Diner Girl

By dixiegirl1993

Annabelle and her mom own a diner in southern Alabama. When things start getting hectic, Annabelle's mom deci... More

Diner Girl Chapter 1
Diner Girl Chapter 2
Diner Girl Chapter 3
Diner Girl Chapter 4
Diner Girl Chapter 5
Diner Girl Chapter 6 (pic of Jace)
Diner Girl Chapter 7 (pic of Annabelle)
Diner Girl Chapter 8 (pic of Logan)
Diner Girl Chapter 9 (pic of Tess)
Diner Girl Chapter 11
Diner Girl Chapter 12
Diner Girl Chapter 13
Diner Girl Chapter 14
Diner Girl Chapter 15
Diner Girl Chapter 16
Diner Girl Chapter 17
Diner Girl Chapter 18 (pic of Jace)
Diner Girl Chapter 19
Diner Girl Chapter 20
Diner Girl Chapter 21 (pic of Anna)
Diner Girl Chapter 22
Diner Girl Chapter 23
Diner Girl Chapter 24
Diner Girl Chapter 25
Diner Girl Chapter 26
Diner Girl Chapter 27
Diner Girl Chapter 28
Diner Girl Chapter 29
Diner Girl Chapter 30 The End!!
News on Sequel!!

Diner Girl Chapter 10

5.1K 55 4
By dixiegirl1993

The next day I go downstairs to get started at work. About ten minuets later Jace comes to the door and I go to unlock it for him. 

He smiles and leans in for a kiss but I back away after a our lips touch, so it’s just a peck.

I laugh at his sad expression and my mom enters from the kitchen laughing too. Last night I told her about me and Jace and she seemed happy with it.

Mama throws Jace his apron and she hands him his new name tag.

He takes it and smiles and puts it on his apron.

The day was going good until a Maria and her friend, who I think’s name is Alexa.

They walk right over into my section. This Sucks! I don’t want to wait on them!

I sigh and walk over to their table after two minuets.

“Hi, can I take yalls order”? I say flatly.

Maria rolls her eyes and says “Alexa and I will both have water.” 

“Is that all”? I ask, again, flatly.

Maria replies, “NO. You could also leave Jace alone. Someone like him will never fall for someone like you.”

I smile and shake my head and turn to walk away, but Maria’s voice stops me.

“Yo! Diner Girl! I ain’t done yet”! she says with anger.

My eyes flare with anger. I turn to face her. By now the whole diner has become quiet with all eyes on us. 

I look towards my mom in the kitchen and she has her eyes narrowed.

My eyes flicker towards Jace and his mouth opens and he’s about to say something but I hold up a hand to stop him.

I look back towards Maria, who is now smiling. She wants the attention. 

“Well? Are you going to continue or are you going to make me wait all day”? I ask calmly.

Her eyes narrow and she says, “You have nothing! He will never fall for you. You‘re just a poor working girl after his money.”

I look shocked at what she says, but she takes my expression the wrong way and smiles.

I clear my throat, “Alright. Listen here you two-face slut. One, I don’t want nor do I need Jace‘s money. Two, incase you haven‘t noticed, Jace works here. Three, I know I will never fit into your lifestyle. And that includes Jace‘s. And four, who on Earth told you he was interested in me. Or do you just see every girl close to him as a threat”? I ask then look towards Alexa. “Have you ever liked Jace”? I ask her. “Oh wait. I‘m sure you have, right”? she nods her head slowly. I look back at Maria. “Did you tell your best friend anything about liking him”?

Maria just looks at me in shock.

I turn back to Alexa. “Has she ever treated you like a friend, or are just there when she needs something then she tosses you aside when she‘s done”?

She nods her head, and ican barely hear he answer, “She just uses me.”

I laugh with no humor and shake my head. I stare at Maria until she shrieks out in anger and annoyance. 

“Lets go Alexa.” she says while walking to the door. When she notices that Alexa didn’t follow she stops. “Come on Alexa. Now.” her voice is ice cold.

Alexa looks at me then back towards Maria. “No.”

Maria looks shocked, “What did you say”?

“You heard me Maria” Alexa answers.

Maria looks at me and narrows her eyes. “You wont get away with this.” and with that she walks out the door.

As soon as the door shuts everyone starts cheering or laughing. Jace smiles, then comes over and hugs me.

I look at my mom and she shakes her head laughing.

I look over towards Alexa and she looks at me and smiles. “Thank you.”

I cock my head. “For what”?

“I‘ve been trying to get away from her for a while now and I‘ve never been able to do it, until now, so thanks” she answers.

“Your welcome” I smile and she nods then walks out.

