Oh, So Now You Want Me?

Od BlackDrop

Rainie Harper was like every other wolf who dreamed of finding her mate. A mate who loved her and made her s... Více

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five - Mason's POV
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight - Mason's POV
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven - Mason's POV
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - Mason's POV
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty - Mason's POV
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three - Part One
Chapter Thirty-Three - Part Two
Chapter Thirty Four - Mason's POV
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty - Part One
Chapter Forty - Part Two

Chapter Thirty Five

279K 5.7K 1.2K
Od BlackDrop

Guys please check out Good Bye, Good Girl  @YouMadeMyDay and The Girl of your Dreams @Roseling12

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome sweetheart @shaliniagg Happy birthday for Wednesday lovely, have an awesome day

The beautiful banner to the side is made by @Read_Write_Eat Thank you so much!!

Chapter Thirty Five

Rainie's POV

"Why the hell is she opening that?" Mason groaned, throwing his arms into the air. "Seriously, what is wrong with that chick?"   

I shrugged even though his eyes weren't on me. "She has to go in, that's the whole point. If she didn't there would be no reason to make it into a movie."

Throwing me a glance over his shoulder, he smirked. "Yeah, I know that, but why can't they make it realistic? I mean, you would go into that house knowing there was a woman possessed by the Devil in there?"

"No, but I'm normal." Keeping his eyes forward, he scoffed at my response. "Are you saying I'm not normal?"

"Of course you're not." He turned again, this time to flash me a one sided smile. "You should be scared out of your mind, wanting to be close to me and have my arms wrapped around you in case anything bad happens. Instead, you smiling like a weirdo."

It was obvious that was the image Mason conjured up in his head when he decided we should watch a horror, but unfortunately for him, I loved a good horror movie. He on the other hand, didn't look too confident. "I think it's you who needs comforting." I teased.

His brow rose at my remark and a smirk sat gracefully on his lips. "Are you saying I'm scared, little kitten?" I nodded my head firmly. "You should be careful, sweetheart." His voice lowered causing the little hairs on the back on my neck to stand on end and the familiar warm, tingle of pleasure to seep through my body.

Without giving me a second to prepare, his hands went straight for my waist. "Stop it!" I laughed. The torturous wandering of his hands didn't stop. "Mason, stop tickling me!" I cried out again, my cheeks sore from the wide smile I wore.

"Not until you say I'm the strongest, bravest wolf in the world." He laughed.

Shaking my head, I tried to wriggle out from underneath him, but it was no good. His hands held tight on to my waist as he pulled me down on to the couch until I was lying flat and his body was half covering mine. "My parent's always told me not to lie." I said jokingly, through gasps of laughter.

His low, deep chuckle turned into a hearty laugh. "Well that's the deal." My ribs were sore from laughing and tears were falling freely from my eyes. "You admit that and I'll let you go." Knowing that if I were to say those words, he would never let me forget it, I decided instead to place my hand on the back of his neck and bring his lips to mine. 

My eyes closed and I could feel his hands had frozen on my stomach, his lips unmoving. It wasn't a deep kiss and it wasn't filled with the lust and need they usually are, but it was soft and sweet. Slowly moving my head back, my eyes opened to immediately meet his. "You didn't play fair." He stated, his voice filled with a little accusation and surprise.

My lips curved ever so slightly. "I guess not." I lifted my head until my face was inches from his, "I should probably take that kiss back then." I whispered, before pressing my lips against his in the same, soft way I had done just a moment a go.  

For a brief second his lips were as still as they had been, but he quickly recovered and returned the kiss. My stomach was doing all kinds of dances and somersaults, and my heart was raging against my chest. No matter how long I had spent with Mason or how many times we kissed, those feelings would overwhelm me every time and I suspected that I would never quite get used to them.

A few moments later, we broke apart and Mason rested his forehead against mine. "You have no idea how much I wish everything was different, Rain."

Different? "What do you mean, different?"

"Just easier, you know." He lifted his head and dropped a kiss on the tip of my nose before sliding his body off mine and positioning himself behind me. He turned me around to face away from him and wrapped his arm around my waist. "No fight, no different packs. Just us and no one else."

"It can be like that." I tried to reassure him, though I had no idea where this was coming from.

His nose brushed against the nape of my neck a second before he pressed a kiss there. "No it can't, Rain and we both know it. We're not like other mates. Even the beginning of our relationship wasn't straight forward."

