Vivid (BoyxBoy) {Pipe Dream:...

By MonochromeBlue

Ever since an event known as the Disaster, monsters and mayhem rule the world. There are those lucky enough t... More

Chapter One: Karma's a Bitch
Chapter Two: Monkey's Paw
Chapter Three: Sweet Dreams
Chapter Four: Hexed
Chapter Five: Whine and Dine
Chapter Six: Tyrannical Terrorism
Chapter Seven: Flawed
Chapter Eight: Everlasting Light
Chapter Nine: Insanities
Chapter Ten: Torrid Skies
Chapter Eleven: Wished Denial
Chapter Twelve: Abandoned Wonderland
Chapter Thirteen: Finding Heaven
Chapter Fourteen: Numb Delirium
Chapter Fifteen: Spiralling Void
Chapter Sixteen: Call me a Liar
Chapter Seventeen: Fragmented Dreamscape
Chapter Nineteen: Deal
Chapter Twenty: Rupture Reality
Chapter Twenty-One: Kite Flying
Chapter Twenty-Two: Bolin
Chapter Twenty-Three: Simon Says 'Jump'
Chapter Twenty-Four: Cats in Elevators
Chapter Twenty-Five: First Job
Chapter Twenty-Six: City Sights
Chapter Twenty-Seven: In the Dark
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Banshee
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Bloody Mary
Chapter Thirty: Broken Reflections
Chapter Thirty-One: Save the Last Dance
Chapter Thirty-Two: Tiger Pillow
Chapter Thirty-Three: Not Quite Human
Chapter Thirty-Four: Grim Reaper
Chapter Thirty-Five: Safe.
Chapter Thirty-Six: Threads
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Glacial Bear
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Illusionary Monsters
Chapter-Thirty Nine: Pool-side
Chapter Forty: Dinner Date
Chapter Forty-One: Being Patient is Annoying
Chapter Forty-Two: Treehouses in Switzerland
Chapter Forty-Three: Whispers in the Snow
Chapter Forty-Four: Bickering Siblings
Chapter Forty-Five: Gonna Need a Bigger Boat
Chapter Forty-Six: Tag, You're It
Epilogue: XXI

Chapter Eighteen: Hello Kitty

31.2K 1.9K 549
By MonochromeBlue

A/N: Hey-o 

So I managed to pump this chapter out...sorry for the long wait. My life is in turmoil right now, so I'm gonna warn everyone now, I do not know when I'm going to be able to update anything for another few months. I may have a sporadic update here or there but I will mostly be  unable to do any of it until i get this mofo of a degree finished. I am in the home stretch! FINALLY!!!! so my proper updates may not happen again until...maybe December...ish

Hopefully by then, I have enough breathing space to look at my other poor works that i still have yet to continue...or start... ( ̄(エ) ̄)

ahem, anyway thank you for all the support! and I do hope that i can continue to amuse you with my works 

----------------------------------

Chapter Eighteen: Hello Kitty

The bowl of...orange stuff sat in front of me as I stare at it without being able to work up my salivating reflex. To be honest, it isn't really appealing, especially with that big grumpy guy glaring at me through the window to my 'cell'.

If looks could kill...

I switch my gaze back to the slop in front of me. Crazy lady said that I had to finish it before I could even considering see Mr Tiger ever again. So she's playing the 'blackmail game'. I glare at the spoon beside the bowl, going to pick it up with my left hand, a little awkward as I'm right-handed. But I don't want to even look at that right appendage at the moment. I was allowed to dress (finally) after much grumbling about only having a sheet to cover myself. That crazy doctor finally gave in after laughing so hard at my dismay. So I was given a shirt, hoodie and some track pants that I assumed originally belonged to the boy called Rain. He didn't seem to like me much either.

I look up to make sure the grumpy old man was still trying to gain the ability to incinerate me with a look. And sure enough I met his dark eyes...when was the last time he blinked? Does he even have eyelids?

I see his jaw twitch a little and take it as a cue to stop looking. I look around the room instead. It was removed anything warm or of substance, expect for that table thing (Doc called it a Station) and the most cold seat and desk that I am currently sitting at right now. And it was all devoid of colour. Just white. I was forced in here a few days ago. The other room I woke up in was still that weird ice thing. I don't really know what was happening and when I ask the crazy blonde doctor she just shrugs at me and says that it was me. How...?

