Angel's Weren't Meant To Be S...

By KatieLuvsTokioHotel

A prophecy. The only thing that motivates her to survive. It doesn't change, even when Victoria, a young Fal... More

[01] The Legend
[02] Prologue
[03] A Living Hell
[04] New Beginnings
[05] Karma's A Bitch
[06] The Decision
[07] Stupid Humans Will Never Learn
[08] The Slave Life
[09] The Auction House
[10] Sold
[11] New Home
[12] Punishment Is For The Weak
[13] A New Point Of View
[14] Within The Depths Of Hell
[15] Supervision
[16] We Are Not Friends
[17] A Being Of Death
[18] Not So Different
[19] Visit From The Witch
[20] Me Help You?
[21] Passion, Lust and Sexual Drive
[22] A Fallen Dream
[23] Escape
[24] The Truth Comes Out
[25] A Fallen Guest
[26] Everyone Is Learning
[27] Lycan Revolt
[28] Trust Me
[29] Lord Eric Baylish
[30] Seraph Institute
[31] The Gathering
[32] Plans
[33] Pleasantly Unwelcomed Surprises
[34] More Than A Slave
[35] Doomed To Die
[36] The Burning Is Back!
[37] The Time For War Is Now
[38] The Battle With The Lycans
[40] Inquiries
[41] Back to the Beginning
[42] Anger Is A Powerful Thing
[43] Love Strong and Love Weak
[44] Death Star
[45] I Am Home
[46] Thoughts
[47] Suicide Mission
[48] You Always Have A Choice
[49] Hell's Gate
[50] I Am Hell
[51] This Can Never Be
[52] Becoming Alone
[53] The Choosing
[54] The Prophecy Begins
[55] The Stone City
[56] The King and Queen
[57] You Are Free
[58] Caught
[59] Angel of...
[60] The Sword
Sequel!!

[39] Run, Trinity!

1.8K 48 13
By KatieLuvsTokioHotel

*Trinity’s P.O.V.*

For the past two days things have been very solemn and tense at the palace. No one spoke a word of it, but everyone feared that at any moment the Lycan force would peer over the Eastern horizon and come for us. As if they had already destroyed the city of Idris and everyone in between them and us. Like I said, it was never spoken of out loud, but the thoughts were there.

Everyday I would wake up bright and early and go up to one of the tower attics and watch from one of the east facing windows, as the sun was rising, to see if Keegan and Eric would return. Around nine I would help Arianna get ready for the day and help her with any chores until lunchtime. After that she rarely needs my help so I go to find Victoria.

She is always wandering the halls. Something she has always done a lot. Apparently she didn’t mind the quiet and the loneliness, but I didn’t believe that. So I have been joining her on her walks. When the sky would start to get darker, I would retreat to my tower and watch until dark to see if the men would return.

I was currently walking with Victoria on the third day of Lord Keegan and Eric’s departure for the Lycan battle. It was a very hot day, my clothes awkwardly clung to my skin but Victoria wanted to walk around the palace outside today, even in her black pants and shirt, but of course I wanted to join her.

She was acting strangely today though. Every little sight and sound that she heard put her on edge. Everything from a different sound of the rustling of the leaves, to a bird deciding to fly off in a rush. I didn’t understand. She hasn’t acted anything like this since when she was first brought here. I guess one can never get rid of the natural instincts and reflexes built up over hundreds of years.

But I decided to think nothing of it. Maybe this was her way of being afraid that the Lycans may have won and will come for us. Not that I can really picture Victoria being afraid of them. They are a Hell creature; just like her. She has no reason to be scared of them.

We were coming across the front of the palace when Victoria stopped me suddenly, putting a hand on my shoulder. She started sniffing the air a bit and her eyes were furiously darting around.

This time I had to speak up, “Victoria, what is wrong with you today? You’re very jumpy, and it’s starting to make me nervous…” I admitted.

Her eyes snapped towards me. It felt like her light grey eyes were piercing into my soul with such a strong intensity that I froze.

“Something isn’t right…” is all she said.

My brow scrunched up in confusion right before her head spun around and looked down the road. She instantly let out a sigh and started walking slowly around the palace again, leaving me behind, “The men have returned.”

Snapping my eyes to the same place she had just been looking, I had to squint through the bright sun before I could just see two large figures on horseback slowly trotting our way.

My face lit up instantly and a huge smile consumed my face. Turning on my heel I ran for inside. As soon as the doors were opened I started yelling to anyone who could here that Lords Keegan and Eric had finally returned. When I passed one of the drawing rooms, I saw Arianna and when I called it out to her, she gave me a quick, small smile and waved me off without a word.

