hands fall a bit, "say what again?" If I keep talking I think I can calm him down.

He finally steps all the way to me so he's lightly pressed against me. I turn to my side and try to reach for the door. But he immediately slams his left hand against the wall causing his arm to block my exit. I stare at his arm the whole time to scared to look him in the face. He must be really mad. I have no idea what to do now.

"Whitney look at me!" His voice is very commanding and leaves no room for argument. I'm more afraid of what he'll do if I don't, so I turn to face him. I finally lift my head all the way to look him in his eyes.

"Say it again." He repeats. But I don't know what he wants me to say. That I'm sorry, that has to be it. Okay I will even if I really didn't do anything wrong.

"Okay I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." I fold my arms across my chest and I hope and pray he lets this go and forgives me.

He places the other hand against the wall so now I'm trapped between his arms as well as his body. I take a deep breath to try to calm my fluttering heart. He is way too close for comfort. He leans his head in and I watch ever movement. He tilts his head to the side and tucks my hair behind my left ear.

He leans in further and I can feel his warm breath blow into my ear which makes me squirm. He sees this and places his left hand on my shoulder pushing it to wall, making sure I won't go anywhere. I really don't like this, at least I think I don't.

"I want you to say my name again." He whispers huskily into my ear.

His name? He wants me to say his name, there is something very wrong with this guy?

"Say it," he repeats while tracing my neck with his nose. I shiver and try to push him away now.

"Fine Kieran, there now step back."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I like being close to you so I can take in your scent." And with that he takes a big whiff of my "scent". I try to push him harder but he just pushes back till my elbows hit the wall, which kind of stung.

"Kieran stop, this isn't funny."

"I'm not laughing." He pulls back slightly and I see a hint of a smirk on his face. What is wrong with this guy, I can't believe this.

Now I lost all my fear I'm just ticked off. "Kieran I mean it back-off."

"Fine, on one condition."

"What's the condition?"

"You have to tell me what you need Will to help you with."

Damn he's good, but should I tell? He starts pressing himself more into me making me feel his well-built shape. Oh gosh this is making me so uncomfortable. I don't have time to weigh the pros and cons.

"F-fine I-I'll tell you, just get away from me." And finally he backs off. I breathe a sigh of relief; I've never been in that position with a guy before. And certainty not with a demon man, my feelings are very mixed about Kieran.

He leans his back against the wall on the opposite side of the room. Thank goodness even though it's still not enough space for my liking, but it's a start.

He folds his arms across his chest, and I can't help but notice how more developed his muscles are. I also notice their like two sizes bigger than what I thought Wills were.

That's strange maybe when Kieran takes over his body gets more developed or something.

Okay- okay I need to stop thinking about Will and Kieran's body.

"Well I'm waiting." My eyes snap to his face, and I feel the blood rush to my cheeks. Please say he didn't notice me practically checking him out, even if I wasn't really. At least that's what I'm going to say if anyone asks.

"Well um I- I just...."

"I've changed my mind." He's statement catches me off guard. What does he mean?

"You changed your mind about are deal? You can't do that, you just..." He holds up his hand signaling me to stop rambling.

"Not about are deal, about what I want to call you."

"What the heck are you talking about?"

A smirk appears on his face. "When I first met you the strong scent of peaches and roses overwhelmed me. So I called you my rose once, but now I change my mind. The way your cheeks flush makes them look like small peaches combine that with your scent and I'm now going to call you Peaches."

My whole face goes blank, and I don't think I have blinked since he said this.

"You want to call me peaches?"

"Yes, my peach?"

"What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not your anything, and I have a name its W-h-i-t-n-e-y, Whitney."

How does this guy do it, he brings out the worst in me. I really wish I had something to throw at him or hit him with.

He makes a disgruntle sound, nothing like before but I know he's a bit tick off by what I just said.

"I know your names Whitney, I'm not death. I just want to give you a nickname, one I can only call you."

"Um why? I don't like nicknames." I snap at him and refold my arms across me chest.

I really don't like nicknames I find them really annoying; plus having a name like Whitney the only real nickname you can get out of it is Whit. Which my friends try to use with me much to my annoyance, but it never stuck they went back to calling me just plain Whitney.