Saying it wouldn't help the situation, but I couldn't stop myself from thinking that he was right and that we would have had a straight forward start if he hadn't have acted like a complete moron.

His low chuckle caught my attention. "Don't be afraid to say it. You're right." 

Looking over my shoulder at him, a shy smile graced my lips. "I'm sorry, I really don't mean to keep thinking things like that, but I just can't help it sometimes."

"Don't apologise," He scolded lightly. "A few true words aren't nearly as bad as what I did to you." Tightening his arm around my waist, he pulled my body closer to his. "Are you scared about the fight?" I could feel the emotions he had from asking that question and I could sense that no matter how hard he tried to force himself, deep down he didn't want to know the answer.

"Yes." I whispered. There was no point lying and pretending everything was going to be okay. Neither of us could guarantee that. "Are you?"

After minutes of silence that felt more like hours, he finally gave me an answer. "I wasn't until now."

I had no idea what he meant and from the silence that followed, I took it that he didn't want to elaborate. Turning my body until I was facing him, I wrapped my arm around his neck. "You've got an incredible pack, Mason. It's one of the strongest, most successful in the world. If anyone can take on the Redbloods and defeat them, it's them."

My words didn't seem to have an effect. "By the time we fight them, my dad will have stepped down and everything will be on me." For the first time since I had known him, Mason looked scared. Not nervous, not anxious, just scared and lost. He felt weak and doubtful, two emotions I had never dreamed Mason would feel.

I wished that I could do what Bella does to lighten the mood. She would know the perfect thing to say right now. Taking a deep breath, I lifted his head until his eyes met mine. "You won't be on your own. You'll have Cole as your Beta. Yeah, your dad mightn't be Alpha anymore, but he will still be there. Nicky will be there and Alpha Peter. They won't let you down." There was still no confidence in his eyes. "Richard has worked so hard to get everyone ready for this, he knows what he's doing and he's one of the best trainers any of us have ever known. You need to start believing that you can do this Mason, because if you don't, no one else will believe in themselves."

He gave me a dimpled smile. It was small, but it was just what I needed from him. "Do you believe I can do it?"

"Of course I do." I answered, not missing a beat. I had no doubt that he could do it. Mason was an Alpha through and through.

"Rain I want to ask you something and I want you to tell me the truth," My stomach jolted with his words. "It's just me and you here, okay?" I nodded. "I would do anything to keep you away from that fight, Rain. I know it's your duty, but you're my mate and I don't know what I'd do if you were hurt. Say the word and I'll make sure you stay back." His eyes bore into mine. "Do you want to fight next to us?"

He was giving me a way out. Did I want it? My mind raced with images and scenarios of what would happen in the fight. Almost too many to keep track of. My parents are going to fight, would they be hurt? My best friends will fight, but would any of them come back? My mate will be leading the fight, would he be the first to go if it all went wrong? Could I stay back and wait for everyone to return knowing people I have grown up with and loved might not come back at all?

There was nothing left to think about. I knew what my answer was. "I want to fight."

There depth of sadness that crossed his eyes hurt me and my wolf, but he was quick to hide it from us, instead giving me a bashful smile. "Then will you fight as my Luna?"

To say my heart stopped beating for a full thirty seconds wouldn't be a lie. "I'm sorry, what?" Maybe I misheard.

He pulled my body even closer, leaving a quick kiss on my lips. "I want you beside me as my Luna, leading our pack into the fight."

If I thought my heart had raced before, it was nothing compared to what was happening inside my chest now. "A-are you sure?"

Mason's deep chuckle rumbled in his chest and vibrated against mine. "Of course I am. I've never been more sure of anything."

The sensations pulsating through my body were nothing compared to what was going on inside my wolf. If it was possible, I would have said that her body had exploded.

Unlike the many times before she wasn't just overcome with lust and need for Mason, but something else. Something so much stronger than I had ever felt and it didn't take me long to figure out what the alien emotion was.

It was Love.

My wolf had completely fallen in love with Mason and his wolf.

The strength of it was making me light headed and without warning, my eyes started to fill with unshed tears. Seconds later, they were trickling down my face. "What's wrong?" The concern on his face only further surged the feelings my wolf had.

They were feelings I wasn't ready for, feelings I didn't want to share yet. "Nothing," I sniffled, feeling completely idiotic. "I just..." I trailed off, having no idea how to explain it or what I could say to cover the real reason I was crying. "I have no idea what's wrong."

