The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmi...

By aestheticannie

When sixteen-year-old, Anastasia 'Annie' Evans, finds out that her mother's newly-engagement comes with havin... More

The Stepbrother // Luke Hemmings
Stepbrother
What's the Wifi Password?
Proposition
It's Called Customer Service
It Feels Better Than It Looks
Just a Stupid Cd
"what's so bad about penguins?"
"it's 3am, luke!"
Are You a Vampire
It Was His Idea
Let's Go for a Ride
You Named Your Drum, Tom
"i'll be your dr. fluke"
Pillows Are Falling from the Sky
Slow Down, Annie
You Dyed Your Hair
"kid in love"
I Hope You like Cold Showers
He's Your Stepbrother, Annie
Mistake
"who is she?"
"willing to consider it"
A Mixtape
"it might show"
"birthday wishes"
"birthday wishes"
"raincheck"
Luke Skywalker
"swimming in jeans"
"you're talking to me now"
"it's exactly like that"
"do i know you?"
#1 OMG
"how it feels"
"are you in a band?"
It's Kind of Our Thing
The Powerpuff Blokes
"your band sucks"
"your brother is hot"
"the weirdo from the hospital"
You're Calum
She's Going to tell Everyone
Vicinity of Aussies
"old fashioned sleepover"
"it's not stupid"
I Forgot
It's Nice
The Easiest Part
Bottle It Up
Can We Talk?
I'm Sorry

Netflix and Chill

304K 13.9K 9.2K
By aestheticannie

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND VOTE ;D

14

Netflix and Chill

Luke orders a mushroom pizza, even though I told l him countless times that I don't eat mushrooms, and I spend a good ten minutes plucking them off of my half of the pizza, while he stares at me.

"Are you actually trying to hurt my feelings?" He pouts.

Rolling my eyes, I take a minute to pause my mushroom plucking so that I can look up at him, "I wouldn't be quote-unquote, 'hurting your feelings', if you would've just ordered it on one half as I told you to."

"I don't understand why you won't just try it," he suggests, through a mouthful. "You never know, you might actually like them."

"I'll pass." I fling one at him, watching as it lands on his eyes. He laughs and then lifts it from his face to eat. I scrunch my nose up in disgust, grabbing one of my slices from the box. "Gross."

We're in his room again and I'm sitting crisscrossed on his bed, him lying down on his back beside me. His knees are drawn up, pale underneath the holes in his usual black jeans.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?" He wonders. There's tomato sauce on the corner of his mouth, and without thinking about it, I grab a napkin and reach forward to wipe it. He swats my hand away with a smile, and motions for me to answer his question. 

"Eh," I shrug. "I'm not sure." Isn't there an unspoken rule about not revealing your most embarrassing moments? 

Luke mocks me, "Come on. Everyone has been embarrassed before."

"I'm not sure," I repeat, trying to rack my head of something that's equally not that embarrassing and worth telling. I nod my head, "Okay, there was this one time when I had first moved to this new house, and uh, well there was this guy there that I didn't know. I pushed him and accused him of taking my things, and I think I really scared him," I pause to see if Luke is catching on. The slight smile on his face answers my question and I continue on. "Anyway, turned out he lived there. Way before me, actually. It was embarrassing, I have to admit. But only for like a second because he was a real jerk and kind of deserved it."

Luke laughs, "First you called me spoiled and now I'm a jerk too? I don't think this relationship is gonna work Annie. Too much verbal abuse going on."

"Ah, that's too bad. I was just starting to like you," I tease sarcastically, taking another bite of my pizza.

"Have you ever had a dream about being a lesbian? That would be hot."

Instantly, I'm choking on my pizza, my face blushing red from his blunt question. He jumps up, shifting around in front of me, and leans over to pat my back. "Hey, you okay?"

I frown as my coughing dies down, "Luke, you're gross."

"And you didn't answer the question." Eyebrows raise, "So what aren't you telling me, Annie?"

"No," I huff. "I haven't." 

He smirks like he doesn't believe me, and I turn my attention back to my food to distract myself from him. "I'm sure. Okay, would you rather be loved or have a lot of money?"

"I don't know, Luke, why are you asking me all these questions?"

"You're the one who said you wanted to talk to me. Did you not?"

I sigh. He's right. "Money," I answer. And then I think about it, "Loved. Both, actually. Like a cute guy who had a lot of money? I would love him instantly."

"Any guy?"

I nod, absentmindedly folding my pizza in half.

Knees draw up to his chest and he wraps his arms around them before saying, "So, if I showed up at your house and I'm like rich and all, you would fall in love with me? Not being serious or anything, just asking."

