Survival Of James Potter

By Liv_Howard

James Potter struggles to come to terms with the fact that everyone thinks he's dead. After finding the best... More

The Explosion
Years Gone By
Harry Starts Hogwarts
Secret Guardian
Another Close Call
Poor Old Sirius
Discovered by Remus
Marauders Unite
I Wish I could have been there
Please Don't Die
I Want to Fight
Changes at Hogwarts
Christmas
It Shouldn't Have Been Like This
Same Old Snivillus
They'll Know Soon
author's note
Why Do You Do This
Authors Note
Why Do You Do This
Potterwatch
Need a Hand
My Not So Perfect Family
19 Years Later
Untitled Part 26

Happy Birthday Harry

1.2K 51 3
By Liv_Howard

Molly kept her promise to James, and before he knew it, Harry was back at Grimald place with him. The Weasley's had gone back to the Burrow, so it was only Harry, James, Sirius and Remus in the house, making it a complete Marauder haven.

Every day was a day filled with fun. Ron and Hermione would come over often via the floo, as Hermione was staying with the Weasley's for the summer while her parents went on a cruise. It was the best summer James could have spent. And the fact that James could spend Harry's 17th birthday with him made it even better.

As the day drew closer, James, Remus and Sirius began to plan a surprise party.

"We can ask Ron and Hermione about who to invite" James said, "Only people he's close to. Those that are on his side"

"But James, that would mean telling more students about you" Remus pointed out, "Isn't that a bit risky"

"Yes, but if we only invite people they trust. A few already know anyway."

"If you're sure"

"I'm sure" James looked down at the parchment in front of him, "What about food?"

"We can ask Molly," Sirius suggested, "She's always up for it."

"Good plan, and drink we can get from Diagon on the day. So I think that's everything" James said, "We'll ask Molly about food, Ron and Hermione can get the invites out, Sirius is on drinks duty cuz I can't leave the house yet and Remus and I will set up decorations. Now let's hide this bit of paper before Harry gets back"

******

The 31th July dawned and the plan was set into action. Like most mornings, Harry woke late. He was greeted in the kitchen by a face full of colourful decorations and a big, red banner that had 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!' written across it.

"You've been busy" He noted, sitting down at the table and helping himself to toast.

"Don't you know it" James said, sitting down next to him, "I have your present, but you'll have to wait until later to have it. We've planned a great day. Well afternoon"

Sirius and Remus sat opposite them.

"Eat up," Sirius said, "Ron and Hermione will be here soon. Then we can go to the stadium for the tour"

"Tour?" Harry looked up, "what tour?"

"You'll see" Remus said, "Go and get dressed and then you'll find out"

Harry shot up, and thudded up the stairs.

"I've never seen him move so fast" James commented as the floo flared and Ron and Hermione stepped out. "Morning."

"Morning," Ron said, "He upstairs?"

"Yes. Just getting dressed. Moved like lightning when I said about the tour." James said

"Does he know that you're coming to?" Hermione asked

"Not yet, but everything is set. Remus is going to put the disguise on me before we leave. It'll be nice to get out the house"

Harry appeared back in the kitchen, fully dressed with shoes on and cloak over his arm. He greeted Ron and Hermione enthusiastically, giving Remus, James and Sirius a chance to get ready with shoes and cloaks. Harry noticed, "Dad, you're not coming to are you?"

"Don't worry Harry, we've got it covered. I'm just an Auror, there for your safety." James explained, he turned to Remus, who raised his wand and applied the disguise. James' hair went from black to a dusty blond, his eyes brown to blue and facial hair appeared. He was unrecognisable as James Potter.

"Wow! If I didn't know that was you, dad, I wouldn't have a clue"

"That's the idea. Now let's go or we'll be late"

******

They arrived at the stadium just on time. Harry looked round in awe.

"This is the Quiddich stadium! From the world cup"

They walked inside. Looking up, there was a team, whizzing around in white robes. This time Harry stopped dead, "is that the!"

"English Quiddich team" Sirius finished for him, "Happy Birthday Harry"

"That's not it though" Remus told him, and pointed to a man crossing the stadium from the stands, "Harry this is John Redwood. He's England's coach"

"Harry Potter." The man said as he approached, "I've heard so much about you."

"John was at Hogwarts with us, a few years ahead." Sirius explained, "We managed to pull a few strings. And so Harry James Potter, as your first, and quite possibly best, birthday present, you, Ron and Hermione are going to get a personal tour of the pitch and behind, meet the England team, and after you and Ron will be taking to the skies with them, as we know you not a keen flier Hermione"

The look on Harry's face was a picture. He hugged both Remus and Sirius, then had to restrain himself from hugging James, as it would blow his cover.

"Thank you!!!!" He said

"Now, Harry. If you would like to follow me I'll take you to the changing rooms" said John, and he led the group off the pitch.

