Kiss Cam

By xxblagitxx

To Riley, boys like Asher don't fall for girls like her. She's the average girl, with nothing that makes her... More

Prologue
Ch. 1 - Lakers
Ch. 2 - Oh Dear
Ch. 3 - Towel
Ch. 4 - Creepy Manikin
Ch. 5 - Pity Cake
Ch. 6 - Coprophobia
Ch. 7 - Scrubs
Ch. 8 - Bugs Life
Ch. 9 - Out of the Blue
Ch. 10 - Girl Stuff
Ch. 11 - Coffee Makers
Ch. 12 - Romeo and Juliet
Ch. 13 - Inertia
Ch. 14 - Ultimate Cook Book
Ch. 15 - Birthday Boy
Ch. 16 - Go Green
Ch. 17 - One Of Those Days
Ch. 18 - Permanent
Ch. 19 - Little Tattling Butthead
Ch. 20 - You Can't Sit With Us
Ch. 21 - White Picket Fence
Ch. 22 - Our Thing
Ch. 23 - Rebounds and Pasta Sauce
Ch. 25 - Anti-Vegan Party
Ch. 26 - Princess Diaries
Ch. 27 - Rebel With a Cause
Ch. 28 - Apology Cookies
Ch. 29 - Flaming Peacocks
Ch. 30 - Secret Santa
Ch. 31 - You Want Me
Ch. 32 - Popped Balloon
Ch. 33 - Her Face Photoshopped On My Body
Ch. 34 - Totes Hot
Ch. 35 - Total Eclipse of the Jedi
Ch. 36 - Hit Me, Baby, One More Time
Ch. 37 - You Have Shotgun on the Figuratively Heart Broken Train
Ch. 38 - Preppy Boy
Ch. 39 - Good Replacement
Ch. 40 - The Ladies Room
Ch. 41 - Peace Out
Ch. 42 - So Great
Ch. 43 - Tragedy and Prom
Ch. 44- Love Shack
•NEW STORY•

Ch. 24 - Potato On the Couch

77K 3.1K 1.5K
By xxblagitxx

"Oh, shit, there's a karaoke machine!"

I stand up from the couch and hold my arms akimbo. "Uh, basement is off-limits. Go back upstairs."

I'm all alone in the basement. Sam and Zander left an hour ago, those punks. I'm just trying to watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians in peace when four kids come downstairs making a bunch of noise.

The group of seniors just giggle at my demand. Do they not realize how serious I am? I have a massive headache from the blaring music and I'm also going through an awkward breakup. Do not giggle at me right now.

Yes, I realize I have the looks of a complete push-over. And, yes, sometimes I am a complete push-over. But tonight, oh tonight, I am a force to be reckoned with.

"Excuse me." I tap on one of their shoulders. "Did you not hear me? The basement is off-limits."

"I heard you, dude. I simply chose not to listen."

I squint my eyes. "I don't think you want to mess with me right now, dude."

"You're like twelve, so..." He trails off, high-fiving one of his friends.

They then go on to playing with the karaoke machine as I just stand and watch. I want to slap all of them, but I just can't. Maybe I am a push-over.

Damn, I really thought I had the balls for this.

Sighing in annoyance from the singing kids and myself for being a wimp, I head upstairs to find Wren.

The house is practically shaking from the insane volume of the music. I wouldn't be surprised if the police showed up. I mean, honestly, there's no way Wren will be able to get away with this one.

The mess in the family room nearly gives me a heart attack. There is no way in hell I am going to be the one to clean this up!

"Wren," I scream and pull my brother off the dining room table, "don't you think this is a little out of control?"

"Chill out, baby sis," he says and squeezes my cheek.

With a twitch of my eye, I pick up a solo cup and a plate of chips, taking them to the trashcan.

"You would be the one cleaning at a party."

I turn my head to the side, rolling my eyes at Asher. "You would be the one creeping on your ex at her brother'a party."

He chuckles and leans against the counter. "Tucker didn't tell me where the party was when he forced me to come with."

"You love parties," I remind. "It's not like he'd have to force you."

"Ry, I've literally been a potato on the couch because I miss you so much."

I nod my head, hiding a smile. "Oh, how romantic. I'm now holding back all urges to kiss you."

He laughs, "I bet."

"Sarcasm," I clarify.

