Beautiful Lies (n.h // 1.d)

By sugar_plumm

Aria is on the verge of dying and Niall is enjoying his pizza. How does a wrong number connect these two fat... More

Beautiful Lies
1. Phone Call
2. Girl
3. Understand
4. Lies
5. Coffee
6. Little Things
7. Loner
8. Moment
9. Left
11. Closet
12. That Night
13. Her
14. Encounter
15. Shopping
16. Cleaning
17. Messed & Perfect
18. Lies and Truth
19. How
20. Dream
21. Dirty Nose
22. Arrangements
23. Exposure
Epilogue.

10. Puzzle

4.6K 118 39
By sugar_plumm

"Hey.. Hey Nialler? Hey!" Harry shook my shoulder in attempt to wake me up.

"Hmmm..." I mumbled.

"Niall.. It's four mate. You've been sleeping for past few hours. Wake up. We have to leave." He tried again.

"Yeah sure. Just a couple more minutes," I asked.

"Niall. What is keeping you up at nights? Whatever it is, has to stop. You sleep at noon cause' you don't get enough sleep at night." Liam interrupted. By now, I had lost my sleep and finally woke up.

"Yeah but we stayed up late last night!" I replied in my defence. I used last night we spent having fun as an excuse to hide the fact that thoughts about Ariana kept me awake. He gave in and they both finally walked out, I followed their actions towards the lounge to have lunch.

"Harry.. Harry.." I whispered, not wanting Liam to hear.

"Hmm? Yup?" He asked, backing away from Liam.

"Can we.. Uh.. Go for a walk after a while? I want to get my mind off of things. And a walk would be good. Just me and you?" I asked, trying my best to not sound awkward.

"Yes...sure..we can?" He replied more as a question, furrowing his eyebrows and giving me a look as if something was up.

"What?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Niall.. Is something up?" He asked, looking more concerned, leaning against the doorframe, popping his hands in his pockets.

"It's just... It's really nothing.." I tried to smile it off.

"Niall I know you well enough to know when you're upset about something and lying. Spit it out boy!" He became serious for a second and became cheeky again.

"Yeah! You're right. You know the phone girl? Well her name is Ariana. I don't really tell you boys much about her but she talks to me. Well we talk to each other. And she has been telling me stuff about herself but it's like a puzzle. It's like she's giving me the pieces of the puzzle which don't even fit together! Like I try to put them together but..but they're always missing something. She tells me things but they never make sense to me! And believe me, I want to know what it.. What has left her so alone.. What is 'that night'!" I spoke, very frustrated on the fact that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't put them together.

"Ah! It's about her. You know what? Give her time. Trust is what she's after. She needs to know that she can trust you and then she will tell you. I mean, like you said, she is giving you pieces but she wouldn't give you the base of the puzzle until she knows that she can trust you with it and that you will not break it apart. And for that, you need to wait." I could tell that this left him surprised as well as he spoke something deep.

"Thanks mate! I know I can always count on you all!" I smiled, genuinely. He patted my shoulder and gave me a 'let's go' look.

~~

"Where you boys going?" Liam asked as we reached for the doorknob.

"Oh.. Just for a walk. We'll be back soon." I smiled, opening the door and feeling the warm summer breeze.

"Okey. Fine. Just don't get lost!" Liam chuckled.

"We won't!"

We walked towards our residences' entry gate, throwing our beanies upon our head along with our sunglasses, dressing in disguise.

"It's kinda cold today! Summers are nearly over!" Harry said rubbing his hands together.

"Yeah it is aye?" I replied.

"So..? Where do you wanna go?" He asked, as we stepped out of gates.

"Not anywhere, just somewhere.." I mumbled, taking in the beautiful night sky.

"We resume the take me home tour in about a month. Done with America and UK. I really want to go to New Zealand!" He smiled, excited to resume the tour next month. We took a month and few weeks off from our busy schedule.

"Yeah.. It's a very pretty place! Next time we go, I am most definitely going to do bungie jumping!" I said. By now, we had been walking for a few minutes to wherever our feet guided us to, talking about stuff of here and there. We were lucky enough to not have been stalked by paparazzi and fans, our disguised look helped us.