"It could happen."

"Cool, I must add that to my checklist."

"What checklist?"

Luke nods quickly, his blue eyes bright in amusement. "Mm, I have this a checklist. But you can't tell anyone because it's top secret and I don't want anyone to know."

"What's it for?" Laughing, I take a bite of my pizza, chewing in amusement.

"I call it, 'How To Get Laid By Annie'." He pauses, drawing his arm out in front him and then he nods, takes a bite of his pizza and quickly says, "And then the subtitle goes, 'all the things you have to have'. It's really useful."

I laugh loudly. He has got to be kidding me. "Really useful, huh? Well, what's on it?"

"Wellll," he starts, "A lot of things really. Perfect hair, Dora band-aids, and as of right now the latest update is that being rich and cute will get you laid by her almost instantly."

"Wow," I say, dragging the word out and even though I'm laughing, my stomach is doing that weird clenching thing again. I raise my palm to my mouth to hide my smile. "You must get really bored, Luke."

He shrugs. In attempt to turn the attention away from me, I say, "So what about you?"

"What about me?"

"How does a  girl get laid by you? Not that I want to, I'm just wondering, ya' know?" Setting the end crust of my pizza back in the box, I finish chewing and wipe my hands on my jeans.

Luke smirks, the right  side of his lip tugging upward. His long fingers comb his blonde hair back from his eyes, and he states, "Okay, take notes. I'll only say this one time. So first, she'll have to be pretty. Obviously, right? But, not like crazy, model pretty or anything. Just decently pretty."

I nod, playfully repeating his words. "Decently pretty, got it."

"Nice hair. Curly, preferably." His tongue slides over his lips, and he nods. "Because I mean, who doesn't like a girl with curly hair?"

Pretending to be shocked, I twirl a strand of my hair around my finger. "Wow, I have curly hair!"

"That you do." Luke leans forward with a slight nod and then all at once the palms of  his hands are resting on top of my kness. He stares at me for a minute  before talking, "Plus, she's got to be able to make me laugh."

"Considering your sense of humor, that shouldn't be too hard."

Luke laughs, then respectively nods. "Exactly, not hard at all. Wanna hear the final thing?"

"Well, we got this far."

He stares at me, then straightforwardly announces, "She's got to love mushroom pizza."

I can't help it, I let another loud laugh. My nose scrunches up again, "Well, there goes my chance. I hate mushroom pizza."

"Ah, that's too bad. I was just starting to think that maybe you were perfect to get laid by me." He smirks, mocking my earlier words.

I shrug, sarcastically saying, "What a shame."

"You smell like pizza."

"Really? I mean, it's not like I've been eating any pizza lately."

He lets out a low and breathy chuckle and his fingers squeeze my knee; reminding me that they were still there. "Wanna know something?"

"Sure."

He squeezes my knee again, teeth clamping down on his lip ring, before he says quietly, "You have really pretty lips."

This time when my stomach falls, I almost fall with it. I can feel myself blushing and from the slight twitch of his lip, I know that he notices. I clear my throat, "Well then it's a shame that I've got pizza breath, right?" Placing my hand on his chest, I push him back away from me.

He smiles slightly and then returns to his space beside me. With neither of us talking now, I'm finally able to make out the music that's playing from somewhere in his room. Only, it's so low that I can't hear the words, just the faint melody of the guitar, and it reminds me of Luke.

Looking over at him, I lean back against his pillows and ask, "Do you have more songs that you wrote by yourself?"

He blinks at me, "No."

I nudge him with my toe, "Really? So, then what were you writing earlier?"

"Not songs." Then he jumps up from his bed, and sits back on his heels, "Done eating?"

"Luke, I just started eating." I hold up my slice, pointedly taking another bite, before saying, "Don't change the subject."

"Well, I'm done eating." I watch as he closes the box, and then scrambles from the bed to take it over to the dresser. His hand drums against the surface and then he huffs before looking at me, "We should do something."

Chewing slowly, I blink, "Like what?" And then before he can say anything, I toss my half-eaten pizza aside on my plate and jump up from his bed, "I know!"

He stares at me, a slight smile on his face, and I hold up a finger before disappearing from his room and heading into mine. Grabbing my iPad from my bed, I scurry back and hold it up to him. 

"Netflix."

Luke's eyes widen and I laugh at how surprised he is that I suggested we watch Netflix, but he surprises me when he says instead, "You have an iPad?"

I laugh, narrowing my eyebrows, "Um, yeah. Doesn't everyone?"

"I don't," he scoffs. Walking over to me, he gently takes it out of my grasp and falls back onto his bed, "These things are like crazy expensive."

