Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 6- The First Date
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 13- Roller Coaster
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 65- The Aftermath
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep

74.2K 3K 7.9K
By Write_me227

"Harry, I'm worried." The Gryffindor was wedged between the blonde's legs, back pressed against his chest. Draco petted Harry's hair and Harry stroked their intertwined hands with this thumb. Draco was just so warm, and Harry nudged himself deeper into his body. 

"Listen, I know my hair is a mess and all, but no matter how much I brush it or use a spell, it just won't neaten." Harry could feel him smile behind him despite he couldn't see his face. 

"What," he laughed. "No, I mean about you."

"Hm? Why?" Harry frowned. 

 "You fell asleep during Umbridge's class... again."

"Who wouldn't? She's the worst thing in the entire world."

"That's not my point," Draco wrapped his arms around him tighter. "You also fell asleep during Potions on Wednesday." 

"And? Snape is an arse."

"That also isn't my point," Draco bit his lip. Harry didn't say anything, but sat up a bit and turned his face so his eyes could lock with his. "Every date we've been on in the past month and a half, you've fallen asleep one form or another." 

Harry swallowed. "And? So what? I'm tired and you're like a pillow. You shouldn't be so soft."

"It's not just that you're tired. You look sick, Harry!" 

"I'm not sick, Draco."

"Bollocks! Your skin looks... well, bloody awful."

"Gee, thank's," he turned back to look at the lake. Harry sighed, knowing there was no way around this conversation. "Draco, I'm fine. Just stressed I guess. I think it has something to do with Umbridge. She's just stressing me out, and these O.W.Ls we have to get ready for. It's maddening."

"It's unnatural. A few mishaps is okay, but only being able to sleep, like truly sleep, around me is unhealthy." 

Harry knew that was true as well, but refused to even think about telling Draco about his dreams.

"Maybe....I don't know." Both Draco and Harry grew silent. Draco was still matting his hair when he suddenly thought of a near brilliant idea.

"So you can only sleep around me? Right?" The green eyed boy perked up at the sound of the enthusiasm in his voice.

"Yeah," Harry said curiously.

"Well than why don't you sleep with me?"

"What? Um Draco I'm pretty sure if I went even 10 meters away from the dungeons than I would be killed In the process. What happened to us being a secret?"

"I'm not saying you come in my dorm, idiot," Draco smacked Harry upside the head gently, but firmly, "I'm saying you and I will sleep out here."The Gryffindor took it into consideration but so many things could go wrong.

"What about my friends. They are already uptight you and I are both missing every Friday, let alone everyday!"

"We sneak out. Come on, if you can get to hogmede without a single turn of the head, you'll be fine walking in your invisibility cloak walking down the school grounds."

"Hmm but what about the weather?"

"We suffer. Come on I'm sure you've been out in the cold for long periods of time. We could get a heating charm."

"It could work...."

"Monday, Potter? 10:00?"

"Monday, Malfoy" their plans were set, they kissed goodbye and passed into the world as enemies once again.  

------------------------------

The two didn't see each other until Sunday, passing by the stone circle.  

Harry, Ron and Hermione went to visit Hagrid in his hut upon realizing he wasnt there, they left with dismay. They all had on muggle clothes except for Draco who wore his wool robes.

"Awh the little Golden Trio going to see their little Oaf friend. Too bad he isn't there. Probably realized how terrible of a life he has and pitched himself off a tower. I mean I'm sure if I lived alone only to be visited once a month by The Boy-Who-Doesn't-Know-How-To-Die, a Weasley, and a mud-"

Draco's eyes went wide as he covered his mouth. He almost said the word. He immediately looked at Harry who was trying not to smile, but failed miserably. Luckily Ron and Hermione's eyes were plastered on the frozen blonde.

Crabbe kicked Draco in the leg and he broke out of his trance of horror. The Slytherins ran away In a sprint leaving the two Gryffindors confused and Harry as happy as could be. He was trying. That's all that mattered.

"What was that about?" Ron asked flabbergasted. However Hermione didn't put in any words for her mouth was slightly ajar and her eyes watered a small amount.

"I don't know. Anyway lets go to lunch. I'm starving." Harry led the two into the great hall away from the Malfoy mess. 

