The Forbidden Touch From the...

By charolle

She witnessed her parents disappearance. She saw what she never expected to see. Now she's alone. She must go... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 14

12 1 0
By charolle

Jule's head shot up quickly, mouth opened with a loud gasp. She checked her surroundings, lost. There was walls, and it was dark. She was on the ground, which was mucky and stained with who know what. Jule looked forward, pointy coral reefs blocked every way for her to get out. She was in some type of cell or dungeon. But...

She quickly clamped her mouth shut, realizing she was still underwater. But...why wasn't she choking? Curious, she opened her mouth. She wasn't choking, she was breathing! Breathing underwater. She thought for sure she had died, the disgusting mermaids had put something in her mouth. Just like how they did for- Ace!

She looked around, no sign of Ace anywhere. She looked out the cage, there were two large fish standing in front, on opposite sides of each other. They weren't mermaids, but mean looking fish. Eyes bulging on each side of the face, tail of a seahorse, ears of a human, tongue of a reptile. Jule didn't know who they were, but they looked weird. Jule touched the pointy corals that was blocking the entry, staring at the weird fish.

"Um, hey." She called, desperate.

They didn't answer, stood silent. She growled, she didn't have time for rude things. She wanted to find Ace, and these things weren't helping. It was a no bueno for her, and it probably won't be for them either if they don't answer. Jule reached for her sword, standing up. Thrusting it violently down on the corals, hoping they would break.

It did nothing, but set the fish guards on alert. They pointed a staff with a large sharp tip that looked like it could shred her to death, it was pointed in her direction. Slowly, Jule eased back. Placed her sword in its place, and took a few steps back. She was going to find another way out some different way, she had to get to Ace.

"Wait until the ceremony for you to be free."

Jule frowned when she heard that deep voice, looking over the fishes way, They were still, looked as if none of them had said anything. She eyed them suspiciously, somewhat determined to find out who had said that. Mostly one of them said she may be free at some type of ceremony. She looked at the one to the left, hopeful he had said that.

"Are the one that said that? Will you, " she gestured towards them with a small wave of her hand, "things are actually going to let me out of this dungeon or whatever it is?"

The one on the left nodded, but said nothing. It was the one that was on the right that spoke up, and had the deep voice she was looking for in the first place. "You may be free from this coral cell, but not with your life."

Jule raised her eyebrows, she didn't come to this world to die underwater. Although she felt her lips trembling slightly, she was still determined to find Ace and get the hay out of here. "Sorry, fish. I'm not dying today."

She saw the fish tsk, shaking its head. "My name is not fish, and neither is my friend right next to me. I'm Hu- "

"Nope," Jule interrupted, "I don't have time for greetings, I need to get the H-E-double hockey sticks out of here."

The fish tsked again, and now both turned back around to stand their post again. Jule growled angrily, they weren't helping and she was getting agitated. Frustrated, she banged the corals with her fists. After the first punch, she stopped. It hurt like hell! Shaking her hand in hopes to get out somehow alive, Jule sat down against the wall, thinking of ways she could make an escape.

***

BANG-BANG

Jule shot up as quick as a jet, looking around warily with her fuzzy eyes. She rubbed them, hadn't realized she had fallen asleep. Especially where she was captive, it was terrible. She looked out, there stood the two fish that were guards, opening the gate.

Jule widened her eyes in amazement, the gate was open. She took her sword, and ran towards their direction. They were nowhere near threatnened, they instead thrust their sharp staff in her direction, causing Jule to fall back hastily. As the fishes pointed their weapon, a much larger fish with identical faces as the other two came forth.

Jule widened her eyes, it was taller than her, taller than Ace, and who knows what. The big fish had bent its head in order to get in without further difficulty, and Jule was not comfortable. The other two fished surrounded the big fish protectively, Jule figured the big fish was their leader. Either way, it was creeping her out.

"You," the big fish spoke, voice throaty, "are to be brought into the ceremony where Queen Fisa will decide your fate."

Jule glared, even though she felt the fear rippling through her body. She was more angry than scared, she pointed an accusing finger at the big fish. "You or your queen will not decide my fate. Neither of you sicko fishes gave me life, so don't you have the right to take it away.

The big fish laughed hoarsely, along with the other two fishes. Jule felt herself giggling herself, she definitely thought this moment was ridiculous. Imagine it, literally three fishes are laughing in your face. Fishes that talk.

She then saw the fishes were no longer laughing anymore, but continued laughing herself. It was ridiculous, and hilarious. The moment became awkward, her echo was her laughter. And the fishes were silent.