"Hey.. Oi.. Look, over there.." Harry said, while pointing at something..or at someone. The street light was not helping at all to figure out who it was but I knew there were two people and probably a fight.

"Looks like someone's fighting! Last time I saw a fight was in high school! Lets go check it out!" Harry exclaimed, sounding like a high school kid. I grinned and said, "only from a distance. I don't want Liam to explain anything to Paul.." I said, while raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah yeah.. Whatever.." He replied.

We headed towards, from my perception, a coffee shop. As we got closer, our vision became clearer and clearer and then we realised that it wasn't really a fight.

"Harry.. I don't think it's a fight.." I said sounding concerned, taking a step closer and closer.

"SHIT! We gotta help her!" Harry whisper shouted, raising his speed with me following his actions. As I got closer, I saw a poor girl trying to escape the tight grip of a man forcing her to the wall.

Anger boiled inside me and before I knew it, my hands clenched into a tight fist. I raised my hand, pulled it back and raised it against the mans' head, knocking him to the ground. I wasn't really the one to ever pick a fight but this left me very angry and it wasn't hard to knock him down as the smell of alcohol was very strong from his filthy breath. With my one or two punches, he fainted.

I heard the girl yell something before she sped off and ran. Having to see the guy under control, Harry chased after her. I looked around and saw that she had dropped all her belongings. I gathered them together and chased after Harry and her.

As I finally reached their pace, just a few metres away, I was shocked on what I saw. Harry saved her from getting hit by a truck. They picked themselves up and I reached towards Harry. She started to run again but I cared more about Harry and stopped him from chasing her again.

"HARRY!" I shouted. "Are you okey?" I asked, very concerned.

"Yeah I am okey. Don't worry about me. But her!" He said, pointing at her disappearing image.

"I..I got her bag.. She dropped it there. I think we should go before anyone notices anything."

We quickly yet, quietly, walked back to the apartment and Harry suggested we should tell the boys as soon as we reach home.

We knocked on the door and Zayn's warm smile welcomed us which was soon replaced by a concerned look as he saw our dropped faces with Harry covered in a little noticeable dirt.

"What..have..you boys been up to?" He asked, eying us and by now Liam joined and I could tell he was angry.

"What have you guys actually been up to?" He asked, in a strict tone.

"Long story.. Let us in. And we'll explain." Harry said, short and simple.

"And..why....exactly are you holding a girls' purse..?" Louis asked as we sat on the couch. We settled down and explained what had happened, well Harry explained, to be exact.

"Oh my goodness. Where is she now?" Liam asked, deep in thoughts.

"Well she left and we tried to stop but she didn't stop. And... And.. Here is her bag.." I said, showing up the bag.

"Should..we...open it and see who she is?" Zayn asked, looking around to see any signs. I looked at Liam for permission and he nodded but I still hesitated as it was a girls' bag.

I opened the bag. Inside were some usual girl stuff, a strawberry flavoured Chapstick, hair brush and stuff like that. I spotted her wallet and pulled it out and opened it hoping to find some sort of identification card. Her drivers' licence was there and I read her identification.

"Aria Sophia Mason.. Wait what? Aria.." Obviously her name startled me as it was the same as the girl I talked to on phone. But I continued, "age, 18. We know how she looks no-- wait! She resembles someone.." I said, trying to think.

"Wait, let me see." Liam took the card from me.

"She is the one from the coffee shop." He pointed out.

"And the one from the mall.." Harry said, a bit ashamed.

"The mall?" Liam an Louis asked in unison.

"Long story.." Harry and Zayn said.

"Well! We will go to the coffee shop tomorrow and return her stuff.." I said, throwing my hands up in the air and getting out of my position.

It was a long day and I really needed a break even though the thought of those two girls wouldn't let me. At first it was just one girl and now, there were two.. And that too, with the same name! HA!

*

I snuggled deeper in my covers, hoping to slip into a peaceful sleep and before I knew it, my eyelids started to droop as sleep took over me.

~~~

~~~

I stretched my arms and the covers fell off as Liam pulled opened my curtains, welcoming the warm sunshine.