I shake myself of the thought. I didn't get anywhere trying to think about it for the past few days. Why would I now? No...the only thing I can do is eat this...whatever it is- and see if the tiger is still in one piece after crazy blonde lady has been alone with him since I've been knocked out.

It's been trying, to say the least. Every single bone and muscle hurts when I move. Just thinking about picking up the spoon makes my muscles twinge in pain. Sucking it up, I move the spoon into the thick...creamy...? Substance and awkwardly raise the spoon to my mouth...it tasted strange. Like fake pumpkin and powder-it was awful. I drop the spoon back down, while trying to swallow. I pull a face staring at the bowl, how is she expecting me to finish this?

"Heya, Big Guy!"

I jump as the door opens and blonde doctor was suddenly there. She walks up smoothly to the table, "How's it going? Eating?"

"It's awful," I mutter.

She chuckles, "Yep, it's not really made for taste. Rather it's easy on the stomach and high in nutrients that you seriously need. You've lost a tonne and a half of blood and bruised from head to toe. I'd give you a streak burger with extra-large fries and onion rings but we are low on real food I'm afraid." Then she added as an afterthought, "That and your body wouldn't be able to handle anything intense until we get you hydrated again. Small steps. I can see in your overall health check that you do not eat regularly anyway, so even if you weren't thrown around like a rag-doll in that battlefield, you would still be in the position you're in now. Minus the rainbow colours your body has taken."

"Oh wonderful."

She pats me on the back, "So, finish this bowl and we can go see your little friend."

I glower at her and the bowl.

"Hey, I could have given you a proper potion of this. You only have another two spoonful's to go. Or do you want me to spoon-feed you? You made the deal with me. A litre of water and three spoons of this for you to meet your tiger."

I glared at the bowl and try again. The sooner I get this over with, the better.

"Didn't expect you to be a picky eater."

I mumble, "Me neither." But there was just something about this fake food that rubs me the wrong way completely.

She must have noticed at how awkward I was holding the spoon, "You're right-handed aren't you?"

I ignore her as I lift the spoon to my mouth. Urgh it's not even in my mouth yet and I can already taste it again.

As I'm about to put the damn spoon in my mouth, a presence suddenly appeared near us and I jump, looking up at the mismatch eyes that seem...almost dead as they regard the scene in front of him.

The Doc chuckles, "You would be awesome in a jump-scare video."

"Jump-scare...?" what kinda thing is that?

But she ignored my ignorance, "Hello X. What brings you up here today?"

X continues to stare at me and then looks over at the Doc. And as usual, says nothing.

Doc shrugs, before looking back at me, "Come on, trooper. Two more mouthfuls and you're gold."

I wanted to mutter something unintelligible under my breath, but with the way that big all guy...Fenir, was staring at me still, I thought better of it.

Finally taking my last awkward mouthful of orange crap, I put the spoon back down while swallowing.

"The look on your face..." Hanna looked as though she was on the verge of cry-laughing. "Ah, I want a camera."

I feel rather miffed. Instead, I make sure that the hood was firmly over my head and the sleeve was covering the thing I have to call my right-arm.

"Alrighty, as promised, we'll go meet your little kitty-cat. Let's see you standing." She motions with her arms. As I stood, she nods in approval, "Good, you're still a little wobbly but you are a bit steadier on your feet."

I couldn't meet anyone's eyes, staring at the floor.

"Ok, let's hustle!"

Ok. Is it just me or is this doctor waaay too enthusiastic.

She basically marches up to the door, where Fenir was now in the way.

"Move yo-ass," Doc shoves a pointed finger at his chest.

His arms are extremely burly. Like they're about to burst out of the sleeves at any moment as he crosses them over his chest. "I am not permitting this."

"Move it, Boulder."

"Please, Hanna," his voice is sounding kinda desperate there.

"No. Move it." She protest and he eventually exhales, moving to the side. She looked back at him, "Look, if you're that untrusting of him, you can come along and bring the tranqs." She then continued on down the hallway, not waiting for his response.

