Goldmine [J.H]

By coultzy

"Goldmine" is the third book in the AFL series, drawing readers into a poignant and thought-provoking journey... More

Main Cast
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty Two
Twenty Three

Twenty One

84 12 0
By coultzy

Jesse
Today was our wedding day! It was finally here. "How's grace?" Angus asked as I told him about the scare we had.

"Turned out to be just wind!" I assured him as he helped me tie my tie. "Im twenty six and I still can't tie my own tie." I chuckle as I turn and see my mother and older siblings.

"Are you ready Jesse?" My mother asked, as my brother and sister smiled. 
I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, I had everything I wanted in this world, a wife, and a baby girl on the way.

I never thought I'd get married, not with Danielle anyways and it seemed like we were going to be meeting at the alter as strangers, but I'll be waiting for Bailey to walk down the aisle, I couldn't stop smiling, knowing that I'll have forever to spend with her. 

"Yes!" I smiled as we walked out of the room that we were in. I haven't seen Bailey in two days, and I miss her like crazy. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she walks down the aisle.

I walked out in front of Angus and saw my grooms' men. I had Finn, Jack, James, Nathan, Angus, Morgan, Dustin, Reilly, Andy, and Caleb as my groomsmen Morgan was walking Bailey down the aisle.

So, he had two jobs, which made him busy, but he was happy that Bailey was marrying someone special.I thanked all my groomsmen, while me and Angus walked towards the aisle, and the others paired up with Bailey's bridesmaids.

I reached the end of the aisle, and I was nervous, I kept fiddling with my jacket, I've never been this nervous in my life, I think it's the fear of being left at the altar.

I shook my head of the thought knowing that Bailey wouldn't do that to me, she loves me, and she'd be just as nervous as I am.

"You'll be alright Jesse." I nervously smiled at Angus's comment. "She'll be walking down that aisle, she loves you and she won't leave you at the altar."

Bailey
Amelia who was my maid of honour did my make up while Lucy and Gracie attended to my dress. My bridesmaids were Sophie, Indiana, Olivia, Brianna, Jenna, Meghan, Ruby, and Abby. Morgan my brother was going to walk me down the aisle and I couldn't breathe, I was so nervous, marrying someone is a lot scarier than it had seemed. 

"I'm so nervous, I can't even breathe." I confirmed everyone's suspicions. "What if it doesn't last?" I continued, looking at Brianna who did my hair. "What if I'm not good enough for him?" I continued, I was so nervous, I always wrote about me and Jesse getting married, but since this day is happening I don't know what the ending will be like.

"Jesse loves you." Indiana spoke and I was about to say something before she continued. "Haven't you seen the man you're marrying?" Indiana asked, pausing what she was doing. "If he didn't think that you were enough for him, he wouldn't be marrying you, he loves you."

"I have the man that I've always wanted, he's going to be my husband, and I'm carrying his child, I always wrote about these moments and I knew the ending, but now I don't know what's going to happen." I looked down at my engagement ring.  "It scares me knowing that he might realise he never loved me and leave us both."

"Bailey this is not a fanfiction, you're really marrying Jesse Hogan." Amelia added into the conversation. "If you're doubting yourself, then you doubt the love that he has for you." She added, and the other nodded in agreement.

After a few more minutes I was ready to walk down the aisle, my stomach huge and I smiled placing my hand on my stomach.

Amelia handed me my flowers and got into her positions along with everyone else. I wish that my parents were here, to see this, but that wasn't happening. Morgan and Meghan were the only family that I had here, that's all I needed, Morgan came up to me and looked gobsmacked at my appearance. "Bailey, you look beautiful." He looked me up and down and kissed my cheek, linking our arms.  "You look amazing baby sis." I smiled pulling him in for a side hug.

"Ready? My baby sis, all grown up." He smiles, kissing my cheek. He rose his arm for me to take and I took it, I was so nervous and each step we took to the doors my heart beat increased its pace. "If your seventeen-year-old self could see this, she'd be so happy for you." I smiled and nodded looking at him, he was my everything, it was me and him since were fifteen when our parents died, so we bonded well.

"I'm nervous Morgan." I told him, he just grabbed my hand and squeeze it. I have never been more nervous in my life, than I am now.