"Morning Niall." He greeted.

"Wake up. We have to give Aria her belongings." He informed me as he stepped out of my room. I stepped out of my bed and went to the bathroom to get dressed.

~~

The sound of forks and knives being hit against the glass plate filled the lounge as we all ate together.

"Why is everyone so quite?" Harry asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"Naah.. I guess everyone has been a bit off track lately.." Louis mumbled.

"Okey! I am done! We should leave now.." Zayn said while picking his plate. We all followed his actions after we finished.

"Let's go. I'll drive." Louis offered.

The car ride was spent in silence. A few talks about resuming the tour next month but nothing much too interesting.

"Yes. There, that caffe!" I said while pointing at the caffe as Louis pulled by. As soon as the car stopped, I slid out of it as soon as I could, leaving the boys behind to follow.

"Wait Niall!" Harry called but I kept walking and eventually he caught up to me.

We entered the shop and were warmly welcomed by the strong coffee aroma.

"Smell that!" Louis giggled.

I walked up to the counter where two young girls smiled and I presumed she recognised us. I could tell how excited they were.

"Hello there! May I ask what brings the worlds hottest boy band in our mini coffee shop?" She asked, starring at my hand, obviously noticing a girl handbag. She tried to sound flirty but miserably failed, earning a chuckle from me.

"I- uh.. I was looking for this girl. Her name is Aria. Aria Mason. She happens to work here. May I please see her?" all the boys and I noticed how the faces of the two girls dropped from smiling to looking disgusted.

"What? What do you have to with HER? Gosh! That little attention seeking bit-"

"Excuse me," Harry interrupted her.

"What? Sorry for speaking the truth!" She said.

Another girl entered the front and walked towards us.

"Please don't listen to them. Girls please leave, Magee wants you two," she said and I knew that she would be easy to talk to. The two girls mumbled something but then left.

"Hello. Are you looking for Aria?" She confirmed while wiping her hands with a towel.

"Yeah um. Well yesterday she happened to drop her bag when we uh.. When she left. So we thought we could see her and give it to her." Harry spoke this time and I nodded.

"Well she didn't come today. And her car is outside. I called her but her phone was switched off.." She trailed off.

"Well we can take her car with us and drop it at her house and give her her stuff.." I suggested.

"Yeah you can.. If you want.. Here. Here is her address." She wrote it on a small piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thank you...uh?" I offered a hand shake.

"Sarah. My name is Sarah." She gladly took it.

We left the caffe and me and Harry went to her car. The boys said they would follow us there.

As I sat on the drivers' side, a vibe of helplessness hit me and it felt it wanted to talk to me. I felt very strange.

"Are you even gonna drive..?" Harry starred at me.

"Oh.. Yeah.." I started the car and drove to where the address led us.

*

"Here we are.. I think.. This is the one." I said, while starring at the apartment. The rest of the lads stepped out of their car.

"I think me, Zayn and Louis should wait here and you and Harry should go up. If all five of us go, it might startle her!" Liam said, as a matter of a fact. We all agreed and me and Harry made our way towards her apartment.

We reached her floor and door number and knocked on the door. After a while, we received no reply so I knocked again.

The door was finally opened by a young girl, half asleep with perfectly messed up hair. I instantly recognised her and I have to admit, she looked very cute and somehow small.

A smiled made its way on my face as I said, "hello!"

_________

_________

_________

I think it's one of the longest chapters.. Hmm!

PLEASE VOTE!!!

COMMENT

SHARE!!!!!

Have a LOVELY day!! Or night? (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
31.7K 608 23
Evelyn is suffering from depression. After texting the wrong number, she finds Harry Styles. He continues to text her, and try to cheer her up while...
134K 2.4K 38
Riley has to move to Cali because of her parents business. She is a huge fan of R5. When she meets them after an accident, her life is changed.
153K 3.8K 22
Cassie Jones has been best friends with Louis Tomlinson for as long as she can remember. But when Louis makes it into a popular boyband, One Directio...