group chat ➳ l.h. [completed]

By Narry-My-Storan

❝I've never been as close to a boy as I have at this moment, nor have I with a man. A man that's Luke, a man... More

group chat ➳ l.h.
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
e p i l o g u e
luke & winnie: christmas

t h i r t y - t h r e e

61.8K 2.3K 2K
By Narry-My-Storan

Luke's words sent a chill down my spine, and I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Luke, no." I told him after a few minutes of silence.

He stood on his feet and turned towards me, confusion filling his eyes.

"Do you realize what has happened, Winnie?" He asked with pinched brows.

I tried to speak, but my voice didn't seem to want to come out. I mean, how could I with Calum's body on the floor beside me?

"It was self defense, they will detect alcohol in his blood, we won't get in trouble-"

"I can't go to jail again." He cut in, giving me realization of why he was so afraid.

Prison had to have traumatized him.

"I did this, not you." I told him, letting my gaze drop to the blood stained floor.

He neared me just then, and pressed his pointer finger under my chin so I was looking into his eyes that had fear and sadness lurking behind the color.

"I know, but I wouldn't dare let you go there. Never." His voice held fear, and it caused me to grab his warm face in my hands.

"I love you Luke, I'm not going anywhere. He tried to hurt me, and he tried to hurt you too." I hesitated and watched as he began to nod. "This was all self defense and they will believe me."

"Okay." Was all that he said before I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialed 911, trying my hardest to hold back my fear.

_

Luke held my hand as they took Calum away in a black body bag, and the only sound other than the deafening silence was his mothers very loud sobs.

I cried as well, knowing that I caused all of this.

I answered the door thinking it was going to be a normal day, a great day. Until Calum had to go off drinking, however I was thankful that Luke was back with me before it could have gone too far.

I squeezed his hand, and he pulled me to his chest as I began to sob onto his shirt that was now moist with my tears.

We talked to the cops, and after they found alcohol in his blood and saw that Luke's nose was broken, they believed that he was a threat to us both.

Calum's mother didn't speak to me once, only attempted to grab her son through the body bag.

Luke didn't cry once, only held me tight, for this was my best friend.

Was.

I held onto Luke as if he would disappear, as if this was some sick dream and he would vanish as soon as I awoke. I assumed that he noticed, for when he looked down at me his face said it all.

"It's okay." He mouthed to me over the cops and detectives conversations. And after a couple of hours full of questions and checking Luke's nose and popping it back into place, they, and Calum, were gone.

We sat on the couch in a bittersweet silence for a while, contemplating on what to do or say.

I simply held his hands, tracing over his warm skin with my fingertips gently until he smiled a small but warm smile.

"Winnie," he said softly, and I looked up at him, awaiting his next words.

"I want us to move." He told me, now gripping my hands in his.

"What?" I hesitated to think, and began to realize that it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. This home was full of sadness and the memory of death, so many terrible memories that go over the good ones like a fatal tsunami.

"We need to start fresh, we need to move on." He moved closer to me, pressing a gentle kiss on my lips.

I nodded slowly in reply as he let go, and bit my lip in thought.

"You're right." I replied, "far from here."

Luke smiled, and nodded in agreement. "I love you."

My cheeks warmed, and I grabbed his face instantly. "I love you Luke, so much."

He then kissed me again, except not softly, but rather like the kisses I remembered getting in the morning when Luke had just woken from a dirty dream.

I fisted his shirt and pulled him closer, making him climb on top of me.

I wanted this so badly, I wanted him so badly, however I was still aching inside from Calum.

Plus, Luke knew not of when me and Calum had sex. I wanted to cry from the thought that just rushed back into my head.

I pushed him back gently, and when he looked into my teary eyes he knew something was wrong. And it was, for I had no idea of how he would take this.

"I'm sorry Winnie, that wasn't appropriate from what just happened-"

"I need to tell you something." I cut him off, growing terrified by the second.

His expression grew curious, and each time I wanted to tell him, my mouth would close.

"What is it?" He asked, sitting up and leaning closer, awaiting what I had to say.

