Sweet Poison

By EnchantingWords

What happens when you accidentally clash with the scariest thing in your life? A killer? No. A zombie? Think... More

Sweet Poison
Chapter 1- Worst Day Ever
Chapter 2- Rendezvous Gone Wrong
Chapter Three- Buried Demons
Chapter 4- Disappearances
Chapter 5- The Chase Is On
Chapter 6- Caught and Trapped
Chaper 7- Getting Back Home
Chapter 8- Awakening
Chapter 9- Hit and Run
Chapter 10- Messages Left Behind
Chapter 11- Paris Attractions
Chapter 13- New Beginnings
Chapter 14- You Give Me Strength
Chapter 15- Lunch with a Bang
Chapter 16- Best Night Ever
Chapter 17- Secrets, Secrets, and Hidden Kisses
Chapter 18- Seductive Challenges and Chilling Threats
Chapter 19- Cat's Out Of The Bag
Chapter 20- Love's In The Air
Chapter 21- Pressure and Pleasure
Chapter 22- Asher's Lovely Date
Chapter 23- Dates, Cliches, and Simple Threats
Chapter 24- One Last Kiss Before It All Ends
Chapter 25- Blades, Guns, and Impulsive Tumbles
Chapter 26- The Letter
Chapter 27- The Aftermath
Chapter 28- Could It Be???
Last Words and Sequel

Chapter 12- Home Sweet Home

30K 997 66
By EnchantingWords

Aiden’s POV:

                I can’t believe the girls actually thought that they’d get away from us, it may have taken a while but here we are in their hotel room getting their stuff ready to board the private jet that will take us back home. We almost gave up finding them since none of our people got any tips from anywhere but Adrian had the genius idea of searching London’s room once again since he hadn’t been there and he’s very observant. Turns out all the pictures and posters around the room were all from Paris. We sent a couple of guys to search and we indeed found them under different names. I feel a smile slip onto my face as I take a look at London’s sleeping face. We kind of had to drug them again in the van since she did try to jump out. I feel bad for Asher. Since I was driving he had the unfortunate luck of performing the task. Let’s just say he has a huge bite mark on his arm courtesy of London and a bump on his head from when Avery head butted him.

                The other guys are waiting for us back home since they had to restrain the other girls from keeping us there. They’ve all been hanging around lately but who knows maybe some romance will blossom. Wow, I’m so happy that they’ll finally have them back home but there’s a nagging voice in the back of my head that tells me London will make me regret this, oh well. What we really need to do now is board them on the plane before they wake up again because then everything will be harder and I already told that Jean-Luc guy his services were no longer required. He tried to put up a fight but once Asher’s fist met his face he was cool with the arrangement.

London’s POV:

                Ugh, black spots dance in my vision before everything comes into focus. Why are we in a limo? Wait, what happened? Hum, we were having a last rendezvous in Paris before we took off to Greece. I remember a black van following us, a chase and getting dragged into a black van. Who abducted us? I remember the bastard smirking and….Aiden and Asher. 

                “Aiden!” I scream and I feel him jump from my right, was he holding me while I was knocked out, creep?

                “Hey London, how about you go back to sleep?” he suggests. Oh yes, how about I go back to sleep per the request of my kidnapper?

                “Aiden, take us back to the hotel,” I request as Avery begins to wake up.

                “No, we’re on our way to the jet and back home,” he states. Help me god, so that I don’t harm his pretty face and he’ll have to land at a hospital. Breathe in, breath out, I repeat to calm myself.

                “Okay, you asked for this,” I say as I begin to make my way to the door to jump out of the vehicle. Some minor injuries are better than being dragged back home. I’m a step away from sweet, sweet freedom when I feel a sudden pain in the back of my head before I once again succumb to darkness. Seriously, why do I keep getting knocked out? That was my last thought.

Aiden’s POV:

                I feel the painful sting as Avery backhands me, why did we not tie them up again?

                “What the hell Aiden?” she barks and I can tell she is very much pissed.

                “Well, what was I supposed to do? She was about to jump out she would’ve hurt herself!” I exclaim on the defensive.