"I don't care, now stop avoiding the question, tell me about why you need Will to help you."

I wasn't really trying to avoid it he just caught me off guard with the whole nickname thing. Which by the way if he does start calling me that I'm going to come up with the most annoying nickname I can for him.

"Whitney!" He snaps me away from my thoughts; at least he didn't call me peaches.

"What!" I snap right back.

"Answer the question or are little deal is off."

Well, option 1.) I just give in and tell him. Or option 2.) He'll be all over me again; yeah I'm going with option 1.

"Uh, fine well what I am going to ask him is if he'll help me save Cara from being sold."

Silence, crickets, the quiet before the storm. He just looks down and says nothing. I look at him and I'm starting to get freaked out, what the hell is wrong with him?

I start playing with my fingers nervously, "Kieran?"

"Are you crazy or just stupid?" He says full of anger.

"I- what- what on earth do you mean? Of course I'm not crazy or stupid. Why would you say that?"

I am so offended right now. How dare he say that. He uncrosses his arms to run his fingers threw his hair.

"You're not stupid so you must be crazy." He stares me down as he says this. I hate it when he does that it makes me feel so strange.

"I'm not crazy what are you even talking about?"

"Do you want to get yourself killed?"

"I- I of course...

"Well you obviously do. Not only will you make Calder and his friends are enemies you will also have Lord Tempest and his servant on are tails. Is that you want to happen!?" His nostrils flare as he glares at me.

"What do you mean Lord Tempest will be on are tails?"

"Calder informed me earlier that if I failed to deliver his slave to Mathew his friend he would not only hunt us down but he would tell Lord Tempest where he can find his purchase. That is if Calder wouldn't capture you himself and hand you over on with a big bow wrapped around you."

"He said that to you?" I feel my mouth drop and knots begin to form in my stomach. Oh my gosh, that means Calder doesn't trust Will/Kieran worth anything. Crap that makes my plan a whole lot more difficult. This is a curve ball I never saw coming.

I need to sit down. After I do so Kieran does the same but instead of sitting on mine, he sits across from me on Will's, well I guess his. Ugh I can't deal with all this drama, this is insane. What am I going to do? What can I do?

"Yes he did and it was not an empty threat he will follow through. That's why there is nothing you can do about the slave girl, it is her fate to be sold. It's to dangers and that is that."

"What, who says that has to be her fate? And she has a name Cara, she is not just some slave, she's a person. A little girl who has done nothing to deserve this."

"I never said she deserves this but that is how it is. This world is far from fair. I think its brave and kind of you to want to help her but it's impossible."

I clench my fist and bite my tongue not wanting to lose my cool I need to stay calm.

"I can't do that, I already promised Gwen I would do whatever I could to help. I won't go back on my word."

"You shouldn't have promise something you could not follow through on. It just can't be done my Peach; I'm sorry if this makes you upset." He moves from the bed to sit next to me. Is it me or does Kieran have more mood swings than pregnant women.

I swallow the lump in my throat; I can't just give up without even trying. The idea of having Calder come after me or that Lord Tempest guy doesn't really scare me. I mean I've been scared throughout this whole time so this is becoming normal for me as sick as that sounds.

"My Peach look I -I'm sor...

"No that's not good enough, I made a promise and I'm not going to back out now. So I need you to let Will come back so he can help, now!"

Kieran's head flinches back at my outburst. But he recovers quickly and glares at me. I am pretty much fed up with him and his mood swings so I don't care how mad I make him, I want Will back and I want him back now.

"You think Will would really go along with your insane plan? We may have a lot of differences but I know his view on this would be the same as mine." He is trying to control his anger.

"Yes I do think he would help. And you haven't even heard my plan yet. How do you know if it will work or not?"

"It doesn't matter what your plan is because if we fail to deliver the slave we will be putting a huge target on our backs!"

"Well I don't care I'm going to help Cara with or without you or Will."

"Ha, really that's rich; you would be dead before you knew what happen."

My last nerve he is getting on my last nerve. "Well I guess we'll just find out than wont we because I will do this. I don't need your permission."

He lets out a frustrated sign, "Why are you doing this; risking your life for someone you don't know."

