My Love, Please Kill Me

By SapphireStar

In a kingdom plagued by demons, a young girl found herself more than just a healer. Perhaps more than just a... More

[pt.1] The Beauty and The Warrior
[pt.2] The Cure
[pt.3] The Inappropriate Deed
[pt.4] The Innocence-Taking
[pt.5] The Sacred Marriage
[pt.6] The First Dream
[pt.7] The Determined Ones
[pt.8] The Severe Headache
[pt.9] The One Word
[pt.10] The Reunited
[pt.11] The Horrible Joke
[pt.12] The Foretelling
[pt.13] The Findings
[pt.15] The Unspoken and The Departure
[pt.16] The Worst Scenario
[pt.17] The Truth and The Memory
[pt.18] The Damsel in Distress
[pt.19] The Unexpected Assistance
[pt.20] The Attempt To Get In, The Attempt To Get Out
~Midnight Invasion~
[pt.21] The Demons' Lair
[pt.22] The Supposedly Leader of The Demon Army
[pt.23] The Part of The Bargain
[pt.24] The Secluded House By A Pond
[pt.25] The End of The Darkness
~A Bad Day for Mikael~

[pt.14] The Retaliation and The Revelation

5K 41 12
By SapphireStar

I spent a lot of time thinking how I should write this part..now here it is..and I hope you can enjoy it..

***

Part 14

[Mikael POV]

I was willing to drop the topic for the sake of Lunalea. But it didn’t mean I could just let it go; if you thought I would do nothing after my wife being treated—humiliated— like that, you’re wrong. I would find out who did that to her, although I already had a good guess.

The next morning after the incident, I went to the training ground and tried to dig some information from young warriors (mostly archers) who served under Gabriel’s command. Yes, I was pretty sure that woman was the culprit. They told me that their chief seemed somehow satisfied when she joined them for some practice the previous day. I asked them if anything good happened to her. They didn’t know, but one archer did actually see her in the inner garden with a woman dressed like a healer and he found it quite odd because his chief usually use a male healer’s service. Hah. That’s it.

I headed to Gabriel’s palace in the west side of the castle straight away and barged into her chamber, only to find that she was having a massage. I stood with arms folded as she lazily dismissed her two brawny masseurs and got up from her bed, seemingly had no intention to cover her bare chest. ‘God, has this woman no shame?!’ I thought.

“Put on you robe.” I commanded her with stern voice. She glared at me, defiant look on her eyes. I glared back, my eyes conveying the message that I seriously didn’t like to be disobeyed.

Gabriel snorted in defeat and grabbed her robe. “To what do I owe you this pleasant visit?” she asked me sarcastically as she put on her robe.

“You know I’m capable of killing you right here and right now.” I growled, ignoring her.

“Come now, don’t be so harsh.” She walked up to me with a smug grin across her face that I hated so much. “Why are you so tense, Mika?” Gabriel lifted her hand to stroke my upper arm, but I grabbed her wrist before she touched me.

“I am warning you, woman.” I threatened her, “Stay away from my beloved.”

Gabriel looked angry, but she couldn’t have been angrier than me. “So you’ve find her already.” She said flatly, trying to conceal her emotion in a useless attempt. “I didn’t expect it to be so soon. I thought I’d hid her well.” And I didn’t expect her to admit her misdemeanor right away but she did; I guessed she really had the moral of a warrior after all. Still, she had an acute problem with her attitude.

“I don’t think you understand how serious I am.” My grip tightened, making her flinch a little.

“You can’t be seriously loving her.” She stated. I just raised my eyebrow, suggesting ‘what do you think?’ and she exploded. “Why her! God, Mika, why you chose her, some random girl out of nowhere?!” she shouted heatedly, “When all of this time you never ever look at me! Not once! What makes her so special?!” her face was red with anger and..what? jealousy?