I shrugged my shoulders and continued to race out to the back gardens. I wanted to grab a fresh bouquet of ‘welcome back’ flowers for our two brave knights. Running around, I grabbed a few flowers from every garden until I was at the back by the red roses.

Dropping down to my knees I tried to pick a couple without hurting myself on the thorns. And that’s when I finally felt it.

There was a sort of shift to the air that made it feel thick and tense, kind of like how Victoria had been acting all afternoon. I have never felt this way before and I didn’t know what it meant. I instantly froze in my actions and let my eyes scan the wooded area in front of me. I couldn’t see anything but I felt something. I couldn’t explain how or why but I did.

The hairs on my arms and the back of my neck stood on end and my skin tingled everywhere. I felt cold in the hot, late summer heat. Everything in me told me to run but I couldn’t force the muscles in my body to listen.

Flowers still in hand, I slowly rose to my feet. Looking to my left and then my right, I could see nothing, but I still didn’t feel safe. This was the first time in my life where I had not felt safe while on the palace grounds.

I tried to keep myself calm as I turned towards the palace and started walking back. Once I came around the fountain I felt a bit safer and I relaxed slightly. I could just see Victoria coming around the far side of the palace. A big gust of wind blew from behind me in her direction, as I was just about to raise my arm and wave to her. That’s when I saw her stop. Her eyes went wide and she turned towards me in a second. But she wasn’t looking at me; she was looking behind me.

There was a low growl that came from behind me. If it hadn’t been so sunny and wasn’t so scared, I might have mistaken the sound for thunder. Turning my head slowly to look behind me, my eyes widened until I’m sure my eyes almost could have tumbled to the ground and my mouth was hanging open in fear. I couldn’t catch my breath.

Standing behind me where I had just been was a Lycan. Turned fully towards it now, it took all of one second to take in its unsightly figure that I have read so much about.

Even on all fours, its head was level with mine. Its long snout was baring its big, yellow canines at me. The large body looked spindly and gross, as it was lacking a true and full, furry coat and its skin was a dark red and bones could be seen poking through the skin. Its paws were as large as my face, its claws as long as my fingers.

Flowers instantly forgotten, they fell out of my hand and scattered on the ground. I couldn’t believe it. Keegan and Eric are home. Doesn’t that mean they won the battle?

The hairs on the Lycans back bristled as it growled loudly once again after it sniffed the air. It smelt what I was and it didn’t like it. Eyes narrowed as it crouched its body down slightly, I knew what was about to happen but I couldn’t move my legs.

“Trinity! RUN!!” I heard Victoria scream from behind me.

With a final growl, the Lycan sprang from its position and charged at me and I screamed. It was short lived though as suddenly something within me snapped and I was racing towards the palace as fast as my legs could carry me.

Victoria was running towards me too but she was still farther away from me than the palace or the Lycan was.

“Victoria!” I cried out in panic, “Help me!” I chanced a glance behind me and I instantly wished that I didn’t, the Lycan was right behind me and I smelt its rotting odor.

It’s large paw swung out at my legs then.

“NO!” I heard Victoria cry out, as I was suddenly airborne with the ground quickly coming towards me. I rolled a few times before coming to a stop. Just as I looked up, I could see that the Lycan was just about to jump on top of me, teeth bared and ready to rip my flesh right off my bones.

I closed my eyes and covered my face with my arms, doing what little I could to protect myself. I have never fought a Lycan. I have never fought anything before!

But nothing happened. I could still feel my heart pounding in my throat and the sound of grunting, growling, hissing and shuffling is all I could hear. Pulling my arms away, I saw that Victoria was fighting the Lycan now. She must have tackled it back just before it attacked me.

Scrambling to my feet, I saw that she was already covered in cuts on her arms and legs from its claws, her shirt was torn to shreds and her nose was bleeding a bit. I could tell that the Lycan didn’t want to fight her but she was trying to keep it distracted.

The beast was just about to swing its large paw up and gash across her stomach, but she didn’t see it coming, “Victoria, look out!” I yelled and at the last second she was able to hit its paw away from her.

In the moment when I yelled, all of the Lycans attention was back on me totally disregarding Victoria as she yelled at me, “Run! Run Trinity! Get inside! Now!”

