Grey Sky { Previously, JAWS }

By scourgify

Don't let them devour you. *** "Werewolves aren't real." "What if they are? What if we're both werewolves?" "... More

Grey Sky
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Interlude
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 - Part 2

Chapter 6

47.9K 1K 162
By scourgify

Thanks to everyone who's reading! Banner is made by goatsaye c: Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 6
Her POV

"Hand me thy tampon and I shall spare your petty life. Give it to me now or die a fatal death." I screamed and chased Luke down the stairs.

"Never!" He screamed and jumped down the last four steps of the stairs.

"You prick, I will kill you." I angrily told him, I was nothing but calm now. The jerk had the nerve to go to my room and rummage through my stuff. He stopped and turned to me.

"Hey! No swearing-" He didn't finish because I jumped and fell on top of him, he landed with a breathless 'oomf'.

"Ha!" I said, all signs of anger gone from my face, amusement was all that's left. "What the hell are you going to do with the tampons you stole from my bathroom?" I said with heavy breaths from all the running, I narrowed my eyes at his sweating face.

"Nothing, I swear." He said, a little too quickly.

"Tell me why." I replied with clenched teeth. Oh boy, I'm making him nervous. I was biting my lips to keep myself from laughing.

"Uh, well Sky. I guess, it's... my time of the month?" He stupidly offered and I burst out laughing. I plonked my head on his chest and I can feel it rumbling with laughter.

"Oh my god, that was the best you can come up with? What the hell, man." I said when I recovered and rolled down beside him, cheeks flushed.

"You were terrifying Sky, you should've seen your own face. It was like the devil himself appeared before me, except he's a she." He replied and I felt him shiver after some seconds. I chuckled and spoke again.

"So, tell me. What're you gonna do with my tampons?" I asked him bluntly, staring at the ceiling. He hesitated at first but answered me eventually.

"Well, my girlfriend has to use it." He shyly exclaimed and I scoffed at him.

"More like flavor of the week." I turned to him, putting my cheeks on my palm and leaned on my elbows. I wiggled my eyebrows at him and he smirked.

"It's flavor of the night, Sky." He said with confidence. I frowned at him but his smirk grew wider.

"The night? Seriously Luke?" I scrunched up my brows.

"What?" He asked me, I just smiled and stared at him. Luke. He was the ultimate player amongst the boys, during our junior year he almost screwed each and every cheerleader at school. Keyword: almost. Some were smart enough not to fall for this blondie's charms. Although he banged lots of girls, he made it sure to them that he doesn't want any commitment or something like that. That I think what makes him a good guy, and if you get to know him I know you'll agree with me. I just don't know why these girls still throw themselves at him in spite of the fact that they know he won't take them seriously. Pfft, girls. I will never understand them.

I shook my head at him and got up. He raised his left brow at me but I just grinned and extended my arm to him, he caught my hand and pulled himself up. I almost fell because he was so heavy.

"What have you been eating, Luke? You weigh like an elephant." I exclaimed and dusted my pants with my hands.

"Sure, like you've weighed an elephant before." He retorted and rolled his eyes at me. I suppressed a laugh and walked towards the door.

"Sky," he started as we walked the path towards Nick's house. "I'm glad that you know everything now." He exclaimed.

"Know everything?" I halted to a stop and faced him but bumped into a wall. I growled.

"Sorry." He smiled sheepishly and pinched my nose, "Everything as in us being werewolves. It was hard to keep a secret from a close friend. There were lots of times when we just want to tell you the truth, but we're afraid you would reject us and you wouldn't want to be friends with us anymore." He finished his speech and dropped his gaze to the ground, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

"I think I wouldn't act differently if you guys told me earlier. I would never turn my back on you." I smiled when he raised his head and flashed me his own smile.

"But your girlfriend, I mean flavor for tonight, still owes me. What kind of girl doesn't know when her time arrives. There are apps she can use now." I said and walked again, why would Luke put himself in trouble for a tampon?

"Uh, can we not talk about her please?" He pleaded and I nodded my head, indicating I was saying yes. He jogged and caught up with me.

"So, are you ready to swim?" He asked me, plastering a devilish grin on his features.

"Oh yes I am, playboy." I said and we raced towards the McCane's backyard.

