The Unknown Sign

Door Dana144

Luna lives in a world where the Zodiac signs decide how they act and what they will be but Luna doesn't feel... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 A
Chapter 21 B
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 14

109 4 8
Door Dana144

///Chapter 14\\\

Tyler's POV

I ran a hand through my hair frustrated. I didn’t know what to do. I should go after her but she would probably just run away from me again. I was so confused. Maybe this was what her dad was talking about, pushing people away. I couldn’t know for sure and she wouldn’t talk to me, I just knew she wouldn’t.

I strode to the door and yanked it open to a surprised and scared looking Ariel.

“What do you want?” I snap.

“I was just going to tell you dad wants to talk to you. What’s wrong?”

“Did it sound urgent?”

“Kind of. What’s going on Ty?” She asks and I sigh.

“Is he in a good or bad mood?”

“Probably bad considering we were just arguing.”

“What am I going to do?” I shout in frustration and Ariel looks scared again.

“Can I help?” She asks.

“If you can find Luna then sure you can help.” I sigh, making my way down the hall.

“Find her?” Ariel asks confused. “What did you do Ty?”

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t. She was fine one minute and running out the room the next. I don’t even know what I did.”

“Even with you history with her for some reason I believe you. I’ll try to find her but you need to talk to dad. Try and calm him down before you tell him that she ran.”

“I know how to handle it.” I say, stopping in front of the door.

“What should I do if I find her?”

“Try to persuade her to come back to my room so we can talk. She’s stubborn so she probably won’t come so just try to get a message out to me.” I say, turning the doorknob and pushing it open slightly.

“I’ll do what I can.” Ariel nods and continues down the hall. I watch her until she disappears from sight before sighing and turning into the room.

“Ah Tyler. How did things go after you left?” Dad asks, smiling and I give him an odd look.

“You seem strangely happy.” I say and his smile widens.

“How could I not be? After seeing you two last night so happy. I think you did it son.” He says, clapping his hand on my back.

“Not after this morning.” I say and his smile fades immediately.

“What happened?”

“I don’t know. She was happy in the beginning and then she just snapped. I don’t know why. It can’t be her mom because she’s doing so well but it was like something just broke.”

“Did she say anything?”

“She said she couldn’t be around me anymore, that she didn’t want this life and that she wasn’t a hypocrite.” I summarize and dad looks thoughtful. “I don’t know what to do dad. I thought I was so close but then this morning…”

“Did anything happen while you were at the hospital?”

“No. She was happy, her mom was much better and we were all laughing.” I say. “Her dad talked to me for a bit but…” I trail realizing something.

“Tyler?”

“Were could I find a family history and hospital documents?” I ask dad and he looks confused.

“In the upstairs library but why?”

“I need to check something?” I say starting for the door. “Was there anything else you needed?”

“It’s not important but by the looks of it whatever you need to do is. Go, I’ll tell you later.” He says and I nod.

I left the room quickly and took the stairs two at a time until I came to the library I opened it swiftly and scanned the bookshelves until I came to the Taurus Sign Land collection and scanned the files until I found Bella and Benn’s. I took it from its spot and leafed through it until I came to the family tree. I scanned over it and began to pull the appropriate files that I wanted.

I had realized just now that there was a chance Luna could be sick when she got older. Her dad had said that Luna’s grandmother had died at the same age Bella was now and it got me to thinking. Luna would want to know I was sure.

I set all the files I had pulled on a table and began to read through them more thoroughly. As I read I discovered a lot and was only half way through all that I wanted to read when a small knock on the door interrupted my reading. I looked up to see Ariel leaning heavily against the door looking winded. I ran over to her and helped her into a chair and waited until her breathing evened out.

“She was disappearing into the trees, near the place you go so often with the pool. I didn’t know where she was going but I couldn’t follow her, besides she was running and I would have lost her.” Ariel says in short breaths and I stand immediately.

“Will you be alright?” I ask, although I’m itching to go find Luna I’m not just going to leave my sister.

“I’ll be fine. Go find her.” She says and I nod once before fleeing the room. Luna had me running a lot lately but I didn’t care.

I ran down the stairs and out into the gardens. I took the most direct route to the pool and followed the brook. I knew this is where she would go, unless she knew another place in the trees that I didn’t know about but this seemed most likely. I began to slow down as I neared the place and could hear the soft waves lapping again the shore. I pushed my way through the remaining trees to find Luna sitting in the sand with her feet being washed over by the water.

“Go away Tyler.” She says without even looking behind her.