I never thought of this before, but why was she so keen on seducing me? If the reason was the having-a-powerful-child thing, why didn’t she choose Raphael instead? (I knew I was stronger than him, but that didn’t mean he’s not strong enough) It never occurred to me that she might have a feeling of affection for me. And I sneered at that ridiculous idea. From what I perceived, Gabriel considered men as things—she either had it or didn’t have it, and she usually got what she wanted. Thus, she’s angry because she couldn’t have me. That’s it, wasn’t it..?

“Get over yourself.” I hissed, and abruptly let go of her wrist.

“You haven’t answered me!” she demanded. Then she laughed peculiarly, throwing her head back. I frowned, ‘she’s insane.’ I thought. When she stared at me again, her eyes showed a glint of arrogancy. “So I am right. You’re not seriously loving her. It’s just infatuation.”

‘Hmm..I’m right, she’s insane.’ I glanced at a basin of water on the table. I approached it, gesturing Gabriel to follow me. “Listen, Gabriel.” I looked at her straight in the eyes. “I love my wife beyond reason. And you..” I reached the back of her head, surprisingly gently, and brought her closer to me. “You need to cool your head.” Then I slammed her head on the water basin, making the water spilled onto the table and the floor. Gabriel yelled in shock, certainly didn’t see it coming.

I took a few steps back as she coughed and sneezed, soaking wet. I almost laughed at this sight. “YOU!!” she roared, looking fiercely at me. She gritted her teeth, obviously thinking of something for payback.

I maintained a calm and stern expression. “I will tell you once again and hope it will get through the thick skull of yours: Stay away from my wife.” I said in menacing tone. Gabriel didn’t say anything. I turned around and walked away, and halted in the doorway when she suddenly shouted:

“I love you, Mikael! Don’t you understand??” her voice was thick in frustration.

I didn’t even look at her when I replied: “Those words are meaningless coming from your mouth.” And I shut the door after me.

[Lunalea POV]

After Lord Mikael left for the training ground, I went to Lord Raphael working chamber. I felt uneasy and had a bad feeling about this. ‘What does he want to talk about?’ I kept asking that question ever since I received his butterfly message. It obviously had something to do with my blood test. Perhaps I was sick..suffered from an unknown illness.

Tightening the shawl around my shoulder, I walked faster. The autumn wind was getting colder and I didn’t like the coldness that bit my skin; it somehow reminded me of the night I was found.

I knocked on Lord Raphael’s door softly, hesitantly, but he must have heard it anyway because he answered at once. “Yes.” And the door was opened from the inside, showing the tall and slim figure of my chief; he looked dark today, not all shiny as usual. I was startled and a bit flattered that he opened the door for me, but seeing his grim expression making me feel more uneasy. “come in and sit down.” He said. And I did as I was told.

Lord Raphael closed the door behind him and sat on a chair opposite me. Before I could say anything, he went first, “I will not prolong your anxiety, Lunalea. But first, I must ask you to forgive me because I didn’t tell you earlier.” I just nodded, bracing myself. Lord Raphael rested his hands on his lap and looked at me in the eyes.

“You have demon blood in you.” He told me in a flat emotionless tone, supposedly to lessen the impact of the shock.

I blinked once. Twice. Did I hear him right? Yes, I did. His voice was as clear as day. Oh my God..how could this be..? I clutched my chest and tried to calm the raging storm in my head. “I..am..a demon..?” I whispered faintly. Shock and confusion somehow brought tears into my eyes. I couldn’t believe this! But then..it would probably explain the black-outs..the killing attempts…

“Lunalea..” said Lord Raphael softly, trying to calm me. ”You are not a demon. At least…not the entire you.”

“What do you mean, My Lord…?” even if in a state of shock I maintained my polite speech, I must admit I amazed myself.

“You inherit the demon blood from one of your parents, not both.” He answered.

“You’re saying..one of my parents is a demon.” I rephrased his statement. Thinking that either my mother or my father was a demon made me sick. Thinking that I was a half-demon made me sick. Thinking that I was from the same kind with the ones who slain my husband’s family…it’s just terrible. No, the worst. I stared down at my both hands, feeling my tears trickled down my cheeks, and asked, “..why don’t I look like a demon..with grey skin…red eyes..?” I recalled the image of a demon I once saw—fortunately a dead one—and shuddered in revulsion.

