Alpha or Beta? (Being edited)

By moonlightmagic444

All her life Kari has been running from someone. Who? She doesn't know. Her mom keeps that information a secr... More

Alpha or Beta?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Sequel

Chapter 9

6.7K 336 46
By moonlightmagic444

Kari's POV:

After the movie last night I decided it would be best for me to sleep with Evie. When I went into her room she was fast asleep so I crawled in with her. When I did fall asleep, all I could think about was Bryce. How annoying is that? Honestly my freaking wolf can't make up her mind! Alpha or Beta? Which one do you want sweet heart?

It's now morning, I let out a sigh. I must have a defective wolf or something... It's impossible for a werewolf to have more than one mate, so I don't know what's going on anymore. The signs of being a mate are there for both Trent and Bryce. For some odd reason though, they seem stronger with Bryce. I shake my head. No, Trent is the one who brought me here, and he's the one who actually acknowledges me as his mate. Bryce probably never even saw me in that kind of way. My wolf whimpers at the thought of Bryce never caring. Just then I hear little rustles coming from next to me on the bed, I look down to see Evie starting to wake up.

"Brycey? Is that you?" She ask groggily. I give her an odd look. Bryce? Why would he be here?

"No, it's me, Kari." I say to her. She blinks, opens her sleepy eyes a few times and smiles up at me.

"Kari! You're okay! Bryce said you would be okay, but I wasn't sure." She says as she gently hugs me. I hug her back. What is going on with her this morning, she is acting crazy.

"Um, Evie are you alright?" I ask her calmly. She giggles and releases me from her hug. She slowly gets up from bed and stands on the floor.

"I'm fine, I just had a nightmare last night and Bryce helped me through it." She turns and skips to the bathroom. I smile, I guess she has really taken a liking to Bryce. Why can't she like Trent like that? I sigh. I better go change and make breakfast. I have school in an hour. I walk out of Evie's room and cross the hall into mine and Trent's room. When I enter I expect to see Trent still sleeping but he's wide awake and changing. He smiles at me and walks over.

"Morning Kari." He says lightly. He walks over to me and hugs me, I hug him back. Suddenly my wolf growls in my head, at first I'm confused with her. Then I realize that thats's not the only weird thing, I don't feel any of the tingles spreading through my body where Trent is hugging me. I pull out of the hug and think to myself for a moment. What's happening?

"Uh, morning. I'm just going to go changed real fast and get ready for school." He nods his head and walks back over to his dresser. I grab my uniform, a black bra, and new underwear. Then I head into the bathroom. Quickly I change into my uniform, put on a little bit of makeup, brush my hair, and put on the bracelet Trent gave me. When I'm done I walk out and see Trent waiting to use the bathroom. I blush slightly, "Sorry for making you wait." I say.

He smiles and walks up and kisses my cheek. Tingles fly through my body like they normally do, okay things are back to normal now. Yeah my wolf is definitely messed up in the head. "It's no problem babe. I will see you down stairs when I'm done getting ready." I smile at him and wave, heading out the door and down to the kitchen area. When I get there the whole kitchen is filled. There are mothers making their kids breakfast and kids my age making their own breakfast. Oh no! I forgot that I have to make Evie something. I look around the kitchen for her.

When I see her, she is sitting on a stool at the island talking happily to Bryce. He is laughing at her joke which is most likely not funny at all. I walk over to them, "So what's going on here?" I ask nicely.

Bryce looks up and smiles, "Just making French Toast, you want some?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow at him and pull a stool up next to Evie and sit there.

"I thought you weren't planning on cooking for me ever again?" I say questioningly. He laughs.

"I was cooking for Evie and I felt bad you didn't have anything, but I guess I just won't make any for you then." He shrugs. He goes back to making the French toast.

I bite my lip and stare at the food... Oh it looks so good, "Okay you got me, I will have two please." I say with a smile. Both Evie and Bryce laugh at that and I stick my tongue out at them. When he finishes cooking I have two delicious French toast pieces, Evie has three, and Bryce has seven... Yes seven. "How can you eat that much in the morning?" I ask him curiously. He smirks at me and flexes his biceps.

"Need a lot of food to fuel these babies throughout the day." I die laughing. Evie giggles along side me. When I finally stop laughing I look up and see Bryce smiling at us lovingly. My heart races and I oddly like it. As soon as he notices me staring his face goes back to how it normally is and he gazes down at the food he's eating.

"There you are Kari." I hear Trent say from behind me. I jump in my seat surprised by his voice. I smile and get up from my chair.

