Hold You Down

By HippyHilda

(Book #2: Rich Kids series) Brooklyn and Travis have been tight for over 13 years. They've always been the i... More

1| Brooklyn
2| Travis
3| Brooklyn
4| Travis
5| Brooklyn
6| Travis
7| Brooklyn
8| Travis
9| Brooklyn
10| Travis
11| Brooklyn
12| Travis
13| Brooklyn
14| Travis
15| Brooklyn
16| Travis
17| Brooklyn
19| Epilogue

18| Travis

541 23 3
By HippyHilda

This was it. The beginning of my future. In less than 48 hours I will be on a plane to go to boot camp and I was stoked about this new opportunity. This new chance to start over. A soft knock at my room door disrupted me from my circulating thoughts.

"Come in!" I sat up on my bed and stared at the door as it swung open to see the visitor.

My dad came in and leaned up against the wall. There was a brief silence between us prior to him speaking.

"Everything ok with you?" he asked, making small talk as if he wasn't sure of what else to say. This was common behavior for him nowadays, he had been walking on egg shells since I moved back in.

"I'm cool," I said.

He nodded slowly and exhaled deeply as if he were contemplating his next words. "So, you're leaving in two days...excited about it?"

"Yeah," I assured him and he replied with a weak grin.

"This a big step for you, Trav. It takes a special individual to enlist in the Navy and despite what you think, I'm very proud of you son."

I couldn't help but to crack a smile. It had been awhile since he acknowledged me and it made me feel more at ease about my decision.

"Thanks pops. That means a lot coming from you."

"Yeah, just don't tell Bahja and Sky I said that. You know they still upset about you leaving," he let out a soft chuckle.

I knew that everyone wasn't in favor of my Navy aspirations, but hopefully their take on it would change eventually.

"Maybe with time they'll become more comfortable with what I'm doing," I simply shrugged it off.

He came over beside me and sat on my bed. "Don't stress yourself out about what they think. Live your life and move along."

"Will do."

Dad glanced off into space and we rested there in a pleasant silence, something that I had been longing for some time now. "I never did say that I'm sorry for how I came at you. I apologize for it all."

The sincerity in his voice made it easy to forgive him for what had happened, even if I was still bitter about the outcome of everything. "It's all good and I'm sorry for talking to you recklessly. No matter how angry I was, I shouldn't have got out of line."

"Eh, I kind of deserved shit talking and that right jab you threw."

I smiled nervously. "Yeah, I definitely need to work on my temper."

"Don't feel bad. Bad temper runs in the family, Trav. I'm sure boot camp will get you in line..." he started. "Now, Bahja making me go to therapy again like I'm crazy on some shit, but it's pointless. Let me be angry if I want to," he ranted on.

I shook my head at how he objected against another one of Bahja's plans to help him control his anger.

"It might be for the best."

"I figured you'd say that. Y'all always gotta tag team against ya boy. Thank God Bryce always got my back," he joked while glancing down at his watch.

"Anyway, I have studio session but before you leave we're making you a going away dinner. Just us five, so try to save some type of appetite for later."

"You said that like I'm greedy."

As he got up from the bed, he reached for something in his pocket. "You are greedy." Dad handed me a business card with a unfamiliar address.

I furrowed my brows once I got my hands on it. "What's this?"

"That's where your mom is staying. She's in a halfway house now. Turns out she's getting better, so make sure you go see her before you head out."

I was pleasantly shocked to hear that he had her moved back to California. "Preciate that."

"No problem," he said, proceeding to my room's exit.

"Love you, dad."

Pops turned to face me. "I love you too kid and don't you ever forget it," he replied and left out of the room.

*

"What are you doing here?" I asked, packing the rest of my things before my flight leaves tonight.

Brooklyn plopped down on my bed and innocently pouted. "I came to give you a ride to the airport."

I smiled at her making that sweet gesture although it is not needed. "Thank you, baby mama but--" she cut me off.

"No buts. I already cleared that with your folks. So, I'm giving you a ride to the airport and that is final," she enlightened me with a stern tone.

I raised my arms to surrender and zipped my suitcase up to close. "Fine, I have no objections. Now, let's head out. I want to beat traffic."

B lifted her body from the bed and grabbed my smaller bag to carry. She struggled to manage it, so I signaled for her to hand it to me.

"Babe, give me the bag."

"I got it." Brooklyn playfully rolled her eyes and strutted out of my room with my bag. I giggled at her sass, I knew for a fact that I would miss that the most. I took one last look at my room and followed behind her with my suitcase.

"Ahh, there's my guy!" Kyle was the first to greet me when I got down the stairs.