Abruptly her arms were grabbed violently, and she stared with shock, writhing as much as she could. "Its called warning!"

They ignored her, and swam out. The big fish swam in front of her, and the others. Jule glared as they swam by rocks, clams, corals, sea creatures. She was aggravated, never in her life she would ever get this treatment. Man, she knew she hated this world.

Passing more of the homes, and stuff. Jule shrieked when she saw a mermaid pop right out of a clam, staring in horror. She heard low groans from the fishes, and curses. Jule didn't care they deserved a good scream right in their faces. Still, they continued.

Finally, they arrived at an opened space. But on the sides of the open space lies many of those ugly fishes which were the mermaids she loathed to see very much. She looked ahead, trying hard to avoid those ugly faces. But was only worse. Up ahead, sat a very big mermaid with gigantic lips in a high chair. Or shall she say shell. The shell was held by the fishes, straining to hold it upright. That mermaid was just as ugly as the others. Horrendous.

"Greetings young one," the big mermaid said, "I am Queen Fisa."

Jule wasn't surprised by that fact, it certainly looked liked it. But still..."That name is awfully too pretty for you."

Everyone gasped, literally everyone. The queen began to roar angrily. "Bring in the boy!!"

Jule widened her eyes as she suddenly looked beside her. Two other fishes were coming in, holding a unconscious guy by the arms with his head down. Jule knew exactly who had that disheveled blond hair. It was Ace.

Jule looked back at the queen, and she was smiling devilishly with a large hint of triumph, looking as if she won. Jule wanted to slap it right of its ugly face. The queen visibly relaxed in her she'll, making the fishes under it, making it more difficult to hold. The queen's eyes were staring straight at Jule's, indifferent to those around her. "I suggest you stop insulting me, or your handsome man here can suffocate to death."

Jule glared immensely, she didn't think she could take this without doing or saying anything rash. So there was only one thing to ask right now that she was curious of. "How am I breathing underwater?"

The queen kept her smile, leaning forward. "Wise choice to change the subject." Jule felt her eye twitch, but didn't say anything and waited for an answer. The queen seems to know because she was quiet for a long moment, silent daring for Jule to say something. Jule's hands itched, but she did nothing. The queen sighed a happy sigh, and continued. "You are breathing because my loyal servants placed a blackner pearl inside of you and your fellow man's mouth. You are able to breath underwater, for now."

Jule arch an eyebrow. "So you think you're going to kill me?"

The queen flipped her green tail, staring with the slightest amount of amusement. "Very resistant aren't we? I am not going to kill you, the water will."

"How? You just sai-"

"The pearl will wear off in at the end of the day. You and your man will die then. For now, it is amusing to see you here in my presence."

Jule now raised both of her eyebrows. "Excuse?"

"Simply, you are my pet today."

Jule writhed angrily from the fishes, but they held her tight. Still, she was no one's pet. The queen kept her smile even as a mermaid came forward to speak to her. Jule couldn't hear, and didn't care to hear. She turned to the direction of a still unconscious guy that was supposed to aid her on her mission.

"Psst. Ace."

He didn't even move an inch.

"Psst. Psst."

No movement. Jule groaned in agitation.

"Wake up, you buffoon!"

He stirred, only a bit. Still, it filled Jule with tremendous amount of hope. She smiled, willing to try harder. "Come on, Ace. I need you to wake up."

He slowly lifted his head, looking around with squinting eyes. Those eyes soon widened, and he whipped his head around as if he were looking for someone. Jule rolled her eyes, and couldn't help but smile. It was cute, seeing Ace so lost at what was happening.

When his eyes met hers, he sighed in relief. She was going to explain things to him, but he began writhing under the fishes touch. He couldn't even move five inches, and Jule became scared. She knew he would usually get out of a grip, but he couldn't. She frowned, something was wrong.

He writhed more, but couldn't get away. That's when Jule saw, she saw the claws stuck inside his right arm. The crimson was revealed, but not spilling. It weird, but still. She writhed violently, angrily looking at the fishes who held Ace.

"Get your stupid claws off him, or I will kick your sorry puny ass to the gr-"

She was suddenly pulled back to face the queen, she glared tremendously. Jule didn't care, she wanted them all to burn their nasty faces so she wouldn't see them anymore.

"Such foul language, I should have you drowned for that."

