Selfie

By jasmine_brrgn

Ally and her old friend, Andrew Rodriquez comes home from Air Force to surprise her for her birthday weekend... More

1. Surprise!!!
2. Park date.
3. Hers.
4. Concert.
5. 3 month anniversary.
6. Paparazzi.
8. Promises
9. Gut feelings.
11. Weddings.

7. Shipped Out.

233 6 1
By jasmine_brrgn

First I'm sorry I haven't updated lately. I've been working and trying to get a promotion and right now I'm in training but with 8 of my good friends who I love them all and I'll be happy if my friends get it.

Ally's POV

As much I want Andy, to live his dream like I'm living mine with my 4 best friends, I just know it's going to be hard when he really leaves for his tour. I'm always scared of what can happen over there and not knowing if anything bad happen to him. He's been my longest best friend before I became Fifth Harmony. When he came home I realized how important he was to me and that night, I just knew how much I really like him more than anything and we kissed, it was magical. He made me feel happier than I ever thought can be.

When he and I graduated from high school, he told me that he was enlisted in the Air Force and he was leaving in a month for basic training I was sad. We weren't dating then but we both knew we liked each other in that way but we both knew it wasn't time. All of these years we wrote back in fourth and I kept my letters in a box. I missed him so much. He was the guy I told things, my deepest secrets and stuff that I never really talked about stuff. I told the girls stuff too but he was first to know. He came back for my grandpa's funeral and I believe that was the last time I saw him since my birthday.

He's been spending a lot of time with Sarah which to me it's so special and I'm sorta jealous but again I know he really missed her. Coming home was what she was always waiting for. They had the cutest relationship.

Incoming call; Rodriquez 💕💫
- Babe!! Hi!

- Hi princess. Are you busy right now?

- No we're just hanging out with each other. Is everything okay? You're scaring me.

- Well not really. My General called me.

- Andrew Carlos Rodriquez you better not be playing with me- I'm- not I'm not ready.

The girls knew something was wrong and they immediately came around me.

- Allyson, baby listen, I'm going to be okay okay? I know this is going to be hard on you, but I also know you're strong. You may be small but you're strong. I believe in you beautiful. We can write again like we used to. Maybe even like Dear John style but I believe in you, us. We can get through this. I don't want you to ever give up on your dreams. You deserve the universe and I promise I will spend my entire life to give it you. Please don't cry okay?

- Rodriquez- I'm just scared of something bad happen will to you. I don't want to get a call from your parents saying I lost my best friend. I'm scared baby.

- Hernandez I know that feeling, I lost good friends out there and I promise I will come back to you. I don't leave until the end of of the week. I know it's sudden and a lot to process right now but you're so strong baby. I know it.

- When you do come back?

- You'll be the first person I will tell when I find out okay?

- Hey, Drew, it's Lauren, Ally is taking it really hard on it. The girls and I will be praying hoping that you'll get back safely and we'll watch out for her.

- Hey. I feel horrible talking to her about this. Sarah is crying too in her room. Just uh tell her to call me back okay? Thank you, Lauren, I really appreciate you. And the rest of the girls too. Ally might be short and older but you are all wise and know how to take care of each other, and I love that she has you all.

- Give a big hug to Sarah for us, maybe later we can FaceTime so Sarah can say hi to Camz and you and Ally can talk.

- Sounds good. Thank you again, Lauren.

After we hung up, I started to cry. I don't think I never got this emotional leaving . I mean well Sarah always took it hard and I made sure I said good bye to Ally but this time was different. Maybe because I really in love with her. I went back to my room to make sure I had everything and then took out my box of Ally and I's letters.

We made jokes, we wrote about what was going on back home, to when she started dating this guy Scott, broke up and then to when she audition for X factor to her grandfather's passing. I remember I asked if I could go home for the funeral. She was in emotional wreck that week. She and I didn't say much but I didn't left her side.

Dear Rodriquez,

I will never be able to thank you for not only coming home but also for being with me that day. I knew you meant a lot to him as you do to me. He liked you, Andy. None of my boyfriends got to connect with him like you did. I miss him so much Andy, it hurts. I remembered that day, it was a good day. You may know but I still have that picture of the three of us. I'm glad you told me that story. I hope you're safe out there. I still don't like the idea you're out there. The girls say they want to meet you one day. I think it would be cute if you met them. You'll like them. Dinah Jane, the youngest but the taller one, is very goofy and a prankster but she's also very protective. Lauren, the green eye one kinda reminds me of you, she loves to read and draw. Just like you. Normani loves to dance and she's crazy but I like her. Camila, is very sweet, funny and one of my favorite people, but you're still on the top. Well, thank you for everything. Thank you for supporting me, Andy, it means a lot to me. I miss you. Talk to you soon.