"Do you want me to take you home?"

I shook my head. "I just need the bathroom and I'll be fine." It was the first thing that came to mind, but at least it gave me the opportunity to get myself together.

After Mason showing me where it was - I never would have found it on my own in this maze they called a house - I closed the door, remembering to flick the lock and fell to floor. Hugging my knees, I rested my chin and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. My mind washed over everything he had said to me.

He asked me to be Luna.

Not only did that mean accepting me as his mate, but also declaring to his pack that they would have a new Luna.

Why didn't you say yes? My wolf's elation had fallen.

It was her fault I couldn't think properly when he asked me. I didn't know what to say.

You're pushing him away. Her voice was accusing. He's trying to do what any honourable mate would do and you're throwing it back in his face.

Her stupid remarks were definitely something I didn't need right now. You don't know what you're talking about. How the hell am I pushing him away? I forgave him for what he did to us, I let all that pain and embarrassment go. Why would I do all that and then change my mind?

She never spoke. Good. I didn't want to hear what she had to say, she was completely wrong. However, that didn't mean her feelings were any less powerful than they had been minutes ago.

My whole body tingled with warmth and excitement. My stomach dipped every couple of seconds and my heart was still beating faster than usual. When people find their mates, it is often written that they feel complete.

They had no idea. This was so much more than that.

It was a feeling of happiness and having no reason or explanation for it. A feeling of safety and confidence because there was someone who loved you for you. A pleasurable nervousness of the unknown. A hope for something perfect and endless.

Getting to my feet, I checked myself in the mirror and once I had removed the last traces of tears from my face, and ran my fingers through my hair, I unlocked the door and stepped out coming face to face with Mason.

He stood, resting against the opposite wall with his hands behind him, his legs crossed at his ankles and his head bowed. I cleared my throat, smiling sheepishly. "I'm sorry about all that," I waved my hand through the air. "I don't know what happened."

Pushing himself off the wall, he closed the distance between us and rested his hands on my hips. "Don't worry about it." He kissed my forehead. "Are you feeling better now?"   

I nodded. My stomach was all over the place, but I had better control over myself then I did before. "How about we finish our date?" He didn't believe me, but the boyish smile he gave sent my heart into a flutter.

"Another horror?" I teased.

He laughed, shaking his head. "No, absolutely not."

Taking my hand in his, he led me down the corridor and back into the living room, which by the size of the screen looked more like a movie theatre.

The guilt of not giving him an answer when he asked me to be Luna to the Harbour Pack sank in my stomach like a dead weight, but I had no idea how to bring it up again. I wasn't even sure if he wanted to talk about it anymore. I didn't want him to think that I was doubting us like my stupid wolf did, because that wasn't the reason I didn't answer him.

Of course my wolf and I both knew it was because what I felt from her, but I couldn't exactly tell him that, could I?

Whilst I picked out another movie for us to watch, Mason busied himself with getting drinks and snacks. Like a grocery store, this house was full of food and that included chocolate and popcorn. My new favourite snack since Jude had made me try it.

Settling back onto the large, L-shaped couch, I covered my legs with a blanket Mason had brought in and started to make the heavenly creation that was chocolate covered popcorn. "300?" Mason said as he took his seat next to me. "You picked an action movie?"

Apart from the fact Gerard Butler and the rest of the Spartans looked incredibly hot, I actually really liked the movie. "Have you seen it?"

He nodded, "Yeah, it's one of guys' favourites."

"We can watch something else if you want."

"No, I'm good." He smiled, focusing his attention on me. "What are you doing with that?" His eyes lowered to the clumps of chocolate I was breaking off in my hand and dropping into the bowl.

Plopping two pieces of popcorn and one piece of chocolate into my mouth, I didn't fight the moan of pleasure from my taste buds as the mix of flavours hit them. "You've got to try it, Mason. It's the most delicious thing in the world."

I followed the same pattern as I had done a second ago and paired the two treats together before holding it out for him to take. "Seriously, try it."

"It looks disgusting." His face pulled together.

Okay I give him that; it didn't look appetising. "Trust me." I urged the heavenly mix towards him again.

His hand gripped hold of my thigh as he leaned closer to me, opening his mouth. After doing what I assumed he wanted me to do and placing the food into his mouth, I watched for his reaction. "It's not actually that bad."

