Meeting of a Lifetime

By ChaoticCorkyx3

A random encounter in a coffee shop puts Hiccup and Jack through a friendship, that otherwise, they may have... More

The Beginning
Coffee Shop
Start of Something New
Becoming One on the Beach
Standing Up for Love
Moving In
Next Step
I Now Pronounce You...
Honeymoon
Honeymoon Part 2
Not An Update

Start of Happily Ever After

279 12 7
By ChaoticCorkyx3

  A counter full of drinks and many laughs later, Hiccup had finally perfected the drink that Jack had taught him. It was a simple frappe, but Hiccup was a perfectionist; A trait that he had gained whilst trying to impress his father. So, Jack picked up the icy beverage and took a tiny sip before a smile began to show itself on the white-haired male' lips. The drink was delicious, sure it was the same thing he made day after day but being made by Hiccup made it taste that much sweeter. Jack couldn't help but to take another drink and another until he gulped down the entire cup. He then shook his head before turning his gaze to the eager brunette.

  "Hiccup this is..." Jack trailed off, knowing this would throw the other into a state of suspense. We all know how Jack just loves to play around and sure enough, the brunette had leaned his body closer to the other male in anticipation. Hiccup was the type of person whose heart stayed on his sleeve and his emotion was highly easy to decipher. At this moment, Hiccup had gripped onto the apron he had been asked to put on and was squeezing it with both hands. His gaze stayed on the white-haired male and his face had twisted into an expression of eagerness. He almost resembled a puppy looking up at it's master.

  "This is.... Amazing!" Jack finally exclaimed and Hiccup let out the breath that he didn't know he was holding in. That in itself caused Jack to just start laughing. He didn't know Hiccup could be that... Cute.

  "Really...? It isn't bad?" Hiccup retorted but he noted Jack' laughter which sent the boy into a fit of embarrassment, turning the boys cheeks a rosy pink.

  "Of course." Jack stated as he moved a hand to not so gently pinch Hiccup's bright pink cheek, causing the brunette to flail about.

  Jack kept his usual smile as he retracted his hand from Hiccup's cheek and motioned him over so that he could learn the remainder of the drinks. The brunette studied the ingredients and proceeded to make the different coffees until he had perfected each and every one of them. Sooner rather than later, though, it was time to leave. Well, Jack wasn't having any of this. He didn't really like the idea of leaving the brunette so... Early, even though they had been together for hours.

  "Hey, Hiccup." Jack spoke to the other as he placed the apron onto the rack behind him. He then made sure to turn his body fully to look at the shorter male. His eyes wandered over the smaller boys frame but it always returned to his face. Jack loved the way the light made Hiccup's emerald green eyes sparkle and how it made every one of his freckles more pronounced; He even spotted the scar that had made itself known on the others chin. Everything about Hiccup was cute, even the dorky way he dressed. Oh, Jack knew he was smitten with the brunette and he was okay with that.

"How about we get something to eat together? I'll pay."

The brunette was in the process of hanging up his own apron as the question rang throughout his ears. Jack wanted to go out to eat with him...in public? Hiccup wasn't sure he was being serious. After all, Hiccup was rather nerdy and he knew Jack had to be popular,so why him? He quickly shoved those thoughts from his mind and turned to meet the other' gaze. At this moment, Hiccup couldn't help to notice how Jack's eyes resembled the sky, or perhaps an ocean. They were so magnificently blue that they just held his gaze. But, he couldn't daze for too long as he had to respond to the other.

"Really...? You want to hang out with me?" The brunette finally managed to say as he kept his eyes on Jack'.

"Yes? Who else would I have been talking to? So, come on Hiccup. I know a really nice restaurant just down the street." Jack didn't plan on waiting for the response as he was already making his way to the door.

"I... Okay." Hiccup nodded and gathered up all his belongings before he scurried after the taller male.

So, Jack exited the shop and held the door for Hiccup and once the brunette exited the shop he locked the door and made an about-face to the right and began to walk with Hiccup trailing behind. The designated restaurant wasn't too far at all. Within a matter of minutes the two boys arrived and Jack approached the hostess. He asked nonchalantly to be seated at one of the finer tables near the window which, after a little compensation the woman agreed and took the two boys to the table. Jack didn't hesitate to pull out the chair for Hiccup and once the brunette sat down, he did as well. Now, Hiccup had immediately taken notice of the aesthetics of the restaurant.Everything was ostentatious and very beautiful. The ceilings had an almost Italian architecture along with the rest of the restaurant. Not to mention, everything was a creamy white and around the room there were replicas of famous statues. In the lobby, there was even a fountain, which was a small replica of the fountain in Rome. It was all exquisite. Soon though, Hiccup was brought back to reality as the waitress came to take their drink orders. My was she gorgeous. She had long blonde hair that had to be pulled back into a pony tail and her eyes resembled Jack's but she had long, black eyelashes and when she blinked they had perfectly rested upon the apple of her cheeks. Hiccup quietly mentioned what he wanted and she took it down before she had started to immediately flirt with Jack.