I look at him, and I can see he truly wants to understand. I look down for a moment trying to think of the right words. Maybe I can persuade him somehow to let me speak to Will.

"It doesn't matter that I don't know her. She needs help, it's not right for her to have to go through this not when I can- we can do something to help. It's just the right thing to do. I mean, do you have a little sister?"

"Because of the curse my mother never could conceive a girl, so no I don't"

Oops I forgot, he seems somewhat sad about it, maybe this will work.

"Right I forgot I'm sorry. But if you did have a little sister and someone was going to take her from you to be given away for god knows what. Wouldn't you want someone, anyone that had the chance to help to help her?" I give him a pleading look hoping he understands and we can work something out.

"I'm not sure how to answer that because I don't have one."

"Well just pretend you do or pretend it's someone you really care about. Or better yet put yourself in Gwen shoes she is about to lose her daughter and she will have no idea is she's safe, hurt, scared. She'll be worried sick about her day in and day out."

"You want me to image I have a daughter?" He gives me unrecognizable look.

"Well if that will help you understand than yes image she was your daughter. You would not want that kind of life for her would you?"

"Of course not I would kill anyone one and any creature that would dare threaten her." He growls out seeming truly angry and upset.

Maybe I am getting through to him; I have to keep this up.

"Exactly she is just an innocent little girl who needs someone to help her because her mother is powerless. And feeling powerless is an awful feeling to ever have."

I whisper out the last part knowing all too well what that feels like, it might not be in the same way Gwen is feeling, but either way it not a good feeling. I look down at my lap hoping I got through to his thick skull and maybe even his heart.

He lets out an aggravated sigh and runs his hand though his hair again. He and Will do that a lot, I wonder why? Nervous habit maybe?

"No."

No, he said no not yes no. That can't be right? I give him a look of disbelief.

"Wh- what do you mean no?"

"I sympathize with them being slaves, but there is too much at risk so I'm sorry but the answer is no."

"How, you-ar-are such a jerk! How can you say that! Ugh! What do I have to do or say to get you to help me? At the very least let me talk to Will so he can help me!"

By this time I'm standing and pacing the room throwing my arms in the air. I'm almost certain I look like an idiot but I've never had someone make me this upset.

The only real time I get into arguments is with my little sister but then we end forgiving each other and making up.

I don't know what it is about his guy, he just makes me so upset to the point I just lose it. And I have only know him less than 8 hours, it's unbelievable.

"Would you do anything to get me to help you?" I stop my pacing and pivot to face him. I glance at his eyes and there shining with an emotion I can't decipher.

"I- um- well yes, within reason of course. I mean I won't jump off a building or anything."

His face scrunches up, probably at the thought of me jumping off a building. I admit it was a terrible example but I couldn't think of anything else.

"Then let's make another deal. I'll help you if give me something for me in return. But I won't let Will out, at least not yet. Do we have a deal?"

There's something in his voice that I don't like, maybe this isn't such a good idea. Then again I wish it weren't true but I do needs his corporation, his help. Ugh, my options really suck.

"Okay we have a deal, but I need to know what it is you want before we shake on it or anything." I may want his help but I'm not stupid, I won't do anything.

An unsettling smirk spreads across his face. Oh boy that's not a good sign.

"Don't looks so worried Peaches, It's nothing bad."

I glare at him at the use of the name Peaches, like seriously that is so not okay.

"Don't call me that, and hurry up and tell me what you want. We'll be docking soon wont we?"

"Your right, so come here."

I take a step back, "Why?"

His smile widens, "for your part of the deal." He gives that "duh" expression again.

"No, just tell me what you want." His shoulder slack and he lets out an annoyed sigh.

"Fine, I'll come to you." He quickly and precisely makes his way to me and wraps an arm around my waist and lays his hand on my cheek.

I instantly flinch away but he holds me still. "What the heck are you doing? Kieran let go!"

"No", he ducks his head a little so his lips are right next to my left ear. "What I want from you...... is .......... a............ kiss." His breathing breaks up the words.

I think my heart skipped a beat, he wants a kiss? I immediately snap out of my moment of shock and try to take away from him.

