Purple Is The Color of Passion

By Ophelia_is_Knightly

"You're spoiled." He snapped at her as he moved toward her, fire in his caramel colored eyes. "And you're a l... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 8

11.9K 565 24
By Ophelia_is_Knightly

"Ms. Harrison, how are you?" 

Dynasty graced a smile upon her face as she gave her attention to the man before her. "I'm fine, thank you."

"I noticed you across the room and I couldn't help but admire your beauty."

Dynasty had to bit her tongue, a smart retort nearly spilling from her lips. "You are too nice."

He smiled down at her before bowing formally and reaching for her hand. She allowed him to take her hand and kissed it before pulling it away. 

"I am Sir Benedict Weaselly White. I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

He was a tall man, his hair was a soft auburn color, his skin was pale making his hair seem to stand out all the more. His eyes were green, dark, like fallen leaves in autumn. 

"The same goes for you Sir Benedict." She said with a feigned smile. It had taken her mother days to persuade her to attend another party. Male attention was the last thing on her mind.

"I hope that you wouldn't mind dancing with an admirer?" He said with a soft smile.

The word no sat at the tip of her tongue and just as she opened her mouth to say so her attention was suddenly caught by a familiar figure. An angry blush crept up her neck and blotched her cheeks. Adam, in all his handsome glory was making rounds, his eyes searching through the crowd.

Dynasty's self-pity and sadness had gone and now all that remained was a hot, almost tangible anger. She stared at him from across the room, her eyes lit with fire. He finally found what he was looking for in the mass of people and his eyes landed on her. They stared at each other from where they stood on opposite ends of the vast room.

And then he began to make his way toward her, gently yet swiftly pushing his way through the crowd. Her pulse quickened and despite herself excitement coursed through her veins. She turned toward the man in front of her. "I'll gladly dance with you." She said as she offered him her hand.

A smile spread across his face and he took her hand, leading her onto the dance floor. He held her somewhat stiffly as the music played softly around them. They danced in an awkward silence for a while, until Dynasty could take no more.

"Tell me about yourself." She said, trying to pacify the urge to pull away from him.

His eyes lit up with enthusiasm. "I'm a simple man, really. There's nothing much to tell."

"How old are you?"

He caught her off guard by twirling her and then pulling her back. She couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up inside her.

"Twenty-six. And you?"

She was smiling at him now, her belly bubbling with the silliness of the twirl from moments ago. "Don't you know it's rude to ask a lady her age?"

He chuckled. "I seem to have lost my manners." He winked at her playfully and she laughed.

"I'm eighteen."

"A wonderful age."

"Is it?"

The music suddenly shifted, a slower song drifting slowly through across the floor.

Warmth spread across the small of her back and then she pulled back against a broad chest. "I hope you don't mind if I cut in?"

A blush spread across Dynasty's cheeks and she started to protest but they were already dancing, Adam's hand grasping hers tight, his arm pulling her closer than what was necessary for a proper dance. She glared up at him, fire burning in her dark blue orbs. For if looks could truly kill he'd be a bloody mess on the dance floor. He let his eyes roam over her face, a feeling of calm washing over him at having her so close.

His hand tightened around hers and still he pulled her closer. Her chest grazing his. She gasp. "Stop it." She snapped.

"I've missed you, princess." He said, his eyes shinning with a serious glint.

Her heart began to pound. "I'm sure..." she said skeptically. She didn't believe a word he said. She tried to pull her hand away from his tight grip but he refused to let it go.

"I have. You've haunted me constantly." He looked her square in the eyes. Her breath caught and she quickly averted her eyes. Her brain was jumbled with witty retorts and yet not one of them seemed to want to pass her lips.

They were so close. She couldn't think straight. Her heart was slamming against her chest. Her hands were getting sweaty. Butterflies were fluttering in the pit of her stomach. His gaze was smoldering, intense.

She took an uncoordinated step back and tripped over her own foot. She fell forward against Adam's chest. He caught her, his arms tightening around her. "Are you alright?"

Her face flamed with color and she placed her hands on his chest, pushing herself upright. She was breathing like she had just sprinted a mile.