                “So, your way of saving London from injuries is to knock her out with that empty bottle that you found beside you?” she asks incredulously. Okay, so she may have a point but a minor somewhat small head bump is better compared to major scratches and bruises, right? Oh well, what’s done is done.

                “So, excited to go back home?” Asher tries to dissolve the tension which only earned him a death glare from Avery.

                “She’s going to kill you for this,” she warns.

                “It’s cool she can try, once we’re home,” I answer.

                “You guys don’t know what you’re doing,” she says shaking her head in disapproval.

                “Will you enlighten us?” Asher tries and sighs heavily when she shakes her head. “Well then we will all have a fun get together once we’re back home,” he adds clapping his hands together which only earns him a scowl. Well then someone’s not so happy.

                Well, we were able to board the jet and take off without trouble thanks to London’s unconscious state and Avery couldn’t really put up a fight. Avery and London are sitting across from Asher and I well London’s more like passed out, but she looks like an angel. God, I am whipped.  I can tell everybody’s beginning to get tired and I fall asleep.

                “Aiden wake up,” I hear an aggravated voice call me. I thought Jimmie Johnson was the only other person in the car we are currently driving. I’m going to win this race for you London, I think. Wait, why are my cheeks tingling? “Wake. Up. Bastard,” every word is punctuated by a slap which is the cause of the weird sensation.

                “London?” I smile knowing that she’s the only person that would wake me up by repeatedly slapping me.

                “Yeah, it’s me idiot. Why the hell am I on a plane?” she inquires. Okay, I have to approach this very carefully because by the malicious glint in her eyes I can tell she’s out for blood.

                “Can we go to the back and discuss this,” I point to Avery and Asher who are still sleeping. She hesitates but agrees no doubt for Avery. She could care less about Asher. I begin to lead the way to room in the back and London takes a seat on a stool. “Okay, we are going home,” I explain.

                “I’m sorry Aiden, I really am but I’m not a buffoon like you. I know we’re going home what I want to know is why the hell you’re forcing us back home when I clearly left for a reason,” she elaborates. She’s cute when she’s about to blow, I could easily picture the smoke coming out of her ears. “What’s so fucking funny?” she asks.  I clear my throat to stop my not so silent laughter.

                “We thought it was time for you to come home, simple as that,” I explain.

                “Simple as that, okay,” she nods and when I feel her fist collide with my cheek I knew I was right to be wary of her calm demeanor. “Put some ice on that, simple as that,” and with those words she walks back out and I’m left staring at her cute behind.

                “Divert your gaze or you’ll also have a black eye,” she calls out without looking back. Damn, it’s like she has eyes on the back of her head. The rest of the flight goes by in a somewhat comfortable silence but I can tall London is thinking very hard about something but I decide not to pry. Knowing her I know she won’t elaborate. We continue in silence and wake the others up before landing.

London’s POV:

                I can feel the warmth of sunlight basking my skin with its warmth but I don’t even know where I’m at. The bed I’m resting on is so comfy and this pillow is so warm. I snuggle closer to the warmth and wrap my arms around it, wait why do I feel rock hard abs? And even if I were sleeping with somebody Avery does not have a six pack, I am going to kill Aiden. I decide to push him off with all of my strength with my eyes still closed and I smile triumphantly when I hear the loud thud resonate throughout the room.

                “Shit,” I hear him swear and shuffle to get up. He tries to get back on the bed but I spread myself out lying on my back so that there’s no room for him. “Come on London don’t be like that,” he pleads but I don’t budge. “Fine,” he states and I have no time to get away when I feel his warmth above me. I open my eyes to meet his oceanic ones and a smirk on his face.

                “Get off,” I demand.

                “I like this position better don’t you?”

                “No, now get off,” he shifts but instead of getting off he leans in closer all the while staring into my eyes. I want to so badly kiss him all of a sudden but I know that I mustn’t, I can’t drag anybody else to my chasm of fears. I hold back but I’m already deep in as it is.

                “Please don’t,” I plead and I hope he sees the struggle I’m having.

