Not Set In Stone

By lover-of-fandoms

Daughter of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, that's who Ria Rider was known as. She was expected to be a perfect lit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Descendants 2 Sequel
What If?
Z-o-m-b-i-e-s

Chapter 16

9.2K 280 227
By lover-of-fandoms

Family Day, at last! I've been waiting for this day since the beginning of school and I said farewell to my parents. It's always a lovely day and the weather is going to be perfect. I'm especially glad to spend this day with Carlos and the others. He finally gets to hear the story about how my father fell in love with my mother. What a wonderful story that will be for him.

Along with seeing my mother and father, I also get to see my cousins Elsa and Anna who will bring her husband Kristoff. Kristoff is kind of like an uncle type of a person to me even though if we're being super technically here when it comes to family trees he'd be my first cousin once removed in law. Yeah, that's a mouth full.

Anyways, I awoke to Delta biting at Carlos's nose as he woke up for the slight pain she could cause. It was nothing more than a little pressure on the nose, she likes to think she's like this mighty beast.

"Ow, what the...?" Carlos mumbled as he looked down at his nose to see Delta nibbling on his nose. "Is this good or bad?" He asked me trying not to move all too much.

"It's not anything really. She's just giving you a wake up call. I'm sorry about that," I explained to him, grabbing Delta and placing her on the floor.

"It's alright. It didn't hurt honestly. Kind of tickled actually, she's got such a tiny teeth," he giggled as he crawled out of bed and I took a look at the time. Ten o'clock, man I really need to get a better sleeping schedule. I have to meet Ben in less than two hours to do the stupid recreation of "Be Our Guest." Please, can I break my leg or something so I don't have to go through with this?

"Yeah, I know. Hey I actually have to get ready. I'll meet you down at Family Day around noon. You'll finally get to my father's story," I told him as I got up and stretched out my back. "You're just going to love it so much, I'm so excited," I squealed as he smiled back at me.

"I literally can't wait. I'll leave you to yourself for a bit, see you down there," he responded kissing my cheek as he exited and Audrey was starting to wake up looking like a mess.

"Morning sleeping beauty," I smirked as I turned on the lights and she hid under the covers. I wasn't really a morning person but I could be just to piss off Audrey.

"Don't start," she mumbled as she looked over to the clock realizing how late it already was. "Oh my god, I need to shower!" She shouted jumping out of her bed, quickly grabbing her stuff, and heading to the shower. I was left to myself and started getting ready as Delta scurried around the room.

"Hey, you really like Carlos right?" I asked her as I picked her up and she just looked back to me with her cute big eyes. "Good, because I do too." I said basically talking to myself and sure it was a bit weird but I was making sure my feelings were true. Especially, since Ben and I ended weirdly and we were really never a couple, I wanted to make sure that I actually had feelings for him. I was almost certain I did. Then again, I don't know what love feels like.

I mean yes, I love my parents and Delta with all my heart but that's family. There's four types of love that I believe in and I've only been able to experience three of them. Family as I stated is one of them. That's unconditional for me. Mother and father mean everything to me and I don't know what it would feel like not to love them they way I do. My personal favorite kind of love is loving yourself. You have to love yourself. You're beautiful inside out and if you can't love yourself, it messes with your mind when others love you. Love yourself. The other comes in different levels of love. At the top of my list for platonic love would have to be Benny Boo. There's nothing I wouldn't do for him and he's my best friend ever. It may sound weird to you but I honestly love him so much.

Lastly, the one I haven't been able to experience is romantic love, which is what some people think is the only way to love. They're far from right if they think that. I can't say I've ever been in the love like the way my mother and father are. Yes, I am still only sixteen and I have many years ahead of me but I don't even know what it feels like.

Sorry, for the sappiness that once was Maria Fitzherbert. Now back to your originally scheduled Ria Rider without all the fairy tale fantasy longings.

Anywho, family day, right! That's what I have to be focusing on instead of my unclear emotions. I'm hormonal, I have no clue what is going on. I'm a mess when it comes to romance. Also cursed, but you already knew that.

I got completely ready and then headed down to Family Day to perform our pathetic musical number of Be Our Guest. You know, it's so bad that I'm just going to skip ahead to the moment it was over. I managed to stay on my feet even though Kasper stepped on my heel about three times and I was ready to strangle him after that. Cousins, everyone has them, nobody really wants them.

"Amazing, thank you so much for this Ria! I know how much it bothered you but you did wonderful," Ben said to me as everyone dispersed to greet their family and I saw my mother and father waiting for me off to the side.

