Lumos (A Draco Malfoy Love St...

بواسطة _starryeyes_

Valise "Val" Rosalind is a Beauxbaton Academy girl at heart. When her headmistress, Madame Maxime, gives her... المزيد

Lumos (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Nineteen Years Later
Afterwords from the Author

3

12.9K 268 25
بواسطة _starryeyes_

I awoke the next day and stared out the window. It was November, and already it was snowing. I stretched, then shivered, looking at the hearth in the girl's dormitory. I pointed at it and muttered, "Ignis." Orange fire ignited in the hearth and I sighed, slowly sinking into my comforting bed once more. It was Saturday, so I had no school.

The moment I closed my eyes, Draco Malfoy waltzed across my vision. My eyes shot open again and I sat straight up in bed. Oh, God, not again.

I sprang from my bed and ran to the bathroom, wanting nothing more than to rid my thoughts of Draco. Instead of taking my usual shower, I took a bath instead. I sighed, sinking deeper into the waves of the water. Soap came from the holes in the bath and I sighed, rubbing it along my goosebump-ridden skin. I glanced around the gigantic bathroom, wondering if anyone else was here. Luckily, I was alone.

After a while of soaking, I got out of the bath tub and wiped myself off with a towel before wrapping it around me and walking back to the girl's dorm. I picked out a pair of running shorts, then grabbed an under armour, long sleeved shirt. I then put my hair in a bun, then grabbed my messenger bag and walked to the common room, where people were already talking.

I looked around for Harry, Ron, and Hermione, but they weren't there. I walked through a few people, reaching the door and going downstairs. Maybe they were at breakfast or something.

When I got to the Great Hall, I sat and took a plate, serving myself with scrambled eggs and toast. I took a fork and began eating, and didn't notice that someone was next to me until I was done with my meal. That, and the fact that the person had said, "Someone's hungry," once I finished.

I jumped, then turned to face Draco, annoyed. "Draco, I am trying to eat," I muttered, annoyed.

"And I'm trying to figure you out," Draco replied with ease as he grabbed a glass of milk and sipped it. When I gave him a look, he smirked cunningly at me. "Do you not remember what I told you the last time we saw each other?" he asked. I rolled my eyes, but looked at him and gave him a "continue" gesture.

"Well, I plan to make you like me."

"That's likely," I snickered, brushing away a strand of blond hair. I narrowed my green eyes at him, but I got curious. "What makes you think you can persuade me?" I asked, hoping not to sound all that interested.

"Because I'm a persuasive person." He shrugged like it was no big deal. "I'm good at making people trust me."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay. How long have we known each other now, Draco? A week? And you still think you and I can be friends?" I chuckled mercilessly. "You have fun in your fantasy world. Be sure to tell..." I sighed. That comeback wouldn't work. Draco seemed to see I was lost for words and laughed. He tried to ruffle my hair, but I quickly avoided his hand, getting just enough time to see a tattoo on his left wrist. I got just enough to study it before he covered it up again.

It was a snake intertwined with a skull.

"Is that a...?" I looked straight at the tattoo, confused and a little frightened. I didn't know how young recruits of the Dark Lord, Voldemort, could be. I glanced back into Draco's icy blue eyes, blinking.

He wasn't smiling anymore. In fact, he looked a little confused himself. "Look...," he muttered, taking my right wrist. I didn't protest as I waited for his explanation. "I was Chosen for something. You can't tell anyone about this, all right?" He looked around. "Come with me. I want to show you something."

"Why should I trust you?" I murmured. Though no one was staring at him and I, I felt the need to keep my voice low.

"Because I'm a slightly trustworthy person," he said, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Fine," I said finally, getting up and grabbing my messenger bag, strapping it to my shoulder. Draco strode towards the door, and I followed him, curious. We went down another flight of stairs, which confused me because I thought we were already on the bottom floor.

Together, we strode through the halls. Suddenly, Draco stopped me and pointed up. I looked, confused. "Why are we staring at a bird cage?" I whispered. Draco didn't answer right away. His eyes were somewhere else as he grabbed my hand and walked my through the remainder of the hall. We were walking quickly.

Finally, we stopped at a stone wall. I glanced at Draco, but his eyes were closed. I turned back to the wall, and suddenly, it wasn't a wall anymore. It was a door.

"Draco," I muttered. He opened his eyes and smiled. Gesturing for me to open the door, I did as I was told. Together, we walked in. I looked around the messy room, and suddenly, a thought struck me. "This is the Room of Requirement, isn't it?" I asked, looking around in wonder. Draco nodded.