"Are you crazy, I'm not going to kiss you!" His hold on me gets tighter to the point it kind of hurts but not too bad.

"Well that's what I want. If you don't want to do it than fine, but you won't get my help. All I want is one little kiss and that's it."

"Oh yeah that's it, this isn't fair. I-I ca-cant kiss you."

"Sure you can it's not hard and I think it's very fair. I'm risking my life to help you and all you have to do is give me a kiss."

Okay even if he is a little right key word being little, I can't give him my first kiss. I want it to be with someone I really care about not someone that gets on nerves.

"Look Peaches, I promise if you do this than I will make sure the slave girl is safe."

"Her name's Cara, not slave girl."

"That's what I meant Cara, I won't fail you. I always keep my promises, so do we have a deal?"

The eagerness in his voice is a real turn off. I don't know what to do, as usual. Okay I need to think but I'm having a hard time with him touching me and invading my personal space.

To kiss or not to kiss that is the question. I'm trying to think this through, weigh the options like I usually do but I'm coming up with nothing. I think my brain is just fried and wants to shut down.

"I- uh- um, I don't.... I don't know." I look down at the bed sheets and wonder what there made of really not wanting to look at him.

"Peaches'." I snap my head to look at him. Well more like glare at him. "Don't call me that." I practically growl at him but I have a suspicious feeling it's not going to get him to stop.

He moves his hand to run it through my hair and I must admit it makes this tingling sensation that I absolutely love. It's sort of like when my grandma would brush my hair before bed time and it was truly relaxing.

I look at Kieran and he's staring off into space. Even though in reality he's staring at his hand moving through my hair. He must be thinking very deeply about something.

As much as I like the fact he's finally quiet this isn't getting us anywhere, and I'm not sure but I think at least an hour and half has passed since I talked to Gwen; which means there only half an hour left till we dock.

"Kieran," I say gentle only because I'm out of energy to keep yelling and fighting with him."

"Hmm, oh sorry....... As much as I hate to say and do this, I'll let Will out after I help you and after I get my kiss."

The amused tone in his voice doesn't escape me one bit. He's such a, such a perv, but he said he would let Will out, so that's good. It does sweeten the deal but is that enough, I don't know.

I would be giving him my first real kiss, he is definitely not the type of guy I picture sharing my first kiss with. If I'm honest he is much more attractive and alluring than any guy I did picture. If it was any other girl they would screaming and leaping for joy, so why aren't I?

Uh, it's just a kiss one little peck because there is no way I'm frenching him. Just a kiss that's all, it's not the end of the world, and Cara will be saved that's much more important than my first kiss. Uhg, I guess I've decided I'll kiss the demon.

"Well?" He presses.

"Fine." I mumble. "What was that, I couldn't understand you?" he says with so much humor it could kill a clown or something.

I clear the lump in my throat. "I said fine I'll kiss you, but I want your word that you'll keep your promise."

He doesn't smile or even smirk but his eyes become this light crystal blue which is actually breath taking.

"I already swore to you but I promise on my heritage that I will help the sla... I mean Cara."

"And....." I trail off. "And I will let Will out. Okay so we have a deal, let's seal it with a kiss."

Well isn't he an eager beaver. Part of me feels embarrassed and nervous about this, but than the other part of me is sort of flattered that this attractive guy wants to kiss me. It's a whirlwind of confusing emotion at the moment some of which I don't know if I'll understand or work out.

"Close your eyes I'll do all the work." I hear Kieran whisper as he softly runs his fingertips over my eyelids closing them. I can't help but to tense up, I know Kieran notices for the hand that is wrapped about my waist starts rubbing and massaging my back. It doesn't sooth me as much as it distracts me.

I squeeze my eyes tightly and set my jaw. I sense Kieran's hand hovering over my face till it eventually lands gracefully on my cheek. He cups it and part of my chin, he doesn't bring me closer to him but he comes closer to me. I can do this, just let him kiss you, a few seconds and then it's over.

His thumb strokes my chin, "relax Peaches, its okay."

"Easy for you to say," I murmur out. I hear him give a light chuckle. "Ready?"