Her eyes widened and her resolve returned as she realized that he was bewitching her. That she was falling all over him like a starved puppy. She grit her teeth and raised her chin. "I don't want to dance with you anymore." She stated seriously.

He raised a brow, his lips quirking up into a smile. "I've even missed that mouth of yours."

She bristled at his comment. "I haven't missed you at all. In fact, seeing you makes my skin crawl." She said aggressively.

He eyes sparkled with amusement. "Really?" He yanked her closer, every inch of their body was in contact.

Rage exploded within her and it mirrored in her eyes. She sneered at him and just as she opened her mouth to tell him how much she loathed him he stopped her. "Remember where we are, princess. Don't cause a scene."

She smacked her lips shut, growling deep within her throat.

"May I steal her back?"

They both looked in the direction of the asked question. Benedict smiled warmly at them, his question hanging in the air. Adam scowled.

Dynasty snatched away from him and graciously took Benedict's hand. "Of course you may steal me away."

Adam had to bite back a curse as he watched Dynasty dance away with the man. A smile formed across her lips as she laughed at something the man said to her. Jealousy shot up Adam's spine and spread through him like wild fire.

He marched off to the sidelines, leaning against the wall. He was suddenly pissed. He had never felt so...envious in his whole life. He raked a hand through his hair as he watched the man twirl her around before pulling her back. Her face was bright with a smile, her eyes shinning brilliantly. He had the urge to punch the man in the face.

She had never looked at him that way before. He had yet to see her smile at him that way. Nevertheless...the smile she directed in the man's direction had him on edge. No woman had ever made him feel this way before.

As another song began to play he knew he had enough. There was no way he was going to let his woman be whisked away by some unknown admirer. Because as far he was concerned she was his.

He stood up straight and scanned the room, his eyes landed on exactly what he had been looking for. He moved through the crowd, heading for the dance floor.

The song ended and just as it did Adam latched an arm around Dynasty's waist, pulling her through the crowd and away from a very confused Benedict. They melted into the mass of people and in the blink of an eye they were out of the ballroom. Dynasty finally snapped out of her shocked daze and snapped.

"What are you doing?" She growled.

He ignored her question and pulled her into the nearest room, closing the door behind them. He released her and she sneered at him.

"You bloody ass, what are you doing?" She snapped.

"I don't like sharing, princess."

She gasped before wrapping her arms around her mid section. And then she laughed, nearly falling forward. "What exactly are you sharing?"

"My point exactly."

His words suddenly weren't funny anymore and she stood upright, eyeing him with passionate fury. "I don't belong to you! I can talk or dance to whomever I please! Now let me out of this room before my mother figures out I've disappeared!"

She took a step toward him but he leaned against the door, grabbing her by the wrist and yanking her against his chest. "You're mine and I dare you to deny it."

Her eyes widened and despite the sensual bubbling of butterflies in the pit of her stomach rebelliousness rose up inside her like bile. "I'm. Not. Yours."

His eyes narrowed. The golden caramel color of his eyes seemed to glow down at her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up. She went forward, her hands gripping his shoulders. He dropped her onto the desk in the corner of the room, his hands running up her waist and moving over her breast.

She gasp and slapped him across the face, "Don't you dar-," he kissed her, cutting her off as his lips smashed into her. She nearly fell back against the desk with the force of it. She grabbed handfuls of his hair and wrenched her lips away.

"Get off me this instance!"

"Admit you're mine first."

*Comment, like and share! I love how explosion they are together! It's all slap, slap and kiss. Lol.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 9.9K 42
Please look into reading the full story on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTN28YRV?nodl=1&dplnkId=5d6a5848-c601-4164-9a4d-b934a6d97e01 "Ever Dan...
20.6M 347K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
50.4K 1.1K 39
Formerly known as 'His Angel' ~ "Harmony" it was her name; no longer a scream but a simple word. She lifted her head, and saw him standing in front o...
116K 2.4K 88
"W-we can't d-do this." I said shakily as he locks the door behind him and it immediately shut off the noises of the drunk adults laughter. "We've be...