"Follow me," he said. We walked, and I realized we were still holding hands. I didn't try to take my hand away, mostly because it seemed Draco needed something to hold on to. And partly because I liked the security in having him so close to me.

When we finally stopped walking, we were in front of a wardrobe. I looked up at it, a confused look spread across my face.

"Guess what this is," Draco muttered, looking at me. We both reached to touch the wardrobe at the same time. I studied his fingers as he studied mine. Long, slender, and pale. Like the fingers of a piano player. I wondered if he had ever played before.

"Something dark," I muttered, trading my fingers over the intricate designs. I circled around the wardrobe, dragging Draco behind me as we walked in unison. "Something you're using for a dark cause." I looked back to him, only to see him nodding. He looked depressed and lost, not the cocky Draco I knew.

A lady will always comfort someone in distress, trustful or distrustful. Rule 102.

I gently rubbed his back, and he glanced at me. For a second, I thought he would pull away. I saw in his eyes that he was unaccustomed to being comforted. Finally, he gave in and sighed, looking down. "I didn't mean to gain your distrust. Honestly," he murmured. "In fact...I wanted to be friends with you."

"Let's start over, then," I said, letting me hand drop. I held it out to him, wanting him to shake it. "Val Rosalind. Nice to meet you."

Draco smiled. "Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. Pleasure." We shook hands, and for a second, our eyes held onto each other. Finally, I looked away, blushing.

Looking back at the wardrobe, I reached out to touch it again. "So...could you tell me more about the wardrobe? And about that tattoo on your arm?" I gave him a slightly annoyed look, so he gave in with a sigh.

"Alright," he said finally with a big, exasperated breath. "The Dark Lord chose me for..." He gave me a look of perplexity. "I don't know if I can tell you much, honestly, but I'll tell you what I can." He started pacing, so I took the chance to take in his appearance. Today, he was wearing a black, long sleeved shirt with black pants. His hair wasn't sleek, but instead unruly, which suited him better. His blue eyes were shining as he explained more of himself to me.

"The Dark Lord chose me for...a job," he said. "A job that could make or break him. And he chose me so that I could prove myself to him. See...I come from a family of dark wizards. My dad has always followed Voldemort-" I shuddered just slightly at the name, but tried to cover it up. "-and my mother follows my father. My aunt, Bellatrix, is basically the lieutenant to him."

"Bellatrix Lestrange?" I asked in pure shock. "Your aunt is Bellatrix Lestrange?" I had heard Bellatrix Lestrange had escaped for Azkaban last year, around Christmastime or maybe a little later. How could someone as poised as Draco have an aunt was crazy as Bellatrix Lestrange?

"Yeah, sadly," Draco said with resentment clear in his voice. "But, anyway, I was the next in line to service the Dark Lord. And...well..." He sighed, then looked right at me. "Can I trust you with something, Valise? Truly, can I?"

I gave him a look, then finally answered, "Duh."

Draco looked away, and I knew suddenly that he wasn't joking. I stared at him until he turned back to me. "I was chosen to kill Professor Dumbledore, " he said finally.

My gasp escaped my lips before I could contain it. "You're..going to...?" I was lost for words. I looked away, resting my head against the wardrobe to clear my thoughts. Finally, I whispered, "You're going to kill Professor Dumbledore?"

I felt Draco creep slightly closer. I didn't shy away as he gently comforted me by rubbing my back. I placed my head on his shoulder, which probably surprised him even more.

"I'm not going to kill him. At least, I don't want to," he whispered, and I feel his fingers playing with my hair. "It's just...Voldemort'll kill me if I don't. I don't know what to do. I..." He trailed off, and I looked up at him as he looked down at me. Slowly, I looked away and touched the wardrobe again. I felt I was in a daze.

I broke away from him, regaining my senses. "It was pleasant to talk to you, Mr. Malfoy," I said hoarsely before walking away, picking through the various items in the Room of Requirement. I could feel his eyes on my back, but I didn't care as I walked.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

50.4K 1.2K 22
Their Hogwarts years are finally over. Harry and Hermione are Head Aurors, and she's looking forward to a happy future with Ron Weasley, but when Har...
6.2M 167K 36
When Juliet Weasley tells people who her parents are, they can hardly believe their ears. All of the Weasley's have red hair, freckles, and belong to...
2.1K 9 14
Violet Potter's Second Year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry has begun. When Harry Potter and his best friend, Ron Weasley are almost ex...
824 65 30
(This story is kinda like a harry potter and george weasley fanfic put together idrk) Draco Malfoy's twin sister, Liliana, gets re-sorted into Gryffi...