I just nod my head in response. At first I don't think he's going to do anything but then I feel his warm breath release against my lips, he's close, very close. I hold my breath when I feel his soft surprising smooth lips kiss mine. It's so light and innocent almost. My mind goes blank and all I can do is focus on the feeling. He presses harder but not much just enough so his lips fully cover mine. I've never felt this, this sensation before its so-so hard to explain.

I let a few seconds go by and I try to pull away, key word being tried. Kieran grabs both of my cheeks with his hands and pulls me even closer which is almost impossible. I make a whining noise in protest. I grab both his wrist trying to pry him off, then I feel something wet slick and slimly run across my bottom lip. I flinch back so fast and hard that I get free from him. I step away from him and cover my mouth in disgust that- that ass*ole.

"Kieran you-you sick perv how dare you!" I almost shriek at him.

I look at him and he's just standing there with his eyes still closed and he's slightly hunched over because of are height difference. He looks frozen in time.

"Kieran!" He finally come back to reality and lets out a huge breath that I had no idea he was holding. He his head to look at me, and me see that is eyes are wide open and one iris is an indigo color and other is a vivid sapphire. I wonder why his eye colors change so often, what do they mean.

"Kieran." I whisper unsure if he's okay or not. He just stares at me with a creepy soft smile on his face. This silence is really starting to freak me out; I don't think he's ever been this quiet before.

"Okay you got your kiss, now I need to go over the plan Gwen and I came up with."

He blinks his eyes a couple times and snaps back to normal. "Right, but talk quick we'll be docking in a few minutes."

"Okay." There seems to be something kind of off about him, but I don't have time to worry about him.

So I go over everything about the plan with him but the whole time he just nods his head seeming out of it. I guess it's just another one of his moods swings; this is just one of many of his different personalities.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Now finally were off that god forsaken ship and traveling through this "slave trading village" known as Doar. And much to my relief and delight I was reunited with Dustin, and now I as well as Cara are riding on him with Kieran leading him by the rains.

Thankfully its twilight and quickly becoming night time, so there, really isn't that many people out an about. The village is very different from what I pictured. In my mind a saw; a poor, run down, old, dilapidated village with slaves wearing potatoes sacks being dragged around by their evil abusive owners.

But I see none of that. The buildings are a magnificent sight by themselves. They have a colonial style shape and are built close together. The magnificent part is instead of wood or brick they seemed to be made of fish scales and not just one type.

I've never seen so many different shades of; blue, red, green and my favorite color purple. When the light hits them it creates a rainbow affect, and I bet that happens when they get wet also. Even Cara who seems too weary of Kieran to talk smiled and seemed just as amazed as I.

I really wanted to go up to a wall to touch and feel them. I expressed this to Kieran but he waved me off seeming annoyed by my childish behavior. I just simply stuck my tongue out at him which of course he sensed or saw and gave a stern but still very nasty look.

He's been acting completely weird since we kissed, and before we left him and Calder had a brief conversation which I tried to overhear but no such luck; after they spoke he's been acting like he has a chip on his shoulder. I plan on asking him what's wrong when were alone.

If I wasn't on a mission to help Cara, I would really like to wander around this village and see more. The streets are paved with round stones but they look like river rocks which I bet they are. And instead of trees planted about there are this huge pieces of coral growing to the sky looking more like art pieces than a living organisms.

As I said before there isn't very many people around, so I guess this place doesn't have much of a night life, which is good thing for us. I tried and make small talk with Cara but she looks like she's off in her own little world. She doesn't seem scared just more worried, and I can't blame her this is a lot for a little girl to have to go though. She may never see her mother again and she's going to be living with strangers, I wish there is more I could do for her.

Cara had given me a map that her mother Gwen drew, which is actually very good sketching with little notes off to the side to help us find her friend Mora. Gwen didn't see Cara and me off but it must have been very painful, and I assume they said their good byes in private. I was a little disappointed to not being to say good bye to her one last time but I understand.

When we left the boat Calder and few of his men saw us off and I didn't miss, that Don was nowhere to be found. I ask Kieran what happen to him, if Calder killed him. He got very upset and preceded to tell me not to waste another thought or breath about that disgusting human. Which I guess he's right but I still don't want him dead because of me. I wanted to pry the answer out of him, but with Cara right there I remember she had a horrible experience with him also so I dropped it.