I glare at her back. Since when have I been downgraded to a psyco badger with rabies?

Just as I was about to follower out of the room, I hear something that makes me stop.

"Denying what is a part of you, will be denying what is all of you."

"Huh?" I stare at X, who was gazing at the wall.

His eyes slid over to me before walking passed, as if dismissing the entire conversation that we weren't even having.

That guy is so confusing. I shake my head and follow after him. And of course, the moment I took one step out of the room, Burly Big-Arms took a steo in behind me, with a gun at the ready to shoot me in the back of the head. And I do not think they were tranq bullet either. I look up at the ceiling, half praying that he wasn't trigger-happy. But, I think he was looking for me to give him any excuse to end me.

But strangley, I don't hate him for it. Scared half to death, yes...but nothing else.

"I've put the tiger subject down in the stroage," Hanna calls over her shoulder before coming up to a big metal door that looked like it'd take three people to lift the bar that went across it that secured it in place.

"Why on Earth did you go and do that?' Fenir asks, a little annoyed.

"Because I got sick of the claw marks all over the walls. At least, in here the walls are reinforced. Help me open it, would you kind sir?"

Fenir grumbles before walking up to the door and opened the hinge-lock by twisting the handle of the bar one way before I hear and audible click and he then pushed the bar up with relative ease. As it opens, I hear the Tiger making almost coughing noises.

"Go on in," Hanna made a rolling motion with her wrist.

I step up to the doorway.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Fenir mutters, I hear the gun click, ready to shoot me in the back.

"Nope," Hanna replies cheerily. "But I wanna see what happens. I've never heard of a Miasmic Beast being with a human...ever."

It was just above a whisper but I heard Fenir mutter, "That kid ain't human."

It stung a little. But, I still manage to go through the doorway to see that every single thing in the room had been knocked over. Cabinets, paper, medicine bottles...it was a mess.

Dreamer!

"Look out!" Fenir shouts, changing the gun's direction, to something that almost bowls me over but instead a giant black paw curls around my side as a giant head buries itself into my side.

"Ok...that seriously hurts."

Danger. Bad. Hatred. Fear. Smell of death

The tiger's head turns to Fenir, baring its teeth at him. Get away!

It's ok...I pat it's head. I've missed you, Mr Tiger.

"Oh, I haven't seen her so lively."

"Her?" I look up at Hanna.

"Yeah."

Mrs Tiger!? "A girl...?"

"Yes...you didn't know?"

"Um, sorry, I didn't have time ask while I was being shot at and big giant crystal zombies were trying to eat me. Also...there are no words in my head."

By the look on Hanna's face, I really shouldn't have said that. "Sorry, please repeat that...?"

"Uuuuh...I can sort of listen to her in my head...? But it's really just emotion and colours and sensations and sometimes images...there aren't 'words'...I can't describe this..."

"Metal linking, is not an uncommon occurrence with developed abilities," X interrupts.

Hanna looked thoughtful, "That is quite true. I just never really thought it to happen with something who wasn't another subject with abilities...but then again there was a subject who was very attached to a cocker spaniel puppy. Hmm...interesting. I would like to take a brain scan of this while you talk with the cat."

"Um. Pass." I say while the tiger goes back to rubbing her head all over my stomach. "Ok that seriously hurts."

Smell wrong. Get smell back.

Oh. Um, well please stop, it seriously hurts.

She immediately stops but then bring her head up to my face and brushes her head against my cheek.

Well this is cute.

Hanna stares at me, as I try to stop the tiger by pushing against her face.

"Do you mind if we begin asking you questions?" Hanna's voice was so serious, that I almost froze. "We need to start getting serious answers from you."

I glare back at her, "You need to do something for me as well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 64.4K 15
[Book 7] Akin prides himself in taming beasts, but when he comes across a monster that's been kicked one too many times, he finds the challenge he's...
25.5K 1.4K 28
Cursed I am; now cursed, you'll be.
14.7K 834 44
When a deadly virus came and destroyed society as they knew it, leaving a few people to try and survive the aftermath. Not all of them were human, Ja...
41.4K 952 21
When a dangerous killer stumbles upon a man in 'his' forest, he decides to take it upon himself to take this man keep him captive.