The Hunter's Queen (ICS Book...

De winterstarfire

Vincent Shaw is defeated, half-dead, and broken in more ways than one. A powerful werewolf now in exile Vince... Mai multe

Author's Note
Encyclopedia of the Supernatural
Prologue
Chapter One - The Hunter's Savior
Chapter Two - The Alchemist Saves The Wolf
Chapter Three - The Hunter Awakens
Chapter Four - Nicholas Storm
Chapter Five - Sleeping Arrangements
Chapter Six - Pleasure at the Hunter's Command
Chapter Seven - The Wolf Feels Regret
Chapter Eight - Temper's Flare
Chapter Ten - Giving in to Temptation
Chapter Eleven - Taking the Pleasure
Chapter Twelve - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirteen - Nicholas Tracks Down a Witch
Chapter Fourteen - The Wolf and the Alchemist Converse
Chapter Fifteen - How to Pleasure a Wolf
Chapter Sixteen - The Hunter Meets His Past
Chapter Seventeen - The Wolf Wakes
Chapter Eighteen - Nicholas and Betrayal
Chapter Nineteen - The Hunter's Mistake
Chapter Twenty - The Past Burns
Chapter Twenty-One - Sleeping With a Wolf
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Alchemist's Pleasure
Chapter Twenty-Three - Evelyn the Wolf Rider
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Hunter's Claim
Chapter Twenty-Five - Nicholas Reaches the Edge
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Best Day Ever
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Hunter's a Big Tease
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Nicholas Finally Gets His Way
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Her New Best Day Ever
Chapter Thirty - His Worst Day Ever
Chapter Thirty-One - Evelyn the Meek is Dead
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Demon Kings Revenge
Chapter Thirty-Three - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Pack
Chapter Thirty-Five - Submission
Chapter Thirty-Six - Nicholas the Death Bringer
Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Revelation
Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Ascended
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Face of True Madness
Chapter Forty - Redemption
Chapter Forty-One - A King Among Wolves
Chapter Forty-Two - The Hunter's Queen - End
The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Book Three Excerpt
Bonus Chapter - A Very Wolfy Christmas

Chapter Nine - Fighting the Pull

103K 4K 445
De winterstarfire

Fighting the Pull

Vincent trudged behind Evelyn, watching her short frame fight through the deep snow. He sighed, reaching out and catching the girl as she nearly tumbled over yet again. Righting her Vincent brushed the snow that had gathered off her coat, before turning her around and gently pushing her onward.

She mumbled something under her breath that sounded like, "Get a grip, Eve."

Despite the bitter cold and his foul mood Vincent smirked. He couldn't deny he enjoyed his effect on her.

Eve stopped for a moment, glancing around. He came up behind her, waiting for the girl to gather her bearings. Having no idea of the layout he was relying on Evelyn to guide the way.

"Problem?" he asked.

"Nope!" she said with far too much enthusiasm. "This way!"

He scowled but followed. Evelyn immediately veered to the left. He bit back a curse.

As they passed over a small stream his skin pricked, an uneasy feeling running up his spine. The further they walked the stronger his sense of unease. The shear immensity of the wards power set Vincent on edge, the closer they grew to the barrier the stronger it became. Not surprising, considering the being that had placed them was a mystic. There was a reason they were considered one of the most powerful beings in all the realms.

Still, it didn't calm his fears that at any moment Gabriel's army could emerge from the woods, or the Demon King himself. Wards could be circumvented; Vincent had done so many times while on the hunt. If one were inclined enough they would find a way in, no matter how powerful the spell.

Eve stumbled again, catching herself on a branch. Watching her struggle he almost felt pity that such a feeble girl could be related to such a powerful creature.

His wolf growled at him disapprovingly.

Vincent knew it was wrong of him to think such thoughts. The girl was just so damn delicate. Each day he spent with Eve he grew more and more protective of her. The urge to care for her was becoming second nature, and it was slowly driving him mad. He needed her near him constantly - his wolf demanded it - and each passing day it grew stronger. Soon his wolf would not be denied, and this concerned him.

His mind immediately conjured a word, one Vincent refused to acknowledge. He couldn't afford any more mistakes or distractions. Evelyn would never advance his endgame. What could the girl offer him other than her body?

That body...Curvy, soft, perfection.

Never in his life had he wanted to fuck a female so damn hard.

For days this woman had tortured him with her bashful expressions and curious glances. She left him shaking with desire, sending him storming outside to let the cold air cool his throbbing cock. More than once he'd jerked himself off right there in the fucking snow, his free hand clawing at the nearest tree.

The most frustrating of all was the fact that Evelyn had absolutely no idea of her effect on him. It made him want to punish her and take her all at once.

Shaking his head Vincent forced his eyes away from her. Even that small action proved difficult. After only a moment his gaze circled right back to Eve's sweet ass, as if drawn by an invisible force.