"Me and Calum," I hesitated, and his eyes filled with realization almost instantly. "While you were gone.." I kept on and grabbed his hands with my slight shaky ones.

"Wait," he tore his hands from mine and stood up on his feet with his lips agape.

"Luke, keep in mind it's been a year- I thought I would never see you again!"

"You had sex with him?" He asked, not yelling, but simply asking with a clenched jaw.

I closed my eyes before nodding, lowering my head afterwards.

Silence took over the living room that seemed to grow tighter and smaller by the minute, and once two minutes passed, he was sitting beside me on the couch again.

His breaths weren't as heavy as they were a minute ago, however I knew by his silence and clenched fists that his jealously and anger wasn't yet resolved.

"I guess I don't have to worry about that happening again do I?"

"That's not funny." I replied, biting the insides of my cheeks.

"Neither is you sleeping with him."

"Luke did you not hear me?" I hesitated, "I said  I thought I would never see you again, I didn't do it right after you left. Do you know how I felt without you? There were reminders of you everywhere. Your bed, your clothes, that god damn cake you made me for my birthday!" I yelled, feeling warm tears down my face, burning over the old ones from Calum's death.

I watched his face as it fell, and I wanted nothing more than to pick it back up into a smile. He deserved to smile, even more than me.

"I didn't have memories of you much there, but I can sure as hell assure you that my mind was enough. All I ever thought of was you, Winnie."

"And so did I! I still love you Luke, I never loved Calum."

And again, he stood up on his feet.

"Then why did you have sex with him?"

"I don't know! He was there and helped me cope with you being gone for so long," I stopped and bit my lip, tasting the salty tears on my tongue.

"Winnie," he ran his hand through his longer hair, tugging at it at whilst in thought.

I watched him pace around the living room floor, not meeting my eyesight once.

I desperately wanted to hear words fall from his sweet tongue, I longed for it, and for his embrace that now seemed so far out of reach.

"You know what, fuck him." He said finally, causing my lips to part In shock. "You're mine now."

His words were shocking yet great to hear, and I was thankful that he understood.. in a way.

"I was never even his, baby." I told him, the word baby feeling foreign on my tongue.

He looked up at me as I said it, and hesitantly held my hands, pulling me up from the couch.

"Let's just never talk about this again, please." He swallowed hard, and I quickly nodded in agreement, feeling relief wash over me, though tension was still lingering between us like a drop of lava in cool water.

Steam rose from between us, relieving us from the fire of our yelling match before his arms were pulling me into an embrace. The same embrace that I longed for for an entire year, and the same embrace that had me crying against his chest.

"You cry a lot, Winifred." He whispered in my ear after a few moments, trying to lighten the mood.

And through the tears, I smiled. "I know." I replied, and held onto Luke so he would not disappear.

____

(A/N)

Guys.. There's going to be two final chapters left of Group Chat. I can't thank all of you beautiful people enough, I've been on Wattpad for years and always had 10 reads and was lucky to get a comment once in a while, (and when I did I usually shrieked but ANYWAYS..)

Yes I read every single comment, and still get excited when people say something to me and share what they're thinking. (Yes, even the sexual comments and the amazing "POST FUCKING SMUT".. That ones my favorite ;) and it may be soon to come.. See what I did there?)

I will be writing another story on here soon, but mainly am gonna be focusing on "The Boy in Black" on my personal. ( CaptivatingWords ) .. So if you haven't read it yet, you should ;)

Much looveee.
-Bailey xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 5.1K 43
A collection of blurbs/preferences/imagines about daddy!5sos. *NOT DADDY KINK* All are written by me, and requests are welcomed with open arms!
1.5M 39.9K 37
It was not a secret that my best friend's dad is the definition of hot, but he is my best friend's dad, and I love her, but how do I tell her that I...
86.8K 1.5K 28
"Shhh Don't Tell Mommy." I Said Before I Kissed Him. Analexi Westbrooks Is Just A Regular Girl With An Irregular Crush On Her Mom's New Boyfriend, Mr...
212K 3.8K 29
Maybe you thinking, having a 'thing' with someone who is practically family is bad, well Olivia denies this, never planned anything towards her child...