Alpha or Beta? (Being edited)

By moonlightmagic444

All her life Kari has been running from someone. Who? She doesn't know. Her mom keeps that information a secr... More

Alpha or Beta?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Sequel

Chapter 10

6.2K 341 19
By moonlightmagic444

Kari's POV:

I can't believe this. I have gone through almost half the library and I still haven't found anything. Maybe I should start looking for something different.

I guess it's time to look for Bryce since I haven't found anything. I sigh and walk to were Bryce is supposed to be looking. When I get around the corner of the book shelf I see that he's not there. He didn't leave me did he? I start to worry and glance around. I let out a sigh of relief when I see him at a table reading. Okay, see Kari no need to worry he is only reading.

Oh my god! He is reading! He must have found something.

I walk over to where he is sitting and join him at the table. "So what are you looking at?" I ask him in a girly voice. He looks up from reading.

"Kari this is crazy. This book tells you so much, I even checked the other information that we would know, and it's all correct. This book has to be legitimate." I scoot closer to him and look at the book. I see a header that says 'genezer' and see pictures of werewolves and healing symbols.

"What does it say then?" I ask him quietly and continue to gaze at the book.

"Well first, the book says that a genezer is a werewolf with the ability to heal open wounds and cuts. They can't fix things that are mental, but they can cure physical things that they can touch. Also, they come from a long and old line of werewolves that lived in the Netherlands, the pack was called The Mist pack." I look up and see the interest in his eyes. But he suddenly sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Unfortunately, the genezers have become targets for rogues and other packs because their blood has the ability to heal things that are internal." My eyes widen.

I whisper to myself, "So that's why we were always being chased..." Bryce looks at me worriedly.

"You guys were being chased?" He asks me. I nod my head and look at my hands.

"Yeah, people were after my mom... They chased us everywhere. Only my sister and I were able to get away this last time." Tears fill my eyes and threaten to spill over. I try to blink them away but this time I can't. I feel warm hands grab me and hold me to a hard chest. Tingles shoot through my body and my wolf calms immediately and I begin to relax in his arms. I sniffle and hug Bryce back. We sit there for a little while with me crying on his chest as he holds me. After about ten minutes of this, I sniffle for the last time and pull back. "I'm so sorry about that." He lifts my chin up then wipes my eyes with his thumbs.

"Kari, never feel sorry about something like this, especially not to me." He says smoothly, I nod and grab his hand from my face and hold it, enjoying the intese sparks running through my body. "Maybe we should go home soon Kari." As much as I don't want to, he is right I need to go home and see Trent. My wolf growls in my mind. What's good with her lately? She acts like she hates our mate. Our mate! Oh no, I quickly let go of Bryce's hand, I totally forgot about Trent. I see a hurt expression flash over Bryce's face, but he quickly covers it and stands up with the book. Walking to the shelf he puts the book back and strides back over to me. "Ready to go."

"Yeah, I'm ready." We head to the door, as we leave we wave goodbye to the librarian and get to his black truck. I love how big it is, it's really nice. Maybe he will let me drive it sometime. I get in on the passenger side. "So you think you will ever let me drive this car?" I ask with a smile as I turn to look at Bryce. He raises an eyebrow and turns on the car.

"No." He says. I drop my jaw, what? How can he deny me so coldly like that?

"Aw come on Bryce please." I say in a pleading voice and give him my best puppy dog pout. He turns his face from the road for a moment to look at my face. He lets out a sigh and turns back to the road.

"Maybe." I smile. Maybe always mean yes! "Wait do you even have your license?" He asks me. I shrug.

"I'm mean not really, but my mom took me out a couple of times and I'm pretty good at it..." I say and look out the window. That's a complete lie, I suck at driving. I actually almost drove my mom's car into a pole so she didn't allow me to get my license...

"You're the world's worst liar. Ever. You're definitely not driving my truck now." I turn quickly in my seat to look at him. I grab his arm. Damn he has some nice bicep muscles... Snap out of it Kari! Remember Trent?

"Come on please Bryce, you can teach me how to drive!" I smile widely. He glares out the window for a while. I squeeze tighter on his arm causing him to look in my direction and at my puppy face.

"Fine. But you're not touching it unless I'm with you, and when you drive you have to listen to everything I say. Got it?" I smirk and nod. I slowly let go of his arm, gliding my fingers down it in the process. My wolf purrs in delight, and I have to admit, his muscles are amazing. Why is it that I feel these things toward him and toward Trent to? Is it possible to have more than one mate? Maybe I should ask...

