The Fighter Meets The Alpha

By DreamMystical

Moving to a new town to get away from her past and to finish high school, Max finds herself in a whole new si... More

A/N
~Prologue~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~Epilogue~

~1~

103K 2.8K 941
By DreamMystical

Max's POV- 

I finally got all my stuff settled and put away in my shitty little apartment, but I don't have much money to buy nice and pretty things, so this will have to do for now. I don't want to get a job at a fast food place, so that drops a lot of job options for me and I will not start fighting again. Fighting is a drug to me, if I start again, I won't be able to stop.

I flop down on my springy bed and stare at the plain, colorless walls. I think about the new, fresh start I presented myself, but I can only think I'm going to fuck it up and mess everything up again. No one knew me, didn't have a fact about me whatsoever.

I smiled.

No one knew me.

School starts tomorrow and I don't have time to get any of the supplies I need, so I guess I'm going to be the unprepared new girl. Thankfully I moved during the summer so I'm not walking in halfway through the school year. 

The hard part of this is going to be restraining myself from pouring out my hate for people tomorrow. I can only pray that this school is going to better than my last.

~

My alarm blared in my ear and I groggily got out of bed showing no motivation or life. I go to the bathroom to take a shower, the cold water making my body cringe for a minute before relaxing into it. Using my strawberry shampoo and cucumber-melon body wash I probably made myself smell like a produce section at a grocery store.

I was done in ten minutes. I walked out into my room and ended up throwing on a dark pair of blue skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt. After that I brush and dry my hair and put on minimal make up.

Walking into my kitchen, I planned on eating a pop-tart, but quickly realized I didn't have any food. I huffed and shoved on my converse and my black form fitting leather jacket.

I looked at the table and decided on which set of keys to grab. Motorcycle or shitty ass car that might fall apart going over a speed bump? 

Motorcycle. Obviously.

I grab my helmet and walked out of the apartment. Before I knew it, I was on the road heading towards my new high school. Whoop. So exciting. 

As I drove to the back of parking lot and took my helmet off, I noticed everyone that was around was staring t me with curious or strange looks. I just brushed them off as walked to the door with confidence, even knowing I should be keeping a low profile, it's hard to when you are almost arrogant with your pride.

Right when I made it through the door, I started looking for the front office and, well, failed. I felt someone come up behind me, I instinctively balled my fists as I turned around.  I plastered a fake smile on my face  hoping it was convincing enough. 

"Hi! I'm Geena! You must be new here. Follow me, the office it this way!" she smiled and started to lead the way. 

"Thanks... I guess," I mumbled as I trailed behind her looking around as I did so.

"What's your name?" the girl- Geena -asked.

"Max," I replied with slight caution.

"Just Max?" Geena questioned as we continued to walk

"It's short for Maxine, but don't ever call me that," I stated roughly.

She look mildly shocked at my tone but quickly said, "Okay, I'll remember that."

We got to the office seconds later and walked in and was greeted by an older lady sitting behind a desk. Her short curly hair bounced around as she shuffled papers. When the lady looked up she smiled.

I'm Maxine Jackson, I'm new here and need my schedule," I said quietly.

"Maxine! It's nice to see a new face around here! I'm Mrs. Kade, and I'll be here if you ever need anything!" she said happily as she handed me m schedule. 

"Thank you," I said in the most forced polite voice I could muster up.

"Okay, well, let me see your schedule," Geena said and held out her hand. 

As Geena read it over, happiness flooded her face. A smile perked up on her lips, it honestly scared me slightly.

"This is great! We managed to get all the same classes an your locker is right by mine," she all but squealed. 

Right after that was said, Geena grabbed my hand and started to drag me to down a hallway. I was using all the self control I had in my to snatch my hand away from hers and go the other way. I needed to make allies here though, if I do that, I have a better chance of making it through the year.

We finally stopped at a random skinny blue locker which I assumed was mine so I put my combination in. When it opened I literally just threw everything I had with me into it and slammed it shut. I walked with Geena until we got to hers, which was only about five feet away. I leaned against the one next to hers waiting for her to get her crap. Once she was ready, I didn't have time to really comprehend what was going on as I was once again dragged down the hallway. I barely dodged everyone that was zooming the other way.

I still didn't like the looks I was getting from everyone, but I was new and this place seems like a place that doesn't get new people often.

Our pace slowed as we neared a door to a class I already forgot, and strolled in. I was stared at in complete silence, which I hated. The teacher looked up at me and smiled.

Smiley bunch here, I see.

"I'm Mr. Green, what's your name?" he asked nicely.

"Max," I answered.

Mr. Green was shorter then me, so it was pretty funny when he had to look up slightly. 

"Okay, Max. Take a seat," he said gesturing to the desks. I walked over to the desk next to Geena, who smiled.

I looked  her over just now and noticed she had piercing ice blue eyes and waist length, pin straight strawberry blonde hair. She looked to be a couple inches shorter then me and had even tanned skin.

Mr. Green started math class and I just zoned out. Probably reviewing stuff from last year.

It didn't seem very long until the bell rang. I stood up and walked out of the class first. I walked through the hallways and got to my locker. Though, I couldn't get to it because a group of girls that looked almost too fake to be real stood in front of it. I needed to get to my locker, so I pushed them out of the way causing them to stumble.

"Watch it, bitch!" one yelled. Not even paying attention to them anymore. I grabbed my stuff and shut my locker. One was standing right there.

Her hair was obviously bleached, and her brown eyes almost looked too lifeless. Her face was caked in so much make up it put Barbie to shame. The shirt and short skirt was covering next to nothing. 