                “I don’t think you mean that, I think you want me to kiss you. But I won’t,” I let out a sigh of relief. “I want you to remember our first kiss and it will be so special to you that you’ll be retelling the story to our children when we’re older,” he says looking into my eyes before getting off me. I don’t know how his words affected me but I feel that sting that I have not yet become accustomed to of tears brimming in my eyes and I run out of the room before he can see them fall. I make it out into the backyard and sit on the swing under the trees that surround the area. I look down at myself and am thankful that I am still wearing the clothes from yesterday. I can’t let anybody see me like this, tears are a weakness and I made a vow to never seem weak. Weakness is something that I will pay for. I look up and admire the beautiful colors on the trees being late fall they range from reds to oranges and browns. I hear dead leaves crunching on the grass and by the heavy footsteps I know it’s not Avery.

                “Aiden, just let me have some time alone,” I say without looking back and hoping my voice doesn’t give off my tears. I feel an arm go around my shoulders as he sits next to me on the wide swing, I’m too distressed to try to shake it off.

                “You know I was going to have a little sister a couple of years ago. I had been excited when my mom told me the news, unlike most ten year olds I was actually excited to have a sister to protect. She would have been seven this year but she did not the opportunity to see the world. I came home one day from the park where I had been with the guys and I heard arguing and shouting from my parents’ room. It wasn’t till I heard my mom screaming and crying that I ran in their only to find her a bloody mess as my father repeatedly kicked her. I wasn’t strong enough to get him off her so I grabbed the nearest vase and smashed it on his back he immediately knocked out as I called an ambulance. I knew my parents were unhappy they use to fight a lot what I didn’t know was that my sister to be was fathered by one of dad’s business associates but even so she was a human being that deserved to live. I testified against him and my mom was far along enough for it him to be tried on murder, I’ve never visited him. My mom’s never around always screwing around and drinking that’s how we got here in the first place. My father didn’t resent me as much at least I don’t think so since he had all of his businesses and money transferred to me but what is money if he’s not there?” I hadn’t realized it was Asher and not Aiden whom decided to comfort me but I didn’t want to interrupt him.

                “Why are you telling me this?”

                “I want you to know that I trust you, you’re like my sister that I didn’t have the opportunity to meet,” he says while still holding me and rubbing my back as I cling to him and more tears pore out.

                “Now, will you trust me enough to confide in me what it is you’re so scared of?”

                “You have to promise not to tell anyone, not even Aiden. I’ll tell him when I’m ready just not yet,” I plead.

                “Okay, deal.”

                “I’m going to die and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. And earlier today when Aiden mentioned me retelling the story of our first kiss to our children when we’re older it broke my heart to know that I won’t exist in the future because I’m pretty sure I’ll be dead.”

                “No, you’re lying. Tell me you’re lying that this is some scheme for Aiden to back off but you’re not dying,” he rambles as he continuously shakes his head.

                “Stop moving your head so much you look like a bobble head and I didn’t say I’m dying,” I clarify.

                “So you won’t die?” he asks and I see the glimmer of hope in his eyes.

                “No, I’m trying to fight but I have the strongest feeling that I won’t win this fight and I will die,” my voice breaks once again and Asher holds me and lets me cry my heart out for all the things that I’ve already lost without even having the chance to fight for them. For some reason I feel like the thing I will regret the most is pushing Aiden away but it’s for the best less heartache.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! New update please comment, vote but most importantly tell me what you think;) This chapter is dedicated to @laurag2002 for giving me feedback and telling me what she thought, thanks. Hope you all continue to enjoy the story and depending on the comments I'll update faster to clarify what's going on with London? What's going to happen now that Big Bad Asher is in on the secret? What do you think is going on? 

~Lizzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

850 154 29
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
134K 3.1K 31
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
35K 993 41
She must feel my presence because she turns around to me so I hold up my knife and run at her. "ARCHIE STOP!" she says as I pin her into the hard bri...
34.7K 718 51
THIS BOOK WILL NOT BE FINISHED IM SO SORRY. "It's just another kill like she's just another love, right?" -M.H✈︎ *** All she wanted a fresh start, n...