•••

"I will love you better now." I finished and bowed my head, my left hand clutching the strap of the guitar, supporting it, and my right hand's thumb and forefinger held the plectrum.

"Bravo! Bravissimo." Amber hooted and clapped her hands, I smiled and looked at the sight before me.

I was standing on the edge of the McCane's swimming pool, holding Nick's brown acoustic guitar, the smooth texture of rosewood felt so right under my fingers. The others were sprawled in and around the pool. Jason and Scarlette sat side by side on my left, their legs dangling over the water. Nick also had his legs in the water, he sat on the edge of the pool opposite me. Carly was in a floating position at the center, both of his hands are behind his head while he stared at the cloudy sky. Amber stood a good distance in front of Nick, from her shoulders down were submerged in the water. Luke on the other hand was seated on a wooden beach chair a few meters behind me.

"Your voice hasn't faltered Sky, incredible as ever." Scarlette commented and turned her head to me.

"Thanks. It's been a while since I last played the guitar too." I said and turned around, I yanked the guitar off of me while giving Luke a devilish grin. He looked at me with horrified but narrowed eyes. I gripped the fretboard and held the guitar in the air, which looked like I was going to smash it in Luke's face. He was confused for a second before his eyes widened with the realization of what I was planning to do.

"Not going to happen." He said which startled me because in mere seconds, he stood in front of me with his left hand firmly holding the guitar's body while he seemed to look down on me, which was weird because Luke and I shared the same height.

"I wasn't going to smash it on you anyway." I told him innocently and released my grip on the guitar. Nick growled lowly in warning.

"And I'm going to kill you if you did smash it." He said and I rolled my eyes. Luke went to sit again on the beach chair.

"You know if I hadn't known better, I would think you're on your period." I told Nick and turned to look at him, catching him rolling his eyes at me. I stuck my tongue out. After that, we fell in a comfortable silence.

Until Luke the Great decided to break the ice.

"Sky, didn't you mention you were going to tell us two dreams earlier?" He said and I scrunched my nose up in confusion. I turned my head to him.

"Yeah, what was your other dream?" Scarlette asked me, serious. Then I remembered.

Oh. The scary b to the itch that made my ears bleed last night.

"Well," I said and immediately all six of them were huddled in front of me like kids waiting for their teacher to tell them a story. It was just like the scene when I was in my room with Dylan and the boys.

It's story time bitches. I chuckled silently to myself which caused 6 pairs of eyes to look at me curiously.

"Okay children," I started and they all sent me daggers. I rolled my eyes, impatient little brats. "Once upon a time-" I continued but was so rudely cut off by none other than the grumpy Alpha himself.

"Bullshit." He said and shook his head.

"Shut up Alpha or I'll force you to eat bull's shit. Sounds good? No? Shush." I retorted but before he can respond I proceeded with the story.

"So the dream started when I somehow woke up standing in the middle of a field, a flowery one. Sunspots blurred my vision. Everything was so quiet in the field, I thought I was the only one there until I noticed a woman walking beside me in complete silence." I continued and licked my lips. Nick followed the motion:

"She wore a white dress that flowed to the ground and a headdress that had something imprinted in the middle in front of it. When I tried to stare at her, sunspots would appear and blind me, but I tried again and I realized she had no face. Then she said some words." I stopped to breathe, Carly opened his mouth but I stopped him when I put my forefinger on my lips in a shushing manner. He raised his hands in the air in a surrendering manner.

"At first, her voice was so soothing but then it changed into something authoritative and demanding. I ran from her but the more I did it, the more her voice raised a note and it was like she was screaming inside my head. I just stopped and fell to my knees until I felt my left ear bleeding and my body felt nothing." I finished and waited for their reaction, nervously, may I add.

"That is the weirdest and scariest dream I have ever heard." Carly mused to himself and slightly shook his head, the others agreed.

"I know, I mean what the hell is her problem. Saying words like those." I said aloud.

"What exactly did she tell you?" Scarlette asked me with hopeful eyes, I sighed and tried to remember what exactly were her words.

"Well, it has something to do with erm... A chosen one that will change at the opposite of night. Darkness and sight, special ability and humanity getting ruined." I smiled triumphantly when I remembered a lot.

"That escalated quickly. I think it means trouble." Nick chimed.

"I think it's nothing, I'm not bothered." I said half-lying, it's quite scary when you think of it.