I just raised an eyebrow, challenging her to see was she would to. All she did was ball up her hand and raised it as if she was going to punch me. I chuckled as I caught her fist in my hand and forcefully threw it back making her fall on her ass. I could see she was about to something stupid again, but my arm was tugged. I looked over to see Geena leading me open and away from the now crowded hallway with an almost disappointed look on her face.

"Bad start to the day," she mumbled and she gripped my upper arm tighter.

The day went by fairly quickly, none of my classes really did anything, and I basically knew everything I needed to when it came to school, I only came back because I just wanted my diploma.

Finally lunch came around and I walked in and started to look around to sit. I was about to head to one of the back empty tables, but someone placed their hands on my shoulders and guided me to a table with four people already at it. 

Geena pushed my down in a chair and then proceeded to sit next to me with a small smile on her face.

The four people in front of me stared with curious expressions. Two guys, two girls, then me and Geena.

The guy next to me was tall and muscled. His short cropped hair was black and had cold grey eyes. "Stare too long and you might faint," he winked. "Name's Jacob."

Besides him was someone similarly built, but with ash blonde hair and soft brown eyes. He gave me a small smile and waved. "I'm Kyle."

Both of them were almost too hot to be real. I had to hold back a whistle. 

The two girls were identical. Both having light brown hair and hazel eyes, the only difference between them was one had a pixie hair cut, and the other's was shoulder length.

The one with the pixie cut spoke up, "I'm Micah and this is my twin Hannah."

I noticed that Micah was looking me up and down and kept her eyes on me longer than I thought necessary, but I just looked away from her and tried to smile. "I'm Max."

"Just Max," Kyle questioned.

"Yep."

"Liar, it's short for her full name, but she hates it so yeah," Geena put in happily. 

"Why?" Kyle asked.

"Because it's a reminder of who I used to be," I said simply.

There was a silence, that Geena thankfully broke.

"My cousin is usually here but be had some things to do today." she stated and I nodded in response.

"So... where are you from?" Hannah asked.

"Sorry, I rather not talk about that stuff..." I said truthfully while looking down at my hands.

"It's okay. I was just curious what town you came from that's all." She stated.

I nodded. These people are so different from the ones I was always around. They are all outgoing, nice, and the complete opposite of me. I should stay away from them, only because I don't want their smiles to disappear. They are all so talkative and curious about me, it's almost scary for me. Overwhelming.

Everyone at this table probably has families and grew up with nice things and love, something I never really had and don't know how to react to.

I'm not even sure I have a conscience anymore. With the things that I've done and the people I hurt... I should be rotting away dead by now.

Nobody as good as these people should be wasting their time on me, they wouldn't want to know me if they knew who I truly was. 

I was so deep in thought I didn't notice I was being spoken to.

"Max!" someone, maybe Jacob, yelled into my ear.

I flinched and my fist darted out and punched the nearest thing, which just so happened to be Jacob's face. He ended up falling on the floor.

I chuckled lightly, avoiding eye contact with the people at the table.

Suddenly, everyone started to laugh but me and Jacob.

"Oh my god! You should have seen your face! Priceless," Geena giggled out. Jacob only scowled in respond and got back up in his chair.

"You fucking pack a punch. You know that right?" Jacob commented rubbing his jaw.

"Yeah, I know," I replied lowly.

"You didn't beat people up at your old school did you?" Jacob asked.

"What? No." Apart from the people who started it.

"Okay, good."

"I just wanted a fresh start from everything. Needed a change, so I moved here," I murmured so they wouldn't ask.

"You don't have to worry about not having friends around her, because we got your back now,"Jacob said arrogantly. 

"Yeah, we're all here for you," Geena added.

I glanced up with slight confusion. I wasn't used to this. Having friends and being nice. It was all going to be something to get used to.

"You're new here and have a past, but don't we all?" Hannah said.

You have no idea, I wanted to say but didn't want them to start asking questions I wouldn't answer.

"Yeah. I guess we do," I agreed not wanting to start another conversation. I was never one to talk a lot to people... Nicely at least...

~

Lunch ended, and the rest of the day was actually... good.  I haven't had a good day since I was... fighting...

I like all my teachers, for now at least. We also got no homework. Thank everything.

I'm just curious to know Geena's cousin. She didn't say his name or anything about him. I wonder if he's like everyone else there. I'm am going to hate it if he's one of those fucking players that goes around thinking he's the greatest thing to ever grace the planet. 

If he is, I'll just avoid him and make sure he doesn't get anywhere near me.

As I drove home from the day, I realized how much I loved the forest, and how I feel oddly calm and refreshed in a way. It was all so beautiful. I could only imagine what it would be like here during the different seasons.

I got back to the apartment building and parked my bike next to my shitty car and walked into the building.

I literally dragged my feet up the stairs that lead me to my apartment. This wasn't the greatest place, though it could be worse, but this is all I can afford right now and was something I was going to have to deal with for the time being.

I set my helmet on the table and took off my shoes and jacket. I sluggishly went to my room and flopped down on my springy bed. I closed my eyes and I soon fell into a dreamless sleep, momentarily forgetting everything I was.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Tell me what you think!

Okay! Bye For Now! Stay awesome! Be Crazy! Love Stuffed Animals!

"Be Somebody Who Makes Everybody Feel Like a Somebody," -Unknown

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.2K 20
In school she is you're nerd but outside she is much more She is a street fighter with a dark past she lives alone with no true family.... But one d...
1.3M 42.3K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...
222K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
5.3K 151 18
Mack's a not so average teenager. And when she moves to a small town she never even knew existed, she meets Liam. She has a secret that keeps her fro...