Our Little Secret

By irmagray-

Meet Sarah Reed, a seventeen year-old girl without a care in the world. Her life is what people would call av... More

Hello :)
Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Author's Note
Editing
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 84

3.1K 96 5
By irmagray-

Jack

"Is something wrong?" Jimmy asks me and I sigh yet another time.

"Everything's wrong." I admit tiredly while taking a seat in one of the garden chairs. Four deep green, plastic chairs surround a large table with a folded parasol in the middle. The table has the same design as the chairs. Typical exterior furniture, the type all these perfect families have. I despise it.
It's freezing outside and my bum gets cold quickly. Still I shall have my cigarette.

"Everything? Surely that's an exaggeration." Jimmy comments with a glee voice.

"I wish it were." I tell him and shake my head. Jimmy stares at me with a puzzled, and drunken, look.

"Do tell." He finally says intrigued. I hesitate for a second. Is he drunk enough to inherit such information? After some consideration, I come to the conclusion that yes, he's indeed drunk enough and won't remember a thing tomorrow.

"It's about a girl." I start slowly and Jimmy's eyebrows shoot up. "Yeah I know, surprise, surprise." I mutter sarcastically.

"Never thought you'd be one to have girl problems." Jimmy comments and grins.

"Neither did I, yet here I am, waist high deep in shit."

"It's that bad?" Jimmy asks, sitting up more straight. He's found a general interest in my troubles.

"It's horribly bad. She refuses to talk to me and probably see me suitable as Satan's companion." I drawl and Jimmy can't help but laugh.

"Sure sounds like she knows you." She does. At least it feels like she does, yet there's so little she know about me. Sarah's one of the few who's actually cares about me and my life. I haven't been nearly as open as I should with her.

"She doesn't know me as much as she'd like." I say after a moment of silence. Even though Jimmy's wasted beyond his mind, I will have to thread lightly and be careful with what I say.

"Why not?" Jimmy slurs, taking a sip from a beer can he brought with him out.

"Because I'm an idiot." I growl, taking in a deep breath of smoke. "I'm an idiot who can't commit myself to the one person who means the world to me."

Jimmy's eyebrows shoot up again, twice as high this time. He has a hard time focusing on me and flicker with his eyes before somewhat finding mine properly. "No way, dude!" He says excitedly, sounding very much like the guys in Pineapple Express.

"I'm deadly serious." I tell him with a stone face, not entirely happy about his reaction. Will this inflict on my reputation? Maybe I should've kept quiet.

"That's just-" Jimmy starts. "I mean, I never would've thought it possible!" He chuckles, taking another sip of his beer.

"Well it is, however there will never be anything between us. I screwed everything up." I say with self loathing.

"What happened?" Jimmy asks, patting my back in comforting way. But I barely even notice as his questions rings through my ears. What happened? That god forsaken bet happened!

"I never should've agreed to it." I mumble, my eyes unable to focus on anything in particular. "I never should've agreed to that damn bet. Everything would've been fine. It might have taken us longer time to get where we did, but at least she would still look at me like she used to. She would still crave my touch and look at me with those emerald green eyes." My throat gets thick as I speak and brings me back to reality.

I've said too much.

Realising my mistake, I stand up in a haste. "Wanna go back inside? It's freezing out here." I ask Jimmy quickly, who appears to be processing my words. He looks up at me as I speak with a wrinkle of confusion on his forehead. I believe he's trying to figure out who I'm talking about. I pray that he's too drunk to even use his brain.

"Yeah, sure." He says standing up as well, staggering slightly as he goes.

I did speak the truth when I said I was freezing. Goosebumps are rising on my arms and I hurry as fast as I can to get inside. I've barely gotten my whole body through the sliding door when I stop abruptly in my tracks, making Jimmy crash right into me.