A proud smile curved my lips. "I told you."

"What made you try that out?"

"I didn't," I answered without thinking about what I was saying. "Jude was eating it, forced me to try it and I fell in love with it." I finished, dropping another mix into my mouth.

The easiness in the room was instantly gone and Mason's features turned to stone. His eyes no longer bright with happiness, but dull with a cold, hard glare. "I should have guessed it would be him."

I could feel my wolf snap at me. What had I done? "It's just a bit of chocolate and some popcorn, Mason.  It's nothing to go crazy about." I knew he didn't like Jude, but we'd already spoken about this. Jude was my friend and just because he wasn't his, didn't mean I wasn't ever going to bring him up when Mason was around.

"I don't like him." Was all he said.

That much was clear. "I get that, but don't get mad at me for saying something about a friend," I strained the word, so he fully understood what I was saying. "Nicky or Ray could have been the ones who ate it."

I pushed the bubble of laughter I could feel in the back of my throat away. I couldn't believe he was angry over chocolate and popcorn.

Touch him. My wolf ordered in a stern tone. You need to reassure his wolf.

Rolling my eyes at the stupidity of this conversation, I lifted myself of the couch and positioned myself of Mason's lap so that I was facing him. "Please don't be angry."

Mason lifted his face until it was inches from my own. "I'm sorry, little kitten. Sometimes it's him and I can't stop it." I knew he was referring to his wolf. Wolves were a hell of a lot more possessive over their mates than their human form.

"It's okay." I smiled. "If you want, we can get rid of the popcorn and chocolate and instead eat our weight in skittles?" My attempt at easing the intensity in the room worked as his face lifted with his handsome, boyish smile that showed me his dimples.

Inching his face forward, his lips brushed against mine. "Skittles it is, baby." He whispered and then kissed me.

It was another sweet kiss that had me shiver with pleasure. Breaking apart, I pulled back slightly. Tonight had been pretty perfect so far, but I couldn't stop thinking about what he had asked me. "Listen Mason, about what you asked--"

"It doesn't matter." He brought our entwined hands to his lips and placed the ever familiar kiss on my knuckles. "I promised you we would take things slowly and that's what we're going to do. I shouldn't have put that on you so soon."

I wasn't ready for that feeling from my wolf and I didn't know what to do about it yet, but his question of me being his Luna didn't scare me at all. "It's not too soon, really it's not. I just didn't expect you to ask that's all. It kind of took me by surprise." Surprise was an understatement. 

His brows pulled together. "Why wouldn't you think I'd want you beside me?"

I shrugged. "It's a big deal and I'm not just talking about the fight, though that's pretty major, but if I accept that means I'd be the new Luna of this pack, doesn't it?"

"Rain, whether it happened now or in twenty years, you would always become Luna of my pack. You're my mate; this is your pack too now."

My head dropped to our hands. "I have a pack of my own, Mason. I'm their Beta, I can't just leave them."

I could make out his head bobbing up and down. "This is what I meant when I said I wished things were different." I let out a heavy sigh. "Hey sweetheart," His hand left mine and touched my chin, lifting it up, "We'll figure something out, I promise."

I couldn't respond to that, knowing I wouldn't believe my own words if I did. "You need to understand that my pack means everything to me and I can't imagine not being a part of it, I can't imagine ever leaving them." My chest constricted with the hurt and pain that flashed across his eyes. "But I also can't imagine not knowing you, even when you were a total jerk to me," I laughed softly and held his face in my hands, feeling the slight shadow of stubble against my palms, "and I want to be your Luna."

Mason's eyes widened. "You're saying yes?"

I laughed again. "Yes, I am."

A deep growl rumbled up from his chest and a second later, his hand had grabbed the nape of my neck and pulled me towards him.) a

It was the first real kiss we had shared since I had been here and it was filled with more emotion than any other. Peppering kisses along my jaw and over my bottom lip, his hands slowly slid up and under the sides of my shirt until his burning skin was on mine.

If the world was to ever to end, it could end now for all I cared.

Whilst his right hand had gently tightened on my hip, his other moved around my back and down until it came to a still on my butt. My own hands had started their own journey, up his chest and over his strong, broad shoulders until my fingers buried themselves in his hair.