As I turned the Lycan came at me again but I was just able to see Victoria kick its hind leg to slow it down. I heard Victoria cry out loudly in pain and I heard the unmistakable sound of a body hitting the ground hard. Glancing back I saw that Victoria was a lump of black on the ground, no longer moving…

The Lycan was on me again. The palace was so close now, only another 100 yards. Maybe I could make it. I was tired and just about to give up when I saw Keegan and Eric come out the back doors in front of me, still in their battle armor.

Both men took in the situation quickly. A mixture of fear and anger consumed their faces and in an instant, Eric was running towards me, broadsword in hand and Keegan had pulled out his bow.

I could feel and smell the breath though. It was too late. They were too far away from me. Even Keegans arrow wouldn’t make it in time…

It didn’t waste time trying to knock me down first this time. It just raced as close to me as it could, the loud growling hurting my ears and in a second I felt the burning tear through me, starting at my shoulder as the Lycan sunk its dirty fangs into my flesh.

I screamed as the poisonous saliva instantly worked its way into my system. My body collapsed to the ground and the beast wasn’t ready for it, so it continued on without me right into Eric and Keegans arrow. I heard the dull thud and the puppy dog cry from the wild Lycan as the arrow found its mark, followed by Eric’s grunting and yelling as it finished the Lycan off.

I was lying on my back now. The harsh light from the sun barely bothered my now as I stared up at the bright blue sky. My left arm and shoulder area is what hurt the most. Everything else felt numb at the moment as the poison had yet to spread so far. I was struggling to breathe as the burning pain ripped through me. I felt a warm tickling feeling on my shoulder as well. Could that be blood?

Eric was at my side in a second, that much I was still able to comprehend. His beautiful young face was covered with some stubble and dirt and dried blood. His face was a mask of worry and sadness and I realized now that he was trying to speak to me.

“Trinity! Oh god, Trinity! Please answer me. Anything!” he cried.

I blinked and another wave of pain ripped through my shoulder and I cried out. Once the pain faded a bit I whimpered, “It hurts…”

Keegan was there too now, “We know it hurts, Trinity. We are going to take the hurt away, ok? You just have to stay awake for a little while longer. Can you do that for us?”

Both men were fumbling around with something and I heard cloth ripping around my knees. With my head throbbing so hard it felt like my brain was about to explode, and I wondered why they were ripping my dress. I quickly knew, as there was a new pressure on my shoulder where the bite was. I screamed out at the new pain and tried to thrash my body around to be rid of it. Keegan held my arms down as he spoke.

“Keep as much pressure on that as you can, Eric. She is loosing blood fast,” he was speaking to me then, although I barely heard it; “Stay awake with us, Trinity. Did the Lycan get you anywhere else?”

I rolled my head back and forth no and started mumbling.

“What? Where else Trinity?” I felt Keegans hands on my legs and arms looking but I kept shaking my head. I felt the muscles in my arms and legs start to spasm and twitch. But I had to fight through this. I had to tell them…

“Where- I- I c-can’t see…. Vic- Victoria! H-Help her!” I pushed out through my pain. I tried to lift my hand to point to her but I was exhausted and I let it fall to the ground. When I tried to relax after the effort it took to speak and move, another wave of pain, stronger than the last one, ripped its way across my chest. And I screamed.

That’s the last thing I remember before my body started burning up and my eyes fell closed.

*Keegan’s P.O.V.*

I was so worried for my little angel’s life that I barely took in what she said. Here she is, bleed on the ground and she wants me to help Victoria? She’s not even here with us.

I looked up to Eric but he looked like he was about to cry he was so concerned for Trinity’s life. I guess he truly did have affectionate feelings towards the young girl. I looked down at her again. Inside I was panicking. Could a Pure angel be saved from a Lycan bite? The saliva is poisonous for them…

Her hand was lying out and it looked like she was trying to point at something. I followed the direction. Then off in the distance was a black form lying very still on the ground. My heart clenched. And my stomach felt like it was in my throat. Victoria!

Turning back to Eric I gripped his shoulder and made him look at me, “Take Trinity inside to the infirmary. Call for all of the nurses. They should be able to know what to do for this. I’m going to help Victoria.”

Eric nodded in an instant. His face was now a hard mask of determination. I called out to him to make sure to keep the pressure on the bite as best as he could until they had stopped the bleeding.

Racing over to Victoria, I called out her name, trying to get any kind of response from her. But she gave me nothing. Dropping to my knees I quickly but gently rolled her onto her back. I was more than relived to see that she was awake and breathing. Eyes closed she flinched and groaned in pain at the movement.

