Lost and Found

By infinitelyoung

Alyssa is an what you can call an orphan. From foster home to foster home. She is always expressing herself b... More

Lost and Found
Lost and Found: Staying over
Lost and Found: Juvenile
Death faces Old faces
Chapter 6?!?
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Uhm idk what chapter! hehe
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Lost and Found: New home new life new.....

129 2 0
By infinitelyoung

*Alyssa POV*

It looked like some kind of mansion.

Scratch that more than a mansion like a friggin castle.

I knew right then that I wasn't gonna fit in. I mean this place probably has butlers and maids and all that fancy crap. Nothing for me. This isn't my style.

"Oh would you get out of the car already!" Lynn demanded.

There was just one problem.

I didn't want to get put out the car.

I wanted to keep my butt planted right here in this nice leather seat.

From a distance I could see about 4 figures standing in front of the house. I could see a figure lingering behind. I'm guessing a family of 5.

"Alyssa Hart Anderson Get your butt out of this car!" Lynn shouted.

Great use the full name.

Because I totally like that.

Not!!

Lynn opened the car door. 

"Alyssa get your ass out of this car your making these people worry." she hissed at me.

As if I care! I don't know them they don't know me. Let's just leave it at that.

"Alyssa!" Lynn groans at me. Whats got her panties in a twist. Oh yeah Rodger does. I am so forgetful sometimes. I could see Lynn's veins coming out.

Uh oh

That wasn't such a nice sign. Lynn goes nuts when her veins come out.  

I wasn't about to risk that so i reluctantly got out of the car, my light blue converse touching the cement. I stood up grabbing my backpack slinging it onto my shoulders.

Here goes.

Here goes the dumbest and weirdest part of the process.

Meeting the family.

I let my brown curls fall over my black tank top. I let my hands wonder over my dads dog tag. I clenched my hands around it. I brought it up to my lips and kissed it before tucking it into my shirt. I felt the coldness between my boobs as the necklace fell. I looked at Lynn who just grabbed my arm dragging me to my 'new family'.

Good luck with that Lynn, wearing those pumps must be a workout. I slowed my pace as we got closer. I kept thinking over and over in my head that I cannot get kicked out of this house. There is no way I'm leaving California. If I leave I leave everything. Which isn't a lot by the way. I leave my memories some that I want to hold onto forever. Others I just want to let go.

We approached the family. I couldn't see their faces because I refused to look up. I stared at my shoes that were moving inward.

"Alyssa" I heard Lynn's voice call me. I snapped my head up, removing pieces of hair that fell into my face.  

"Meet the Lindsey Family!" She continued splashing a fake sincere smile. I looked up taking in the new faces.

One stepped forward.

"I'm Rachel." a woman with straight brown hair and brown eyes said reaching get hand out. I lightly shook it. She looked about low thirties high forties. I'm guessing she's the mom.

A man stepped forward next. He had blond hair and brown eyes. He looked about the sane age as Rachel a little older though. "I'm Sean" he said shaking my hand.

Rachel continued, "This is Jason he's the oldest he's 18." Jason stepped forward with his dirty blond hair falling into his brown eyes. I reached my hand out assuming he was gonna shake it.

I assumed wrong.

He took me into a hug, patting my backpack, since it was in my back. My hands fell at my side not moving. Not hugging him back. He let go.

"He's the hugger of the family." Rachel said smiling weakly.

She pointed to a younger version of Jason except he had brown hair with blond streaks and brown eyes. He was cute, i could see his perfect toned abs coming out if hid tight white v neck he was wearing.  

"This is Hunter, he's 16, the same age as you."

I let my hands linger to the side bit knowing if he would hug my or shake my hand. Hunter reached his hand out. Shake it is. I connected my hand with his feeling a shock run through my hand. Hunter and I Iet go almost immediately. I'm guessing he felt that too, then. I ignored the look Lynn gave me.

"This is Miranda, the youngest at 11." Rachel said pointing to a girl with mid chest blond hair and soft brown eyes. Miranda came up and hugged me her arms wrapped around my waist. She was shorter than me. She hide her face into my stomach. I gently patted her back.

Miranda stepped back a little, her arms still around my waist. She looked up at me "I'm so glad there's another girl in this house I was dying living with brothers." I laughed a small laugh nearly audible. Miranda stepped to my side grasping hold of my right hand. I smiled down at her. I never had a sister nor a brother. If I had a choice I would love to have a sister. I felt a nudge at my left side I looked up at Lynn. Oh right I guess it's my turn.