The rough growl ripped through his chest and he held me tight, flipping me over until my back was flat against the couch and his body was hovering over mine. Using his hands to wrap both of my legs around his waist, he pressed himself into me setting every sensation in my body alight.

His right hand slid from my thigh, up my hips and stomach, and under my shirt before resting beneath the cup of my bra as he held most of his weight off me with his other arm. My back arched and my legs tightened around his waist, wanting to feel more of him against me.

Slowly trailing his fingers down the side of my body, he took hold of my shirt, pulling it up and over my head before discarding it on the floor.

The lust and need he felt for me emanated from him and my feelings were no different. The sound of movie became background noise as I found myself caught up in nothing but Mason.

My nails grazed over the bare, hot skin of his back, feeling every muscle tense beneath my touch as I lifted his shirt. Briefly pulling away from me, he took the fabric from my hands and pulled it off himself, treating it in the same way he did mine.

His lips were quickly back on mine in the pleasurable assault. His tongue brushed along my bottom lip before he pulled it between his teeth and gently tugged and sucked on it. Moans of satisfaction came easy and I begged for nothing to interrupt us. Not this time.

Taking his mouth away from mine, I groaned in protest. I didn't want him to stop. "I'm here, kitten." His voice was deep and coated in lust. His lips dropped a trail of kisses along my jaw and down the column of my neck until he reached my collar bone.

Flicking his tongue along the base of my neck, his hand tightened on my waist, just enough to cause an enjoyable pain to spread through my body. My head fell back and my fingers dug further into his skin, my nails no doubt leaving marks behind.

I suddenly felt a drop in my body temperature and I realised he had moved away from me. Meeting his eyes, my breath caught in my throat at what I saw.

His eyes were quickly shifting between the electric blue of his human and the onyx black of his wolf. His chest was rising and falling heavily and his jaw was clenched, but none of that was the cause of my breath hitching in my throat.

It was the sight of his sharpened canines.

The sound of Mason's voice suddenly streaming through my mind jolted my attention. Tell me to stop. His words were strained and I knew his wolf was becoming just as strong as his human side. If you want me to stop, just say it, Rain.

I didn't need any time to think about it. I don't want you to stop.

His eyes filled with so many emotions, I couldn't count them. Lust was definitely there, but there were others that I hadn't seen before. I've known exactly where I wanted to mark you when I first had you against the wall in school. My mind immediately recalled the memory he was talking about. It was when he rejected me. I should have done it then. His face took on a look of sadness I didn't like. This wasn't the time to remember the bad things about us or anything that happened.

It doesn't matter. I reassured him, bringing his face down to mine and kissing him. That was then.

With his chest pressed against mine, I could feel the heavy thud of his heart against his chest. His mouth returned to my neck, treating it to hot kisses and lapping his tongue against my burning skin.

The graze from his sharp canines left me moaning in pure ecstasy. It was hard enough for me to feel the sweet sting, but not enough to break the skin. He was teasing me and it was driving me crazy.

His hot breath fanned the base of my neck. "You're beautiful, Luna." With those final words, he bit down and sunk his canines into my skin.

An almost unbearable heat spread throughout my entire body, and a soft whimper fell from my mouth as a surge of pain shot through my neck. My nails dug further into his back forcing him to arch it away from me and at first I thought I had hurt him, but his teeth only sunk deeper into my neck until I could feel a warm liquid trickling down to the swell of my breast.

My body suddenly filled with all the emotions Mason was feeling and it felt as if his wolf was inside me, tending to my own wolf in a way that was never possible before Mason marked me.

With another wave of heat hitting my body, new sensations over took me. There was no longer any pain, just an incredible pleasure that drowned me.

Whilst his canines marked their spot, Mason's tongue gently ran across the skin that was available to him and gently sucked it, causing his teeth to sink even deeper.

Slowly, his teeth retracted from my skin and his tongue once again took their place, lapping and tending to the fresh mark on the base of my neck.

Our breathing was heavy and mixed together as we lay in silence, our foreheads pressed together. I had no idea how long we lay like that and I didn't care. If it was up to me, we wouldn't move again.

"Are you okay?" He whispered against my lips. I was, perfectly okay, despite my heart still raging in my chest and my stomach knotted with excitement and completely happiness.

Still battling with getting control of my breathing, all I could do was nod in answer to him. "Stay with me tonight?"