"Uh, Bryce can I ask you a quick question?" I say in a low voice. He glances at me then nods. "Okay well... Is it umm... Possible for a werewolf to have more than one mate?" I see him stiffen.

"No, you can only have one." He says. I look down. Why do I feel these things for both of them then? What does that mean?

"That's what I thought..." The rest of the ride is quiet, besides the light music playing in the background. When we finally make it back to the pack house Bryce parks in the driveway and we get out. I'm about to go inside but I notice that Bryce isn't coming in, I turn to see him walking toward the woods. "Where are you going?" I shout to him.

"I'm going for a run, my wolf wants to be let out." He yells back without turning to look at me. On that note I walk into the pack house and make my way upstairs. Before heading to my room I stop by and see Evie.

I lightly knock on the door and Evie quickly answers it. "Kari! Where have you been? It's late you know!" She shouts and hugs me. I smile and hug her back.

"I've been at the library. So do you enjoy going to school on this bus with the rest of the kids in the pack?" I ask her. She nods her head vigorously with her brown curls flipping all around her face.

"I love it Kari! Everyone is so nice, I have most of them in my class too." She says with a smile.

"Well I just wanted to see how you were doing, I need to shower then go to sleep, it's 7 o'clock already!" She looks at the clock and sees the time. "You should probably go to bed soon too Evie."

"Fine... I will go to bed." She sighs. I laugh and ruffle her hair.

"Night kiddo." I walk across the hall to my room. When I open the door I see that Trent is no where in sight. I grab my pjs and head to the bathroom to take a shower. I lock the door behind me and turn on the water. Before I hop in I take off my makeup and clothes, placing my dirty clothes in the hamper that Trent puts his dirty things in. I get into the shower and relax as soon as the hot water drips down my body.

Once I'm done I brush out my hair, brush my teeth, and put on a big t-shirt and undies. I walk out into my room and see Trent sitting on the bed in just his sweatpants. I walk over and cuddle with him in bed. "Hey sweetie, how was your day?" He asks. I shrug and nuzzle closer to him taking in his scent which still smells like woods and citrus.

"I was alright, how was yours?" I ask him. I feel him shift a little on the bed and his hand lifts my chin up to look at him.

"It was terrible until now, I missed you a lot Kari." I smile up at him. My wolf grunts. Shouldn't she be jumping for joy right now?

He leans down and captures my lips in a light kiss. As I start to get more comfortable with the kiss he begins to intensify it. He flips us so that way he is over me and I'm underneath him. He breaks from the kiss and slowly trails soft kisses down the side of my neck, the sparks fly and I shiver in joy. He returns to my lips and kisses me hard. I moan into his kiss and he bites my lower lip I whimper and open my mouth allowing him to slip his tongue in. I have the urge to bring my hands up and run then through his hair, I try to lift both arms up but one gets stuck on the hem of my shirt. Crap, it must be my bracelet. Without breaking the kiss I tug real hard and feel the bracelet Trent gave me snap, oops. Suddenly my wolf growls viciously in my head, and the tingles stop. I continue to kiss Trent but notice I feel nothing but disgust. What the hell is going on? I push Trent off of me as look into his eyes.

I don't see the look of love in his eyes that a mate should have, I just see lust. My wolf starts pacing in my head, telling me to get away from him. I start to sit up and slowly back away from him. He looks at me curiously then glances at my wrist. He looks up at me shocked. "Kari where's your bracelet." I stare at him silently and continue to back away on the bed.

"You're not my mate, are you Trent?" I ask hesitantly to him. His eyes suddenly darken and he wears an evil smirk.

"So you finally figured it out Kari." He stalks toward me. I jump off the bed and run toward the door, I need to get out of here now! Before I'm able to grab the handle I feel Trent grab my hair and pull me down. I scream and hit the floor with a thud. I struggle to get up but he holds me down and covers my mouth and nose so I can't breathe. "This all would be so much easier if you just believed we were mates Kari. Poor Bryce had to watch you and me together. His heart must be torn apart." Oh my god Bryce...this whole time he has always been there for me... Suddenly my lack of oxygen makes my head spin, I struggle to take his hand off but he won't let go. The next thing I see is blackness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
5.2K 198 39
*Now rated Mature because of final chapter* In a world where shifters live on reservations and cater to the human's whims, there are also advantages...
22.5K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
131K 3.8K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...