"Um I'm Alyssa, 16." I said. There wasn't much to say. They will get to know me.... In the future that is.

Like I said.

They don't know me.

I don't know them.

"Great well let's go in side while, Rachel and I talk to Lynn, Miranda can you give Alyssa a tour and show her to her room." Sean asked. Miranda smiled brightly "Of Course!"

"Alyssa where's your bag?" Rachel asked. Okay did she bot see that I was carrying a backpack I font have many clothes if she hasn't noticed. "Uh all my stuff is in my backpack I don't have much." I told her. Sometimes I felt self conscious because I didn't have much. But, hey who cares what people think right.

"Oh...well that just won't do after you and Miranda are done how about we go shopping?" she asked brightly. I didn't want to be rude...who am I kidding of course I wanted to be rude. I want to do a lot of things that I can't do. But, I need to be nice this is my last home, or so I hope! "Uh...well Uh okay." I told Rachel. She smiled up at me. I put on a fake smile that I directed towards her.

"Come on." Miranda tugged onto my arm dragging me into the house.

Whoa, it's even bigger than outside. When you first step in the Family room is to the left the kitchen to the right. Miranda led me into the Family room first. It was nice two nice cream couches the wall to the left,and the wall behind the TV(which is big might I add) was made of a white brick. You wouldn't notice at first unless you look at it really good. There was a table in front of the couches. The TV lay in front of that. A fireplace was to the left of the TV. Wow these rich kids must love their life.

I felt a pull on my right shoulder as Miranda led me into the kitchen. It was nice a island lay in the middle with a light brown granite top. That color and style ran through the kitchen. The granite counters and light brown cupboards and drawers. Next, I was climbing up the stairs where bedrooms lay. She showed me where Jason and Hunter room was, but didn't let me inside. She said it was their orders to 'Stay Out'. Looks like I'm gonna have to find my way into their rooms.

Miranda showed me her parents room. Then led me into her room. It was pretty white walls, that was  

solders with paint it looks like she played paintball on her walls. It was very VERY colorful.

"Come on I'm gonna show you your room." Miranda pulled me. "Uh okay enough with the pulling and dragging I think your going to rip my arm apart if you don't." I told her rubbing my shoulder. "Sorry,it's just that I'm so excited." She led me to the room that was next to Hunters, across from Hers. We stood at the door for a few moments until Miranda spoke. "Well aren't you gonna open it?" "Oh right." I said stretching the 'h'.

I turned the knob, inside the walls were painted red the carpet was black. My bed had red covers with red and black pillows. A white nightstand on either side of my bed. A flat screen lay onto of a black table. White shades lay onto of the curtains. "Lynn said you liked red and black." Miranda told me I nodded opening a door. Wow a bathroom to. God I hate rich people! The closet was a normal closet. "Nice" I told her placing my backpack on the bed.

"Come on were not done I haven't showed you the best parts yet. She led me down the steps and unto the family room. Leading me to a door that was on a side wall in the room. Weird I didn't notice that. She pushed me through the door. "It's the basement it's usually where we just hang out." I stood still leaning against the door frame my arms cross. TV? Check. Computer? Check. Electronic Games? Check. Just a game room. I pushed myself off the frame and walled off not wanting to go any further. I don't know why I just didn't.

"Oh one more thing...the pool." "Pool?" I questioned. She led me to the left if the stairs where a door stood. She opened it. It led outside. A nice pool was eight there along with some chairs. "Nice" I told her walking out.

I walked back to my room. I've had enough of this rich family. I layed down on the bed. 

Finally.

E

Peace and

E

Peace and Quite

Until that glorious knock comes around. "Come in!" I yelled out. Jason's head popped out if the door.

"Hi" he said laying next to me.  

"Hey" I said. "Like the house?" he asked. "Yeah it's great" I mumbled. It really wasn't! I don't feel comfortable here. I feel left out and somehow abandoned. Well of course I'm abandoned that's the whole reason why I'm here. "Oh" was all he replied. "You might want to watch out for Hunter he wasn't all that happy about having you here. It's just an early heads up. He's stubborn but he'll come around don't worry." Hunter wasn't happy I was here? Well look at that we have the same mind. I got kinda ticked off that he didn't want me here. I didn't ask to be here. I don't want to be here. I don't know why I'm here. I don't know why I was abandoned. I don't know why I can't have the things that these people have. I don't know why people blame things on me I font know why my life is the way it is. I Just don't know.

Even though I was boiling on the inside. Bringing memories and pain back inside of my head that I didn't want.

