Grey Sky { Previously, JAWS }

By scourgify

Don't let them devour you. *** "Werewolves aren't real." "What if they are? What if we're both werewolves?" "... More

Grey Sky
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Interlude
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 - Part 2

Chapter 5

49.5K 1K 100
By scourgify

Banner is made by cathykiley c: Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 5
Her POV

How should I put this? I must choose the right words to describe this. Somewhere, at some time, I had woken standing up in a field. A very flowery field.

Too flowery for my liking.

I woke up with my eyes open and my ears and fingers tingled whether from hotness or coldness, I don't know. Sunspots filled my vision, effectively blurring it but when I looked at the sky, no sun was visible. The sky was cloudy.

Too cloudy for my liking.

I looked around and saw a river to my left and a single tree to my right. What made me confused is everything looked like a dream, it looked just like what they made it look in the movies. Everything looked soft.

Too soft for my liking. Everything looked dreamy.

Too dreamy for my- Okay I should stop. It's getting annoying the longer I thought of it. I wandered down the field, unaware and uncaring of the perils that was waiting ahead. Especially now that I learned my best friend is a werewolf. I stood frozen on my tracks, the wind violently made contact with my skin. How come I knew that my bestfriend was a werewolf? I don't even know that I have a bestfriend. Wait, I don't even know my name. And Werewolves don't exist. I snorted and proceeded to walk along the never-ending field, not caring that I don't know my own name. That's when I realized I wasn't alone since I woke up.

A tall lady was walking beside me all along but had been very silent since. I tried to look at her but every time I did, sunspots would blur my vision. Stupid sunspots. And stupid lady. I awkwardly stood still and looked down at my feet. The lady stopped too but this time she spoke.

The chosen shall fight
At the opposite of night,
On my rightful command
Darkness will invade your sight.
A quarter of my power
You may be devoured,
To save humanity
He must not scour.

I closed my eyes. Her voice was so soft and soothing, I'm surprised I haven't slept yet. But what is up with her? Blabbering about abilities and nights. I raised my head and looked at her, prepared of the sunspots that may come, but no sunspots made me blind. Still, I couldn't see her face. Oh gosh, what if she doesn't have a face? What if she's a ghost? What if I'm dying? What if she's a faceless ghost and I was dying?

Nah, probably not. She wore a long flowing white dress and had a silver and black headdress placed on her head. It had a round thing in front of it. I shrugged and began walking again. This time she didn't follow me but she kept on chanting her earlier words. I ran, her voice sounded demanding and full of authority but smooth still. Her voice got stuck in my head as well as what she was saying. I slowed down my pace, every time her voice raised a note higher, the light somehow surrounded me and got brighter. Her voice was now ear-piercing and there's blood coming out of my left ear, my eyes were screwed tight. I stopped and kneeled on my knees, I kept myself from twitching in pain. Instead, I let out a very girly - too girly for my liking - scream and I felt numb.

•••

Oomf. I grunted when my body made contact with the floor of my bedroom and I tried to stand up, my elbows carried my weight. A sharp pain made me cringe and I held my head in my hands. Did I really drink a lot last night at the party? I slowly stood up and opened my eyes. My clock read 6:45, too early, but I made my way to the bathroom.

I huffed loudly and did everything I was supposed to do, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around me. Walking towards my closet, I noticed an unfamiliar article of clothing dangling from inside. I opened my closet and a black leather jacket fell out of it. I grinned, I knew that it was Dylan's but what I don't know is why it's here. I shrugged, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I put on a white tee and black skinny jeans. "Dylan can I borrow your leather jacket?" I cried out loud although he wasn't there, "Silence means yes, cousin." I chuckled and slipped on flat suede boots. I sat on the chair of my vanity and put mascara on my eyelashes and lipgloss on my lips. Standing up, I looked back at my reflection on my full-length mirror and smiled.

7:30am, my alarm clock read and I decided to go downstairs.

"Mom!" I yelled, probably waking up the whole neighborhood.

"Yes honey, I'm here. And please don't shout, you're waking up the whole house." She replied, I went to the kitchen and the smell of pancakes brightened up my mood.

"Pancakes, yum. I feel like I haven't eaten in ten years." I told her and looked for a plate and a fork. When I found what I was looking for, I immediately sat on the stool in front of the counter.

"If a day counts as ten years for you, then okay you haven't eaten in ten years." She smiled warmly at me and put 2 pancakes on my plate. I reached for the syrup and generously splattered it on the pancakes while my Mom eyed me with amusement in her eyes.

"What?" I said and dug in. The thick sugary liquid invaded my mouth. I moaned in pleasure. "You should make these more often Mom." I told her but I was sure it sounded like 'youshamaetismoreofand'. She gave me a warning look in response.

"You've gotten fatter since the last time I saw you." I almost jumped when I saw my Dad but his comment didn't escape my ears.

"Dad, I don't even think you saw me yesterday." I told him and I swear I saw him stiffen but relax eventually.

"Good Morning! The handsomest is here." I heard the door open and Luke's bright voice echoed in the house. I made a gagging noise and in a split second, all six faces were eating pancakes around me.