"Don't be, I'm right here. I'm always going to be right here." Once we reached the doors, we stopped. I took the biggest breath before they opened, and my bridesmaids walked along with the groomsmen. "I'm always going to be right here." Morgan added

"Here we go, I woke up his fiancée, tonight I'm going to be as his wife." I told Morgan as I faced him, giving him a hug before the music played and it was The Good Ones by Gabby Barrett. Morgan and I walked down the aisle. I looked up and saw Jesse standing there, he looked perfect, his hair was styled back, he stood there in his blue suit wiping his eyes, I looked at him in pure love, I loved him so much and everything was perfect. Jesse looked like a prince, and I felt like a princess, I was marrying my best friend, everything was just like I hoped for.

Morgan and I reached Jesse and Morgan kissed my cheek and Jesse reached out his hand for me to take and I took it and walked up to him, handing my flowers to Amelia.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Jesse Hogan and Bailey Daniels." I just looked at Jesse, he smiled, and I returned it. It was like it was only us two in the world, everything else just disappeared. "Now I understand the couple have written their own vowels." Jesse and I nodded, and he let go of my hands and reached into his pocket.

"Bailey without you I'm half a man, and when I'm with you I'm more than myself. I love you more than any words, metaphor and action could ever express." Jesse paused, I rubbed his hand that held mine with my thumb, trying not to cry. "If it wasn't for your constant posting and expressing your love to me, I'd never realise that you're the one that I want to spend every single second of my life with." He added. "I may have been difficult when we first met, but we fought though some tough times and I'd never get through that if I hadn't had you by my side, I will always love you and I now vow in front of everyone, to make my life forever yours, and be the best and faithful loving husband and soon to be father with you, because if your by my side, I can achieve anything." I smiled wiping my eyes, to try and stop my crying, he could have said anything, and I would cry.

"Now Bailey." I nodded and Amelia handed me the vows that I had written down on a piece of paper and I opened it and read them out.

"Everyone knows that I loved you since I was seventeen, everyone knew that I'd never marry you or have a child with you." He chuckled and that earnt a chuckle from everyone. "Who knew that I'd be standing here today marrying you." I smiled pausing before continuing. "Every day since then you've been the one that I lean on, I made through my youth into the woman I am today because I had you, you may have not known me existing, but you were my already the one who held my heart, you held more than I'd ever give anyone else." I paused again looking at the love of my life who stood in front of me.

"When I fell, you weren't there to catch me, but that's okay because I fell harder for you when you caught me, now every time I fall you're always there to catch me." I paused again. "I knew that I'd never have to go looking for my other half when I knew that you were my other half." I paused again, flipping the page over. "Jesse I am yours and I'll be yours forever and a day, I'm yours to hold in your arms, I'm yours to spend every single second of the day with." I paused I was nearly finished. "I was told to chase my dreams, and you were my dream, and now I'm living the dream, now you can take my heart, love me forever, and I will never leave your side." I paused and looked at him, through my veil. "I vow from this day to love you in sickness and in health, in good and the in the bad, this is easiest promise I could make, because I vowed to love you forever since the day I met you." 

Jesse

"Now repeat after me." The priest asked and I looked at her waiting for the priest to say what I had to say. "I thee Jesse Hogan." He says and I smiled looking at Bailey who stood in front of me and all I wanted to do was kiss her.

"I thee Jesse Hogan."  I repeated, looking nowhere then the beautiful lady in front of me.

"Take you Bailey Daniels to have and to hold until our days are done." I told her, taking her hands in mine. "Promise to be faithful, until our days are done." With that I slid her wedding ring on her finger.

Bailey looked at the priest. "Now Bailey, I thee Bailey Daniels." The priest smiles looking at Bailey.

"I thee Bailey Daniels take Jesse Hogan." Bailey repeated what the priest said. I wanted to kiss her so badly she's so perfect. "To be my lawfully wedded husband, to love and to hold until our days are done." Bailey paused and then continued. "Promise to be faithful, until our days are done." I smiled and she slid my wedding band on my finger.

"Do you take Jesse Hogan do be your lawfully wedded husband?" The preist asked and she nodded.

"I do."  I smiled at her and faced the priest.

"Jesse do you take Bailey Daniels to be your lawfully wedded wife?" I nodded and smiled wide.

"I do." I smiled there was a pause for a second.

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife, Jesse you may kiss your bride." He tells me and I pull her close to me, before dipping her down, lifting her veil, and pressing my lips against hers, she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me back.

