Grey Sky { Previously, JAWS }

By scourgify

Don't let them devour you. *** "Werewolves aren't real." "What if they are? What if we're both werewolves?" "... More

Grey Sky
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Interlude
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 - Part 2

Chapter 4

52.2K 1.1K 105
By scourgify

Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 4
Nick's POV

"Hey Nick! Why did you turn into a unicorn?" She hiccuped, "I love unicorns, can I touch your tail pretty please?" She laughed and pouted at me.

Instead of actually having fun, here I was playing babysitter. I really should be a tad pissed but, well... to be completely honest I didn't actually mind. I knew that Sky has low tolerance for alcohol, and I could only imagine where Jason and Scarlette might've ran off to. I shuddered in disgust. But thinking about the two made me think about my own future, and the possibility of Sky's involvement in it. I shook my head, no use going down that rabbit hole. I was brought back to reality when Sky's hand tugged at my shirt. It took a second for me to recall her question.

"First I'm not a unicorn, second no, I don't have a tail and third you're fucking drunk!" I yelled at her but I think she barely heard me. The music and alcohol probably made her practically deaf. It was her turn to frown at me.

"You're no fun unicorn, I thought unicorns are party animals and they're always happy. You're grumpy." She complained and I stifled a laugh and gave her a hard look.

"Unicorns are nowhere near fun, do you actually believe in what people say about them?" I asked her in a serious tone.

"N-no, but the girl on Despicable Me has her own unicorn." She paused, her eyes suddenly lit up. Crap. "You can be my unicorn, Nick!" She finished and stood up from the bar stool and stumbled in front of me.

"Please? Can you be my unicorn, Nick?" She made a puppy dog face. I stared at her, wow. If it wasn't for her breath, she'd be adorable right now.

"I-" I started but she cut me off when she put her hands on my cheeks and looked at me dead in the eye. I stiffened when her hand dropped to my thigh, a little too close to my manhood.

"Please? Unicorn Nick?" She cooed even more and moved her hand up and down my thigh.

"Christ," I stopped and inhaled, "Fine, just tonight since you won't remember any if this anyway." I groaned and she smiled brightly at me, I gave a glare in return.

"Since you're my unicorn now, you will follow everything that I say." She told me and sat again on the stool next to where I'm sitting.

"First of all I want a piggy-biggy-back ride," She stopped and had a thoughtful look, "I think it's supposed to be unicorn-back ride because-" She got cut off when a pair of hands snaked around her waist and hugged her from behind. I growled as a warning.

"Hello there, beautiful." Anthony said and rested his chin on Sky's shoulder. I glanced at her and saw a tinge if recognition in her eyes.

"Why, hello Alpha Nick, I didn't see you there." He faked surprise and it flared my anger up. I growled again but louder than before to show him I want no games.

"Get off her, now." I ordered, letting a bit of my Alpha tone slip. He hesitated at first but bowed and released her grip on Sky, who just stared at me wide-eyed.

"Yes, Alpha Nick." He said and walked away slowly.

"Oh and Anthony!" I said and he turned with a solemn look on his face, "Happy Birthday, man." I told him and chuckled then returned to face the black-haired beauty beside me.

"What?" I asked her but she just stared at me and it made me uncomfortable.

"You freaking growled." She said after a few minutes of silence and I tried not to laugh at her shocked face.

"No I didn't." I told her confidently and took a sip of my cold beer. She shook her head violently like she wants her head to detach from her body.

"What the actual..." I held the back of her neck and held her cheeks to make her look at me.

"Sky, tell me what's wrong." She stopped shaking her head and stared at me, she opened her mouth but then closed it again. I gave her a pleading look but she just turned her head and to the side. I sighed at her sudden change of mood.

"You know," I jumped slightly when I heard her speak clearly, meaning the alcohol was starting to wear off. "I just don't like growling and anything that growls." She confessed and I stiffened, no no no no.

"Oh, why so?" I asked and pretended to survey the room. I already did even before we came inside.

"I just... don't like anything connected with growling. You know, like wolves." She said and I stared at her, jaw clenched.

"Did they already... Do you-" I stopped when I felt someone pushing from the back of my mind, I must've blocked everyone from the pack to reach me in our mind link.

What is it Jason? I asked him right away.

Alpha. Rogues, school, Anthony's house. Luke and Carly tried to talk to their leader but they attacked. He replied and it angered me. Rogues have leaders? Now that's new. I never liked rogues, I think they have no sense of loyalty or camaraderie. They betray and take advantage of anyone who meets their path. I wanted a rogue killed immediately if they dare cross my territory, or posed as a threat to my pack. Jason, my Beta, on the other hand always convinced me that I should let them go if they meant no harm.

