Running~A Leo Valdez Fanficti...

By doodles14

This is a story of how Leo Valdez runs away from CHB. The cover idea was from Always_Love_Books go read her... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Sequel

Chapter Eight

9.9K 274 603
By doodles14

Leo's POV

"Are you okay Leo? How much did you hear?" Jason says looking at Nico once he realizes I'm not talking.

"All of it." Nico answers for me.

"Look, man-"

"I'm a freak." I say, my hand shaking on the unlocked window.

"No, your not. Don't listen to-"

"I'm a runaway."

"Leo, stop listening to him, he doesn't know yo-"

"I'm troubled."

"You're fine. Leo just forget-"

"I'm," My shoulders are now trembling. "A murderer."

"No! Leo your not a murderer." Jason says firmly.

Tears resume falling down my cheeks. "I don't want to be a murderer."

"You're not-"

I shake my head repeatedly and apologetically.

"I'm sorry I'm a murderer. I don't want to be. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apolog-"

"And I'm sorry I'm a runaway. I'm not normal. I'm sorry. He said I'm troubled-"

"Leo," Percy says taking a step forward. "St-"

"I'm sorry!" I scream, still facing the window. It's now raining.

"I'm sorry I'm different. I'm sorry I don't have a normal life. I'm sorry I steal, I'm sorry I'm a thief."

Percy grabs my shoulders and turns me around. "This is nonsense-"

"I'm sorry I lie to you!" I take a step back, my hand once again on the window. "All of you, all the time, I'm sorry I'm a liar!"

They just look at me.

"I don't want.."

"What?"

"I don't want to be different, Percy! I want to be normal, I'm sorry."

I don't even know why I'm apologizing...I'm just sorry I can't be the friend they always knew and want.

"Jason.." I take a ragged breath and look up. "I don't want to be me."

(A/N y'all crying yet?)

Nico stays in the shadows and I can't see his expression. Piper and Hazel and crying. Frank and Annabeth are comforting them.

Percy and Jason are trying to help me. Trying to always be the heroes.

"I don't need you guys," I mutter. "I don't need your help. I need..."

My eyes flicker to the window.

I sigh and rub my face.

I look up tired and go for my signature crooked grin.

"It's too late to go back to normal, huh?"

Fake smile. Fake smile. Fake smile.

"Yeah." Percy says bluntly.

I groan frustrated and duck my head.

"I'm sorry guys," I say honestly meaning it. "My life is...I'm such a mess." In one swift move, I opened the window and looked at anything but them.

"Just say the word and I'll be out of your life forever."

"Where would you go?" Piper asks and a punch in the face would have been less painful.

So, they aren't worried about me leaving. They don't care. They're just curious about what will happen to me. 

I'm just an interesting story and they want to know what'll happen next.

Hopefully, my pain didn't show.

I shrug, struggling to keep the smile on my face. "Probably make my way to LA. I've been there a few times and it's not all bad."

"That's across the country." Frank says shocked.

I shrug again. "It'll take awhile but it would keep me busy. Distracted."

"Why are we even having this conversation." Percy snapped. "Leo's not going anywhere."

I laugh bitterly. "And you're going to stop me?" I ask with no hope.

Because hope is a dangerous thing. So if you don't have any there's no way of being disappointed.

(A/N well if your not crying, I'll make some feels for ya>:)]

"If I have to." Percy replays meeting my gaze, and I look away.

"Look, Percy, you don't have to be the hero this time. Just let me go-"

"You don't get it! It's not about being the hero." Percy says slightly glaring at me. "When you run away you're not just hurting yourself-"

"I'm fine-"

"You're hurting everyone around you." Percy challenges me with his voice. "I don't want to loose a friend. Jason doesn't, Piper doesn't, Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, we aren't on the edge of our seats hoping you'll run away."

Now he sounds disgusted, and I don't have anything to say.

No comeback.

"We aren't waiting for you to leave so we can jump around with balloons and cake. If you leave think about what that'll do to your best friends."

"Stop thinking about yourself for once and pay attention at what will happen if you go."

I'm at a loss for words, I know surprising right?

But Percy's right.

This whole time I thought I was doing this for my mom, for the few friends I've made.

But in reality, I'm selfish.

I've been running away for me. No other reason.

I've run away to get away from bullies, gangs, foster parents who were jerks...most of all my mom.

All these years, I've been avoiding to think about her. I've never properly mourned for her. I was never given... I never gave myself the chance to.

Percy sighs, and his tries to control his anger. "You've already left us once Leo. We all...we missed you. We looked for you. We cried for you. Doesn't that count for anything to you?"

I stare at my shoes, my hand fingering the edge of the window.

The way Percy put it... I'm a serious jerk.

"Sorry." I say softly. I try not to but I glance at him suspiciously.

They actually looked for me? I doubt they missed me... I bet Percy's making this up, trying to make me stay. So then he could make fun of me... yeah, that's why.

He wants me to stay so he can have someone to make fun of.

But what if... what if he's different.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

"Sorry. I'm so so sorry. I just...I'm such a mess! I can't...I'm just so sorry. I just don't understand."

"What don't you understand, Leo?" Jason asks, finding his voice.

"You." I say opening my eyes, and nervously tapping my fingers.

"People. "Human life forms". I don't get the way you think. I'm a freak. Like seriously. I don't think the way you guys do. I always expect the worse, but you guys seem better."

I shake my head a few times then continue.

"I don't know I have major ADHD and dyslexia, this is just me rambling. Um, I just don't get it. I guess it might be a Hephaestus thing, might be a stupid-Leo thing, who knows."

I rub the back of my neck and shrug.

"I just don't get it. I doubt you guys know what I mean, and yeah I know it's stupid but it's hard to live that way."

My voice cracks and I glance back at the window.

"I'm-"

I yelp as Piper unexpectedly hugs me.

I try to push back but she has my arms on my sides as she quite possibly squeezes the life out of me.

"I!" I gasp and struggle to get free. "I like to breath! Thank you very much!"

She pulls back and gives me a sisterly kiss on the cheek.

I jerk back and accidentally hit my head on the wall.

"Oww..."

"Idiot." She teases me but gets serious.

"Look, Leo. I don't know what happened in your life. I highly doubt I know even half of your troubles-"

I think about all the foster parents who were jerks.

"But we love you, Leo. Your part of our family. You're my best friend. So I don't care what happens, heck! Gaea could come back, whatever! You'll be there with us. Side by side."

"Together."

I stare outside for a while.

But with an uncertainty, I nod and shut the window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 12.6K 60
In a world without demigods, Annabeth Chase has been on the waiting list to check out a book for months. As it turns out, none other than Percy Jacks...
24.1K 381 24
It's been two years now, since it happened. Since he lost the most important person to him. Furious with the gods, Percy has separated himself from h...
15.6K 398 21
All Leo wants is to be with Calypso. He gets his wish as a reward for helping save the world. But will his wish last forever? Will the gods take pity...
11.7K 370 30
✦ πŒπˆπ‚π‡π„π‹π‹π„ π…πŽππ“π€πˆππ„ has no idea what's going on. First, she's dropped off the Grand Canyon, then literally Death claims her as his ow...