The tour covered everything. They went from the changing rooms, to the trophy room, to where they do the interviews after big matches. It was amazing. They then proceeded to head back out onto the pitch where the team had landed for a quick break. They turned, as the group approached them.

"Right then team listen up" shouted John, "Today you are going to have a little bit of fun. I've agreed to do this for some old school mates as a present" He turned back and beckoned them forward. Before John even had a chance to start talking again, someone called out, "Harry". A familiar face appeared in the crowd.

"Oliver," Harry stepped forward and shook his hand in greeting, "I didn't know you played for England"

"Only just started"

John looked confused, "You two know each other"

"Oliver was my Quiddich captain at Hogwarts for my first few years" Harry explained, "He was the one who trained me"

"And now I hear you are picking the team for this year"

"You think McGonagall would trust anyone else"

"Right then boys, and lady" John shouted so everyone could hear, "Ron, Harry, grab a broom. Hermione you're welcome to join us if you wish. If not then you can join the others in the Ministers box. You get the best view from there."

Hermione headed of. Harry and Ron grabbed a broom from the side of the stadium and took to the skies with the rest of the team, who had already taken off. Harry sped off on lap round the pitch, everyone watching.

"John!" Oliver shouted, at his coach, "Release the snitch!"

From bellow, James could see the tiny gold ball flutter into the sky. Harry stopped circling the pitch and followed as the snitch flew higher and higher. Oliver looked to be on edge, watching him with anticipation. Then he watched as Harry shot towards the ground, pulling a move that not even the best seekers would dare to try. He pulled up, grin on his face, snitch in his hand.

The team landed, even though they hadn't done much. John ran straight over to them. Oliver smiled, "Told you he was good"

"But you didn't say he was that good" he turned to Harry, "Once you've finished Hogwarts, I want you on the team. Our current seeker, Joan, will be stepping down next year so I'll be needed a new seeker anyway. This just saves me holding try outs"

"That great, I'd love to. Once this all blows over though." Harry replied, "Now can we go back up. I want to try and shot with Ron guarding the hoops"

******

By the time they arrived home, Harry and Ron where covered in sweat. They had never had so much fun. Remus removed the disguise from James face.

"That's better," He said, "You looked odd with blond facial hair"

"Felt weird to," He scratched his face, "Harry, Ron, why don't you go and get cleaned up then come down to the kitchen and we'll have some food."

Harry nodded and followed Ron up the stairs. As soon as they were out of sight, James ran down the stairs with Remus, Sirius and Hermione, to assume their positions in the kitchen where everyone else was already waiting.

James cut the lights with his wand. Footsteps echoed down the stairs. Ron ducked into his hiding space, by the door.

"Ron, where did you go" Harry asked, confused, "Why's it so dark in here? Lumos maximum"

The room lit up. Everyone jumped out. "SURPRISE!"

He stood there shocked. James stepped forwards, "This is the first birthday I've spent with you since you turned 1. I wanted it to be special."

"Dad, I," He stammered, "I don't know what to say. You planned this all on your own"

"Well, Ron and Hermione invited the guests," He gestured round the room, where various Hogwarts students where, "Molly agreed to do the food and created the most amazing cake. And Remus and Sirius helped me plan the rest. The Quiddich tour, the drinks, how people would get here. A proper marauder party."

Harry hugged his father, "You're amazing, you know. Now, let's get this party started!"

The music cranked up. James watched as Harry greeted every one of his guests, his dorm mates, members of DA and multiple others. Eventually the all sat down at the table to watch Harry open his presents.

There was a recurring theme to his presents. Seamus and Dean teamed together to get Harry a new set of Quiddich robes and gloves.

"We noticed your current ones were getting small and battered." Seamus said, "That and new robes for a new captain."

And it continued. New Quiddich magazine from Ron, next volume of the Quiddich through the ages from Hermione, the rest was various Quiddich supplies and books, except one which was a wizard chess set from Arthur and Molly.

Once all the presents were opened, food eaten and cake cut, visitors started to depart through the floo. By the end of the night, Harry was exhausted and fell asleep on the sofa.

"You think he had fun?" James asked Remus and Sirius when everyone had left.

"Yh," Sirius replied, "I've never seen him look so tired"

"Should we leave him there?"

"I would," Remus said, "I think he'll be out till morning"

"Night Harry," James whispered, "Sleep well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.3K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
67.3K 1.1K 18
This is a story about Ariana Blake, a demigod and witch. (I do not own anything besides the plot and some ch...
14.2K 441 42
Voldemort is dead, and the wizarding world must now try and put itself back together again. Jennifer Potter is grieving, along with most of the popul...
86K 2.1K 19
{COMPLETED}| What happens after Sirius Black falls through the veil? Moreover, what 'fate' awaits Remus Lupin and your other favorite characters? Thi...