Young Justice: The Mimic Cont...

By Kai-shiro

⛔ EDITING IN PROGRESS ⛔ "WHOO! I can't wait for more!! " - @Lizardgurl "Best story on wattpad by far!"... More

Showdown in Big Metropolis (Updated)
Interview With The Superman (Updated)
The Killing Question (Updated)
Welcome to Mount Justice! (Updated)
Talking Robots and Canaries
To Beat A Canary Bird (Updated)
You Can Bank On Superman
The Vengeance of Kid Flash
The Anti-Climatic Amazon
Unofficial Membership
Training With the League (Updated)
A Mission With Artemis
A Mission With Artemis - Part II
A Mission With Artemis - Part III
Post- First Mission Drama
A Mission With Zatanna
A Mission With Zatanna - Part II
A Mission With Zatanna - Part III
Witch Boy Hunting
Teekl's Favour
Something To Be Seen
Savage's Mimic Contingency
Agamemnon Contingencies
Justice League Incarnate
Goodbye Desmond
SHAZAM!!
Eventual Betrayal
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part One
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part Two
Gifts and Goodbyes - Part Three
PART III - The Broken Robin
Phase Two
Clipped Wings
The Fall of the Hawks
Super-Rage!! (Updated)
Evil Will
Unite the Seven!!
Pilot Fish
Green Rage Monster!
Silence is Golden
Dethroned
Mercy For The Magician
The Magician's Tale
Abbe Faria
Date With Desmond
Dance With The Devil
The Magician's Tears (Updated)
Merciless Mind
Not Broken
Breakout
Everyone For Themselves
An Android, Archer and Angry Clone
Really Gone...
A Super Gamble
One Hero Away...
Back to the Bat Cave
Knightfall Protocol
Tranquilizer's, Illusions and Trickery
Disturbing Rumours and Fulfilling Romance
The Mimic Discovery
Omega
A True Mimic
Epilogue - Not For The Gods

Super(Man) SLAM!!

1.9K 52 12
By Kai-shiro

MOUNT JUSTICE - MAY 25th

9:01PM

Desmond sat in the lounge room, covered in bandages as Miss Martian gently dabbed a cotton bud on his swollen, bloodied cheek.

"Ouch..." he replied stiffly.

He sat there fuming to himself as realised the embarrassment of his situation.

He was currently covered in more bandages than a mummy, made a laughing stock in front of the whole Young Justice team and having an alien girl smear the most awful smelling disinfectant all over his face.

Just when he thought it couldn't get anymore embarrassing, Canary invited the whole Justice League over, asking them for their opinions on Desmond's training session, which she took the liberty of recording.

The League's shared expressions of disbelief said it all...

Superman watched the recording on the TV with a look of amazement, while trying not to have an reaction at all.

Wonder Woman watched attentively up until the scene where Desmond began talking. She didn't remove her palm from her face until the video finished.

Aquaman just looked disturbed.

Martian Manhunter had no reaction whatsoever. Desmond couldn't tell if he was being his normal self or just appalled.

Captain Marvel seemed more emotional, he couldn't stop laughing and mimicked every hit Canary landed on Desmond, acting like a little kid the whole way through...

Flash watched the whole thing with his mouth agape in shock, especially when Desmond insulted Canary.

Green Lantern shared Wonder Woman's reaction, but was less obvious about it.

And finally Batman, who just watched it with a flat, apathetic face, like he already knew what was going to happen.

Desmond was completely certain that this was the most embarrassing moment of his life.

After watching three times, Canary moved forward and turned the TV off.

"That was...disappointing..." Aquaman said.

Wonder Woman half-nodded, half-groaned in agreement.

"I've seen infants put up more of a fight..."

Desmond clenched his teeth, his anger beginning to swell.

The Flash looked in Martian Manhunter's direction, his mouth still wide from shock.

"Did he..." he stammered. "REALLY call Canary a b-"

"Yes, he did..." Canary growled with folded arms, her nails digging into her sleeves.

"Wow." Flash said to Desmond. "You're a brave kid..."

Captain Marvel was still laughing and was nearly on the floor.

"Did you see the way Canary hit him?!" he said through his laughter. "It was like 'ka-boosh!!'!"

Desmond looked at him with disbelief.

"What are you?" he asked angrily. "A child?"

Captain Marvel went quiet as the Young Justice members cleared their throats nervously.

"But, yeah..." Marvel note as he scratched his hair. "That was some pretty sucky fighting..."