"Here I am." I say to him. He laughs and looks behind me real fast to Bryce and Evie sitting down, then he approaches me and kisses me on the lips real fast. I hear a chair scrape on the floor. When I turn around I see that Bryce is already half way out of the room. Where is he going so fast?

"Lets get going to school Kari, Bryce told me he wanted to take his car today." I nod my head. Before I leave I kiss Evie on the head and tell her to be good, I grab my backpack and we go to Trent's car.

I hop into the passenger seat and wait for Trent to get in and start the car. When he finally gets in he turns to me and says, "Kari, I was wondering if you would like to meet my parents soon." I look at him wide eyed. Wow, his parents must have been the previous alphas, it makes me kind of nervous...

I look at my hands, "Do you think they are going to like me?" I ask him softly. He lets out a quick laugh.

"Oh trust me Kari, my dad's been dying to meet you." He says. He turns the car on and begins our drive to school. His dad has been dying to meet me? I smile to myself, that must mean Trent had been talking a lot to his dad about me. That's really sweet.

When we arrive in the parking lot, everyone is there waiting. I get out of my seat and go stand next to Mimi. We talk for a while but I notice that Bryce isn't here, he is the only one missing. I feel my wolf shrink down in sadness. What is up with her lately? She seems to care more about Bryce than her own mate...

I shake off my wolf's craziness and follow the group into the school. When the warning bell rings I say goodbye to everyone and head to English. I hope Bryce didn't forget about the library after school...

---

Bryce's POV:

It's 2:10 already, where is she? I'm waiting for Kari at my car so I can take her to the library. We seriously need to get to the bottom of this. Dad could be home any day now, and I need answers before he arrives.

A few minutes later I hear the sweet giggling of my mate. My wolf grins and waits for her to be near him. I finally see her walking with Mimi. She looks toward me and gives me a quick wave, I nod in return. When they get in hearing distance I say, "Ready to go?" She nods.

"Yup. Alright see you later tonight Mimi!" They exchange a hug and Mimi walks off to her car to drive home. Kari looks at me, "I'm glad you remembered. When I didn't see you this morning I thought maybe you decided not to come to school and forgot about the library." I smirk. So she notices when I'm gone?

"I don't forget anything Kari." She laughs and I smile. "Alright let's go." I get in the drivers seat of my black pickup truck and Kari hops in on the passenger side. She looks around it in amazement.

"Wow this car is huge for a truck! And you keep it so nice and clean." I laugh at her and she looks at me with a frown. "Don't laugh at me! I was just complimenting your truck. You should drive it more often." She says as she runs her hands over the interior of my car. See, you know things are bad when you're jealous of your car...

I turn on the engine and pull out of the school. "So do you know what section of the library to look in? You do know that it's a human library, so a ton of stuff on werewolves is completely false." I say to her. She sighs loudly.

"Yeah I know, that's going to be the hard part, but that's what you're here for, to help me out." She says. I raise an eyebrow at her as I continue to drive.

"So I'm only here to help you find the source of information?" She shrugs and smirks at me.

"You can look at it however you want." She says. So I laugh.

"So I can think that you want me here because you actually enjoy my company and like telling me your deepest secrets." I glance at her. She ponders this for a moment. Then she smiles and quickly looks out the window.

"I did already say you can think of it however you want." I grin. She definitely feels something toward me. I know we are mates, but she doesn't for some reason. I don't know what Trent did to trick her into thinking other wise.

I pull into the library parking lot and we hop out. She heads in first so I follow behind her. She looks through the genres and walks toward the direction of legends and myths. When we finally get to that section she turns to me, "okay, we are here. Look for books with the word 'genezer' in it." I look at her in confusion. She sighs and shakes her head, "it means healer in Dutch and that is where my mom's family line traces back to. I think it might have some information with it."

"Alright, I will take this side, you get the other?" I ask her. She nods quickly and walks away. I start at the beginning of the shelf, whenever a book looks promising I take it out and look in the glossary.

Nothing... I've looked through like 30 books, and that doesn't include the ones I haven't opened as I passed by them on the shelf. Finally I get to a book called Wereology. Original right?

When I open up to the glossary there it is, 'genezer' on page 456. I quickly flip to the page and there's a whole section on it. I pick up the book and carry it to a table. I sit down I begin reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 71.4K 71
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Spin off to "Abused Mate'" You do not need to read AM to understand this book but I would appreciate it if you di...
131K 3.8K 20
Kyle is a gay omega. His dad abuses him because his mom died during his birth. His only salvation is finding a mate on his 16th birthday, in 6 days...
1.7K 77 14
Destiny Paige has had a lot happen to her, her whole life has been turned upside down, her heart has been torn out of her chest and stomped into the...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...