"Enough of that crap, what's up with you two?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked suspiciously at Jason and Scarlette who sat beside each other. Their eyes widened and a tint of pink colored both of their cheeks. Oh.

"Someone has to explain something." Carly said in a sing-song voice, the others sniggered except for the two.

"Sky, there is still something you need to know about werewolves. Something very important." Jason said in a very serious tone.

"What is it?" I asked in pure curiosity.

"Werewolves have mates." He said, "Someone who is destined for you to love and vice versa. He or she will be your life and your everything; they mean the world to you. The Moon Goddess destined you to be together, otherwise you're incomplete. Unlike humans who think of their current lovers as their soul-mates, werewolves only have one that they will cherish forever. You're perfect for each other." He finished and looked at Scarlette who coloured even more, if that was possible. I quickly put the pieces together and smiled widely at the two.

"Scarlette is your mate." I stated and they nodded quickly. I lunged forward and hugged both of them and muttered my congratulations. The two of them are so lucky to be together, they're perfect.

"Who's the Moon Goddess again?" I pulled away and asked everyone. Carly was about to answer me but I added quickly, "Besides the obvious fact, thank you Carly, that she's related to the moon." I looked at Nick expectantly.

"What?" He asked me incredulously.

"You're the Alpha, you must at least know something about the Moon Goddess." I told him with a serious gaze, he smiled innocently which caused me to sigh.

"This is why Google exists, Sky." Luke said and beamed proudly. I thought for a second about mates.

Someone you'll love, in return they will love you too. That means you will be attached to them forever, but what if my mate gets bored of me? Will he dump me and forget about me? What if I don't find him? What if I found him but he doesn't even want me? Is that even possible? Would he reject me? All those questions swam in my confused mind and there is one thing I finally concluded.

I do not like the idea of mates.

•••

"I'm late!" I yelled and grabbed an apple from the counter.

"I know you are." Dad chuckled when I walked past him, taking a bite from the apple on my hand.

"There is ten more minutes though." My Mom said when I reached her, I kissed her cheek and bid goodbye. I slammed the door shut and faced Nick with Jason and Scarlette patiently waiting in his truck.

"Sky hurry up!" Scarlette yelled when she saw me, I ran and immediately rode shotgun.

"Sorry. I dreamt about the lady again. My dream was exactly how it was last time minus the bleeding ear." I said and slumped down my seat, I can sense a headache coming.

"Oh." Was all her reply until we chatted about other subjects. After a while we arrived at school and Nick parked the truck. I opened the car door and got off. The four of us went inside the hall to meet up with Carly, Luke and Amber. We saw the three of them leaning on their lockers with bored expressions.

"Hey guys." I called out and immediately their faces lit up. I dodged a few students who were also walking around.

"Hey, what took you so long?" Luke asked and walked towards me, flinging his arm on my shoulder. I smiled weakly and shrugged his arm off.

"Nothing, I woke up late because of that weird dream again." I answered him and unlocked my locker, I put the necessary things in my bag and put the unnecessary ones in my locker. The first bell rang and I almost jumped a mile in the air. The hallway was now becoming less crowded and less noisy.

"I'm all good. C'mon guys." I cheerfully said and turned around. We were about to go to our classes when I suddenly had the urge to pee.

"Wait, you all go on I'm going to the bathroom." I said and turned around, almost knocking down a petite girl who held her head down.

"Sorry." I yelled and walked again but stopped when a loud growl reached my ears. My friends might've heard it too because Amber let out a yelp. I looked in front of me and there stood a guy. He looked attractive with messy brown hair and full lips, he was clad in black jeans and his white shirt clung to him almost like second skin. But that didn't catch my attention.

Yeah, sure. Didn't catch your attention, your ass. You're ogling him. My inner self told me, I hate my inner self. But seriously, that wasn't what caught my attention. It was what escaped his lips.

"Mate."

•••

You people have no idea how excited I was to upload this chapter.
Anyway, I ranked 89 in Werewolf and 129 in Humor. :D THANKS! That's the highest I've reached, unless I missed it when it ranked higher. But nevertheless, thank you to everyone. :) ~ Eren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
714K 19.5K 46
Cover for this story was made by @Sarahyaqoob "Where the hell is my next class?!" I yelled to my wolf Anna frustrated. I was looking for my next clas...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
34.9K 986 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...