Tell Carly to go here and take Sky and the girls home. I'll deal with those goddamn- I didn't finish what I had to say because the loud music stopped and a shrill, bone-chilling cry echoed. Everyone jumped to their feet and scurried for the exits. There was a loud crash, like windows being shattered and snarls and growls filled the house. It didn't take a genius to figure out that those rogues from earlier were the ones attacking us now.

Everyone take humans away from here now and get them back to their houses safe and sound. Alert every wolf and tell them to keep an eye out for rogues or anything suspicious. Carly, take Sky, Scarlette and Amber to my house this instant. I commanded to every warrior in the pack and heard a chorus of replies.

"Nick do you want to die? What the hell are you doing, c'mon let's get outta here!" Sky yelled and brought me back to my senses.

"Sky listen to me, Carly will be at the parking lot and you have to go home with him." I said sternly and looked into her grey eyes.

"What, are you kidding me? I won't leave you here, those are fucking wild wolves, they'll kill you!" She yelled at me, anger evident in her eyes. I would've laughed at her and told her that I almost got killed by a rogue a year ago but I know it'll only freak her out more. Plus, I figured she didnt know anything.

"No, I'll handle this myself. I want you to get out of this house and meet him." A pang of guilt hit me when I used my Alpha tone on her. She nodded although she was clearly confused.

"Now go, get out of here!" I pushed her towards the house's enormous glass doors and went for the source of the howls and growls.

"Come at me!" I snarled to catch their attention and shifted. They don't even know what hit 'em.

•••

Her POV

I immediately ran for the exits, still confused on why the hell did I follow Nick's order! I can already see Amber leaning on Carly's car, looking around her with a nervous look. Fighting the urge to do what Nick instructed me to do, I made a u-turn and ran for the side of the house which was strangely only a few meters from the forest. I ran and ran and made a few turns, I based it all on my instinct.

At first it commanded me to run, but now I was forced to a standstill. I stood to watch two wolves killing each other in front of me, blood was everywhere and their loud growls pierced my ears. I observed the two, one was smaller and has black fur with dirty white paws. It wasn't a good sight, it was thin for it's size and had a scar above it's left eye. It looked distorted and old. The other one was so much bigger and looked years younger and healthier than the other, it has dark... brown... fur...

The hairs behind my neck stood up as I realized that this was the wolf earlier. I'll most definitely blame my instinct if I die today. I wanted to run away from these overgrown dogs, but I can't. I just simply can't because my feet wouldn't coordinate with my brain and walk away. I was frozen on this very spot, I'll probably be dead before the girls or the boys find me. But what about my Mom and Dad, they wouldn't have a clue because for all they know their daughter was at a party, drunk, but completely and utterly safe. Also, what will Dylan and the twins do without my presence? I couldn't just die here today because of my instinct, which may I add is completely and utterly wrong. I was on the verge of bawling my eyes out when I heard whimpers and snaps, in front of me were the sources.

I stared at them, the dark brown wolf's mouth was tightly clamped on the black wolf's neck. Blood was everywhere and it made my sight blurry and my stomach turn upside-down. It was completely disgusting to look at. I was about to close my eyes when I noticed that the black wolf was looking in my direction, specifically at me. And I swear if wolves could smirk, this one could be smirking at me right now. I shivered. But that wasn't the one that made me gasp and turn away and run. It was it's eyes. One was a lifeless pale blue, the right eye. And the left eye was a scary bright yellow.

Again, I found myself running. My heavy steps and frantic breaths echoing in the strangely silent forest, my eyes were tired and blurry but was ironically wide open.

Why did Nick want me to go with Carly? Why did he stay? Why were there wolves? Why specifically at Anthony's house? What am I doing? Why am I talking to myself? Ah, so many questions but very few, actually, no answers. But most importantly...

Where am I? I think I passed by the same tree 16 times already. Yes, I counted. Oh, you really are something Sky Anderson, amusing yourself after everything that happened the past five minutes or so. I halted to a stop and took in my surroundings. Green, all I could see was green. You should call me impressive though, because in this darkness I still managed to determine the things around me, which were clearly grass, trees and more trees. I sighed, I'm lost. Completely and utterly lost.

A sharp cry of pain escaped my chapped lips when my back collided with the moist ground underneath me, a large mad wolf was pinning me to the ground. No no no, don't panic, don't scream, don't move. I chanted. But I was Sky Anderson, I was a different person in front of my friends and when I'm alone. Also, panic is my middle name.

So... I screamed my head off and wriggled my body to get out of the grasp of the oversized dog on top of me but stopped immediately when it bared it's teeth.

Please don't eat me. Please don't eat me. I chanted repeatedly to myself, my eyes were completely shut and my body was shaking. I felt it lean closer. There's drool dripping out of it's mouth!