“No.” I say and sit beside her. She lets out a long sigh but doesn’t say anything for a while.

“How’d you know I was here?”

“Ariel saw you disappear into the trees and I told her to find me if she found you.”

“Why did you come?”

“Because you need someone whether you like it or not. I’m not saying you have to talk to me but to someone.”

“I don’t need anyone.” She says, turning her head so I can’t see her face at all.

“People can help Luna. They can listen.”

“Or they can stab you in the back and lie to you.” She snaps. “Or they can die.” She says quietly, probably hoping I didn’t hear.

“Who died Luna?”

“My grandma, before I was even born. I’ve read stories about how a grandma can help so much but mind died before I ever even got the chance to talk to her and I wish she could help now.”

“What about your dad’s mom?” I ask and her head snaps to me.

“How did you know I was talking about my mom’s mom?” She asks and I sigh.

“When your dad talked to me last night he told me how your mom’s mom died when she was around your age.” I say, looking out over the water. “Did you know you could be sick like that when you turn that age? It’s been going on in your family for generations but no one has caught onto it yeah though I don’t know why. It has to be stopped.”

“I…I could die?” Luna asks looking at me. I nod my head and her face pales.

“How could they not notice if it’s been going on for years?” She asks and I shake my head.

“I don’t know but I’m going to do everything I can to figure out what this is. I can’t lose you Luna I just can’t.” I say sighing deeply. I don’t say anything and neither does she so I’m surprised when I feel her cold hand take mine.

“I want to be with you Tyler, I really do but I don’t want to be a hypocrite. I’ve spent my whole life fighting the System and I can’t just stop now. I know you can’t do anything to change it but I wish you could. It is wrong what you do and I’m sure you can see that because you’re not cold hearted like I used to think you were.”

“You’re not a hypocrite Luna.” I say, brushing my hand against her cheek.

“If I agree to be your fiancée then I am.”

“But you can admit you were wrong. I’m not saying you are wrong, maybe I am still exactly how you imagined me but if I’m not then you can admit to it can’t you. Apologize to anyone you’ve told, make it right but you don’t have to be a hypocrite.” I say then reflect back on what I just said. “I’m not even making sense now. I’m sorry Luna I’ll go. Come back to the castle when you’re ready. I won’t force you to do anything.”

“I know you mean well Tyler I really do but it’s not the best time. Nothing ever is I suppose.” She says with a small smile and I stand. I was hoping she would stand with me but when she looked back over the ocean I know she wouldn’t.

“Just come back before it gets dark please. I don’t know what kind of creatures live out here so I don’t want you hurt.” I say and she nods in understanding before I turn to go.

A lot had been said in that time and I knew she would need time to reflect on it. That’s just how she is. I would leave her alone for as long as she liked but I would also keep close, hovering around the edges to be there when she needed someone, even just a friend. But I would be there. I had to be.

I didn’t want to admit it to myself but I had fallen for the girl who had told me countless times how she hated me. It was her personality, strong, prideful but willing to admit she was wrong when she was. I was in love with Luna and I had to tell her, no matter what her reaction was. I turned swiftly on my heel and almost ran back to the beach.

“LUNA!” I call as soon as I burst through the final trees. I looked for her where we had been sitting only to find her clothes in a pile. I looked out to the water to see her body floating face down in the water.

I ran in after her not even bothering with my clothes. I swam quickly to where she was and grabbed her by the waist. She wasn’t responding to my touch or her name. I swam with her back to shore, being engulfed by wave after wave. As I dragged Luna onto the sand I lay her down face up and began mouth to mouth, glad for having paid attention in the class.

“Come on Luna.” I say as I push on her chest but she doesn’t seem to be responding.

***

Finally I’m done! Sorry I had writers block for a while and just couldn’t get past it until I started a different story then the ideas began to flow. So now that I’ve left you with a cliffy I at least know how to begin the next chapter and that helps so it won’t be so long! Anyway, comment, vote, fan enjoy and all that fun stuff lol.

Kiss me in the rain,

Dana

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4K 206 61
Here lie my thoughts in this book, why don't you stop and take a look. While you read the secrets written there, try to ignore the silent screams no...
71.1K 2.9K 44
When you've been hurt, it's difficult to learn to love again. When you've felt pain, it's not so easy to be joyful. When your heart has been broken...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
439K 6.6K 41
Arianna Hope is a child of a rich family, but doesn't act like it. She spends her free time volunteering, contributing to charities, keeping a perfec...