The woman was batting her eyelashes and offered him her breath-taking smile, though Jack responded with his own he wasn't flirting in the least. He quickly told her his drink order and she sashayed away., swaying her hips in hopes the male would watch. Now, for some reason that little scene had made Hiccup feel... Weird. His stomach felt as if there were butterflies in there and it made him feel sick. Only one emotion fit these symptoms that he could calculate and that was, jealousy. He was jealous? No way... Over Jack? Hiccup bit the inside of his cheek as he turned his gaze to the table. His mind was racing, sure he knew why he'd be jealous but it wasn't like this was a date. It wasn't too long that Jack noticed this and he cocked his head to the side and decided to start a conversation to break the tension.

"So, Hiccup.. What are you going to school for?" He knew that was a really lame thing to ask, but what else was he supposed to say?

Hiccup blinked and looked up at the other male, giving him a soft smile. "Well, I want to become a doctor. I've always wanted to, I guess. I love helping others. What about you?"

Jack was elated that the other was smiling, even if it was forced. "Well, I'm going to become an elementary school teacher. I love having fun, and I am really good with young kids, so... It'd be the perfect job for me. Ya know?"

Hiccup had grown a more pronounced smile as he listened with increasing interest and nodded. Just then, the girl came back and sat down their drinks and was very obviously trying to get Jack's attention but it stayed on Hiccup. Upon realizing this, the girl huffed and told them she'd be back for their orders shortly.

"Really? I think you'd be an amazing teacher.." Hiccup couldn't deny that it made him happy that the girl was ignored for him and his feeling of sickness faded.

"Thanks, I think you'd be a perfect doctor... I can tell. I belive in you~."

The two kept the idle chit-chat until the waitress returned for their orders and Hiccup decided to go with a medium-rare steak along with a baked potato and such and Jack ordered himself a plate of spaghetti with a salad. Again, the girl tried to gather his attention but gave up quicker and left them alone until she had to bring their food. Although, she sat it down quickly and left. The two each took a bite of their dish and a resounding 'mm' could be heard. That caused them both to laugh.

"This is so good!" Hiccup nodded as he cut up a piece of his steak and held it out to Jack, "Say 'ah'."

Jack blinked but grew a wide smile as he opened his mouth "ahh~".

Hiccup gently placed the food into the white-haired male' mouth and Jack took and bite and chewed the steak thoroughly, "Wow.. That is delicious!" He kept the smile as he used his fork to twirl up some spaghetti and held it to Hiccup. "Ah?"

Hiccup gladly opened his mouth and Jack placed the spaghetti into his mouth before pulling the fork away. Hiccup took in the flavor and swallowed before his dorky smile made itself present on his lips. "Yummy~."

The two boys laughed and continued to eat and talk until they were completely finished and Jack paid the bill. He didn't even bat an eye at the price because to him, Hiccup was worth it. After they left the building, Jack had offered to walk the timid brunette home. Which, was kind of just an excuse to see where he lived but either way. So, a short while later they had arrived at the apartment complex and the two stood out in the front of the building.

Jack turned to Hiccup with a toothy grin, and oh how his teeth were perfect. They were pearly white and and paired up with that smile was just... Beautiful. "I had fun, tonight Hiccup. I really appreciate you agreeing to go out to eat with me. We should do it again." He had hesitated before he stepped close to the brunette and embraced him for a moment before letting go.

Hiccup was a confused little brunette but had hugged the taller male back before looking up at him with a smile. "No, thank you... It was very fun. I'll gladly do it again. But, goodnight Jack." That was the last thing said as he offered Jack a small wave before he hurried into the complex. Jack stood there a moment before turning to make his own way home. In the end, the both of them were like happy little cherubs falling into the trap called love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77 1 5
A Coffee Shop AU about Ranboo, a new student to the city and university, stumbling across The Crows Roost Cafe for some food and he finds so much mor...
50.3K 2.6K 10
This is a short story about a band-obsessed outcasted teen and the handsome barista of the new café. (Cliché, i know. But pfff) Gabe is around his t...
54 3 16
A collaborative story with casts/O.C.s from my existing stories along with a "friend", Haro Takahashi that sparked the idea. This story will tackle m...
114K 2.2K 27
Story about two guys who find out about each other's feelings. One of the guys is a bully and other is just a bullied boy. After one beating in schoo...