Kieran is leading us in the direction of an inn we will be staying at for the night. This was a change in plans, because I guess Calder wanted us to deliver Cara to her new master as soon as possible, but he lives a few miles outside the village so he generously gave Kieran money to stay at an inn for the night. Calder just wants Cara well rested and presentable for tomorrow.

(I'm honestly considering changing the whole never hating anyone rule; because he really, really infuriates me.)

We've been traveling in silence for at least 20 minutes now. I see an alleyway coming up ahead, just when I think we're going to turn and avoid it Kieran picks up his pace and leads us straight into it.

"Kieran." I look down at him hoping he won't bite my head off.

"What?" He grumbles without looking at me.

"How much longer till we get there?" I'm trying to use a calm soothing voice, wouldn't want to upset the big baby. Note the sarcasm

"We're here." He states like I'm an idiot. I'm confused at first till I look up in front of me and see a quaint little cabin? That is so weird, it is very out of place compared to the rest of the village; but maybe it's just an original building; older than the others.

Kieran leads Dustin and us over to a small stable that is in the back of the inn. It's very dark so I can't make out much of our surroundings. I look up at the sky expecting to millions of stars like before but there isn't any, not a one. I wonder why?

I'm jolted from my thoughts when Kieran tugs not so gently on my leg. I glare at him ready to rip him a new one. He just holds out his arms signaling for me to hand him Cara. I gently grab her from underneath her armpits and hand her off.

I start swinging my right leg around to my left side in an attempt to get down. But again lady luck comes into play, and my foot slips from the stirrup and I fall backwards. To my surprise and dismay Kieran comes to the rescue by wrapping his arms around my waist and then holding me against him. I'm surprised because he moved very quickly but then I remember he's a demon.

And to my dismay because he has one of his arms wrapped around my chest which makes me incredible uncomfortable. He chuckles at my clumsiness and my embarrassment.

Jerk.

"I'm glad you find me amusing, now put me down." I command.

He just laughs some more but does put me down to tie Dustin up. I go to stand next to Cara, "how are you doing?" I ask her.

She looks up at me with the big eyes and she tugs on one of her braids her mother did.

"Fine." Is all she says? "You're not tired or anything?"

"A little, yes."

"Well now we get to rest for the night." She just nods her head in response. I frown a little, I'm worried about her.

"Let's go." Kieran announces. I look down at Cara, "we better hurry and say goodnight to Dustin." She shakes her head quickly and takes off to hug him. I laugh and go over to pet him.

"Goodnight Mr. Dustin." Cara whispers. I stroke him and say my goodbyes, any longer and Kieran might lose it.

I notice how humid and hot it is and I feel the days exhaustion wear on me. My whole body, mind, and soul is ready for rest.

I tell Cara to take my hand and I follow Kieran around to the front entrance. He doesn't knock or anything just enters. I'm so drowsy and drained that I don't pay much attention to the inside of the inn. Kieran tells me and Cara to wait here, I lean my back on the wall entrance. I close my eye, just to rest them, I'm not going to fall asleep.

I blink a few times trying to clear the tiredness out of them when I notice a clock against the wall. I look a little closer and realize it actually looks more like a sun dial and it's directly across from a hexagon shaped window. I see that there is a shadow up at the top meaning its midnight. There is no sun so who there is there a shadow?

Wait how in the world is it telling time without the sun? But then I realize duh, the moonlight is shining through the window acting like the sun.

Wow its midnight already that's insane it does and doesn't seem like it's been that long since we left the ship, but since I don't know what time we left it could very well be the correct time.

I look at Cara and see she looks completely fine no sign of being tired at all. I reclose my eyes thinking about nothing but laying down on a soft bed and relaxing.

Then without warning someone pulls me from the wall and sweeps me up into their arms bridal style.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know its Kieran. Now normally if I had any energy left I would complain and tell him off, but I don't have the energy and I don't think I could of made it up the stairs that were now going up. I look over his arm and see Cara a few paces behind, she doesn't look at me just stares at the ground. Poor thing.