I wanted to, God I wanted to stay here more than anything, but I couldn't exactly just call my parents and tell them I was staying at a guy's house. Despite how much my mom liked Mason and was happy about us dating, she would have freaked out and my dad would have killed him with his bare hands. Mason chuckled. "You can say you're staying at Bella's." He said, listening to my thoughts. "She'll cover for you, right?"

There was no doubt Bella would; she'd just want to know every single detail in return. "I want to spend the night with my mate, please Rain." There was no way I was saying no and we both knew it. The confident smirk he wore told me that much. "Here," He reached into his pocket and took out his phone. Taking it from his hand, I began typing the message out, not forgetting the promise that I would tell her everything as soon as I saw her.

Not thirty seconds later, his phone bleeped. "That'll be for youas. ." He handed me the phone and again and I quickly opened the message, hoping she agreed.

You two dirty dogs just can't keep your hands of each other. Details are a must and they better be good ;)

I giggled at her response and quickly deleted it. I didn't want him to know I shared things with Bella, even though he knew that with best friends that was almost guaranteed to happen. "Is that adorable giggle a sign she said yes?"

"It is." I beamed a smile and pressed my mouth against him. "You can thank her later." I joked.

"You bet your sweet cheeks I'm thanking her, that chick would kick my tail into next year if I didn't." He began to laugh, shaking his head.

Suddenly his laughter died down and his eyes fell on the bare skin just below my collar bone. "It's beautiful, you know."

"What is?"

"My mark." He said and then rolled his eyes before correcting himself. "Our mark, as my wolf reminded me." I chuckled as he winced, his wolf chastising him for leaving him out. "Stupid dog." He murmured.

"Hey!" I playfully slapped his arm. "That's our mate you're talking about."

"Oh yeah," He challenged. "Hate to remind you, sweetheart, but it was my mouth that made that, not his." His fingers gently brushed over the tender skin. "I love it on you."

"What is it?" I asked, wanting desperately to know what my mark was.

Each male wolf had a different mark attached to him and whatever that was, would be visible on his mate when they were marked. Each set of wolves had their own individual marking. "Do you want to see it?" I nodded my head, like a child being asked if she wanted candy.

Pushing himself up from the couch, he left the room. At first I had wondered what he was doing, but he soon as he returned with a small mirror in his hand. Holding it out for me to take, I eagerly grabbed it from his hand and held it up so I could see my mark.

It was beautiful.

It was still slightly pink, but that was because it was fresh. In a couple of days it was change to a soft white colour. The actual mark was of a full moon with the side profile of a wolf and the letter 'V' etched in the wolf. "It's perfect." I whispered.

Mason had once again lowered himself to the couch and positioned his body next to mine, lying on his side. "The perfect mark for the perfect Luna." He lifted his head and placed a tender kiss on my beautiful mark.

I loved it and I loved the feeling I got when he touched it. Heat surged from his lips even though it was a brief kiss and trickled straight to my chest where it warmed my heart. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, like going down the dip of a roller coaster, it lasted no longer than a second before it was gone, leaving a tingling feeling in its place.

My gaze was still burning holes into the mirror; I just couldn't take eyes off it. It was mesmerising. "Do you like it?"

"It's the most incredible thing I've ever seen, Rain." There was nothing but honestly and pride in his voice. "And nothing makes me prouder than to have you wearing it." His lips met mine in a slow, passionate kiss that held every emotion we felt for each other.           

* * *

"What was that?" My voice sounded as sleepy as I felt.

Mason's nose ran up the side of my neck. "Hmm?"

Squeezing his hand, I whispered. "That." I nudged my shoulder against his. "Can't you hear it?" I might have been on the verge of sleep, but I knew I had heard something.  

Letting out a breathless chuckle, his arm tightened around my waist, pulling me into his chest. "Baby, what are you talking about?"

The next thing I knew, the door had been flung open causing me to jump up from the couch. "Mas, have you seen Nell any--" The deep voice was cut off by the sight of something I'm sure he wasn't expecting.

"Dad." Mason groaned at the same time as I shouted "Alpha Vermont!"

His face formed a frown, "Miss Harper, good evening. I wasn't expecting to see you here." I felt the heat sizzle at my cheeks and I had nothing to say in reply.

Mason's sat up next to me, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes. "I haven't seen anyone." He said, answering his father's earlier question.

Alpha Peter looked exhausted. "She wasn't at the pack meeting." He ran a hand over his face. "She must be somewhere."

