The Player Vs. The Player

Από BipolarAtTimes

"I loath you," I said, glaring at him. "I love you too, " he smirked. "Leave her alone. She dosen't want y... Περισσότερα

Meet Miss Player
Karma's a Bitch
Horrible Distractions
A Different Side of the Player
Hangovers Always Suck
Careful What You Wish For

Sneaking Isn't My Forte

4.8K 112 10
Από BipolarAtTimes

Sneaking Isn’t My Forte  

I wasn’t excited for school today and I have couple of reasons why:

1.)    I have detention today.

2.)    I have detention today with Cal.

3.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him.

4.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him bother Layla.

5.)    I have detention today with Cal and I am not looking forward to see him bother Layla and ask me ridiculous questions.

Five reasons are kind of too much, but I have plenty more. I’m not really a morning person, so I will get pissed easily. I angrily opened my locker with a livid look displayed in my face. It isn’t pretty. I threw the books I don’t need in my locker and sighed to myself. 

I should’ve ditched today.

"Hey, Brooke," Layla said when she reached to my locker.

I took my books out and forced a smile. "Hey."

"Did you know Oliver Martin is having a party tomorrow at his house?" she said, smiling excitedly.  

I shrugged. It's just a party. You don't have to be that excited, I thought frowning. I’m not in the mood for a party, which is weird. I guess Cal is stressing me out.

Stop mentioning about him, you idiot!

"It's my first party at this school, so I'm really excited," she squealed.

Oh, that's why. "So do we have to go?" I honestly don’t want to go.  

I used to be a total party girl, getting drunk and crap, but I just don't feel like it right now.

Her eyes widen and her mouth fell. "Of course we have to go! Let me mention again, my first party," she squealed. "Besides, I want my best friend to be there. You could show me how to party like a bad girl."

Should I be insulted?

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I said unenthusiastically.

She smiled brightly. "Yay, I can't wait. Tell your mom you're going to my house first and tell her you’re going to stay in my house after the party for a sleepover!"

"Umm...Sure," I said lamely. Sleepover, I thought, lovely. That is a very nice way to put it. "I should go to my house first, because I need to get some of my stuff."

Her clothes aren't really similar to mine. She dresses like a "proper women with short skirts." You know what I mean? I would wear inappropriate clothes and my type of clothes dosen't really scream slut, but it screams hot. Her clothes are cute and adore able; it's meant for a petite. I'm not a petite. I have curves that are noticed by many guys and I have long legs.

“Hi Collin,” I said when I caught a sight of him. 

He looked down at his book as he passed by me and blushed slightly as he said, “Hey, Brooke.”

Layla frowned. “What are you doing?”

I looked at her, tentatively. “I just said hi to your brother. Big Whoop,” I said.

“I want you stay away from him,” she said.

I looked at her shaking my head. “I just said hi,” I exclaimed. “It’s not like I was checking him out!” Okay, I checked him out once, but that was only once. I mean, who doesn’t check out a guy’s ass? I would even check out a girl's ass.

She sighed. “I know, but he likes you.”

My eyes widened. “Really,” I asked. I kind of knew it, but I wasn’t so sure.

“He’s off limits,” she said sternly.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever." He isn't really my type anyway. I go for guys who aren't afraid of to talk to me and who isn't afraid to flirt. It's cute, but it's not what I look in a guy.

She continued talking about what she was going to wear at the party, but my head was somewhere else. Did it look like I liked her brother? Thoughts about him flowed through my head. How can he like someone like me? I'm a heart breaker, guaranteed.

"Hey Brooke," Cal said when he came up to us. Whatever Layla blabbered on about, she clearly stopped. He looked at Layla. "Hey Layla," he winked.

I want to kick him in a place no guy wants to be kicked. I looked at her and her big blue eyes widened even bigger than ever before. "Um...h-hey," she stuttered, looking embarrassed.

Oh My Fucking God. What the hell is she doing? Doesn’t she hate him? Almost every day, she talked shit about him and now she’s stuttering as he stood there.

"Are you guys going to the party tomorrow?" he said, smiling at Layla.

She blushed. "Yeah," she said smiling back.

