Philophobia (Jonathan Crane...

By Vintagemusictaylor

Philophobia: the abnormal, persistent and unwarranted fear of falling in love or emotional attachment. The r... More

Disclaimer/Song List
Sweet Death Angel
I love you anyway
Red Lipstick
Misty Memories
Enigma
The Three Musketeers
One Noun: Love
Shattering Perspective
Sign Your Name On The Dotted Line
And It All Fell Down
Let Me Make My Choice
Blurry Mind & Clouded Eyes
Men Must Love You
I Want To Meet You Again
Normal Day?
Only Dreams can Turn To Nightmares
Stepping Through Doors
Castle On The Hill
Personal Update From Author

One Pronoun: Me

606 26 24
By Vintagemusictaylor

"Falling in love is easy. Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary." 

-Crystal Woods

"Cassandra."

Our names, two nouns, two words. Meaning nothing but everything at the same time. How could one name, one word mean so much to another human?

I stand there in my spot, my eyes growing wide, filling with tears and transfixed on him. My breath increases and the cold that I was feeling has left, a warmth spreads all over my body. He looks the same when I saw him this morning, yet everything feels so different being me, the girl that has been in love with him since college staring into those blue eyes. Eyes that are ones that look at me with more emotion than he cares to express to me in words. The blue eyes that are liquid pools to his soul and to his demon.

I find I'm lost for words looking at him, I want to hear him speak again, say something to me that will let me know that he's Jonathan and not Scarecrow.

"I'm not one for emotions. But I will say I miss you," he says slowly testing out my reaction.

I bite my lip, "How long have you been following me?"

"Well Bruce and I had an agreement. I was allowed to." He tries to come closer. That didn't answer my question. I move away, putting my arm out to protect myself from his toxic touch. "Cassandra I promised I would never hurt you again." His blue eyes grow larger, a hurt expression gracing his features.

"You did hurt me again," I say, some edge in my voice. He looks down at the ground.

"I don't mean emotionally. I meant physically. Clearly I hurt you emotionally," no amount of smugness appears in his voice. He looks up at me, his eyes searching my face for an answer, we should be able to read one another.

"Who are you?" I reply weakly. "Last time I checked Jonathan has taken a hike up the mountain and hasn't come down."

I wanted to sound angry when I said that. I wanted to scream at him, I wanted to push him. I want to hurt him. I would never be able to hurt him the way he did when he left me. But at least I thought physically "hurting" him would make me feel better. I know I would never really hurt him physically. I wasn't the monsters of his past. I was someone who loved him with everything I am, who wanted to understand everything.

"I come down on occasion. It's difficult." He replies, snapping me out of my angry thought process.

"So it's you I'm speaking with? You aren't fucking with me?" He rolls his eyes at my comment, looking up into the night sky and sighing.

"Scarecrow, right now, if it was him, would have already had his hand up your dress and pressed up against the wall Cassandra. I'm not him," Jonathan raises his voice at my accusation. My mouth falls open. "I thought by now you could..."

I don't let him finish his tirade, running to Jonathan and throwing my arms around his waist, letting out a whimper. He wraps his arms around my waist tightly, burying his face in my neck. I start to cry, hard and heavy tears flowing from my eyes. He squeezes me harder and smoothly rubs my back in small circles.

"I don't want to wake up," I whisper in between sobs, balling up his dress shirt in my hands.

"You aren't dreaming my love," he whispers.

"I love you. I love you so much," I hold him closer to me, as close as I physically can. I don't want there to be anymore distance between us, it's been too long. "You can't leave me. You can't just walk out on me."

"I love you," he says. "I don't- We don't want to leave you anymore. We need you."

"I don't want to hear what Scarecrow wants. I'll talk to him later," I pull away from Jonathan, putting my hands on his face. "I just want my lost boy," I smile gently and he returns it. I watch as his eye move down my face and to my neck where his ring sits on a silver chain.

"You liked it?" I catch the surprise in his voice that sounds like a whole mess of worry and embarrassment for sounding like a child.

"I love it as much as I love you," he glances up at me, looking through his eyelashes and straight into my eyes. A smile grows on his features along with a light red tinting. I look into those blue eyes of his and find my heart pounding in my chest, this must be what love is. The true kind...

He moves only a little bit to have his lips lightly grace over mine, I don't want to be forceful like I usually am, I let him lead, bringing me back into a deeper longer kiss, that makes all of my senses exploded.

I pull away a large smile on my eyes, his eyes dancing.

"Your apartment?"

"My cars around back," he nods his head.

I take his hand, intertwining my fingers in his and putting my head on his shoulder. We don't bother walking quickly to the car, just being able to touch one another in a small way is enough. We reach the car in silence, he quickly unlocks it and the two of us get inside.

He starts to drive, the speed limit of course, hasn't been able to touch me in a year and almost eight months still feels the need to be a good driver. Some Super Villain he is.

Even as I sit in the car, my eyes cannot stop looking at his face.

"You're staring," he says, eyes still on the road.

"Other than you I haven't seen your face every day for the past year. Some us weren't allowed." He rolls his eyes. "Don't start the sass that early," I warn him. He sighs, running his fingers through his hair, he glances over at me before his eyes go right back to the road.

"You still make me completely nervous," he responds honestly. A whole wave of tingling comes through my body and he does the same to me. Not because I don't feel comfortable with him, but because I love him so much... It's... I stop myself from thinking.

"Good," I lean over and press my rust lipstick lips on his beautiful jawline, pulling away to see a light reddening of his face. He coughs and clears his throat.

"I've come to the conclusion everything you do is on purpose to fluster me and render me completely inept."

