The Fighter Meets The Alpha

By DreamMystical

Moving to a new town to get away from her past and to finish high school, Max finds herself in a whole new si... More

A/N
~Prologue~
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~Epilogue~

~10~

57K 1.6K 168
By DreamMystical

Max's POV-

"My dad died last years from a rogue attack and I soon after I became alpha of the pack," Logan said as we laid in bed.

"Is that how you go the scars on your chest?" I questioned as I traced them with my finger.

"Yeah. That was a hard day for the entire pack, but especially on my mom. She lost her mate and almost me," he added.

"I can't imagine what it must've been like for any of you," I said.

"Well there's not much we can do now."

We fell into a comfortable silence and I let my eyes fall close. Listening to Logan's heartbeat I was finally able to let sleep take over even though it was early in the morning, but who am I kidding, when has that ever stopped me? 

'Max, remember I will always love you. I will always watch over you.' Bryan said hugging me.

'What do you mean? What are you going to do?' I asked panicking.

"I love you, Max," he whispered and kissed my forehead and walked away from me.

I didn't know what he meant until it all came together. I ran towards his room and tried to open the door. It was locked. I banged on the door telling him to open it. He wouldn't. I cried and cried telling him to stop, to unlock the door. But he never did. I slid down the door and cried.

My dad came home.

"Maxine! Get down here!" He yelled.

"No!" I yelled back.

That's when I heard his heavy footsteps stomping up the stairs angrily. He walked around the corner and saw me slumped on the floor with my head in my hands. He stopped and stared at me with hateful eyes.

"What are you doing?!" he yelled.

"B-Bryan..." I whispered as I choked on a sob.

"What do you 'Bryan'?" he asked snobbishly.

I couldn't answer so I pointed to Bryan's locked door. My dad got the gesture and literally kicked my out of the way. He tried to open the door, but since it was locked he just kicked it open. He was about to stomp his way in there when he stopped mid step with a horrified expression. I followed his gaze to see my brother laying on the floor in a pool of his own blood. All the air left my body, my blood ran cold, and it felt like I was stabbed in the heart.

The only person who loved me... Gone...

I was stuck here with abusive people I call my parents. Bryan left me.

My dad looked at me with burning hate in his eyes. Next thing I know I am punched in the face sending me straight to the floor. He kicked me in the stomach a few times and when he finally stopped he grabbed me by the hair and pulled me up to look him in the eyes. I stared into his cold hard green eyes and he stared into my red, blood shot puffy green eyes. I still had tears running down my face. Next thing I know I am thrown to the floor.

"You made him kill himself!" My dad screamed at me.

I had enough. I stood up and looked him stare in the eyes.

"I didn't make him do anything! You! You made him kill himself! You did it! Always beating us like we are some rag doll! We are your kids you fucks sake and you beat us like were nothing! Parents are supposed to love their children. But apparently I was wrong! Stop blaming me for something you caused! And we both know you caused it! So, shut up and just kill me too!" I screamed in his face, with silent tears screaming down my face.

I could tell in my dads face he was having a hard time keeping a blank expression. But before I could leave he grabbed me by the hair and forced me to look up at him.

"You are not my children," he sneered, "And killing yourself is the easy way out."

"Then just kill me yourself."

There was a stinging sensation in my cheek. When I realized he had slapped me, my dad kneed my in the stomach causing my to double over. Next he punched my in the face, then kicked me a couple more times before stopping.

"Why kill you, when I can make you suffer?" He smirked.

"Fuck you. Go to hell," I spat, then spit blood out of my mouth straight at him.

He kicked me in the face causing me to black out.

I flinched awake feeling more tired than I did before I fell asleep. I opened my eyes and looked around. Nothing changed except the fact that I was alone in the room. Logan must've got up at some point. Sighing, I pushed myself off the bed and got dressed. I walked down the hallway rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I couldn't here anyone so I assumed they all had something to do.

Making my way to the back door, I decided I was going to take a walk in the woods to clear my head and relax. After awhile of walking I came to a clearing, trees surrounding the area like a wall. 

There was rustling from behind causing me to spin around to see what it was. I was met with a huge mud color wolf with eyes to match. I just stared back, acting like I didn't care. No fear.

The wolf eyed me, looking me from head to toe. He sniffed the air and then stiffened, the animal looked back at me with a devilish look. Cracking and shifting bones were heard and soon the wolf now stood there as a naked man.

"So, princess, what brings you all the way out here by yourself?" the guy asked walking towards me.

"Wouldn't you like to know," I spat at him. Which he didn't seem to like very much.