Yours truly,

A. Hernandez.

Ally's POV

There was a letter I kept with me, other than the others, I don't know why its was so special but it was the week of my grandpa's funeral. Not my favorite week but it got me through when I missed him or thought of him. I grabbed my backpack and searched for it. Today was something I needed it.

Dear Hernandez,

I know the last time we saw each other was not the best weekend but I know he meant a lot to you. He was always happy to see you sing and just you in general. Remember when we were maybe 6 or 7 he was babysitting us and he fell asleep so we started poking him and he wouldn't budge. He was so tired. He was a great guy. I miss him. Oh I think I'm going to make you cry. One minute. Okay I believe he took us ice cream that day. That was was a good day. My crew and I are rooting for you. I know this week was ruff and I'm deeply sorry, Allyson. You might me small but strong, I believe in you beautiful. Good luck Hernandez. I know you can do this and get through it. I can't wait to meet your friends. They seem amazing. Just like you. I know, I'm your favorite. Don't tell Sarah, but you're my favorite. I know, it's hard on you, but I'm keeping myself safe. Talk to you soon.

Yours truly,

A. Rodriquez.

At the end I was crying. He told me what he said earlier. I know he will keep himself safe. He always has been and I really hope he does. He's been my best friend and I don't think I can't live without him. As my best friend, boyfriend and as in my life.

I took deep breaths and I walked through where the other girls were. They gave me all smiles as I saw why they were smiling for. My Andy was there with a bouquet of flowers. I rushed into his arms and started crying.

"I know it's always been hard for you but I know you can get through this babe."

"I think it's just harder because we're together this time."

" I always tell you I keep myself safe. I had Sarah and you on my mind to come home to."

"You had me on your mind to come home to?"

"Yes because you've always been special to me I always had feelings for you. Remember the story about your grandpa? That day was the day I knew I was in love with you. It may be 15 years later for us to be together but I would've waited 15 more years for us because you're worth it. No pun intended but it's the truth.

"Oh my god. Are you sure you don't have brothers?" Dinah asked.

"Ally if you don't marry this guy, I will." Said Normani. Who made all of us laughing.

"Andrew, why are you so amazing. I knew when  I turned 13 that I really liked you, I was just so scared to tell you and then you know what happened next."

"Oh my gosh, that long? And for the record it was my first kiss too."

"Wait you and Drew were your first kisses?" Camila asked

She nodded and started blushing.

"Oh my gosh, you're like Mila and Ashton!!" Camila said.

We nodded again and we hung out for awhile until I had to leave. Ally and I hugged for a long time and I told her I will talk to her when I got home.

The week went too fast and Sarah was quiet the whole trip. The girls followed us and they knew it was hard for Ally.

I saw my crew, and I smiled and waved at them. I hugged my parents first. It wasn't my favorite times saying goodbye to them. Sarah was being so brave but she lost it when I bent down to her. I held on to her and I couldn't hold it in. I looked at her and she hugged me once again. My dad picked her up and hold her close. I sniffled and hugged the girls one by one and then one more as a group.

I looked at Ally. She was already crying. She looked beautiful. No make up, in her sweats and in my high school basketball team hoodie that had my number and last name in the back. I forgot I gave to her when her high school boyfriend broke up with her. I had always been attracted to her. I looked at her and looked at me with her puffy eyes. I touched her cheek to wipe her tears.

"You never looked so beautiful than right now."

She gave me a soft smile and blushed a little.

"Babe, as much I know this is your dream, I just don't want you to go."

"I don't either but I'll be back as soon I can and I'm always going to be thinking of you."

"Me too. I'll miss you."

"Me too babes."

"Lieutenant Rodriquez! "

I turned around knowing it was time. I nodded and looked back at her.

"I love you."
"I love you too. Sarah has a present for you." I told her and Sarah got down from my dad and walked to Ally and took off her one set of her necklaces. It was a ring that I held it for her. I waited for a special time.

"Drew told me that when the time was right, I can give it to you."

"Andy."

" I knew it would be you in the end. I was just waiting for our time. It's a promise ring that i wrote you a letter what I promise you."

I handed her the letter and I gave her a hug. I grabbed my bag and then hugged everyone again and headed to the plane.

-------

Again I'm sorry for the long update. The next chapter will be about the promise letter. Hope you like it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 7.1K 80
This story is about a girl name Lyric who lost her mother "Melody" at the age of five in a car accident. As Lyric grew up she had to deal with her fa...
23.1K 438 24
Bucky was about to start his senior year his last year of football him and the boys were planning on following in their dads foot steps and join the...
65.4K 2K 20
A/n This is my first story so please don't judge. (Y/n) just moved from California to Florida because her mom got a job deal. But on the other hand...
4K 550 55
He made her life better, that was what she knew for sure. She also knew she loved him, but she was just a fifteen year old girl. She would have done...