Desmond curled up his fist on the armrest...

The Justice League members turned around and faced each other in a circle and began to discuss what they saw.

"Too un-coordinated..." Green Lantern remarked. "He lacked combat focus."

Desmond's fist shook with rage...

"Feh..." Wonder Woman remarked. "Lacked FOCUS?! He wouldn't be able to punch a Themyscirian pot off of a small column!"

Desmond wasn't sure what she meant, but his rage kept growing.

Superboy's hand snapped out and caught Desmond's wrist.

"Calm down..." he whispered.

Desmond looked towards Miss Martian, who nodded in agreement.

"Maybe he shouldn't be with us..." Flash whispered.

Desmond's ears pricked up, as did Superboy's and Miss Martians.

"Well, he doesn't even know how to use his powers properly." Superman added.

Desmond began to growl to himself angrily as his teeth clenched again...

"Maybe if we were to do a field test..." Superman mused.

"Just send him on his way." Canary interrupted. "We'll just keep a close eye on-"

Desmond slammed his hands down on the arms of the chair and bolted up, his eyes flaming with rage.

"SHUT UP!!!" he screamed at them.

The whole room couldn't have been quieter.

"Disappointing?!" he spat. "Worse than an infant?! UN-COORDINATED?!?!"

The whole League scowled at him as Kid Flash stood up quickly.

"OK!" he exclaimed. "I'm staying out of this!"

He rushed off as Superman looked at Desmond sternly.

"You need to calm down, Desmond." he warned. "We've been more than hospitable given your problem."

Desmond could hardly believe his ears.

"HOSPITALITY?! Ever since I set foot in this cave, I've been in excruciating pain, fallen unconscious TWICE, been interrogated like a criminal, bored out of my mind and beaten senseless by a WOMAN I BARELY KNOW!!"

He growled.

"If that's hospitality, then how do you treat the people you ARREST?!"

Even Wonder Woman seemed taken aback by Desmond's outburst...

"I'm sorry, Desmond, but we don't know what to do." Aquaman said sympathetically. "You're exhibiting powers we barely understand and with no sign of weakness...

He stepped forward and put his cold, brown hand on Desmond's back.

"We are all trying to help you, son..."

Desmond slapped away Aquaman's hand.

"YOU help ME?!" he snapped at him. "Two hours ago, I had to help THEM!!"

He pointed towards the Young Justice members as the Justice League's eyes widened with shock.

Desmond scoffed and looked at Batman.

"You didn't tell them?" he asked. "At that mall, all of your little sidekicks were getting their BUTTS kicked by Parasite and his goons. If it wasn't for me hitting Parasite with a CHAIR, they wouldn't even be here!!"

Aquaman, Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman looked a little bit guilty.

Then, Desmond turned to face Superman...

"And you said you wanted a field test?"

He suddenly spun around and grabbed onto Superboy and Miss Martian's arms and felt a familiar wave of energy go through him...

"Then let's HAVE ONE!!!" he roared.

He punched Superman straight in the chest, slamming him straight through the TV with a deafening crash.

Desmond cracked his neck to the side and flew into the hole he punched Superman into, which went right straight through the TV to the mountain's exterior.

Superman groaned and hunched over onto his knees, nearly dazed.

He looked up to see Desmond's scowling face.

"Let's see how well I can control my powers, shall we..?"

Then he brought his fist down onto Superman's jaw...

HOLY CRAP!! Did Desmond REALLY just do that?! Never mind the Batman V Superman hype, let's build some DESMOND V SUPERMAN hype! :D

What will the League do next?! What will Desmond do when he calms down?! Will he still be welcomed in by the Young Justice?! Or are his powers simply too much for the League to trust him with..?

Be sure to found out in the next chapter! In the meantime, vote if you liked the story! And a huge thanks to those who have been commenting each chapter, but more comments are always awesome! Thanks guys! :D

- Kai-Shiro :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 128 13
Oneshots/stories about the fams in Young Justice. You know, BatFam, ArrowFam, etc. Requests always accepted! I have another oneshots book for couples...
2.8K 235 18
Inspired by Instagram account: talon.grayson Extract from the book: Inside the cave the scene was still silent. Some lay in sleep within the pool of...
185K 10K 33
First fanfiction that I ever written so sorry if it absolutely sucks!please tell me what you think and please vote if you like it :) What if Bruce W...
44.6K 1.4K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...