Damn it.

Standing straighter, he crossed his arms, attempting to conserve some body heat and take his mind off the girl. If he'd been at full strength this terrain would have been child's play. His wolf would have already been halfway across the fucking Yukon by now.

How the hell did Evelyn live out here? She had no teleportation amulet, she damn well wasn't trekking to the boundary on her own. She obviously obtained supplies and ingredients for her potions. The only logical answer was Levina. Eve's whole life was completely dependent on her aunt.

As a werewolf he found the thought of such a lifestyle unthinkable. Wolves coveted the wild and their freedom. Being cooped up in that tiny cottage for just a couple days was enough to drive him crazy. If he didn't have the strength to turn at the next full moon he might just really slip over the edge.

At the last full moon he very nearly did lose his mind completely, the first since he'd bonded fully with his wolf that he could not turn. He never wanted to experience that again.

The wind picked up, blowing his hair across his eyes.

Arg! This was taking too damn long. He fought to keep his teeth from chattering out of his skull. The air was blisteringly cold, biting at his exposed skin. When Evelyn tripped once more he lost his patience. Barking out a string of curses he scooped her up in his arms.

Eve protested, kicking her legs. "Vincent!"

"Evelyn, I am going to freeze before we reach the damn boundary."

She stilled immediately. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Just tell me where to go."

"Uh..." she paused before pointing a finger, "that way..."

"You don't sound sure." For the love of Christ, don't tell me the girl is lost.

"Pretty sure."

His jaw ticked. "Pretty sure?"

"Very sure." She nodded confidently, peeking up at him.

You have got to be fucking kidding! Her glasses were covered in snow. Vincent doubted she could see an inch in front of her. No wonder the damn woman kept falling over!

He should have been pissed. Instead he felt a sharp stab of affection. How the hell could one woman be so damn adorable? In all his centuries he'd never encountered anything like her.

"You can't even see can you?" he asked deadpan, already knowing the answer.

"Umm..." She bit her lip.

"You're killing me," he grated.

"Sorry."

"Stop apologizing."

"Okay."

Picking up speed he ate up the distance, keeping Eve close to his chest. It wasn't long before he felt them pass through the wards. An immediate sense of relief washed over him as the stifling power lifted.

Memorizing the terrain he held Eve to him with his good arm. He could have put her down but he wasn't ready to let her go just yet, and that was just fucking stupid. Wrapping his other hand around his amulet he almost teleported them, than stopped himself.

What if Evelyn didn't approve of his home?

"Vincent?" she asked worriedly.

Swallowing hard he glanced down at her. Eve was squinting up at him, wiping at her glasses in order to see him better.

His chest constricted. Clearing his throat he asked, "Are you ready?"

"Yea, if you are?"

"Aye." Clearing his mind he conjured an image of where he wished to go. In a blink they were no longer in the freezing snow, but in a dark fog laden forest. The air was still chill, and there was a light dusting of snow on the ground, but not nearly the bitter cold they'd left behind. Off in the distance he could hear the familiar crash of ocean waves hitting the cliff side.

"Where are we?" Evelyn whispered.

"Wales."

Vincent sniffed the air, making sure the way was clear. As a precaution he'd teleported them a slight distance from the compound. He'd brought few here before, using other locations for his more seedier endeavors, and Hearthshire was well hidden with protection spells, but he couldn't take any chances with Evelyn.

Easing her to the ground he took off his amulet, slipping it over her neck. "You know how to use this?"

She nodded.

"Good. I'm going to check around. Stay here. If shit goes down I want you to leave, understand?" his tone broached no argument but he could see the doubt in her eyes. "Evelyn, I mean it."

"Okay," she whispered.

Leaning down he gave her a hard kiss. He'd meant it to end briefly, a reassurance, nothing more. With one little taste of her sweetness he lost it. Vincent pinned her against a tree, Eve's full ass filling his hands. He rocked his hips between her thighs, releasing a frustrated groan as her coat prevented him from pressing against her fully. Evelyn was making those sweet needy sounds in her throat, tugging hard on his hair.

God damn, this woman drove him right to the edge!

Breaking off he rested his head against her neck, dragging his fangs over her soft skin as he fought for control. She shuddered, moaning lightly.

"Killing me," he grumbled, more to himself than to her.

"Sorry."

"Stop apologizing!"

AN: This book has a slow build as far as the dirty bits, but it will be worth it, I promise. At some point Vincent's wolf is going to...wake up... *wink wink*

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

388K 12.4K 35
Meet innocent Grace, a 19 year old genius who is now a doctor with the help of Mason, her mate. She is human and he is not, but she does not know it...
10.1K 471 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
6K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...
392K 13K 30
She's efficient, loyal and frank. This isn't surprising considering for someone with her ugly past. She was born and grew up in a small family in a b...