"I love you Bailey Hogan." I whispered against her lips, before kissing her again.

"I love you Jesse Hogan." She whispered back, as I picked her up and carefully spun her around.

Bailey
At the reception and Jesse and I sat next to each other, holding hands on top of the table. "Mrs Hogan, my wife, the love of my life." I smiled and kissed his lips, he pulled away and held my stomach and the other held my hand.

They were making speeches Morgan and Meghan had just given theirs and it was beautiful with a little bit of humour. "Once again congratulations sister, I still can't believe you married your football crush, well I guess he's your football husband now." I looked over at Jesse, who laughed and kissed my cheek. Jesse turned to talk to his mother while I turned to face Morgan who walked and sat beside me, I gave him a hug and he smiled.  I pulled out my phone and saw that Morgan had posted the wedding photos on Instagram and tagged both Jesse and I in it, I've not yet changed my name on Instagram, but Morgan had already posted the photos up.

(Swipe across)

...

@morgandaniels: Congratulations to the happy couple, I finally have a brother. I wish you all the best and will forever be super proud of you love you sis, and welcome to the family Jesse, love you too bro. @bdaniels @jessebhogan

Likes: 87,545

Comments: 17.509

@hardy: Congratulations so proud, wish I could have been there.

@username: Congratulations

@username: wow, I love your dress and congratulations.

@kanebrown_music: Congratulations, I bet it was beautiful

@mirandalambert: Congratulations @bdaniels and I hope you and @jessebhogan spend happy days together.

@gabbybarrett_: @morgandaniels told me that you had The Good Ones the wedding version as the song you walked down the aisle, I'm forever touched, I love that, you look beautiful, I hope you @bdaniels and @jessebhogan have a long and happy marriage.

@bdaniels: in reply to @gabbybarrett_: It's such a beautiful song, thank you for writing it.

"Now go and have your first dance with Jesse as husband and wife." Morgan demanding it, of course he would as Jesse reached for my hand, Morgan put on I See You by Leona Lewis, I smiled and accepted Jesse's hand.

We made our way to the dance floor, and I placed my hand on his shoulder. While he placed his hand on my waist pulling me in closer.

"I see you, I see you, walking through a dream, I see you, my light in darkness breathing hope of new life." I whispered as I laid my head on Jesse's chest.
"Now I live through you and you through me, enchanting, I pray in my heart that, this dream never ends, I see me through your eyes." Jesse continued as he pulled me in for a kiss. "Breathing new life, flying high, your love shines the way into paradise." I smiled throughout the kiss.

"So, I offer my life as a sacrifice, I live through your love, you teach me how to see all that's beautiful." I laid my head back on Jesse's chest as we swayed to the music, he pulled me out and then pulled me back in. "My senses touch your world I've never pictured, now I give my hope to you, I surrender, I pray in my heart that this world never ends." He spun me around again and I smiled, we've been practicing this dance, for a while.

"I see me through your eyes, breathing new life, flying high, your love shines the way into paradise." I whispered as we slowed down our waltz and smiled at one another. "So, I offer my life, I offer my love for you, when my heart was never open, and my spirit never free, to the world that you have shown me." He leaned down and kiss me and whispered against my lips. "But my eyes could not envision, all the colours of love and of life evermore, evermore." Jesse spun me around again, and I leaned my back against his chest, and kissed a spot on my neck, and I rested my hand on the back of his neck.  "I see me through your eyes, breathing new life, flying high, your love shines the way into paradise, so I offer my life as a sacrifice."

Jesse and I faced one another as the song ended. Our foreheads leaned against one another, and our lips pressed against one another, Jesse whispered the final three lines against my lips. "I live through your love, I live through your love, I see you
I see you." As the song ended and everyone cheered, I just stayed where we were.

"Jesse, I love you so much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 6.5K 42
SOCIAL MEDIA: INSTAGRAM + S.S @sebastianstan- isn't @lydiajenkins adorable??? @lydiajenkins- seb, I swear.... @sebastianstan- why am I not in this p...
222K 3.9K 41
❝ i'm not gonna write you a love song 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one, you see i'm not gonna write you a love song...❞ [ lowercase int...
6.5K 349 59
A tell of two people you would never think to be together falling in love.
214K 3.9K 56
I never knew what love was.. until I found you. - An Andrew Siwicki Love story-