Great, now my family will find me dead, maybe with bite marks all over me, covered in saliva! Plus there's a strong chance that the drool has the black wolf's blood in it. Dandy, it's just what I needed. Thanks to the gods and goddesses from above. Hallelujah!

I stopped shaking when I heard a faint voice calling out my name, the wolf may have heard it too because it's head snapped to the direction of the voice and it hopped off of me. But of course the goddesses love me so much. The wolf bared it's teeth at me and tilted it's head to the direction of the voice. I scrunched up my nose in confusion.

"You want me to go there?" I asked it suspiciously and pointed my finger in the direction of the voice.

It nodded it's head, eyes narrowed at me. Well at least that's what I think it's doing. I slowly got up, carefully, I walked toward the voice's direction with the wolf beside me.

"I'm here! It's Sky, who is there? Please help me!" I shouted frantically but heard no reply.

"Help me! It's Sky-" I didn't finish. Scarlette and Carly stood a few meters in front of me, sweaty and panting.

"Sky! Oh my god, what the hell happened to you?" Scarlette yelled and started towards me but stopped mid-walk when she saw the wolf and she gasped.

"Sky. Sky, walk towards me." Carly softly told me but I shook my head, the wolf stood beside me in a protective stance, growling at the two.

"It's okay, Nick it's okay. I'm not going to hurt Sky, I'll bring her home. Just like what you said." Carly slowly told... the wolf!

"You're talking to a fucking wild wolf Carly! Have you gone insane?" I snapped at him, if he's making fun of me right now I will kill him and tear him to pieces. A quiet sob escaped my lips and I started to tear up. The wolf's growls grew more louder and foam was forming at the base of it's mouth.

"Sky, please stop crying." Scarlette pleaded and turned to look at the wolf, "Nick, Sky is going to be safe with us. We're friends, right?" She finished and I looked at her in astonishment.

"Scarlette, you too? Oh Christ, I'm gonna die. Thanks a lot you guys!" I laughed without humor and looked at them desperately.

"Sky calm down, just trust us and slowly walk." I looked at Carly in doubt but he continued, "Please?" So I pursed my lips into a thin line and nodded. I stepped towards them.

"That's it. Slowly Sky, slowly." Carly said and held out his arms for me. "Come on." I made another step, the wolf pushed it's head to my body and I stumbled back.

"Stupid wolf." I whispered and it snarled in reply.

"Stop it Anderson, you're making him angry. Now get your ass here already." Scarlette confidently ordered me.

"Yes ma'am." I mockingly told her. I'm calmer now, if you even consider my behavior a while ago calm. I made slow small steps to them but the wolf made no move and just let me.

Slow small steps. I reminded myself and in no time, I was in Scarlette's warm arms.

"Scar, go home and take Sky with you. You know where my car is, don't wait for me okay." Carly exclaimed, still looking at the wolf and handed his car keys to Scarlette.

"No!" They both looked at me in surprise, "We will not leave you here Carly. Who knows what that wolf can do to you?" I worriedly explained but got a smug grin in response.

"Trust me Sky, I know what this wolf can do. Now go!" He turned and pushed the two of us to the opposite direction. We ran and I heard the ripping of clothes but never looked back. We focused on what lies ahead, me trailing behind Scarlette, clutching on her arm for dear life.

We made a couple of stops and turns, and I can finally see Anthony's house. We swerved to the left and found Carly's blue car parked at the edge of the forest. Scarlette pulled out the car keys and slid in, I joined her and rode shotgun. She turned the keys and the car roared to life. She headed for the road towards the house and we just sat there in silence. Lots of questions invaded my head, wanting to be answered.

"So are you going to tell me what's going on?" I asked her calmly but looked straight at the road.

"I'm so sorry Sky, but I'm not in the position to tell you. Let's just head on home and wait for everyone." I was quiet for a few seconds but slowly nodded.

•••

The five minute ride was pure torture to me. Questions made my head hurt and I suddenly felt tired and sore because of all the running. My eyes wanted to close so bad, but I refused. Someone has to explain some things to me.

"We're here." I barely heard Scarlette announce and I hopped off the car. My Mom and Dad were waiting for us outside, worry was evident in their features. I walked towards the house with a blank expression. They approached me and bombarded me with questions but I remained silent, I ignored them and reached for the door. I opened it calmly and I was met by five very familiar faces. Five faces, plus another one outside, that I grew up with and came to love.

"Sky are you okay?"
"Do you need anything?"
"Are you hurt?"

I looked at them each in the eye.

"Who are you really?" I ask aloud. There was silence, deafening silence.

