Famous Self-Harmers

By Sarah5SOSGirl

"Famous Self-Harmers" if you ever think your the only one who has 'cut' will your not on your won. A lot of u... More

Ashton Irwin
Marilyn Manson
Demi Lovato
Johnny Depp
Amy Winehouse
Jacoby Shaddix
Christina Ricci
Princess Diana
Shirley Manson
Courteny Love
Emilie Autumn
Miley Cyrus
Colin Farrell
Courtney Love
Mia Tyler
Fiona Apple
Paris Jackson

Amy Studt

63 0 0
By Sarah5SOSGirl

English Amy Studt, singer, is from Bournemouto, England and was born in London on the 22nd of March, 1986. She has become a pop singer in the United Kingdom and has been compared to Avril Lavigne. She was discovered at the age of sixteen and went on to record a record, False Smiles.

Amy was bullied at school from an early age on before she became famous. In Bliss magazine she said, "When I was about 13, I was constantly bullied at my boarding school in Bournemouth. Girls would shout awful abuse at me in my dorm - to the point where I'd be curled up in a corner, sobbing. They'd call me a 'sad loner' or 'anorexic smurf'. I didn't have an eating problem, but I'm naturally skinny, and they knew I was sensitive about it. The abuse got me really depressed." The depression led to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Amy was unable to concentrate on her schoolwork. Classmates and others, including teachers, though she was lazy. The stress caused headaches because of brain swelling and it took several months to diagnose. Even before that Amy had been unlucky. She had developed osteomyelitis, a bone disease that led her to be bedridden, at the age of twelve.

The bullying in her early teens led her to self-injure. Here is what she said about what happened:

The stress of the situation made me so ill i was stuck in a bed for days - but the abuse didn't stop. One time the bullies crept in to flick me with cold baked beans. I remember the day when the name-calling just got too much - I walked into the toilet, grabbed a pair of scissors and cut myself. I just wanted to replace one kind of pain with another - and i thought physical pain would be much easier to deal with. When I cut myself there was something to show for the hurt I was feeling. From then on I always cut myself when they started on me.

No-one knew about the cuts. I wore big jumpers all the time to cover my arms. I was devastated when my brother found out. One day we were putting up a birthday poster on a notice board and my sleeve slipped down revealing my scars. He grabbed my arm and said "what the smurf is that?" It was horrible, and I wouldn't talk about it.

My brother told my parents and close friends, but everyone just skirted round the subject. I hated the fact that people tip-toed around me, I kept thinking 'just talk to me about it' but I guess it was really tough for everyone. I was embarrassed too, because, let's face it, people think you're completely loopy if you're cutting yourself.

I self harmed for two years in total, even after moving schools and getting away from the bullies. I was feeling much happier but it was my boyfriend who eventually helped me stop. He could see from the scars what I was doing and one day he said 'if you're doing it then I'm doing it as well' I did it one last time and he did it too. I was so appalled i didn't do it again.

I know now that self-harming is pointless and doesn't help. If you're being bullied, go and talk to someone you trust. Don't self harm because its not worth it. Chat to someone because if you keep it to yourself it just gets worse. Believe me... I know."

Amy is no longer bullied and her fame has caused past classmates to reconsider their view of her. Sincere or not they may be but she is no longer an outcast. She has overcome her self-destructive behavior and has become successful. Her songs, including "Just a Little Girl," got good radio play at the time of their release. The circumstances that led to her self-injurious behavior have been lifted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 450 6
نيك سكس جماعي حبايبي هذا اكاونتي الجديد ببدأ انزل عليه
169K 701 40
warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.
14.8K 113 7
short story about raped stepbrother
15.7K 270 31
Short scenarios for your favorite characters! (Well the male characters at least) The characters included are Alastor, Angel Dust, Sir Pentious, Husk...