We stop in front of a normal wooden door, Kieran shifts me so he can open the door. Once he does he moves us so Cara may enter first, well that was thoughtful, strange.

We make are way in and the room is very simple and cozy. It's somewhat narrow and forms a L shape. They're two twin size beds with simple white cotton linens and their separated by a small night stand with an oil lamp on top.

Then directly across is a small emerald green couch and adjacent to that is a medium sized pine wardrobe. Then there's a little hallway and another door which has to a bathroom or maybe a closet.

Kieran carefully lays me down on one bed, but I propped myself up and look to see Cara standing next to the window which is by the wardrobe. I get up and go to her.

"Let's get you ready for bed, okay." She lets out a little yawn which then makes do the same. I guess she was more tired than she looked. I have her sit down on the bed she'll be using and I undo her braids, I gently run my fingers through her hair trying to get some of the knots out.

She was given a change of clothes for tomorrow but nothing to sleep in and neither was I.

I help her get her shoes off and I move the blanket and sheets back so she can climb in. She crawls in and I tuck her in and make sure she's comfortable. She just looks at me and I can't help but compare her to my own little sister.

"Are you okay Cara, do you need anything?"

She shakes her head no. "You have done enough Miss Whitney, thank you."

The way she talks makes me smile, "Okay than goodnight, I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay, goodnight Miss Whitney." She yawns out. I watch her turn on her side and close her eyes. I let out a tired sigh and turn to head to my bed. When I turn I see Kieran sitting on the couch just staring at me. I give him an accusing look, "how long were you staring?" I whisper not wanting to wake Cara.

"The whole time, you're really good with her." He doesn't whisper but his voice is very soft. I also notice he has taken off his jacket and boots.

"Yeah well I have a little sister back home, and Cara is much easier to deal with."

I smile at the thought of me and Lily constantly fighting over the littlest of things. I never thought I could smile about that. It's funny how much I miss fighting with her now that I'm far away from not only her but my mom and dad also. I shake my head I can't get into these sad thoughts right before bed.

I cover a yawn that escapes me and I head over to bed. Before I can flop down and pass out on it Kieran moves the covers back for me. I just give him a weird look but I'm too tired to protest his kindness. I crawl in and Kieran does the same, wait what?

"What are you doing?" I sit up ready to push him out of the bed.

"Going to sleep, what are you doing?" He says it like he's doing nothing wrong.

"We are not sleeping in the same bed. Cara is right there, what is wrong with you?" I whisper yell at him.

"I wasn't planning on doing anything other than sleeping so get your mind out of the gutter."

"Fine I'll just sleep on the couch then." I get one foot on the floor before Kieran leans over and wraps both his arms around me. He leans back so we both now lying on our sides with my back pressed up against his chest. His arms feel like binding, steel ropes wrapped around me. I try ripping them off me and wiggling around but with my lack of energy and his strength I'm fighting a losing battle. I'll just have to try to talk my way out of this.

"Kieran stop let me go!" I'm no longer whispering but I'm not shouting either; it's somewhere in the middle.

"No now be quiet and stop moving, you'll wake the girl."

"I wouldn't be doing any of this if you would just let me go."

"No, now go to sleep." He sounds like a teacher telling his students to stop talking.

"I can't go to sleep like this its uncomfortable."

"Just relax okay. I'm not going to do anything." He whispers soothingly and lets one of his arms unwrap from me to begin stroking my hair. Which since I'm already sleepy feels really amazing but I would never admit that to him of course.

His other arm moves from around my stomach and to my waist line which is a relief because it was really uncomfortable with his arm wrapped around my chubby belly.

I finally just give up it's not worth the energy but I do have one last question.

"Kieran." I whisper softly.

"Hm."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"Holding me."

"I want to cherish the moment."

"The moment?" What does he mean?

"Yeah, while it last."

"While what last?"

I get no answer back, and from the lack of him stroking my hair and his breathing deepening it's a good guess he fell asleep. I follow soon after hoping everything works out tomorrow.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

HIS QUEEN Bởi SHADOW

Viễn tưởng

1.9M 96.5K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
28.4K 960 34
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...
27K 972 53
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...