The Edge of Our Fate

Da JKimCrawford

"...I don't want to make the choice that I would regret the rest of my life again. And now, I say, I am not l... Altro

Chapter 1 - Our Origin
Chapter 2 - Broken Out
Chapter 3 - Davenport's Return
Chapter 4 - Alert
Chapter 5 - Hold On
Chapter 6 - Deep Down in the Impasse
Chapter 7 - Truth Revealed
Chapter 8 - The Rain on Fire
Chapter 10 - Connection Encrypted
Chapter 11 - Not Again
Chapter 12 - This is War
Chapter 13 - Strike Back
Chapter 14 - The Defense Before Dawn
Chapter 15 - Awaken and Broken
Chapter 16 - Judge

Chapter 9 - Revenge

2.3K 59 19
Da JKimCrawford

Bree's P.O.V.

Chase's face blushes red and he runs even faster, trying to show the reason of his increasing heartbeat is running, not me. I pull a few strip of his wet hair to the back of his ear and whisper. "It surprises me of how simple it was to turn me yours." He turns his head to the direction I am at. He somehow manages to penetrate directly through my eyes. The tips of our noses are slightly touching, even he will not be able to see that. "It was not that difficult. Considering the fact that you have always belonged to me."

I rest my head on his shoulder. "I always will." He smiles and keeps running agilely again. We have travelled a long path before I identify a small wooden hut on the way. "Chase, look," I point at the house not far away. "Great, perhaps they'd let us get in and take cover from the rain," His eyes lighten up as he accelerates. We soon come to the front door of the hut and he knocks. It has been a long while before a teenage girl with long blonde hair come to answer the door. Chase wipes the rainwater on his face and says politely. "Excuse me, I have just got-"

"Are you, Chase Davenport?" the girl interrupts as she raises her eyebrow.

"Yes uh, perhaps you have seen me on television before. As you know, I am a bion-" Chase stop abruptly as I kick his butt before his stupid ego ruin everything. He grit to resist from yelling out. He grabs my legs more tightly and lets out a long sigh. "The rain is so heavy outside. Would you mind if-"

"Come on in." The girl cuts him off again. Her tone is cold and dull. She walks back into the house. Chase follows in hesitantly. He turns around to close the door. It is a delicate wooden house, somehow looks smaller from what it seemed outside. The dust covers most of the furniture.

"This is the-" we turn around and find the girl nowhere to be seen.

"Uh okay... that was weird," he mumbles, confused. I jump off from his back and stretch. When I look up, I see him standing straight again with a puzzled face, which soon relaxes to a goofy grin - his remarkable sign of discovered something. "Should've known you're good when I was kicked hard by your leg."

"It was way better resting on your back than having to run on my own," I answer as I pat my mission suit to wipe it dry. "You're right," he nods. "It was better."

I run my fingers through my hair and rub my nose, pretending that I misunderstand his meaning, just to realize that he would not be able to see me. "Except that I still couldn't control my super speed, I am alright."

"Anyway," Chase looks down at me, seeing through me once again. "When she return, you'd better stay invisible. And don't make a sound. She won't be too happy seeing-"

A giant trapdoor suddenly opens below us and we lose our balance. We fall into that endless hole. "Why-- am I -- always-- the one- being-- cut off?!!" Chase cries before we hit the hard cement ground. The hole on the basement ceiling which we just fell out from closed. Beams of laser are discharged from the ceiling and locked in place around Chase, trapping him inside the bionic-proof cage.

"Welcome."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chase's P.O.V.

I press my arms on the ground to get up. My mission suit covered with rainwater wets the floor. I hear the sound of panting, it belongs to Bree. She is still here with me, invisibly, but outside the cage. We are captured, that is all my brain can interpret at this moment. That they do not know they had captured two instead of one bionic superhuman, is our advantage. I look around, we are in a basement, or more precisely, a lab. It is vaguely familiar. I look up at the girl who has just spoken out, and the two people behind her. My jaw drop.

"Lexi?! Tank?! Why are you- You are not supposed to be here!" I yell at them. They stare at me blankly. "And who are you?" I switch my attention back to the blonde. Too bad I didn't scan her or I would have already understood the whole situation.

"Name's Skye East." She says with her typically cold tone."Sounds familiar to you, doesn't it?"

I frown at her rhetorical question, it indeed did remind me of someone. I quickly pull this thought away and shakes my head. "Look, I believe you have mistaken something. We haven't met before. I believe that-"

"Save it," Skye interrupts coldly. "You are Chase Davenport, that's all I need to know."
The haughty blonde girl walks over to a cyber desk. She taps on a button on her tab and a live stream view from the surveillance cameras pops up on the screen. "The mentors quarters? You have been spying on us!" I shout when I see the screen.

Two people walk into the quarters. One of them is holding a tiny chip, putting it into his pocket carefully. The two are not others, they are us, me and Bree.

Chase and Bree draw back as somebody come in their way. Adam, Leo, Mr Davenport and Douglas rush in. They point at us and yell. The live stream is set silent and I can not hear anything. Chase and Bree look at them detachedly and pressed their fingers under their ears. Then they are changed back to their own form.

Sebastian.

Marcus.

The cyber-masks have tricked everyone. I can't have imagined what these two did while the real Chase and Bree were gone. Leo throws an energy ball at Marcus' stomach. The ball is deflected by some sort of molecular kinesis controlling energy of Marcus. Adam tries using his blast wave but Sebastian has generated large lightning bolts in the air and knocked all of them out almost instantly.