Mason shrugged his father's concern off. "How did they take the news?" He stood from the couch and outstretched his hand to me. Placing mine hand in his, those delicious tingles erupted all over my body and I couldn't stop the fresh blush that covered my cheeks.

We followed his dad out of the movie room and down one of the many corridors. Unsure of where we were headed, I stayed close to Mason, my hand still firmly grasped in his. "As well as could be expected." His dad said. "I informed them the Alpha ceremony is being organised and the fight will take place soon after."

My stomach dropped at his words and my heart faltered slightly. Feeling my sudden race of emotions, Mason squeezed my hand in reassurance. "I'm sure they were overjoyed." He said with a heavy hint of sarcasm.

Alpha Peter ignored his son's comment. "There were concerns, but we already knew that." He glanced over his shoulder, his eyes locking with mine for a second before he turned away again. "We will discuss this when your visitor has left."

Was is just me or was there a hint of disappointment in his voice? Did he have a problem with me being here? Was it because of what happened at dinner the other night?

"Whatever we have to say, we can say it in front of Rain." There was no mistaking Mason was less than happy at his dad's statement. His words obviously had no effect as his father kept quiet for the remainder of our walk.

We were apparently headed towards the kitchen and my embarrassment returned at the sight of Mason's mom. Looking up from her coffee, her eyes widened with surprise. "Miss Harper, I didn't know you would be here."

"Please call me Rainie." I insisted. I don't think I could ever get used to the formality of this pack.

She gave me a warm smile. "Do you want a drink?" It was more than I expected after the way my mom had spoken to her. 

"I can get it for her mom." Mason held his hand up, motioning for his mother to stay seated. "What do you want?" His eyes twinkled when they met mine and a small, sexy smirk played at the corner of his mouth.

The jerk.

"C-coffee, please." I cursed myself for stuttering and cursed him for finding it so amusing. He winked before dropping my hand. 

Clearing the breakfast bar of the newspapers, Sara waved her hand to the chair across from her. "Please, take a seat." I did as she asked, still feeling more than a little uncomfortable. "So tell me Rainie, how have you fou--" The rest of the sentence died in her throat and her body stiffened. Her eyes were no longer focused on mine, but another part of my body. A area just below my chin.

My heart was suddenly stuck in my throat and my hand instinctively slapped against my neck, shielding the mark from her view, but it didn't matter. She had already seen it if the gasp she gave and the look on her face was anything to go by. "You're..." Seems I wasn't the only one who struggled to form a sentence when shock hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"Sara, what's wrong?" Alpha Peter was by her side in seconds, the concern for his mate evident of his face. She ignored him and kept her eyes solely focused on me. Fresh tears were building up in her eyes as we continued to lock gazes and her hand had now covered her mouth.

Mason had abandoned the task of making our coffee and was snow standing on her other side. "Mom?" He looked between me and his mom. "What the hell happened, Rain?"

Breaking her eyes contact with me, she looked up to her son and cupped his cheek with her hand. Without saying a word she stood from the chair, reassuringly touching Alpha Peter's arm to tell him not to worry and made her way over to me.

"You're beautiful." She whispered, fighting back her tears. Opening her arms, she pulled me in to her body and hugged me tightly. "Absolutely beautiful." 

My eyes were wide. I had absolutely no idea what just happened. Stealing a quick glance at Mason to see if he had realised what had happened, I saw his bright smile and the happy glimmer in his eyes. 

Cupping my face, her eyes wandered over my features as a warm, loving smile lifted her lips. "Why didn't you tell us?" Her question was directed at Mason.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I watched as he walked around the table and stood behind me, placing his hand on the small of my back. "We wanted some time to ourselves before anyone found out."

"Mason, what's going on?" I almost forgot Alpha Peter was in the room with us and I had no doubt he was confused watching the exchanges between the three of us.

Mason reached around my body and pulled my hand down, causing his mark to be on view to everyone. "Rain is my mate." 

His father's eyes immediately fell on the skin just below my collar bone. There was no expression on his face and he made no attempts to move. "When did this happen?"

Just as I was, Mason seemed to be caught off guard. "A few months ago." His voice was clipped, obviously not appreciating his father's response to the news.

Alpha's Peter quickly glanced down to my mark, but simply blinked his attention back to Mason. "And what do you plan to do?"

What did he mean, what do we plan to do? Plan to do about what?