You got to be kidding me! She has feelings for him too. I hate this. It’s like middle school all over again. What the hell does she see in him? All I see is a shallow cheater! "Bye Cal," I said through my teeth, my anger increasing.

He snapped his gaze from Layla and looked at me. He smirked. "Bye, Brooke, see you in detention."

"Can't wait," I muttered.

"Bye Layla," he winked before he turned around to his friends.

I turn to look at Layla, who was still looking at him. "What was that?" I was curious. I really wanted to know what’s going on with her.

Her eyes turned to look at me, I see guilt in them. "What are you talking about?"

I rolled my eyes. "You know that. You totally acted like you liked him," I stated angrily. I wasn’t jealous. I was mad that she suddenly forgave him. She is so like Ally. She would forgive any guy easily and I hated that most about her. She didn’t have a backbone.

She looked at me, insulted. "What? That is the guy who broke my heart. Why would I even like him?"

You fucking tell me!

I nodded. "Right," I said, not believing any denial she stated. I wasn't jealous; I was looking out for her. "So do you have feelings for him or not."

"Not!" she yelled, a little too quickly. I know she's lying, but I'm going to drop it, because she looked a bit mad.

I don't really want her to be pissed at me.

I sighed. "Whatever, I’m going to the bathroom,” I said walking away.

“Hey,” Tucker said blocking the entrance of the bathroom. 

I blinked. What does he want? 

“You didn’t come last night,” he said frowning. 

Oh, that’s why. Like I said, he’s a tool. “I didn’t know where lived,” I said. It was true; I have no idea where he lived.

He looked at me, still frowning. “Are we still up for it? There still Oliver’s party,” he said hopefully.

“No thank you,” I said.

His expression quickly turned to an exasperated expression. “You are such a tease,” he said storming away.

I hate be called that. It’s like being called a slut, except it annoys them in some way. Being called a tease isn’t a good think –it’s a horrible thing to be called, especially from a guy.

It didn’t bother me whatsoever, because it came from Tucker and his opinion didn’t really matter to me or hurt me.

I smiled to myself as I walked to class. I shouldn’t care what other people thought about me. They think I’m a tease, tramp, loser, and slut. It doesn’t matter, because I don’t need anyone to tell me what kind of person I am, I know who I am.

***

"Okay, everyone, remember to do your homework on William Shakespeare. You have to find a poem you like and then explain what it means and how can you use it in your everyday life," Mr. Young stated as he wrote it in the board.

I rolled my eyes. This assignment will be a piece of cake. I love almost all his poems and he is one of my favorite authors.

"Also, we have a test on Monday about Shakespeare's life, so you should study the notes I gave you for the test."

You got to be kidding me. What is so important about his life? I sighed, irritated of the many work we’re receiving. I hate work.  

I feel so crabby today.

Finally, the school bell rang and I quickly stood up from my seat and gathered my thing.  I then ran out the door. "Ms. Adams no running in the hallways," Mr. Young called out.

I stopped running and started to walk. I needed to leave before some teacher notices I’m skipping detention.

I’m not going to waste my time in detention, especially with Cal in there.

When I was almost at the door out of this school, someone said, "Ditching detention isn't a good idea."

Fuck, I thought, caught in the act. I’m not really sly. I even suck at sneaking out. Most of the time, I was caught. But who the hell is this?

I turned around to see Jake Vincent smirking at me. “Oh, it’s you.”

Jake rolled his eyes. "That's all I get, 'Oh it's you.'"

I don't have time for this. I don’t have anything to say to him. I’ve been avoided him for a long time and he avoided me. Why now? Why isn’t he avoiding me anymore?

"What the hell do you want,” I asked crossing my arms. I didn’t mean to be harsh, but I needed to be so I wouldn’t show feeling to him whatsoever. It’s not like I have any feelings for him.

"I'm just trying to tell you something," he said concern in his eyes. He was always like this, looking out for me. It’s kind of irritating, but weird.

I looked at him, shaking my head, "What?"

He smiled. "Cal wants Layla back."

Hell. No.

I laughed a laugh without a speck of humor in them. "Tell you're so called friend to back the fuck off her."  I don’t want him near her. It’s not jealousy, it is over protectiveness.

He shrugged. "Whatever. Say, are you going to the party tomorrow?"