I think I might’ve made a new friend. 

A/N -    I didn’t feel like writing in the rest of the week so…Later in the week…

The next couple of days were the best. Jace has been so sweet. Even though I have forgiven him, I want to see how he ‘works’ for a second chance.

Today is Saturday and I wake up to a very loud knock on my door.

“What”? I say drowsily.

I hear the door open but I keep my eyes closed and I don’t turn over.

I hear little clinking noises. I open one eye but close it again. 

I feel the other side of my bed dip and then I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist.

“Mornin‘ Love.” he says sweetly.

“Mm, hi.” I mumble rolling over to face him. I look into his soft gray eyes and reach upto push the hair out of his eyes then I bury my head in his chest and hold him tighter.

I feel his chest rumble with quiet laughter as my stomach growls.

I look up and blush.

“I figured you would be hungry so…” he trails off and sits up reveling a tray of food that is on my dresser.

I look up at him shocked, “You made me breakfast in bed”?

“Well, I was hoping you would share with me but yes I made you breakfast in bed” he says while smiling.

I return his smile, “Thank you. And of course I‘ll share.”

He laughs then grabs the tray and sits in on my bed after I sit up to give up some room for it.

He made a lot. French toast, fruit salad, blueberry pancakes, grits, bacon, sausage, orange juice, milk.

After we finish eating he tells me to go get ready. That he has the whole day planned out for us.

I look at him warily but I go and change clothes, brush my teeth and my hair, and I grab my flip flops.

He grabs my hand when I’m ready and we walk down to the diner.

“Mom”? 

“Here, what‘s up”? she asks

“Me and Jace are going out.”

“Alright. Have fun”!

“We will. Bye Mama.”

We walk out the door and get into Jace’s car.

After we’re in and he pulls out I ask, “So? Where are we going”?

He smiles and grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. “First we are going to the movies. Then lunch after that. Then we are going to get dessert and then I have a surprise for you ”? 

“What surprise”?

He smiles at my reaction, “Don’t worry you‘ll see.”

I have had the best day so far. We went and seen Zookeeper. Then we went and ate Chinese for lunch, then we went and got some frozen yogurt for dessert.

We are in his car and I have no idea where we’re going. All he will tell me is that it’s a surprise.

After a couple of minuets he stops on the side of the road.

“What are you doing”? I ask when he reaches in the glove compartment. He pulls out something black and I realize what it is.

“Oh, no. you are not putting that on me.”

“Come on Belle. It‘s just a blindfold.”

I shake my head.

He sighs. “Please. If you don’t put this on it will ruin your surprise. Please for me Belle.” 

He looks so serious. I roll my eyes, “Fine.”

“Ok thank you.” he says moving toward me to tie it around my head.

“Can you see me”? he asks.

“No.”

All of a sudden I feel his breath on my lips “Good” he says then kisses me gently. He pulls back and starts the car and drives off.

A couple minuets later he turns in somewhere. The car stops and he opens his door. “Stay there do not, I repeat do not take off that blindfold. Please.”

I laugh and shake my head in agreement. Then I feel a peck on my check and I hear him run away.

About a minuet later I hear him walk up. At least I hope it’s him.

My car door opens and Jace says, “Ok. I can either lead you to where we‘re going or I can carry you.”

“You can just lead me. Can I take the blindfold off now”? I ask.

“I think it would be easier if I carried you and no, you cant take it off yet.” he says and takes my hand helping me out of the car. He picks me up and carries me to, well, wherever we’re going.

“I‘m not heavy am I”? I ask. I’m not exactly skinny.

“No your not” I can hear the smile in his voice.

I smile and nuzzle his neck.

“Alright we‘re here. Im going to set you down now ok? I will remove the blindfold, got it”?

“Ok, jeez”

He sets me down then turns in the direction he wants me. When he’s satisfied with that he moves behind me and pulls the string to the blindfold and it falls.

I gasp in shock.

_____________________________________________________________________________ a cliffhanger... sorry bout that, i will try to update again before wendesday, maybe.  i hope yall like it, please vote, comment and fan!! and tell ur friends and fans about my story please!!  thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 85.9K 42
If Tyler Scott knows something in life is that you only give proper worth to something when you finally lose it. Or as Passenger sings, he only need...
1.1M 61.8K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
186K 11.7K 50
Oddball Mabel has always been quirky. Maybe it's due to the fact that she was homeschooled or perhaps it was because of her parents who sheltered her...
31.4K 3.4K 43
"I still wonder about it," I said. His brow furrowed, eyes searching my expression. "Wonder about what?" "Whether you're the villain in my story." ~...