-----------------------------------

Monday night Harry was already down, after dinner, to their secret forest. He heard russling through the green ropes and he stood to face Draco.

"Harry.... I didn't think you would show I'm so sorry I almost called her a mud-" but Harry was already in a full sprint, not knowing how he was going to stop but instead jumped on Draco, wrapping his legs around his torso. The raven haired boy cut off Draco's sentence, smashing their lips together in one big long sloppy kiss.

Draco froze at this, eventually relaxing and giving in, wrapping his arms around the other boy.

"You're not mad at me?" Draco finally asked when they released.

"You're trying. That's all I care about." Draco let Harry fall the to floor. The statement made them both smile like morons. The two interlocked hands and walked over to the fire Harry had started. Both boys were wearing hoodies and pajama pants, however Draco's were made of silk and the finest wool, while Harry's were normal cotton. They also both had on their house scarves and a pair of black socks.

They went to their normal tree and cuddled until they were both sleeping, fire blazing until it went out naturally.  

-------------- 

Harry was not having nightmares, getting well needed sleep. They woke before the sun came up and snuck back into their dorms as if they never left, separating until the next night.

The two continued this all week, but it wasn't until Thursday when something inevitably went wrong.

They went into their normal position and fell asleep as usual. However Draco woke during the night. Unable a to go back to sleep, the Slytherin walked to the lake, putting water on his face to wake him up. It wasn't close to dawn so he figured it was 2 or 3 in the morning.

Walking back, Harry began to shake. Draco however though Harry was cold and simply put his scarf around the Gryffindor. Draco sat chriscross from Harry examining his features when Harry began to shake violently.

"Harry?" The boy sweat and shook even more. Mumbling can be heard from his throat.

"Don't leave me"

"What"

"No, no no"

"Harry?!"

"No. NO NO STOP PLEASE"

"HARRY!" But the Gryffindor was already in a fit. Draco tried to wake him up by shaking his shoulders, screaming his name, everything! Fear enveloped him and he couldn't think of anything but trying to save him.

One last resort, Draco kissed Harry on the forehead and Harry's eyes split open, cold sweat running down his face.

"Harry!"

"Draco. Oh right sorry just another nightmare," Harry said hesitantly looking anywhere but his eyes.

"Another nightmare? What do you mean by another?" Harry didn't want to tell him anything about that.  

"Harry Potter! You tell me right now"

Draco stood on his knees, getting closer to the laying down Gryffindor, attempting to look intimidated.

"Okay fine.... Whenever I fall asleep I have a nightmare but with you I don't. Happy?"

"Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I don't need your sympathy!" Draco pounced on Harry, kissing violently, biting, sucking, everything to get his anger out and show him how he felt. He began kissing down his face, using his hands to pull off the scarf so he could continue along his neck. He bit his neck enough to make Harry yelp, then licked it over. That would leave a hickey for sure.

"Sympathy? Harry it's not sympathy it's caring! I'm your boyfriend! I should be able to know!"

"Why does it matter? What are going to do about it? Cry? It doesn't mean anythi-" Draco captured his lips, softer and full of affection.

"Because I care. Because I want to know you are okay"

"I'm fine. I promise." Draco wanted to know about the dreams, however he felt as though it would be over stepping a boundary, for Harry was already sensitive about the subject in general.

"I can make you dreamless sleep potion. It would help. We can stop sleeping outside," Draco suggested. Harry shook his head in agreement.

"It will be okay, right?" Harry's voice cracked.

"It will be alright, I promise."

But little did he know, it wouldn't. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 7.1K 24
-WATTY'S LONGLIST 2018- When McGonagall requests that every student repeat the grade they had just finished due to the distractions of the previous y...
546K 20.7K 40
The war is over. Lord Voldemort defeated, the 7th years have been invited back to repeat their final year at Hogwarts school. Harry, convinced by his...
171K 6.9K 20
*COMPLETED* Harry, Draco and the other seventh years have come to re-do the year. Draco is struggling with post war Hogwarts and is just trying to b...
217 1 11
Harry's name is entered in the Triwizard Tournament, and only one person finds out in time: Draco Malfoy, his rival. Being in the know of this scheme...