“Because you are only half-demon.” He emphasized the word ‘half’ as if it could make me feel a little bit better. “And the demon blood has been dormant until recently.”

Until recently.. Wait a minute. I looked up at Lord Raphael’s face—he was looking at me with pained expression. “My Lord, how long..have you known that I am..half demon..?” I asked him waryly.

“Since the day I brought you here. I tested your blood that day.” he answered calmly. And I gawped; that long!! Then why did he keep me? Why didn’t he end my life as soon as he knew that? Why..oh why he’s been so nice to me all this time?? ‘I am an enemy!’ my head screamed. A threat; Lord Uriel was right!

As if he could read my mind, Lord Raphael said, “You are not an enemy, if that’s what you think. As far as I know, you never done anything wrong. You have even saved many of our warriors. And I’ve told you..the demon blood has been dormant..”

“Until recently.” I continued gravely. “My Lord, it means..now the demon blood is active..isn’t it..?” I asked him, thinking that it didn’t matter how many lives I had saved if I could just take the same amount of lives after the demon in me took control. I was a threat to this kingdom, now there’s no doubt about it.

“Not entirely active.” Answered Lord Raphael. “You sit here listening to me is the proof to that. But I’m afraid..it’s only a matter of time..” he looked thoughtful, his blue eyes clouded.

I sighed heavily, knowing that there might be only one solution to this..and it didn’t involve my being kept alive. But deep in my heart, I didn’t want to give up hope..“What should I do, My Lord? Is there any potion, any way to supress the activation of this demon blood..?”

The chief healer looked apologetic, “Forgive me, Lunalea..but I cannot think of any way or any potion.” He said regretfully, “ Perhaps if there’s enough time, I can look for something. Anything. Perhaps if I know more about your past…”

“My past..” I mumbled suddenly, recalling the event at the north tower the other day. “’you may find the answers you seek in the underworld..’” unconsciously I reiterated Lord Uriel’s prophecy.

“What’s that?” asked Lord Raphael curiously.

I shook my head weakly. “My Lord..do you think I still have time..?” He raised his eyebrows in a questioning way; we both know it’s rhetorical. I fiddled the hem of my shawl anxiously and said, “I want to know about my past..But I’m afraid I may need your assistance, My Lord..There’s some place I need to go to..”

[Mikael POV]

Jealousy was like a fire that spread quickly and burned your very being. It heated the blood, it blinded the eyes, it numbed the brain. It could bring disaster when it’s not controlled by logic.

I drew a sharp breath when I saw my wife standing outside the door of Raphael’s working chamber. The man was standing in front of her, leaning towards her and spoke very softly no one but her could hear. They didn’t realize my presence; I was quite hidden behind a column. They seemed very serious and grave, and I couldn’t help wondering what they were talking about. While I was standing there, slowly fuming inside, a tiny voice inside my head teased me by saying: ‘Look how well-matched those two are. If only you didn’t get in their way, they’d have made a perfect couple.’

‘Shut up!’ I snapped myself. My eyes narrowed dangerously when Raphael placed his hand on Lunalea’s shoulder and stroke it gently. There’s this urge to rush towards them and to strangle Raphael’s neck. Yet I tried to ignore it and gritted my teeth. Funny, I never thought I would ever feel jealous.

***

Alright..did you see it coming? He he he ^^; please comment and review..pretty please..I’m feeling like I’m missing something but I don’t know what..T.T

Thank you so much for reading..!! and to my awsome fans..many many thanks! I promise I’ll read all of your works and give reviews whenever necessary..>.<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240 6 11
The love of two people from different worlds. But, their love might not be entirely legal.
521 23 25
Two Different Worlds. Two Different Species. Different Royalty met each others hearts This is a story between a young ice dragon prince and a snake d...
807 251 25
COVER BY: @CJIris She thought she knew human history and that she understood the world she came from but one magical encounter made her believe that...