FaultLine: A Call Of Duty Zom...

By nightowlfly

I was an average teenager with an average life. And never in my life had I imagined getting stuck in a video... More

FaultLine: A Call Of Duty Black Ops Zombies Fanfiction
I
II
III
IV
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN

FIVE

348 7 8
By nightowlfly

I wanted to create an adventure plus a science fiction story. It is so because I'd never tried any adventure genre story, but since I wanted it to be a science fiction too; well, I added both of the ingredients, I tried to keep the ratio as fifty percent science fiction, forty percent adventure and ten percent horror.

This chapter would contain hints of what's actually happening, because, just putting a character from a one world into another wouldn't just 'click'...

~0~

"Give her stuff, I'll be outside. Takeo, you're with me." Tank gestured his hands at me and left.

'What stuff?'

Takeo, after giving the doctor one last knowing glance, left; leaving me alone.

As I had come upon the conclusion, that the 'doctor' is Dr. Edward Richtofen, other three characters being from the original crew. Honestly, just because I had received a gift from a good friend was one of the important facts that propelled my want to play this game, other being the game's pure awesomeness. I never put my attention into the characters much; yes, I do read the plot and the background to at least be familiar with the game...

It appears, that they are actually quite different...

I coughed and immediately regretted it as the doctor's dull green eyes looked at me.

'I never liked this character much; I presumed that he was the antagonist. Wait—

These versions were the character's younger counter parts and though this character appeared different from its older self, I am aware what he would become.

—He- maybe –is already the antagonist.'

'God...What is happening?'

I exhaled.

'I hope my glasses are still in one piece or something or somewhere.' I wished silently, as, without my glasses I was sure to get a headache...

He rubbed his temples tiredly and returned to his study. I on the other side stood idle; I observed my environment one by one. Taking in each factor one at a time, I drew out relations on how the room looked; it was a medium sized room, off-white colored walls, taped on them were a collection of blue and white posters with clean, small, vertical and angular handwritings with couple of informative diagrams. The diagrams were pasted beside the posters containing only writings; I think that he was working on something. There was a lengthy steel counter with a wooden cupboard just beside it, the open shelves of the cupboard held seven glass bottles, each of them marked with pieces of paper which had clean words designating the contents of the bottles. After observing the nomenclature of the bottles and arrangement of some bulky books in the open desk of the cupboard, through the corner of my eyes, I noticed the steel counter; it had dried, maroon spots embellishing it at certain points.

Glancing back at him, I wondered, how could the spots on the counter still be there? Considering the assumed fact that he was fond of cleanliness...'

I again glanced at the counter; the maroon spots were opaque and pretty big...

'That's it.'

My jaw tightened as I realized while staring at the counter. I think that he tried to remove them but accidently left some.

'They are recent, the spots...'

'That means that someone was here, was it me?'

'No, can't be, probabilities are slim.' I would've known, besides since the time I've been here, I remember and sense the openness of the hall; the place with the cot. The basics like the sound of rain, the dampness of soil and smell of wood...

Still staring at the cot, I realized how frosty the room was—

Unacquainted, I was startled when my gazed found the doctor staring at me. A very unreadable expression- presumably bored –stared back at me. The silence plus the expressionless air was soon increasing the variables, the only constants being that of 'awkward'. I shifted to find a seat—

A chair, probably taking toll and making fun of the unlucky situation, bumped behind my leg—

"Oh." I squeaked. "My stuff?"

—when was that here?!' I sat and made myself comfortable.

The doctor silently opened a drawer of his study; it was a dark brown study with one cabinet and an open shelf, with a hanging lamp from the above, the lamp was hooked to the wooden ceiling. I noticed that he was writing something as several papers and old books lay open on the mantelpiece. The distinct sound of steel rang as he shuffled through his drawer and fished out my blackish glasses, headphones and—

'— my cell phone?' I realized that my interest slowly turned into astonishment. He handed them to me while quietly staring at the phone. I thanked him and quickly took them, more than happily wearing my glasses.

'Heeey! I can see!' 'Well, now, that I can actually get the details...' I noticed that they were clean; the lenses of my glasses. "Thanks, for cleaning my glasses." I said and scratched my head and cursed mentally how messy and rough it had become.

I smiled. Quickly checking my phone next; the black back cover was slightly scratched but the screen was clean. To my surprise, it still had some charge left!

"Eeesh!" I found myself screech, involuntarily; a quick needle-prick pain rippled in my head. I quickly chucked the phone and the headphones in my pocket and stood; ready to leave. He was back at work but, just as I put the chair carefully back in its place I heard him mumble something.

"Be careful, zhe cut is still raw."

'...'

'Eh?'

I looked at him, confused. With his right hand he gestured at the back of his head—

"A gash formed due to a hard contact with somezhing sharp." He kept looking as if waiting, as if I already know something. I automatically touched the back of my head—wincing.

Indeed, there was cushioning done by a flat patch of bandage. The patch was meticulously secured by thin strips of cloth that wrapped around my forehead. The strips were thin and because of which, I believe it was difficult to put; nevertheless it was done, because of which it felt as if nothing of such sort was present there, plus the hair in front of my huge forehead covered it.

'Wait.' 'W-was I scratched by a zombie?'

"W-was I scratched by a zombie?!" Gripping the wound slightly, I questioned him. I noticed that he froze and by his action appeared that he was calculating the odds of my past endeavors.