Sarah's still dancing with the idiot, only they're barely even dancing anymore - they're making out. I feel my heart stop and then shatter into a million pieces. Never have I felt like this before. I feel betrayed, devastated and heart broken, but mostly I feel hopeless. Like I'm the cause of this. I could, and should, be the one standing there, kissing and holding her. Not that dork face with pimples across his face.

Soon enough anger and jealousy kicks in and I feel my muscles clench in frustration. I need to punch something, now.

"Dude, are you alright?" Jimmy has noticed my rigid posture and pat my back to lighten me up.

"I'm fine." I say through clenched teeth as I stare at the guy holding my girl. She belongs to me and it seems it's about time I do something about it. I've just decided to walk up and punch the living shit out the dork kissing Sarah, when I remember our current relationship.

"Fucking hell." I mutter under my breath and think of the bet. If I walk up to Sarah now and interrupt, I will be the one having my ass kicked. I haven't seen Sarah kick-box live, but I know, from Karen, that she's damn good at it.

I stand there feeling helpless and confused as a girl comes up to me. She wears a crop top and black jeans over her long legs. Her brown hair is short and frizzy. She wears a heavy eyeliner over her almond eyes and have dark coloured lips.

"Hey, Jack." She purrs as she gets closer. Having no idea who she is, I raise a brow but don't tell her off. I need a distraction and this girl might be it. I don't have to do much for her to follow me toward the dance floor. A dark hello and a cocky smile does the trick and soon enough we're out on the dance floor, close together.

Now this is what I'm good at, getting girls to do exactly what I want when I want it. Meddling with emotions and shit isn't my thing. I position us on the dance floor in a way that makes it possible for me to keep a look on Sarah. They have stopped kissing and are once again hump dancing. It looks like shit if you ask me.

Waiting for the right opportunity, I bring the brunette closer with a hand on her back. Pushing her towards me and holding her in place, while keeping an eye on Sarah. Now she's talking and laughing with the dude. She decides to look around the dance floor and this is where I see my chance. When her eyes finally fall upon me they grow big, especially when she sees the girl in my arms. I seize my opportunity of revenge and bring the girl in for a deep kiss, which she welcomes. Satisfaction mixed with some other darker feelings spread trough my body, knowing Sarah's seeing this. Once we break apart I immediately turn Sarah's way. Her face is pale as a sheet, but her eyes burn with fury. Grabbing a hold of dork face she brings him to her lips and they start to make out as well.

I grunt as I watch the two go at it and when they finally break apart she looks my way with a victorious sneer. I squint my eyes, take on her challenge and somehow it turns into a weird kissing challenge. We each take turns to kiss our company deeply, only to immediately turn the other's way with a triumphal look. If it weren't for the fact that she kissing another guy I would enjoy this competition.

After awhile I completely forget that it's Sarah I'm competing against and not kissing. Which makes my kisses more passionate and deep. After having kisses the non-Sarah-girl in the most tender way possible, I turn to look at the real Sarah. What I meet is not something that brings me feelings of triumph. Her facial expression is one of horror and sadness, her eyes express what I felt earlier - like her heart has shattered into pieces. With a slight head shake of denial she lets go of dork face and run the other way.

"Sarah!" I scream and plow my way through the crowd. Sarah makes her escape up the stairs and I barely have the chance too see her do so. Even more people have decided to be on the dance floor and it takes me far too long time to get to the stairs. Once I reach them I rush upwards, taking two steps in one go. Finally I reach the top and start looking down the hallway, trying to figure if Sarah's gone right or left. Thankfully it isn't too long and I can see her walking towards one of the secluded rooms, where Jimmy wish for people to keep out.

"Sarah, wait!" I shout and start to run after her. I'm sure that she's heard me but she keeps walking with her back towards me. Once I am near enough I reach out and grab ahold of her, turning her my way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

388K 9.4K 30
Rebecca Thomas is new in town. She is cute, sweet and shy and hates being the center of attention. Everything seems fine before she starts her new sc...
3.2M 79.5K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
1.3K 46 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
3.7M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...