Honestly couldn't take it anymore, saying nothing would literally kill her. If she was going to die, she's going to sue with dignity. "I don't care," Jule looked around at all of them, "I should fillet all of you. Maybe you'll taste better than you look!"

Everyone gasped, and this time all the mermaid moved to get Jule. She widened her eyes, now she was scared. Her heartbeat was literally pounding out of her chest by this point, but there was nothing she could do. She heard Ace's grunts by didn't look at her way, knowing for sure that if she did, she'd be angry again.

A green blast shot up to above the water, and the mermaid's parted, making way for Jule to see what was going on. Jule frowned as she stared at queen holding a staff with a green crystal ball intact on top. Jule widened her eyes, maybe she was really screwed. The queen cast her gaze over at Jule, green eyes blazing with fury. Jule felt her lips slowly trembling, though she was not ashamed saying what she said. She had to get her feelings out, even if it may be her death wish.

The queen glared angrily, lifting up the staff. The mermaid cringed, but she ignored them. Her eyes were only on Jule's. "How dare you insult me and my people?!!!"

Jule didn't answer, but instead lifted her head to indicate she was confident. Even though that is not what she felt right now. Jule then opened her mouth to speak, but surprisingly someone else did again.

"She spoke her mind, felt the need to say what she felt. That," he smiled as he looked over her way, "is classic Jule."

Jule smiled widely at Ace, had the urge to hug him to death. But apparently, with the fishes holding her arms, she couldn't. But still, she mouthed thank you. Ace replied back with a wink.

A roar brought them both to see the queen's enraged face, from green to red. The queen swam up, roared so loud Jule thought she would be death. Just like she though she would've with Bigfoot.

"I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF!! NONE OF YOU WILL LIVE!"

The queen raised her staff, and Jule cringed as she closed her eyes, wishing she wouldn't have to die. A blast was sounded, and she shrieked. After a few moments, she frowned. She didn't feel dead, still breathing. She slowly poked herself, and felt her body. Confused, she opened her eyes. Immediately gasped at what she saw.

The queen was forced back, for a beaming blue blast came her way. Jule widened her eyes as she stared at who had done it. Another mermaid. Expect, this one wasn't...ugly. She was...beautiful. Blue silky hair tied into a fit bun held by a gold comb, blue eyes as clear as the ocean, thin, shiny light blue tail, face complex was gracious. She was marvelous, she also carried a staff in her hands, except the crystal ball were blue. Jule looked at the others right behind her. It looked like a huge army. There two, we're mermaids. Most were mermen, and they were hella cute. Jule widened her eyes, they all had different hair color, but eyes were the same. Others were the mermaid's with almost the same complex as the one who stood in front of them all. They were all beautiful.

The queen stared viciously at the beautiful mermaid, it somehow created a message for all of her mermaids to swim behind her. So they did, every last one of them. Jule suddenly felt a chill run down her spine, the vibe became tense. The beautiful mermaid faced the queen, and vise versa. It looked like an all out war between them, with their army right behind each of them. Jule stared, a bit absorbed. She looked from both sides repeatedly. It was basically a war of beautifuls vs the uglies.

"Queen Sera." The ugly queen spit bitterly, holding her staff upright. Jule stared at the beautiful mermaid, admiring the name.

"Hello, Fisa." Sera greeted, with a small bow of her head.

"You've invaded my home, that is not acceptable." Fisa said, clenching her fists.

Sera gave a small smile. "Yet, you've captured humans. That also, is not acceptable."

"Ooh, she told you."

Jule then clamped her mouth shut, shocked that she had said that. Both queens looked at her, one was glaring while another was smiling. She heard a chuckle, but it came from the good looking mermaids behind Sera. But, Jule could hear another. One she could hear very closely. She turned to the direction, and at what she saw. Ace struggling to stop laughing. Jule shook her head, looking back at the mermaids.

Fisa growled furiously, "You insolent human." She lifted her staff, and a blast came. Jule had no choice but to stay and let herself die, since her arms were grabbed. But then a blue blast blocked the other one from hitting her.

"Fisa, stop!"

Fisa turned to Sera angrily. "I will not. My people, attack!"

Jule widened her eyes. Uh-oh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.8K 2.9K 87
[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with urgency, at last pulling my bottom lip bet...
1.6K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
6.1K 236 17
Well Calorine is a rich, silly, carefree, beautiful but living a dead life. She's in great love with wine and drugs which consumes her into a life wh...
501 97 35
Someone's tricking him, playing with his life. He never realized that, he thought it was his fault the whole damn time. He was so much in misery that...