He just stared at me, probably thinking whether to comment on my idiocy or not, I mean, the whole place was infested by zombies.

"Yes." "It was due to an assault by a reanimated corpse." He simply put it.

I felt a nerve being strained. I chose not to wince at it. He explained—

"Zhe infection is minimized. I had zhe contaminated tissue removed."

I gulped.

'But, I-I didn't feel anything...'

My face must've changed colors like a weird insect as he stood and gestured at the door, already irritated. "I suggest you get ready." His monotonous voice indicated me to go, his expression leaving no room for a reply; clean-cut, spiky short haircut, stiff sharp eyebrows, dull green eyes and lip etched into a faint frown accompanied by a pencil moustache.

I nodded and opened the door and exited.

Soon I tried whatever that came into my mind, my mind allowed me to do some things but with least potential.

'I am scared, I know!' 'But,...' I realized by the corner of my eyes that I was not fine; my hands trembled, I saw stars in front of my eyes, my teeth felt sour and tasted metallic. It was just plane logic; such circumstances would leave side-effects. The doctor doesn't know about that.

'Well, better to keep it that way.' The more I stay here, the illogical I felt.

'I'm overreacting.'

I snickered. 'All I need to do is stay alive and just figure out what's happening.'

'Then just get out of this place.'

I had chosen a pair of medium weighing blades with leather handles. I had no knowledge of its origins; its name or what it was special for, but knew that it could cut. Nobody talked to each other, Tank was separately working and I, after getting a few instructions found a place where spare clothing was kept. After a quick inspection, I found a coffee-brown baggy jacket of some thick material, I folded its sleeves and kept it open; otherwise the close jacket would repeated hinder my field of vision while running due to the size.

I had my shoelaces tied twice and the ends stuffed in the tall rims of the shoes. I combed my hair with my fingers and thanked the god as I did not felt the need to attend a washroom. Now, that is a temporary relief...

I exhaled, finding that exhaling repeatedly was actually becoming a habit. I closed my eyes shut and opened to look at the blades; I accepted that I couldn't apply the firearms into proper use as I had absolutely no idea of such. Instead I was given the melee weapons, I was satisfied with that, for now...

'Just stay away from heavily populated areas, follow their track, hide, and keep calm...'

'Let them do whatever they want...'

As I sat on a wooden cot and stared at nothing, I thought...

'How is this possible?'

It would be simply stupid, just to even to believe to get stuck in a video game. No. Ok, I am slapping myself in my head for even thinking of it being true in this way, I mean, I could've thought about it when I came here; I was not in my correct mind. I think that I am in a correct state of mind, for now, to actually try toggle and use facts and observed elements to come upon a legitimate conclusion...

First, a human, a solid form of matter cannot just dissolve into a computer program. Not just directly, for the sake of argument, even if I had to, then it would be necessary to be done in form of signals or circuits. Now, that's not possible. Because changing matter into signals was totally a different thing; it would require energy.

A lot of energy. And I, on the other hand would crumble down into sub-atomic particles and well, die. Then there is the theory of electricity, plane-spot impossible, the former said and explained it was not possible. Electrons, how could I change form into basic particles; electrons, and then re-spawn?!

Third, how, in the first pl—

'Shit'

'DamnDamnDamn.'

'What happened that time?!' 'I was with Michael and there was a stab in the stomach and—

'Wait.'

'Michael.'

'WaitWaitWait.'

'Lily!'

'God! She's all alone!' 'And with she being alone, what if he gets to her too?!'

'No no no...' 'She's smart, she'll get that something's fishy, she'll know something's wrong.'

'She won't go to him...' 'I know, my little sister is smart, I can count on her.'

'NoNoNo!' 'How could this happen!?' I gripped my head, I couldn't close my eyes.

'God.' 'How can I be so stupid?'

My eyes hurt, my head hurt. My ears became numb, I perspired.

'M-my head, there had been this bleeping sound, high pitch; the liquid inside in the inner ear created quick impulses being over-active due to high blood pressure, building up an unnecessary headache.'

I looked around in a hurry, felt that I was sweating; I checked whether anybody noticed any strange behavior caused by me. I smeared the sweat away and quickly left.

I walked around the corridors as everyone was busy finishing there last tasks; while trying not to cause any more trouble and minimizing the tension by minding my own business, I tried to walk-out the nervousness. I tried to draw a mental map of the whole place; the rooms with bunk beds, the corridors, the halls, the exits, the store room; everything.

As I did the respective, I coughed against my will, the left part of my rib-cage throbbing with pain. I quickly found an empty place and sat down. My breathe was getting caught up in the middle, I-I—

Coughing vehemently, saliva—

—Pink saliva?' The brown concrete floor did well in camouflaging the blood—

"Everyone! Get into work!" There was a strong eruption of sounds, a door being opened and air and rain plummeting inside and people marching to the outside.

It was Tank. And everyone else, they are getting ready for the zombies.

I froze.

I looked right and then left and stood and went straight to the hall. The disturbingly familiar howl of zombies ripping my attention away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 45.7K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
960K 31.9K 59
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
485K 10.7K 56
Reneรฉ Rapp X Reader Imagines Regina George x Reader GxG Reneรฉ is taller and older then reader unless requested
780K 30.8K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...