"Whatever, you owe me like three favors for this. I'll talk to you later, alright? I'm ready to crush you in croquet later on just like I did last year," I told him since there was always an annual family day and we always played croquet. After speaking with Ben, I quickly ran over to my mother and father hugging them tightly.

"Maria, you were amazing out there just like your mother with your voice." father said as we greeted each other exchanging hugs and smile.

"Please, I'm tone dead. Honestly, I'm happy though because where I lack in vocals I make up for it in artistry," I explained to them as we were heading to our assigned table and the three of us caught up with each other.

It was your typically, "How is school? How are you grades? Did you make any new friends? Are you sure you don't want to date that Ben kid? He seems sweet." Literally, every time mother asks about Ben. I mean I can't blame her, Ben is perfect boyfriend material, just not for me.

"Ria, come on I know you don't want to tell your mother about who you're romantic with but you know you can open up to me," Father stated trying to get me to talk and I looked over to Carlos to see him and Jay sticking their tongues in the chocolate fountains while Evie was holding Dude. What dorks.

"Listen, I'm just going to be totally honestly with both of you. I'm actually dating a child from the Isle of the Lost," I confessed to them as they looked back to me completely confused. I knew telling them would be a bad idea.

"Oh, please don't tell me that it's Gretchen, Mother Gothel's child. That's the last thing we need," my mother responded as I just laughed.

"No, I haven't even met Gretchen who ever she is. No, you see the boy with the white tipped hair, over by the chocolate fountain?" I asked them pointing to Carlos as my father bursted out laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's nothing. Okay, it's just him? You're making me look like a villain."

"Dad..." I groaned as he thought he was hilarious.

"Ignore your father, you really like him?" Mother asked me and I nodded. "Then you have my blessing to date, I know you and I know that you wouldn't date anyone that doesn't treat you right."

Now that I'm thinking about it, telling them was the right idea. Mother seems to be accepting and honestly my dad just wants to see me in a relationship.

"I told the Isle of the Lost kids that you'd tell them the story about how you fell in love. Carlos, my boyfriend, would love to hear it and I know that you absolutely just love talking about yourself."

"That is very true. Go get them and then I'd be happy to tell them."

"Carlos!" I called out since he wasn't too far away from the three of us. He turned around and the first thing you saw was his whole mouth covered in chocolate. He's such a little cupcake.

Literally, Ben making this proclamation was the best thing that's ever happened for Ben and me. I mean, when you really think about it, because of Ben he's the reason we even have a boyfriend and girlfriend. Without him, I never would have met Carlos nor would I ever met Mal, Evie, or Jay.

"Hey Ria, these are your parents?" He asked knowing the answer to the question was yes but he needed something to say.

"Yes, Carlos meet Eugenie and Rapunzel Fitzherbert, better known as my mother and father. I was just telling them about you and me. They're cool with it and everything," I told him and his face lit up.

"Great and I promise Mr. Fitzherbert, I will always be a gentleman towards your daughter," he stated and I couldn't believe how cliché he was being about this whole thing.

When I think about it though, our whole relationship is kind of cliché. I mean beautiful princess falls in love with a villain and they start to date even though they're basically destined to be enemies. God, I love how our lives are not set in stone, even if you are daughter to a beautiful prince and princess.

"Please, you don't have to convince me of anything. It's miss Rapunzel over here that you're going to have to win over with your kindness. Anyways, Ria was telling me that you wanted to hear the story about how the two of us fell in love?" He asked Carlos and he nodded.

"Story telling, I want to hear!" Erika came over along with her mother Elsa and Aunt and Uncle, Anna and Kristoff. Trailing behind, I also saw my cousin Kasper.

"Of course everyone gather around and get ready to hear the best story in all of fairy tale history. Carlos go get your friends pull up a chair and then I'll begin," my father responded loving all the attention he was getting.

While Carlos ran off to get Jay, Mal, and Evie, I greet my cousins Anna and Elsa catching up with them quickly. We talked about school and they asked me more about the Isle of the Lost children since Kasper and Erika told them nothing.

"I personally think it's a wonderful idea for them to be here. I mean we all deserve second chances and these kids shouldn't be punished," Anna stated and I agreed with her. Out of everyone in my family the two of us thought the most alike. Mother was still a little hesitant when it came to some villains, I mean Mother Gothel did mess with her head for sixteen years. She has an excuse for her feelings towards some villains.

"Oh please, what if they decide to send over Han's son? Would you be okay with Kasper being in the same room as him? I certainly don't want Erika near anything around the likes of him," Elsa added and it did make sense. Hans did try to kill both her and Anna. A bit more twisted than anything Maleficent ever did.