“Victoria?” I tried quietly, “Please, Victoria, open your eyes. Say something. What happened? Are you alright?”

She looked to be a mess. There were a few scattered claw marks on her arms, legs and stomach, those would heal easily enough, she had a bloody nose but it didn’t look broken and a cut on her eyebrow.

Finally her beautiful light grey eyes snapped open, her breathing was fast and coming in short pants. Her eyes were darting around in fear so I gently grabbed the sides of her face and forced her to focus her sights on me.

“Victoria, relax. The Lycan is dead. You’re safe. What happened?” I tried again.

She opened her mouth to try to speak but her arms were suddenly around her abdomen and she was wincing in pain, mouth agape as she gasped.

My hands shot down to her arms to move them away from her lower abdomen as I checked the damage done. There was a long cut, a bit deeper than the rest that went diagonally across her side from her left hip across to the center of her stomach.

“Shit…” I muttered. It wasn’t bleeding too badly, but I’m sure it stung.

Carefully collecting her into my arms, I turned towards the palace to take her to the infirmary as well. I would be able to help her with these wounds while the rest of my staff nurses tended to Trinity.

Lifting one of her hands to her temple, Victoria hissed out a sigh, “My head hurts…”

It seemed that the entire staff was out on the back patio now. A mixture of shock and fear was on all of their faces. Arianna was just pushing her way to the front now. She looked flustered at what everyone was doing. Probably because she was so oblivious to what had just occurred out here.

“You probably hit it when you fell. After some rest you should feel better,” I said in my most soothing voice.

Walking up the stone steps, Arianna instantly came up to me. She looked at Victoria in my arms with a look of disgust, “What happened? I just saw Trinity. Did she do something to her?”

I clenched my jaw in anger. I was barely able to hold back my rage as I gritted out, “A rogue Lycan must have escape and skirted the city. He tried to kill Trinity but Victoria tried to save her,” I noticed that Victoria was very quiet, her face was turned to the crook of my neck, “Do not worry, everyone. I’m sure there are no more around, but just in case, stay inside. I will send some men out to scan the area.”

Pushing passed, I ignored Arianna and her crazy antics as I continued on to the infirmary upstairs.

Turning my head, I whispered into Victoria’s ear, “Are you still alright?” I only got a nod in response.

Upon entering the infirmary, I saw the far corner was filled with people. I could see Trinity on the bed with Eric standing at her side, stroking her hair. She seemed very quiet and still, which got me a little nervous. A woman was cleaning the blood away as another was covering the wound to stop the bleeding. Two others were preparing bandages and salves.

I put Victoria down on a bed, three spaces down so she wouldn’t be in the way. I helped get her settled before I walked over to stand beside Trinity across from Eric. The sound of my dirty chain mail and armor seemed very loud and out of place in the clean and quiet room.

“How is she doing?” I asked.

“The bleeding is slowing down, my lord,” one of the women started, “But she was thrashing about and screaming in pain so much that we had to give her milk of the poppy to take away the pain and thankfully she was able to instantly fall asleep. It makes dealing with this all much easier.”

I nodded in approval, “Do you think you can help her?”

It was well known that Pure angels can die from a Lycan bite without treatment. I don’t think any Pure angels have ever been tried to save…

She bit the inside of her cheek and said, “It hasn’t been tried before. But the bite is clean so that can be fixed. Her body is already starting to heat up into a fever. So we can only do our best to help her body fight off the poison until it has all left her body…”

That was all I could hope for at this point. I looked over at Eric and saw that he was in pain himself. Except his pain was in his heart.

Putting a hand on her shoulder in comfort, he didn’t look up at me but I spoke anyways and let him listen, “Change out of your armor, get cleaned up and rest. They will do everything they can to make her more comfortable and get her better. It will do you no good to be here in the state you are currently in.”

He nodded and looked up at me. I could definitely see his pain now, “Alright…” but he sounded more than reluctant to go.

Looking back at Victoria, I saw that one of the women was helping to clean up her cuts. Victoria’s head was bent and she wasn’t making a sound. Walking over to her, I stood at the end of her bed and cleared my throat, making her look up at me from her dark eyelashes.

I am going to change out of my armor and get cleaned up a bit. I will be back shortly to see you, alright?”

She nodded.

I sighed and left the room, not before seeing Eric delicately place a kiss to Trinity’s forehead. That relationship would bother me for a while, but I can’t bring myself to say anything bad about it.