I stayed silent. I listed to Jason talk about how he lived here while he went to school at UCLA. He was studying to be in Business. He talked about how he wanted to open his own shop, but he didn't know what he wanted to sell.

He eventually left. I stayed silent. Silent in a silent room. Another knock came on the door and I managed a come in. Lynn stepped into the room. Her orange hair pulled into a ponytail.

"Hey" she said sitting on the edge of the bed. "Hey, you don't have to give me the speech I know the drill" I mumbled. "Yeah I know I just came to say bye and to see how you were doing. Some reason you look a little off today." She told me. "I'm always off Lynn. It's just who I am. There's nothing I could do about it." I said looking at the ceiling.

"Don't worry you'll be eighteen soon and then you'd be free never have to see me again." She laughed.  

"I don't want you to go Lynn. I don't want to live the life I'm living. I don't want to be here I just...I don't know I'm just lost." I told Her.

"I know but you'll get through it you got to toughen up be strong just....just like your dad was and I'm sure he wanted you to be strong too." Lynn said pulling the dog tag out from my shirt. 

She flipped it over to the side that showed a picture of my dad. She then flipped it over to the other side where the words were. She started to read them off.

"Always be strong I'll be here whenever you need me. Your never lost always found. Love daddy." I whispered the last words with her. She stood up bringing me up with her. "I love you Alyssa you know that I'll always be here me and Rodger." She hugged me telling me to take care. With that she walked out of the room.

I missed my dad I missed him do much. He always told me to be strong and that crying never helps it just makes it worst because you feel as if you need to cry more when you really don't.

"Alyssa we're going shopping now get ready." Rachel's voice sounded outside. I managed an okay and walked into the bathroom. I splashed cold water into my face and checked myself. I grabbed my grey hoodie and put it on. I walked out of the door.

********

Ugh damn Rich people can shop. Rachel brought Miranda along and dragged me into practically every store in the mall. I got a lot of clothes some skirts and dresses Rachel managed to get me even after I refused. She slipped pairs of heels here in their. Rule #1 I am not a girly girl. No pink. No skirts. No dresses. No heels. I had taken a shower and changed into sweats and one of my dads shirts that says 'Go Army'. That's just about the only thing in my bag. About 20 different shirts of his. I never wash them I never want his scent to go away.

I lay there hearing footsteps coming up the stairs someone telling Hunter it was time to eat. I pretended to be sleep not wanting to be bothered. I wasn't hungry for that matter. I heard my door open and a few seconds later it closed. I sighed in relief.

I just needed to think. I walked over to the wall and sat in the corner. I pulled a picture of my dad out. He looked handsome in his uniform. His brown hair was styled back. His eyes oh his eyes. I get my eyes from my dad. They are a solid dark green color with grey specks going inward to the pupil. The pupil was a dark brown color. If your far away you might think my eyes were grey. But there identical to my fathers.

I hadn't released I was crying until I saw a tear drop on the picture. I hugged the pillow I brought from my bed and cried. It wasn't loud enough so everyone can hear. But it wasn't silent either. It's not only do I miss my dad but my mom to she hasn't been seen in 4 years. I'm a lost puppy. It's not good to be lost. My life isn't healthy. No one wants my life. I mentally depressed. Doctors tell me I'm just depressed. There's nothing they can do about me being depressed. I know one thing is for sure. I'm not depressed.

I am not depressed!

I refuse to be depressed!

I am not depressed!

I'm Lost...

**************************

I spent 3 hours working on this I found the perfect picture for Alyssa, I'm gonna put it up. If it's not there check the next chapter. Let me know if you like it an I need Ideas people. It's Still Summer for me I have all the time in the world.... Well except next week because I'm going to Florida and staying with my grandma and she doesn't have Internet or a computer Soooo... I might use my cousins computer but I doubt it so I'll try to upload soon. Until then.....

VOTE

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT 

COMMENT 

COMMENT

Buh bye ppl!!! Love you an read my other story Fighting my own twin battle I uploaded today!! Tell your friends HOLLA!! Lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.8K 38
Alyssa Derickson has the life she's always wanted. She gets to share her passion for art with the students she teaches everyday, has a loving and sup...
125K 2.6K 53
Alyssa, Ashley, and Adelina have been best friends for years. They've been in the foster system majority of their lives and come from a rough backgro...
908K 50.1K 40
When opposites attract and temptation lives next door. * After life throws Fallon Davis a curveball, she finds herself living in a dingy apartment...
103K 2.8K 38
Now that Alyssa is a supernatural creature like her friends, she doesn't have to worry about getting hurt and not being able to heal. But she still d...