"Not stupid," he mimics.

"That's debatable." I jump up to sit on the counter. "You did break up with me after all."

"Ah, yes," he nods. "Be my girlfriend again?"

Crossing my arms over my chest, I give Asher the death stare. "Why don't you just give it up? Why are you so damn adamant on us getting back together?"

"I'm in love with you," he says bluntly.

I open my mouth, shocked by how simply he said it. "W-what?"

"I love you, Riley Green." He moves to stand in front of me, his hands taking mine. "I want this so badly."

Help.

If Asher was less attractive and less romantic and less sweet and less attractive and not here, things would be easier.

"Asher, I-I..."

"Love you too?" he suggests with a childish smile.

I try to find the right words. "Gotta pee!"

I sprint away from the boy, running upstairs to my room and slamming the door shut. My hands quickly grab for my phone, dialing Sam's number. The bitch doesn't answer. I send an 'SOS' text to the group chat.

There's a knock on my door, and I squeal and hide behind my bed.

"Damn, Tucker," a girl moans.

I cover my ears and jump from my hiding place. "Get out!"

Tucker and my other co-worker, Delaney, freeze. Slowly, they walk backwards out of my room. Without Delaney, Tucker walks back into my room.

"Hey."

"He told me he loved me," I blurt out.

"Who? Zander?" he guesses in confusion. "I thought he was still dating the intimidating girl."

I roll my eyes. "No! Asher!"

"Asher what?"

"Asher just told me he loved me!" I scream.

Tucker holds up one finger, still in disbelief. "Asher Westfield?"

"Yes!" I hold my head in my hands. "I have no idea what to do! I just ran!"

He scrunches his eyebrows together. "Why would he tell you he loves you?"

"What kind of question is that, Tucker?" I ask. "I don't know! I need you to help me!"

"Huh?"

"Is he lying? Does he really love me?" I ask. "Should I love him back?"

"Riley, stop," he says. "I-I don't know those answers."

"You're his best friend! You're supposed to know!"

He runs hand through his brown hair, letting out a sigh. "That's just it. I don't know these things about him when I'm supposed to. What'd you do to my best friend?"

I squint my eyes. "Me?"

"Ever since you came around," he pauses, "Asher stopped being my best friend. I knew I didn't like you for a reason!"

"That isn't my fault!" I argue. "Maybe if you stopped getting high all the time, you would have real conversations with him!"

He shakes his head and sticks up his middle finger before storming out of my bedroom.

"Whatever," I mutter to myself and fall on my bed. My phone rings with a new text message.

From: ZHarris

are you choking? drowning? stranded on an island? did your brother poison you?

I roll my eyes and type a respond.

To: ZHarris, SamMY HOE

so close.. Asher told me he loved me

Zander calls me.

"Go."

I take a deep breath. "I was in the kitchen and Asher showed up and was like hey - insert witty comment here - and I was like hi - insert rude sassy remark - and we went back and forth until he just went yo girl I'm in love with you and I was like gotta pee!"

"You just ran?"

"Déjà vu, huh?" I laugh. "I panic in these situations! Where's Sam?"

"I don't know. I dropped her off at her house two hours ago and haven't heard a word since."

"But I need to talk to her!"

"Riley, you're talking to the Guy Code expert right now," he informs me slowly. "What more could you want?"

"A women's opinion," I say.

"You're in luck! I just watched an episode of Girl Code."

I shake my head, smiling softly. "I don't think your obsession with MTV can help us right now."

"Don't doubt my talents."

There's loud yelling from my window, and I make my way to the balcony. Peering down to the people below, I see Asher and Tucker.

"Shoot, I'll call you back!" I say in a whisper before hanging up. I crouch on the balcony to stay hidden.

"Are you high, Tuck?" Asher asks.

"No! See, there's a perfect example of what I'm talking about! You're belittling me to some druggie!"

"I am not," Asher argues. "You just usually are."

"You know what? Screw you!" Tucker screams. "You're a shitty best friend anyway!"

"Because I care about you? Because I don't want you to do drugs anymore?" Asher asks rhetorically. "Seriously, Tucker, screw you if you don't think I I'm a good best friend just because I have your best interest at heart!"

"You've changed, man," Tucker mutters. "She changed you."

"Keep Riley out of this!" Asher says threateningly, holding Tucker by his shirt collar.