"Cocky." I mouthed to Luke and he smirked.

"Well, since you all are here I want to share to you my dreams." I announced excitedly.

"Dreams?" Jason asked and sent me a questioning look.

"Yup, I'm not sure about the first one but the second one I'm sure." I told them with a smile.

"You've got our ears then." Amber said and I winked at her.

"Okay my first dream was about Nick and it was hilarious. Guess what?" I excitedly told them and they sent me amused smiles.

"He's got an STD?" Carly said first and turned to look at a pissed off Nick. Impossible, I thought, as being Nick's best friend also made me in the know of the amount of condoms he buys on a weekly basis. Kudos for safe sex, I guess. I snorted and focused again.

"That is nothing to joke about, actually he was a werewolf in my dream. I mean, come on, Nick and Jacob Black just don't go together." I said and chuckled loudly but stopped and awkwardly looked at the eight pairs of eyes staring at me. Realization bitch-slapped me and I stared back at them with surprise and anger.

"Oh come fucking on! That wasn't a dream? No, I don't want to believe any of you. Just no!" I crossed my arms to hide the fidgeting.

"Watch your words young lady." Dad narrowed his eyes at me.

"Sorry Dad, but no. For all I know, all of you here are werewolves and are just waiting to pounce on me and rip my tummy open and eat my intestines." I said and made a dash for the backdoor, but before I can even touch the doorknob, two pairs of strong arms were dragging me to the kitchen and holding me in place while I struggle in their grasps.

"Honey, calm down. We can tell you everything." Mom pleadingly told me but I avoided her eyes.

"No, are you even my real parents?" I sharply asked and looked at the two adults, I was slowly doubting my identity.

"You have crossed the line Sky Anderson, you will not talk disrespectfully to your mother." My Dad boomed. Mom rushed to his side and rubbed his shoulders softly, effectively calming him.

"You weren't even here almost all Summer. How can you say that?" I muttered.

"I'm going outside." Dad said to no one in particular. Mom trailed behind him but turned to me and held my cheeks so I would look at her. I put my mask on and showed no emotion.

"Anak, we're you're real parents and you shouldn't doubt that. I know this will be hard for you but your friends will be the ones to explain. It's easier." She paused and smiled at each of them.

"Why can't you be the one to explain it to me?" I asked her suspiciously.

"I really wish I could but right now I have to take care of your Dad. He might do something he'll regret." She softly spoke and ran for the door. We heard a soft click indicating she was gone.

"You might want to release me from your death grips now." I said to Jason and Carly and glared at them.

"So... what?" I asked loudly.

"Where do you want to start?" Scarlette nonchalantly asked me and tilted her head to the side. I thought about everything but one question wanted to be answered first.

"So, are you all um... werewolves?" I asked while biting the insides of my cheeks.

"Yup. In fact, this neighborhood is full of werewolves Sky. Even some teachers at school." Scarlette answered and I gulped.

"What, am I like the only one here who doesn't know about this?" I sniffed and crossed my arms.

It was Luke who answered, "Right now, yes. But we were told about it just before shifting. Except Nick, obviously." I sent him a questioning glance but he just waved me off.

"Do you guys eat people? Like I see in the movies?" I said and imagined my friends eating lungs and bladders. Yuck.

"No! Of course not, what the hell woman! That would be nasty, cannibalism." Carly yelled, terrified at the thought. I would've laughed but I didn't.

"Tell me everything you guys know." I said in my coldest voice possible, I noticed at the corner of my eye that Amber flinched at my tone.

"For the love of god, Sky you don't have to act like that. We're your friends." Nick angrily said. My head immediately snapped at him, eyes narrowed.

"Act like what? For your information, you were my friends yesterday but at this very moment, all of you including my so-called parents, all are just mere strangers to me so you don't have a say about what I feel." I finished my speech in one breath, Nick was in front of me struggling out of Luke and Jason's hands.

"Calm down, Alpha." They told him.

Nick stopped struggling and stared at them, annoyed. "You idiots think I'm gonna hurt her? I don't hit women. Keep your paws off of me." He continued and I gawked at him. Nick's eyes were changing from blue to midnight black. And Alpha? What the hell is that?

"Shut it the two of you. Calm down and just listen to us, Sky. Fighting will lead us to nothing." Amber slowly said, making sure every word knocked some sense in our heads. After some minutes, Nick shrugged and just leaned on the sink, eyes casted down, arms crossed on his chest.

"Are mom and dad werewolves too?" I blurted out, staring down at my hands.

"Yes." Scarlette answered, tears wanted to spill out of my eyes, "Does that mean I'm adopted?" I asked and bravely looked her in the eyes.

"No." She said with a frown and furrowed brows. I sighed in relief, a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I looked down again.

"So does that make me a werewolf?" I asked aloud, fiddling with the zipper of Dylan's jacket.

"Yes, of course." Scarlette said, I can hear the smile in her voice but I refused to look up, "But why can't I uh... well, change into a wolf?" I asked.