"Sky, what are you talking about? We're your friends." Luke answered me with an unsure smile.

"Oh my god, did you bump your head Sky? Who am I? When is your birthday? What is my original hair color? What year-"

"Shut it Amber, I don't have amnesia for goodness' sake." I snapped angrily at her and immediately felt bad. I shoved the feeling aside.

"Why are you asking us who we are then?" Scarlette asked and came in with my parents.

"It's like you're my friends but you're not my friends." I said and Amber held confusion in her features which mirrored the others.

"What are you saying?" Nick finally spoke up and asked me.

"I don't know, I didn't understand what I said too." And just like that, the tension went down and everyone broke into grins and laughter.

"Typical Sky Anderson." Jason said with an amused smile plastered on his face.

"Don't get too happy, I know you're keeping something from me." I gave them all a hard look, "And if you won't tell me, I will find answers myself." I told them confidently although my insides are tying themselves in knots.

"Well, I think it's time that we tell you about this secret." My mom told me with a suggestive smile.

"So you are hiding something from me, I knew it. I've been observing you and Dad all summer and I know you have a secret. And Dylan is acting strange too!" My Dad snorted.

"But you still don't know what the secret is." He retorted and I fought myself to send him a glare and stuck my tongue out childishly instead. Dad was about to say something but stopped and scrunched up his eyebrows in concentration. Seconds passed and he finally spoke.

"Nick, do us a favor and explain everything to Sky please?" My Mom asked Nick and he immediately muttered a yes.

"Thank you Nick." My Dad slightly nodded his head at Nick.

"Of course." He replied and Dad dragged Mom to the car and left the house.

"What was that about?" I asked loudly but no one replied. Of course, what to expect? I groaned and looked at Nick who was already looking at me.

"So are you just going to check me out or tell me the secret?" I said and gave him a bored look, tiredness slowly entering my system.

"I think we should go to the back of your house, just in case." He said and motioned for me to follow him to the backdoor.

"How does that concern the secret, McCane?" I whined but followed him still.

"Just don't freak out, okay?" He said and gulped for air.

"Uh, sure. I guess." I said doubtfully and stared at him. He opened the door and we went out. He stopped at the edge of the forest and turned to look at me.

"Okay, Sky..." He looked at me straight in the eye, "Those wolves back there weren't really wolves."

"Yeah, I know they're actually pigs. Now be serious and tell me the secret." I almost yelled.

"Man, this is so hard to explain." He said to himself but continued, "They are wolves, but they're half human."

"What? You mean Werewolves?" I asked him and he nodded his head so fast and visibly relaxed. I raised an eyebrow at him then broke into hysterical laughter.

"Oh my god, what has gotten into you Nick? Do you need-" I cut myself off because he looked completely serious. I scoffed.

"Werewolves aren't real." I told him in a duh tone. All I want to know is what's going on and my Mom made it clear to him to explain things to me, but here he was talking about a half-wolf half-human urban legend.

"What if they are real? What if this whole neighborhood is full of werewolves? What if I'm a werewolf? What if you're a werewolf?" He asked and I almost laughed again if his voice and face didn't show all known signs of seriousness. Man, this boy is fucked up.

"Don't be ridiculous Nick, we all know that werewolves aren't real. You high or something," I asked with amusement evident in my voice. He looked at me in fury and later let out an animalistic growl which made me freeze.

In a matter of seconds I could hear bones breaking and clicking into place. And in front of me stood a massive dark brown wolf. No, I refuse to believe all this bullcrap. My bestfriend is most definitely not a werewolf. Werewolves aren't even supposed to exist.

I panicked, I didn't know what to do and again I was frozen on the spot, I felt helpless. But I did something peculiar, I stared right at its eyes. Soon I was mesmerized by those blues that I know too well. Memories of my childhood flashed in my mind and a cute little boy filled my thoughts. Nick, that boy back in 3rd grade who picked his nose and chased me so he could stick his boogers on my hair. That boy that always yelled 'Ooooh, someone's on their period.' whenever I would go to the bathroom in 7th grade. That boy, well, he's a wolf.

All I could think of is why the hell am I not running, instead here I was admiring the blue eyes of the wolf standing proud on all four... paws. I could feel the power radiating from him in waves. I finally had the courage and willpower to speak.

"Holy shit." He walked towards me and I lost it, I let the darkness take over.

•••

Whoop! I love this chapter! Love you guys, please comment your thoughts! Bye :)
~ Eren

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8M 167K 53
They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the most feared and strongest of us. They w...
121K 5.3K 36
Previously Titled: Alpha Hunter ----------------- "What are you?" I asked strangely. "What do you mean dear?" He asked playing dumb. "You aren't a...
34.9K 986 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...
3.1M 75K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...