I nodded. He’s trying to get me back. I know he is. It’s kind of cute, but I’m not taking any chances. He was great guy, but I will never fall in love.

Love is in my vocabulary right now. I don’t believe in love and guy will ever make me believe in it.

"So, are you still-“

I looked at him. "No.”

I said it with no emotion whatsoever. He should know I never go back in a relationship with anyone. I will never get back with anyone or give second chances. I don’t believe in second chances. I have chances multiple times to Ally, but she took advantage to it, like guys tries to take advantage of me. I’m stronger now.  

He sighed. "You should go to detention," he said, shaking his head. "Because I don't think they would love the idea of ditching purposely. I'm a witness."

I frowned. He was still a cocky asshole. “I hate you,” I said, not meaning it. I don’t hate him or dislike him, but I have to make him believe that.  

He shrugged. “Actions speak louder than words. You prove that to in your room.”

I walked away, not wanting to speak to him anymore, but I felt heat creeping to my cheeks. Wait? Was I blushing? If I just stood there, it would’ve been awkward.

I never blush.  I tried to take deep breath to lower the speed of my heart beat.

I took my time as I walked to detention. Detention is something to be excited about and rush to. As I entered the room, he wasn’t looking at the door. I needed to talk to him, or threaten him.

I took the seat beside him. When he saw me, he smirked.

The lady looked at us with narrowed eyes. "Detention rules:  Do not talk. Do not pass notes. Do not stand up from your seat. Don't do anything," a lady said lazily, looking like she didn't want to be here anymore than we do.

I know she couldn't care less at what we did. It seemed like it.  

"I'll be back," she muttered, walking outside.

That's when chaos began.

Being in a room full of delinquent’s isn’t fun. They hit on you or hit you. They fart. They throw paper at each. They do every immature crap. Someone of them started horse playing and actually started fighting.

I try to ignore everyone. I just needed to talk to Cal.

I turned to look at Cal, and found him staring at me. I rolled my eyes.

He smirked.

"Leave Layla alone," I said sternly. I have so much hate towards him right now, he reminded me of Drake a lot. I loathe Drake.

He looked shocked for some reason, but quickly changed his expression. "Why should I?"

"She doesn’t want you,” I said.  

He shook his head, his hair falling in his face. Looking at me through his lashes he said, "Are you sure? It doesn’t seem like it."

"Just leave her alone," I said through my clenched teeth. I’ve never said those words to Drake, but now, it’s different.  

I really hate him.

"No."

I closed my eyes. “Why won’t you leave her alone,” I asked.

Before he could answer my question, the door suddenly opened. "Get back to your seats!" the teacher yelled to the others. She sat down to watch us now.

And I couldn't scream at him anymore to tell her to leave her alone. I don’t know the answer to the question I asked him. I needed to know why.   

It doesn’t make sense. It’s kind of weird for a guy like to ask a girl back. I know this guy has a huge ego. I don’t believe this act he has of trying to get her back. I think he likes her or she might be using her. I’m not too sure.

He’s has to leave her alone.

If he won't, I'll make him.

Hello person who is reading this,

For those who read this before I deleted a few parts, don’t hate me. I feel like this story needed only one perspective. Leaving out Cal’s point of view will make you wonder. It’s better that way.

I hope you guys liked it! I might not be going online tomorrow and probably a few days after. I hope you guys could be patient. I also hope you like it! If you did vote, I promise I'll come back and upload a soon as possible.

Vote | Comment | Fan

Kat

Horrible Distractions

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

5.3K 266 13
PUBLISHED ON AMAZON!!! *This is only a sample of the first book. Read the rest on Amazon. Read for FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited! Just search my...
Trust This Από Chelsea

Μικρού Μήκους

112K 4.1K 11
Alyssa Brookes. Stylish, graceful, and keeps to herself. No one would guess she's a street fighting champion. She's had a tough time ever since her u...
13.9K 240 24
"You wanna fuck other guys let this be a lesson that your mine Adria, no one can fuck you like this. Not like I can. You going to remember that for m...
422K 14.1K 44
Before you ask, no, I'm not some good girl that will let people walk all over me. I've been through some shit no girl(or anyone for that matter) shou...