"That was the exact reason we don't want to tell anything yet." I whipped my head at the sound of my Dad's voice meters in front of me. I gave him a look, he seemed to get my question.

"Let's clear everything out shall we?" My Dad said and sat on a chair by the dining table. I nodded my head.

"First of all, we are all werewolves." My Dad started, "That includes you, me, your mother, your friends, your uncles and aunts, cousins and some people at your school." I wasn't surprised about my family being werewolves.

"But why haven't I changed?" I asked him, frustrated but he ignored my question and went on.

"Every werewolf first shifts, or changes into a wolf as you call it, when they reach their 16 to 18 years of existence. So don't worry about you not changing yet because you're only turning 18 anyway. You will shift when your body is ready so there are some wolves that shift at the early age of 15, especially those that are sons or daughters of Alphas. After you shift, you most likely will have a bad temper from the feeling of an entity being locked inside of you, a huge appetite since you have two forms now, enhanced senses obviously and once you're part of the pack, you can communicate through the pack or mind link. Those with Alpha blood in them has worse temper because their wolves feel more strongly, and their senses are at it's highest. They also are protective of their pack." My Dad finished and muttered something under his breath, I didn't quite caught it. I was about to ask him what's an Alpha when he spoke again, answering the question in my mind.

"You see, wolves live in groups - packs - and they have a leader. Someone who can protect and manage the safety and give the needs of the werewolves under his control. Nick is the Alpha of this pack we are in, the Black Moon pack. His father was the former Alpha and he stepped down about 3 months ago. Since then, Nick took the position as Alpha. Jason is his Beta, the second in command." Dad finished again and I slowly put the pieces together.

"So that's why he's been so grumpy since the start of summer." I told myself and a small smile crept to my lips.

"Do you want to know more?" My Mom came in and stood behind the chair my Dad was sitting on.

"Yes, those wolves that attacked when we were at Anthony's house, why did they do it?" I answered and asked her at the same time.

"Dear, those werewolves were rogues." My Mom said with a shrug.

"A rogue is a werewolf that doesn't belong in any pack. It's on its own." Luke chimed in, probably sensing the confusion etched on my face.

"Wait, on it's own? But I heard several growls from last night. Are they still rogues? Why did they attack?" I thoroughly asked them.

"That's also the question I have in my head. Those rogues have their leader, they have their own small pack, composed of only 11 werewolves, but they wander around. I killed their Alpha last night, the black wolf which you saw. And everyone from their pack got killed from the fight." Nick answered my question, it was only now that I managed to stare at his face. He looked worn out.

"Any more questions?" Scarlette asked me and I smiled at her.

"Nope, I think I have to digest this info first before you tell me the remaining details." I told them.

"Okay, we really are sorry for keeping it from you dear. We wanted you to shift first then we'd tell everything." Mom said sincerely to me with a sad smile.

"That's okay, I guess. At least I know now that I'm, well...a werewolf and I'm not adopted. I just need some time." I answered truthfully then continued, "I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier Mom, Dad. I have no excuse."

"That's okay honey, we expected a worse reaction, to be honest. I thought you would run away from home." She said frowning and I chuckled at her.

"Sorry for acting that way Nick, or should I say Grumpy Alpha. And I'm sorry too guys, you're not just strangers to me." I smiled and they all nodded and returned my smile except for Nick who sent me daggers. A few seconds passed and I made a gagging noise. Everyone turned their heads and looked at me.

"That was so melodramatic I think I'm going to barf. Ew." I said and everyone laughed at me. I couldn't help but laugh too but I remembered something.

"Wait, aren't we supposed to go to school? And why are you all dressed in your house clothes?" I asked and eyed the 6 of them, my parents shook their heads and stood up, going out of the house again. I took my phone from my pocket, I looked at the time. 8:32am, it read and my eyes widened. We're so late!

"The time guys, what the hell?" I asked but they just shrugged.

"School is out today, some humans saw the wolves last night and we need at least 24 hours to spread that they were only wild wolves, that it's taken care of already by our cops. Werewolves, also." Jason explained to me as we walked to the living room.

"What? But I dressed up nice today, I even borrowed Dylan's jacket." I pouted.

"I figured that, but I don't think Dylan actually let you borrow it." Amber said and air quoted. I blushed, it was true.

"I asked him, but received no reply. Complete silence. And you know the saying so I figured he let me use it." I beamed proudly and in a-matter-of-fact tone.

"I figured you'd say that too. As a matter of fact, that's what you always say." Luke said in a bored tone and I glared at him.

"Whatever, you suck. I dressed badass for this day." I whined, "I'll just change upstairs, be back in a jiffy." I announced but stopped when Luke spoke again.

"Why not change here? We boys wouldn't mind." He said and whistled, "I'd tap that." He finished and I stomped my way to him and tackled him to the ground. I used his weakness.

I tickled him and he broke into hysterics. Soon everyone was on the ground tickling each other and laughter echoed in our humble house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 20.1K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
3.2M 75.5K 38
"I said look at me," he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes. 'Mate...
34.9K 986 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...