"Watch it, girl. You don't know who you're messing with," he sneered. I smirked.

"Watch it, girl. You don't know who you're massing with," I mocked his voice.

"Do you actually know what you are doing?" he questioned snobbishly.

"I should be the one asking that question," I stated.

"Why? You're just a pathetic human! You think a pathetic human can take a trained werewolf?!" He laughed. Causing him to clutch his stomach and him to close his eyes. Good. Using that to my advantage. I ran up to him round kick him in the stomach and punched him with my good hand at the same time. Putting him on the ground.

"Such a pathetic human now? You messed with the wrong person. I can take down whoever I want. Doesn't matter what they are," I spat kicking him in the head causing him to black out.

Two more werewolves came into view. This time they were smart and didn't shift. These ones were smaller then the one I just knocked out. One was a light brown and the other one a cream color. The light brown one charged at me growling at me. It jumped on top of pinning me to the ground. I brought my legs up to my chest and pushed with all my strength and the wolf flew off my me and landed on the ground, head first. It lay on the ground not moving, but breathing.

I was actually surprised that the two wolves didn't charge at me at once. Just one at a time. Maybe they didn't want to kill me. Ha! Who am I kidding. Everything wants to kill me.

The third wolf ran at me and I dove to the side landing on my back. I got back up quickly and turned around to land on my stomach. I yelled out when I felt multiple sharp teeth pierce my skin and sink deeper and deeper into my shoulder. That's when several other wolves came running into the clearing. The fasted one was the biggest one. A black one... With golden eyes...

Logan.

I cried out in pain again when the weight and teeth were ripped off me. I rolled over onto my back putting a hand over my now bleeding shoulder. I was breathing heavily. I stared at the sky, and just to think of it, all I wanted to do was go for a walk to relax.

Logan's face appeared over mine. Worry and concern dominated all emotions, though there was another I didn't know.

I smiled at him and ran my hand over his jaw line.

"Are you going to stare at me all night or are you going to help me or at least stop my bleeding shoulder?" I whispered in a strain voice.

"Really, you could of died, and you are making smart-ass comments," Logan murmured more to himself.

"Yep," I said back, "It wouldn't be me if I didn't."

Logan smiled slightly at that and picked me up and started to run in a direction. I had my arms around his neck and my head on his chest. I could've easily walked back on my own, but why do that when you have your own horse... I mean mate. 

~

Logan forced me to go to the pack doctor to get my shoulder looked at. I tried telling him I was fine but he didn't seem to hear me as he continued to ask me if I was okay or if I needed anything. I gave up trying as I now sat on a table with the doctor checking out my new wound.

"It's not as bad as it looks, thankfully," the doctor states. I see Logan finally have some relief of the situation but not much. "The wound shouldn't get worse as long as you don't do anything that involves a lot of lifting."

I nodded in response as he cleaned out and bandaged my shoulder. I was told that I would need to change and clean out the bite marks at least twice a day until I didn't need to wrap it anymore. 

When the doctor was down Logan and I started to head back to his house. There wasn't much talking other than the occasional worried look from Logan.

"What?" I finally asked.

"Huh?"

"You keep looking at me, there's obviously something you want to say," I stated.

"I shouldn't have left you this morning, this could've been avoided," he whispers.

"Logan, it isn't your job to hover and be around me every second of the day and you should expect me to go off once in a while, I'm a free soul."

"It's not only that. The rogues. There has been more and more coming towards the territory and more are actually succeeding as getting past the boarders. It's weird and is something that needs to get controlled."

"Is that where you went early? Trying to figure out how they're getting onto the lands?" I asked. Logan nodded. "There. Right there is a good enough reason for having to go this morning. This would've happened either way."

Reassuring this big oaf if a lot harder than it should be, but it's something I have to do unless I want this oaf worrying and fussing over me 'til the end of time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hullo you Giraffes!

I am so sorry it took me this long to update. I really didn't mean to take this long but this week has been hell for me and I just didn't have enough energy or motivation to write a chapter. 

Hoped you liked it!

Well, Bye For Now My Crazy Giraffes! Be Crazy! Stay Awesome! Love Your Protector Stuffed Animals! BELIEVE!!!!!!!! COMMENT!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
4.2M 109K 51
Cover by @Miss_Sarcastic27 (I'm currently rewriting this book, but I am keeping the original version up until I finish the new version for anyone who...
5.3K 151 18
Mack's a not so average teenager. And when she moves to a small town she never even knew existed, she meets Liam. She has a secret that keeps her fro...