"I can't believe you leaving bro," he added, dapping me up. "Show them boys how real niggas get down."

"Got you fam," I responded.

"Ok, enough of this gay stuff. Give me a hug a baby brother." Skylar nudged Kyle out of the way so we could embrace.

She kissed my cheek and gave me a long look. "Don't go trying to be a hero, Trav. Heroes never come back." I answered with nod.

"I promise."

"Oh, almost forgot...Bam wanted me to give you this. You can read it when you get on the plane." Kyle distributed an envelope to me and I stuck it down in my back pocket. "I'm really gone miss y'all fools." I looked each on of them all in their eyes and I knew that things would be different between us now.

"Bruh, you better not cry," Kyle said, sniffling.

"Nah, I'm good. We should go now, B." It was best for us to leave before I get emotional about leaving. Hell, just looking in Sky's eyes made me tempted to miss my flight.

"Hey, Sky I know Bahja and pops in the studio right now. Tell them I'll call when my flight lands in Chicago. I don't need them trying to convince me to stay here." She graciously agreed to do so. Brooklyn and I departed from inside the house and went to her car to leave.

The quiet car ride was painfully awkward considering we are the best of friends. It's a rare occasion that she has nothing to say to me. "You good?" I questioned her when we approached a red stop light. B turned the music down and finally broke her unusual silence.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about stuff..." My eyebrows arched in curiosity.

"Thinking about what specifically? Don't be holding out on me B."

"I mean, we're like grown-ups now. I can't just pull up to your house and spill all the tea to you. It's great that change is coming, but it is scary," she admitted with an unsure expression and I stared her down, realizing that she was going to be leaving soon too.

"One phone call, B. That's how far I'll be."

Brooklyn smacked her teeth when she pulled into LAX's Southwest Airlines terminal to drop me off. "Yeah, you say that now. We'll be in totally different countries, totally different time zones. Shit will never be the same."

I honestly didn't have anything to counter her argument with, so we sat there pondering the next move or the next word. I peered over to see a tear streaming down her cheek and that hit me hard. "B, don't do this. Not now," I whined.

She wiped her face and shook her head. "I'm sorry. I know I'm supposed to be a big girl."

I got out of the car and walked over to the driver's side, openingher door. "Get out," I demanded with a comforting smile while pulling her arm.

I squeezed her tightly when she got out, not wanting to let her go anytime soon. "I love you, sailor," she playfully whispered in my ear. All I could do was smirk. That was the first time I had ever been called that, but it actually felt right.

"I love you more, baby. Try not to replace me when you become a big-time artist and shit," I teased finally pulling away.

"Bullshit," she groaned.

"I'm being serious though. Whether you see it or not, I know you have big things coming in your future, Brooklyn."

"You love feeding my ego," she giggled.

"I just think you need encouragement because you always downplaying your talent and how amazing you are. Don't be afraid to share that. Thank goodness Isaac helped display how great you are, otherwise you'd still be playing around."

Brooklyn casually rolled her eyes and went to pop the trunk open. "Whatever."

"Don't whatever me. Make sure you go see him before you leave next week." I walked behind her to go get my bags and she appeared irritated by my request.

"Ehh, I'll think about it," Brooklyn mumbled.

"Don't think about it, just do it like I say Anna Mae." A smack to chest was followed by my sly remark.

"Ouch!"

As opposed to Brooklyn coming back at me with a slick comment, she simply smiled. "Say whatever it is you thinking," I advised her, knowing that she was deep in thought.

"No matter what..." she began. "We in this together. Promise?"

"Promise. I'll hold you down always," I said.

"Always and forever."

The End

Vote, comment,and whatever else...

Hopefully, you guys enjoyed this book.

What are y'all predictions for Travis and Brooklyn? Will they remain best friends despite the big changes?

The 2nd book of the Rich Kids series,"Playing Games" featuring Skylar x Kyle will be posted soon. So, if you like those two characters and their relationship then make sure you check that out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208 27 36
A loving romance and tragedy of two lovers who think they know all about each other. Young Erica and Derek are in a passionate relationship until one...
5.4K 169 23
"minimum LOVE is FRIENDSHIP...maximum FRIENDSHIP is LOVE" I don't believe in putting a timeline on love.It will happen when it has to one way or anot...
71 9 54
Sophia and Collin don't know anything about relationships. So, how will this end? Are they friends or something... more? Book 1 of 3 Achievements: #2...
173K 4.1K 51
Three best friends since kindergarten were literally inseparable. Everything changes when Zion gets discovered and moves to LA. And suddenly... he's...