"Why? Because you love her?" He laughs loudly. "Yeah, thanks for telling me you're in love with Riley, bitch!"

Asher lets go of Tucker's collar. "When was I supposed to tell you, man? You're always partying and doing shit."

"I'm supposed to be doing shit with you, Ash," Tucker cries.

"I'm sorry, Tuck," he sighs. "I'm trying to be a better version of myself."

"My best friend was the better version of you, Asher. I want him back," Tucker says. "I don't like this pretentious asshole you've become."

Tucker starts walking in the opposite direction. Asher chases after him, grabbing on to his shoulder.

"Come on, man," he pleads. "You're being so dramatic."

He holds up his middle finger to Asher before turning to face me on the balcony with his finger high in the air. I swear under my breath when I realize I've been caught.

"Riley?" Asher spins around to look up at me. "Were you eavesdropping?"

"I-I.." I trail off, unable to defend myself.

Asher sighs and runs a hand through his hair. He looks back in the direction Tucker was, but his best friend already stormed to his car.

"Ah, dammit," he mutters before sprinting after Tucker.

My heart drops momentarily. I shouldn't have been listening, but it still hurts that he went to chase after Tucker instead of me.

No, I shouldn't be upset. I would choose Zander and Sam over Asher any day. I guess I'm just upset because I really don't like Tucker.

Suddenly, the music shuts off and the house becomes silent.

All at once, the whole house evacuates. Teenagers sprint across my lawn, tripping over each other or their own feet. I rush downstairs to find my brother frantically cleaning.

"Did mom call?"

"Yeah. They'll be home in five minutes," he says, shoving cups into the trash bag like it's his sole purpose on this earth. "Help?"

I look around the house, which appears to have been hit by a hurricane. "I'm going to go with option b: no."

"Riles," he whines with a pout. "I had a hear attack only a few weeks ago!"

"Don't play the guilt card with me," I say warningly. "I told you I wouldn't have any part in this."

"You suck," he mutters as I sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

"So, where's Sara?"

"She left before the party really started," he says. "It's not her thing."

"That's kind of rude of you," I point out. "Why weren't you satisfied with a night with your girlfriend? You didn't have to throw the party."

"You wouldn't understand," he mutters.

"Try me."

He sighs. "I'm new at the whole girlfriend thing. I don't..I don't think I like how fast things are going and how serious they're getting. I just..I-"

"Oh my gosh," I mutter. "You're Asher!"

His eyebrows bunch together. "Excuse me?"

"Everything you're saying is what Asher told me!" I gasp. "Ew!"

"I am nothing like Asher Westfield," Wren argues. "He's a jerk."

"You're a jerk!" I cry out. "Ew!"

Wren drops the trash bag, his eyes widened. "Am I really that much like him?"

I nod slowly.

"Ew," we say at the same time.

"But-but I wouldn't break up with Sara," he says. "I-I think I'm in love with her."

"Asher told me he was in love with me tonight!" I yell at the same time the front door opens.

My parents stand at the doorway, taking in the sight of the house. Wren isn't phased by their presence, his eyes locked on mine in shock. I look back and forth between my parents and Wren; no one says anything. The expensive vase my mom got from. France falls to the floor and shatters.

All hell breaks loose after that.

~~

AN:

low key Tucker and Asher are friendship goals in their own special way

hey y'all just wanted to say I love you and you rock and stay classy

who do you think is more likable? Wren or Asher?

chapter 16 and 17 are not visible to me so if they are visible to you could you please tweet me screen shots or something like that bc I'm lost and I need this so badly omg pls help

•comment•vote•enjoy•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Better Life By J

Teen Fiction

3.1K 95 24
Riley loves her brother more than anything in the world. They have always been there for each other since they were kids. If playing pranks and makin...
1.1M 27.5K 27
Kimberly Zanders was the nerd. The one who was always pushed around not only because she was a nerd but because she was chubby. She always kept quiet...
3.4K 198 41
Tired of watching Riverals resident bad boy trample on the hearts of the numerous hopeless females in her school, Emily Jones crafts an elaborate pla...
Hope By msroo123

General Fiction

884 96 22
Riley, a girl trying to support her family by working two jobs under aged, has to deal with school life, work, and life at home. • Asher has everythi...