"Smart man," I reply.

***

"Crane, just come the hell on. It's safe. I just did it myself," I whine at him, my head out the window, one of his shirts hanging from my frame, my dress a bundle on the floor.

"Debatable Cara," he replies, looking up at me. "I also weigh more than you do." I roll my eyes and think with an annoyed thought not by much.

"Get some balls and climb the fucking fire escape or I'm not letting you go near my temple," I hiss at him.

"Your temple?" He asks

"My vag-"

"I'm coming up don't finish the word." He goes to take a step.

"Glasses, I don't want you breaking them."

"I'm not uncoordinated Cara," he gives me an annoyed expression.

"Really Crane? Are we forgetting my first week of work when you split coffee all down my white dress?"

"My question to you is who wears a black bra in a white dress?"

I blush glad for once he can't really see my face, I bite my lip lightly and then reply, "Someone who wanted the guy she worked for to see how large her breast were and to have him remember that he could have had her if he didn't walk out on her."

"Did that plan ever think of the factor that I didn't care how large your breast were or no?"

"If you don't care why do your hands always find..."

"Alright shut up," he groans, taking off his glasses and putting them in his pocket.

I smirk, "I won this argument."

"Yeah, yeah," Jonathan sighs.

I can't help but keep the smile on my face, there was something magical about the idea that there we were two people who hadn't spoken in all that time and we picked up right where we left off.

He climbs the ladder with ease. As he reaches the top, I give him my hand and pull him in, me, forgetting this isn't Bruce I'm pulling, pulls too hard causing us to fall backwards, him landing on top. I hear the snapping of his glasses in his pocket

"Ow Jonathan," I mumble, his chest banging straight into mine. However I don't mind having him this close to my body.

"Your fault. I'm not 400 pounds like the Batman suit." He rolls away from me and the two of us lay on the kitchen floor. I start laughing and don't stop no matter how much I want to.

"What's so funny?" Jonathan asks, turning to face me.

"Everything," I laugh harder, my stomach in so much pain. "You and Edward being friends that's a development."

"You and him dating is very funny." That sobers me up a little bit.

I roll my eyes, "Oswald says I have a type." I roll on my side and he does the same.

"You do. It's tall, lanky, frail, glassing wearing men and Batman." I narrow my eyes at him, the ghost of a smile peaking from his lips.

"Wait Bruce doesn't get a description?"

"Batman is his description," Jonathan says with all the seriousness in the world. That gets me to snort and him to chuckle.

"When did you get a sense of humor?"

"When I really understood what it meant to be happy and then losing it because I couldn't let an idea go."

"Mm my Master of Fear had some character development since we last spoke."

"Say it again."

"Character development," I joke. He rolls his blue eyes.

"No."

"My Master," I get up on all fours and crawl to him, pushing his body back down on the floor, getting on top of him, "of Fear." I lean down inches from his lips, he closes his eyes, and I smirk. "I told you your glasses were going to get broken." Jonathan's blue eyes open.

He looks up at me and sees I'm on the verge of laughing. He starts to laugh, I feel it under my chest and I myself start to laugh, unable to act like an adult right now.

We stay like that laughing on the floor, me laying on top of him in his arms until we finally can't laugh anymore.

"I missed you," I bop his nose like I did when I was in college.

"I missed you more."

"We are going to have a long talk about taking care of yourself." I smile at him. "You need to sleep." He raises his eyebrows.

"Would be interested with helping me with that task?" I look away for a minute, giggling.

"Did you just basically ask me to have sex with you?"

"So is that a no?"

"You've been hanging around Edward too much," I roll my eyes and get up from Jonathan's chest, walking to the bedroom.

"Don't mention Edward right now," he grumbles, walking behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "It reminds me of the two of you."

"I'm not the same girl I was in High School. Arrogant, assholes with a narcissistic undertone are not my thing."

"Ah," Jonathan smiles.

I shut the door and he walks forward reaching for the first button on his shirt on my body.

Authors note: I wanted this short to give ya'll a happy Jassandra meet up. Thank you for reading! I love love love you!

I had a lot of ideas, one started with a fight, one ended with a fight, one had it be Scarecrow, one had it be Scarecrow tricking Cara into thinking he was Jonathan only to have her be disappointed. This is the one I picked because I feel like ya'll would kill me if I didn't. I also love it.

Song List:

"Come Back... Be Here" by Taylor Swift

"Goner" by Twenty One Pilots (Jonathan's theme song).

"Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum

"Make You Feel My Love" by Adele

"TV In Black and White" by Lana Del Rey

"Haunt- Demo" by Bastille (Theme song for book).

"You Are In Love" by Taylor Swift (This is Jonathan's and Cassandra's couple song. No one touch me. I'm saving this for a very special chapter)

"Right Thru Me" by Nicki Manaj

I couldn't find a exact song to match what I was feeling ugh I hate when that happens.

See you soon!

XOXOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.1K 31
Your school bus gets high jacked on the way back from a field trip by none other than the Clown Prince of Crime. You volunteer to go with him to Goth...
1.8K 62 13
No longer the target of Gotham's underground criminal organization, 21 year old Ianthe Thatcher has set herself free of the burden that put a price o...
42.2K 1.3K 33
*All the Madness We Share Book 1* Who was Jonathan Crane before he was the Scarecrow? Amber Connery knows. What did the eyes of the Scarecrow's child...
233K 5.1K 40
Dating the Joker (especially the hot, Heath Ledger-type Joker) is a dream of many Batman fangirls (me! ME!!!!!! But only if I can't have The Scarecro...