"At the Alpha ceremony, I will announce Rain as my mate and future Luna of this pack." He said as if it were the most obvious answer in the world. Somehow, I doubted that was what his dad wanted to hear.

Shaking his head, he slipped his hands into his pockets. "That is not practical. The Redbloods will discover this and you will give them an advantage over us." I didn't like the way he was talking about us. This wasn't part of the fight. This was mine and Mason's life.

The hand that rested against the small of my back clenched my shirt, telling me Mason anger had soared. "Not practical?!" He spat. His voice was low and cold. "How dare you say that about me and my mate?"

Sara grabbed hold of my hand and lifted her other to place it on Peter's chest. "Mason, please." She tried to reason; obviously knowing her son had quite the temper.

"Don't defend him, mom." My free hand reached around to my back and rested against his. "I don't care what those filthy rogues know. I want my pack - our pack" He corrected, pulling me closer to him, "to know their new Luna."

Peter's calm exterior never faltered. "You must understand how dangerous you're making this, son."

"You've got to be kidding me? You think I'm making this situation dangerous?" Mason asked incredulously. "What about the fact that because of you, my mate has to fight. That someone may hurt her, her family or one of her friends." I felt sick with his words, but he was right. Everything he just said could happen and I wouldn't be able to stop it. "And I swear, if anything happens to her, I'll kill you."

Sara gasped and his father's confidence and Alpha demeanour shattered at his son's promise. "Please don't say things like that, Mason." Sara begged.

Paying her no attention, Mason continued his worded assault on his father. "For the first time in my life, I'm happy. My life is with Rain and I'm honoured to be able to call her my mate, but instead of congratulating me, you're stood there treating it like some kind of leverage to win this fight."

Hurt was plastered across Peter's face. "Of course I'm happy for you. For you both." He regarded me with a glance. "But you must understand where I'm coming from Mason. I want you to be happy, you're my son, that's all I've ever wanted for you, but before declaring it to the world, you need to think about the effects it will have."

"Maybe you're right." Mason agreed. I know it was selfish of me, but I couldn't help feeling disappointment settle in my stomach. "But that's doesn't change anything. I will announce Rain as my mate and she will fight beside me as Luna of this pack. I will die making sure she is safe, so if this does give them an advantage, then I'll be ready for it."

The swell of my heart almost made me faint. I looked at him, not being able to stop myself and when his eyes locked with mine, his whole body instantly relaxed. "Make all the arrangements for the ceremony." Sara announced, watching us.

"But-"

"No buts Peter," She stated firmly. "Screw the fight and screw the Redbloods. Our son has found his mate and our pack will have a new Luna. Whether we are preparing to fight or not, this must be celebrated and I won't have any of this arguing. You're both embarrassing yourselves, this pack and me and I won't be embarrassed in front of my future daughter in law."

Her speech shocked not only me, but the hot-blooded males in the room. Damn, his mom was awesome. Of course the mention of me being her future daughter in law set my face on fire and I couldn't hide it.

If this wasn't the femme wolf showing her dominance over mate I don't know what was. "I am happy for you, son." Peter dropped his head to the floor, clearly feeling ashamed. "And I apologise to you Rainie. I was, I'm sure in a way my wife would describe me, an foolish old man." The ghost of a smile appeared.

"It's fine, Alpha Peter." It wasn't an everyday occurrence having an Alpha admit they're sorry. "You don't have to apologise."

"Yes he does." Mason muttered.

Turning to face him, a light scowl furrowed my brows. "You need to say you're sorry too."

"What for?"

"For arguing with your dad." Okay, so I admit I loved the way he defended me, but it still wasn't right. If one could be big enough to say they were sorry, the other could too. "And embarrassing your mom."

He was about to open his mouth to no doubt protest, but with one glare from me, his mouth snapped shut again. He murmured something incoherent.

That wasn't an apology.

Nudging him with my elbow, he begged me with his eyes not to make him say it, but that look didn't work on me. He groaned, "Fine, I'm sorry." Looking between both of them.

With a small smile, his father held out his hand for Mason to take. There was one question that plagued my mind as I watched their manly father-son exchange.

Were guys always this complicated?  

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.6M 79.1K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
456K 13.1K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
8.4M 261K 37
The Runaway Mate Carly Faye isn't your average seventeen year old werewolf, she's anything but actually. Having lost everything that was important to...
5.5M 178K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...