"NOOOOO!" I cries loudly (part of the reason was also to cover for Bree's scream by screaming louder than her), convincing myself that it isn't real. His electrokinesis has strengthened a lot than last time I saw it during his rebellion. I am completely stunned, it is nearly the Lightning Generation of Victor Krane. Where did he get such strong ability without fusing out?

Marcus stands aside and chuckles evilly. Sebastian and he geoleap and they are gone from the quarters. The team are left on the floor, unconscious.

The image of the dismal scene vanishes from the screen as Skye taps the button again. "Seeing your closest ones being tortured is always the most painful kind of torture," she turn and look back at me. "I know that feeling."

I shut my eyes close and reopen. "It was Troy West, wasn't it?" Skye purses her lips up as she examine a metal knob on the wall next to the cyber desk quietly. "Sure enough, the smartest person in the world."

"Yes. It was him. It was you, the so-called bionic heroes who destroyed him, the only one who'd care for me. And I'm gonna take revenge, to fight for what he deserved to have."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bree's P.O.V.

It has been a difficult struggle for me to resist from attacking them, watching all the scenes that happened. I hold my fist tight and am ready for battle at any moment. Nevertheless, I know the only thing I can do was keep silent, to ensure Chase's safety.

But then the name Troy West stuns me. I did not think all these pieces are all related to each other. Skye's words somehow make me feel guilty, I am the one who killed him at the end of the day. The incident was still a nightmare to me, Chase nearly died because of me.

And it surely is a nightmare to Skye too, she avenges because of Troy's death.

Skye grasps the knob tightly, facing us with the back, shaking. Troy must've been an important person to her. No matter who, is still worth such kind of pity.

"And you'd never feel that kind of pain. Have you ever been guilty of what you've done to him? You needed to feel that, to see how hurt it was to see the most loved one being tortured painfully." her voice cracks.

What?

Chase is not the guilty one. Why would she direct it on him? What does she mean by "see the most loved one being tortured"?

There is only Chase.

Skye turns the knob slowly. Nothing happened. She continues rotating it more. Chase suddenly collapses and kneels on the floor. He grits hard and shuts his eyes. The more Skye turns the knob, the more painful Chase's expression is.

Skye was right. My heart shatters in pieces when I see him fall helplessly. He covers his ears with his hands tightly and rolls on the floor. I rush by his side and tears fall uncontrollably. He is in pain. I am impotent.

"AGHHHHHHH-AHHHHHHHHH-" Chase cries so loud that I can barely stop sobbing. He struggles so hard on the ground and I still have no idea of what is happening to him. Skye has rotated to the knob to its end and she stops. She draws back and stands next to Lexi and Tank, watching the scene.

I glare at them and set out to fight, even without my super speed. They are the ones who hurt him, and they are gonna pay for it.

"NOOOOO... AGHHHHH" Chase yells just as I am ready to tackle them down. I brake and turn my head. "DON'T... MOVE..." he orders painfully as he continues crying. He squints his eyes tight but he is staring, at me. How is that possible? I am still invisible, how does he know I was gonna attack? Especially when he is inside the bionic-proof cage.

I tumble and fall next to Chase, crying. Not caring about how loud I sound, I want to share his pain, I want to suffer with him. He should not be fighting alone. I am here, but I do not know how, not even the reason of his pain.

"AHHHHAH-" then Chase's yell stops suddenly. He relaxes his hands and looks up at the knob blankly. I do not know why did the pain stopped. He lies on the floor still, panting.

"Seemed finished," Skye sums and snaps her fingers. The knob is rotated back to its original position. "Go and get Marcus and Sebastian." she orders. Lexi and Tank geoleap and disappear.

"It's only the beginning." Skye looks down at Chase, smirking. "You won't succeed," Chase says as he gasps for more oxygen. Skye crosses her arms and turns around. "I am gonna leave you here, fighting alone. But I guess your family will soon come and rescue you, won't they?" I groan silently and look back down at Chase, waiting for his rebellious response.

He remains silent.

"Good day," Skye chuckles and walk out of the basement, slamming the door shut.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors's Note:

A longer chapter than I expected, but it is one of my favorites:)
Now that we know the two people disguising as Bree and Chase were Sebastian and Marcus...

What did they go to the island for?
How did Sebastian, Lexi and Tank escaped from the prison?
What had been torturing Chase? And why did it stop?
Did Skye know Bree was in the room? How did she know? And why would Chase know the attempted attack of Bree? (This one was foreshadowed in the previous chapter)
Who exactly is Skye East? (She had a special identity)

Make a guess? So many cliffhangers in this chapter:P

(Btw Skye East is portrayed by Olivia Holt, I just had to ship her and Troy don't judge me)

To be continued...

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

11.1K 216 27
Ever since Leo Dooley moved in with the Davenports almost a year ago, Cassie has gone on many crazy adventures with Leo and her siblings. As they con...
4.4K 221 17
In the Davenport Bionic Academy, amid conflicts and twists with the students and their past, and the responsibilities of the academy, Chase and Harpe...
52.9K 2.1K 38
"You're such a joy to be around."- "Well, you're a pain in the arse." Jordyn had no idea that befriending the lovely idiot who broke her locker would...
180K 3K 24
Katherine Dooley was adopted three years ago, by Tasha. She still remembers her parents before they died, but not much of them. Tasha has just marrie...