Stitches || Scarecrow

By PurpleInsanity

A story can start with the most unusual beginning. And this one begins with a patient losing her mind and fig... More

Note
EPIGRAPH
CAST
Part 1: Fear
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Part 2: Pain
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
The End

Ch.21

1.3K 64 8
By PurpleInsanity

Once Julia was fully recovered from the surgery, she was transferred to Arkham Asylum.

Driving under the sign, she felt the place had changed dramatically since she was last here. It had been rebuilt and remodeled after that certain earthquake hit Gotham. But the building actually still looked the same with the outside made of red brick. The difference was a upscale in security. Higher electric fences, more security officers patrolling. She wondered if it was for the asylum or the surrounding territory of the Narrows. There was honestly no difference on either side of the fence. Lunatics, killers, and serial killers roamed both sides. Except Arkham was a bit more better by locking them away until another prison break.

A guard led her from the police van to the building. Handcuffs were strapped on that connected to a chain that led to another pair of shackles on her ankles. She heard a guard murmur to another one that she was extremely dangerous. At least she wasn't in a straitjacket or gagged with a muzzle was her thought as she walked.

Down the maze of halls they went. Apparently the remodeling team kept the whole Asylum the same. Same dark walls and surprisingly with another blood splatter. It wasn't any bit creepy... At all.

The rest of the walk she saw nothing interesting, and was pushed into a random empty cell at the end of the walk. The walls were still a padded white, including the ceiling and floor.

Home sweet home.

...

"Miss Heart, my name is Dr. Harris. I'll be the one that can hopefully solve you and get you sane again."

"I am sane." Julia tilted her head. "But everybody else seems to disagree."

"And why would you say that?"

She looked at him in amusement. His features were shapes, a square chin, a triangular nose and ears that were almost a full circle. Plus his black hair was slicked back with gell and he wore wire glasses. He was not attractive, but had a face that made you remember him.

"Is there any other doctors I can talk to instead? You're incredibly dull." she stated as she fiddled with her handcuffs.

"No Miss Heart. There are not a lot of doctors available for you to choose and I was assigned to you specifically. Only a handful of people know you are alive, and that's the way we are keeping it." he paused. "Which also means no association with other prisoners. Do I make that clear?"

"Sure I guess. So Steven... You like it here?" she casually asked.

"How do you know my name?"

"Name tag." she pointed a finger at his shirt.

Dr. Harris did not look amused. "Are you going to corporate or not?"

Julia put her elbows on the table that separated him. "You sound like all my other doctors." she stated. "From my past."

"The difference is... I have other methods than talking civilly."

She eyed him warily as she leaned back in her seat. "Just like my other doctors." she said seriously.

He smiled showing square, white teeth. "Good. But unfortunately I'm better than all those other doctors. And in your files, you've had the most doctors in history at Arkham. And only one got you to talk. Dr. Crane was it?"

He smiled again as he saw a flicker in her eyes. "Too bad he's missing. Or maybe we could've had some fun."

Jonathan was missing. Was it because of her or the Batman? Was he dead?

"What do you hope to achieve doctor? I swear I will never tell you a goddamn thing!"

"Guess I rattled the tigers cage. And how about now we open the cage? See how feisty you are when you are beaten."

Dread filled her insides as two burly guards came in.

"Do it." Dr. Harris commanded.

They nodded simultaneously and one lunged forward, punching her in the face, knocking her sideways. She landed on the cold cement ground, cheek stinging. She struggled to get up with her head spinning, when she felt a boot kick her in the ribs. She yelped at the impact and lay gasping for air. But the punches and kicks kept coming and coming and coming. Till a silent signal from Dr. Harris stopped them.

Julia coughed as blood trickled from her mouth. Her whole body was on fire. She groaned as Dr. Harris lifted her head up by her hair.

"I wonder Miss Heart, on how long you will last my treatment. I believe pain helps in the procedure to a normal mind, and hopefully it will help you too."

He let go and she hit the floor hard. She screamed as her arm popped when she landed on it. Tears streamed down her face as she fought the new waves of pain that left her shaking.

The dislocated arm was suddenly grabbed, causing her to scream again as the pain raged.

"I have an idea." Dr. Harris purred. "Every day you're here, I'll cut a tally on your arm. So it will go with your stitches."

A knife was given, her arm was cut, and then she fell unconscious to it all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 581 43
Per·plex·i·ty: inability to deal with or understand something complicated or unaccountable. The Riddler. His mission, figure out a way for the him an...
13.8K 525 16
"You, my friend are a victim of disorganized thinking. You are under the impression that just because you run away, you have no courage; you're co...
2.6K 106 26
Philophobia: The fear of love. Love is not something that many fear, however, they should. Love is a powerful, terrifying force that can drive people...
15.8K 382 22
When Ianthe Thatcher, a 21 year old Gotham City native reluctantly accepts a seemingly promising position at Arkham Asylum, her path takes an unexpec...