"No, Kasper can handle himself fine and just because the boy is Han's son doesn't mean anything. I mean look at Erika and Jasper they're polar opposites from you and Jack," Anna retorted bringing up Jasper which was Elsa's other son that we didn't talk about all that much. He was with his father Jack Frost, yeah, the Jack Frost.

Let me explain, Auradon is the home of all princesses and princes, along with a few others like Christopher Robin, Alice, and Tinkerbell, who don't fit into a group. Then you have the Isle of the Lost with all your favorite villains. North of Auradon is the Isle of Berk and a few other islands with insignificant names. There's another school there, where Descendants of other famous figures are located. One of them for example, is Jasper descendant of Jack Frost. More about the Isle of Berk is meant for another time, this my story and it's time for my father to tell his story. Who cares about Jack Frost anyways?

"Sure, just you wait and see. Anna I honestly don't want to hear a word out of you at home if Han's son comes here by chance, I don't want to hear one single worry or concern from you," Kristoff butted in as everyone gathered around and Carlos sat down next to me.

"Is this everybody? Great, let me begin. This is the story of how I died. Don't worry, this is actually a very fun story and the truth is, it isn't even mine," he started how he tells it every time as Carlos held my hand and we listened to the story along with Jay, Evie, Mal, Erika, and Kasper.

Hearing him speak about my mother and how he fell in love with her was just beautiful. As much as he jokes around, you could tell he was really genuine when he was speaking about mother. You'd think as their daughter, I'd be grossed out by it but it's just so beautiful it's hard to be. Looking over to Carlos from time to time, I could tell that he thought it was beautiful as well.

"At last, Rapunzel was home and she finally had a real family. She was a Princess worth waiting for. Beloved by all, she led her kingdom with all the grace and wisdom that her parents did before her.

And as for me, well, I started going by Eugene again. Stopped thieving and basically turned it all around, but I know what the big question is, hah. Did Rapunzel and I ever get married? Well I am pleased to tell you that after years and years of asking, and asking, and asking, I finally said yes," he ended the story and seeing the smile on the four of their faces made me so happy. They've finally heard a story about true love and they loved every minute of it.

"Then a few years later, things happened and nine months later we were blessed with Ria," he added in, making it a bit gross for me and I'd rather not hear him talk about that aspect of their relationship.

"That was very nice Mr. Fitzherbert, thank you," Evie stated as Ben was calling for Mal and she walked over to him.

"You can just call me Eugene or Flynn, doesn't matter but there's no need to be formal."

"Well, anyone up for croquet? I'm ready to crush all of you," Erika stated standing up as we all got up since it was about time we head over there anyways.

On our way there I was walking with Jay and Carlos, the two of them were ranting and raving over that story and honestly they sounded like a bunch of lovesick puppies thinking about true love. It was kind of cute though.

"So you're saying, that I, a thief, could fall in love with a beautiful princess?" Jay asked and I nodded.

"As long as you're not a totally ass about it, yeah, any girl would be lucky to date you. Hopefully, you don't date a girl that's cursed like me though," I replied and Carlos just shook his head at me.

"You're not cursed. You have me right?" He asked.

"Yes, but something is bound to go wrong. I've only made it past the first date with two other guys and one of them was Ben. You know what happened with him and the other was Christopher Robin Jr. who found out that he wasn't into girls after dating me for a while," I told him as Jay laughed and I punched his arm. "Shut up, I didn't make him gay."

"I'm sorry but that has to suck. Lucky for me, I've had amazing girlfriends."

"Oh really who? Felicite? She wasn't your girlfriend. You two were nothing more than friends with benefits," Carlos responded to him.

"Ah, no don't. I don't want to hear anymore about Jay's love life. It can only go south from there if we continue this conversation," I said walking past Jay and met up with Ben to play croquet.

Carlos told me that he was going to pass on the croquet and just play with Dude. It doesn't bother me, I didn't want to have to kick his butt in croquet. I'm very passionate about croquet as you can tell and I'm going to totally beat Ben this year. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 940 15
-Book 1 in Descendants Series- After the villains are banished to an island, known as The Isle Of The Lost, time has passed and the villains, along...
285K 6.3K 36
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE DISNEY'S DESCENDANTS THEN I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ THIS......or you can. Its up to you! :) Ellie is the child of the v...
218K 5.1K 19
he was so enchanted by her. when she was born, the daughter of queen elsa was thrown onto the isle out of fear of what she could become. now sixteen...
1.8K 53 10
Arya Rider, the daughter of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider turns out to be more like her father and is banished to the Isle. She faces hardships and is bei...