Steering clear of my room, I first found one of my personal guard to get rid of the dead Lycan. Then I found a maid and I asked that a bath was quickly made up for me in a guest room and I quickly changed my clothes. I moved on autopilot, just wanting to get this done and over with so that I may speak with Victoria before she rested.

My muscles relaxed the second I slipped into the steaming hot water. But my mind was still in turmoil. The battle had been rough and went nothing like we expected. And that’s what made everyone nervous…

After scrubbing the dirty and dried blood off of my skin and hair, I quickly dried off and dressed in casual tan coloured pants and a loose white shirt. Before I even realized it, I was walking into the infirmary. It was starting to get slightly dark out now. Candles were lit everywhere and it gave the room a soft glow.

The women had gone already, as I’m sure they have done all that they could for the time being. Trinity was still sleeping on her bed, but even from here I could see the thin layer of sweat on her forehead as her fever was starting.

Turning, I saw Victoria, now on the other side of the room beside the window facing the setting sun. All of her cuts were cleaned and bandaged and she looked a lot better. I noticed then that she was still awake, simply staring out the window.

I walked over to her quietly, picking up a chair on my way. Victoria hadn’t given any indication that she had heard me yet, but I’m sure that she had. Placing the chair beside her and wordlessly sitting down, I saw that her face was set in an emotionless state.

Clearing my throat, she slowly turned her head to look at me.

“How are you feeling?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders slightly, “Fine.”

It was silent again as I thought of what I wanted to say next. All at once I wanted to know what happened and to thank her for what she did. She had no obligation to really…

Before I could speak up, Victoria broke the silence, “I felt odd from the very moment I woke up this morning… I had a bad gut feeling about the day. It only worsened when I went outside for a walk. Then I could feel it. The air was thick and it left a weird feeling in my lungs. That Lycan was smart. It stayed downwind from the palace, but I still felt it. I just wish I had known what it was sooner… I haven’t seen a Lycan in many years.”

“It’s all right, Victoria. You didn’t know. I can only thank you with all of my heart for saving Trinity,” I said, “So, thank you. I don’t know what I would have done if she had died.”

“I know. She is special.”

Curiosity got the best of me then, “SO why did you do it? Why did you risk your life for hers? As far as I know, a Fallen would never help a Pure…”

I felt that I already knew the answer. I just wanted to here her say it. I wanted to hear her acknowledge the fact that she was developing feelings. That she wasn’t all evil and heartless.

“I had to…I have grown fond of that little angel. And I also knew that I would be to blame for her death and I don’t want to be beaten again for something as mundane as letting a Pure be killed by a Lycan.”

She sounded cold when she said it, but I saw past her words. She loved Trinity like she was her daughter. That much was obvious. She was developing feelings. She cared about things now. I found that my heart swelled at that fact.

“What happened with the rest of the Lycans?” she asked, referring to the battle.

I sighed and shook my head, “We can talk about that tomorrow. Right now, you need to rest…” I stood up and put my chair back where it belonged.

“You didn’t defeat them, did you?” she asked so quietly that I almost missed it.

“No.”

“Then they are a part of the prophecy as well, I’m sure. They know.”

Her voice was cryptic and far away. It sent a slight shiver down my spine.

I didn’t want to continue talking about this. I needed to get something to eat before bed.

“I will see you tomorrow morning. Good night, Victoria.”

She didn’t reply though. Going over to Trinity’s side, I gently kissed the top of her head and whispered, “I’m sorry I didn’t get there sooner, my little angel,” before walking out of the infirmary and headed for the kitchen.

------------

Only one month! Haha, updates will be more frequent from now on like I said in my last update.

So please leave me a vote and a comment and talk to me guys!

I want to know what you guys are thinking about the story and where it is going! Does anyone have any predictions about how it is going to end? Who's your favourite character, what would you like to see from some of them? Keep in mind that I don't like to be predictable! :P

Thanks :)

KatieLuvsTokioHotel

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 622 8
An angelic halfling, thrown into a brutal war - not her own. Can she survive, can humanity? Angels or Hellion, Sky hates them both, hell, she even ha...
32.3K 2.4K 89
Highest Ranking: #42 in Fantasy (Nov 2019),#65 in Paranormal (Feb 2018)....God has sent watchers, a powerful set of warrior angels, to earth to track...
16 0 4
Duty - a word most women understand. Honor - a word men strive to attain. What happens when a woman, expected to embody the word duty, desires more t...
4.3K 893 26
DARKLINGS, FYI: a new, longer version of Heaven can be found here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/321729586-heaven The arrival of a new priest, Fathe...