"Says the guy who has his own cell phone and truck." I mock.

"Back at that spoiled thing, huh?" He slides his finger across the glass, and I blurt out the password before he even has a chance to ask, "Annielovesdogs123."

Bright blue eyes look up at me, and he laughs quietly to himself before typing it in, "Way to be original, Anastasia."

"Shut up." I plop down besides him and snuggle back onto his pillows to finish my food, while I watch him.

He slides through my apps, clicking games and iBooks and then shuffling through my playlists, nodding and tutting at them. "Taylor Swift?" he cringes, "You just get more and more basic each time we talk, little Annie."

I pluck him in the back of his head, and then lean forward to press the Home button, "Come on, let's just watch a movie or something."

"Alright," he starts to swipe, but then a slow smirk crosses his face and he looks up at me before clicking on the Photos app.

I'm jumping on him before he even has a chance to see anything, "No, stop!"

Laughing, he flips me over and holds my iPad up above my head, "Why? Are there nudes in here Annie?"

I blush, "On an iPad? No, of course not! Just a bunch of really ugly selfies, that I would rather you didn't see."

Luke bites his lip, his eyes alight with excitement and he grins, "Well, what if I want to see them?"

I shake my head, furiously, "No."

"C'mon, they can't be that bad." Then, laughing, he jumps up and runs out the door and across the hall to lock himself in the bathroom. Huffing, I chase after him, and then bang my fist against the door.

"Luke!" I whine, "Stop!"

He laughs, "Mm, I don't think so."

Stomping my foot, I pout and irritatingly yell out, "Come on stop!'

"Wow, these are pretty hideous." I hear him blow out a breath, "Gosh, Annie, the duck face does not suit you."

Groaning, I lean back against the door, "I told you so."

After another few minutes, the door opens and he steps out with a huge smile on his face before handing it out to me, "All yours."

I snatch it from him and then draw my fist back and punch him in his stomach. He doesn't flinch. "I hate you."

"No you don't." Wrapping an arm around my shoulder, he tugs me into him and nudges my temple with his forehead, "Relax, I didn't even look at them."

"Liar."

"I didn't. I just added to your unfortunate selfie collection."

"What?" I unlock my tablet and tap on the Photos app, again, and just like he said there are several new photos, all of Luke, making the most adorable faces. I sign, "This is your version of ugly selfies?" 

He laughs, "Oh, Annie, I never said they were ugly." He ruffles my hair and leads us back into his room. 

I look down at the pictures, wanting to really closely inspect each and every single one of them, but I bite my lip, swipe the app into oblivion and lock my iPad. 

"Now, Netflix and chill?" He looks down at me, dramatically winking.

I laugh, probably harder than I should have and I elbow him in his side. Honestly, I don't know why I ever hated this kid. Sometimes he can be so, charming

The sudden urge to want to hug this tall idiot passes over me, and before I can overthink the 'friendly' gesture, I lean against him and do just that. I hug him. My arms encircle around his waist, and I lean my head back looking up at him. "You are such a pest, Luke."

I pretend that I don't hear the very subtly hitch in his breath, or the feel of his heartbeat against my cheek when I rest my head against his chest. "Holy shit, you're hugging me." He laughs, "And out of your own will, at that."

His fingers brush against my neck, and he moves me around to his front to wrap his arms around my shoulders; pulling me closer to him. "I might as well take advantage of this opportunity."

I laugh and start to break away from him, but then he's leaning down, and his lips are pressing a kiss to my forehead. A toe curling force plummets throughout my body, a wave of emotions drowning me and I freeze. It's quick, chaste even, hardly lasting more than a few seconds, but even then I can still feel the tingles from where his smooth lips touched my skin. 

"Now, put on the movie."

--

AN - I'll post the double update later today, need to make more changes ;D Thank you to all my readers, and please continue to comment and vote! I love reading your comments, they make my day.

Dedication goes  to @lukewoops !! I absolutely adore your comments <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 318 27
When a girl falls in love with a boy that she doesn't mean to fall in love with
1.1K 239 27
***COMPLETE*** When 16 year old Scarlet May Taylor Clifford moves to Sydney Australia with her brother no other then the Michael Clifford. She meets...
53.6K 1.1K 37
Once Kenna Wellington's stepbrothers come into her life, crazy can't even begin to explain it. Her life was totally fine with her two best friends an...
349K 12.4K 38
[#3 Best Michael Fanfiction 2015 - 5sosxawards] [#3 Best Popular Fanfiction 2015 - 5sosxawards] Casey was a normal 18 year old girl living in Austral...