Verboten Temptations

By Imbrication

“N-nothing” I stammered out, trying to scoot back. But he kept the distance filled each time. Soon, my back w... More

Chapter 1: Marcus Meets Dante
Chapter 2: He's A Tease
Chapter 3: Growing Weak
Chapter 4: Mystery
Chapter 5: Dante's POV
Chapter 6: Call Me Crazy
Chapter 7: Unexplained Feelings
Chapter 8: Bro Time
Chapter 9: Sentimental Set-Up
Chapter 10: Let the Drama Begin
Chapter 11: Kisses Down Low
Chapter 12: Things Get Real
Chapter 13: Wild Nights
Chapter 14: Sean's Little Secret
Chapter 15: An Angry Marcus
Chapter 16: Sweet to Sour
Chapter 17: Confessions Gone Awry
Chapter 18: The Blues
Chapter 19: Dr. Feel Good
Chapter 20: Sweet Memories
Chapter 21: Goodbye, New York!
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home? Not!
Chapter 23: The Boy Next Door
Chapter 24: Valentine's Day
Chapter 25: A Big Little Secret
Chapter 26: F*ck Your Apology
Chapter 27: Chanel Gets Exposed
Chapter 28: Relieving The Tension
Chapter 29: A Chance With Love
Chapter 30: Jaw-Dropping
Chapter 32: Dante's Birthday (Part 2) - Too Far Gone
Chapter 33: Closure and Apologies
Chapter 34: Kiss This Class Goodbye
Author's Chapter: Behind the Story

Chapter 31: Dante's Birthday (Part 1)

9.1K 401 132
By Imbrication

OK, here is an update of VT. We are getting some more drama in this chapter. The story is coming to it's end though and there's not much left. But things are revealed and fights began to arise. Read on to see what happens. Also No Love Needed has finally been released. Check it out! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Dante's POV]

               I hopped out the shower and stared at myself in the mirror. Then I started brushing my teeth and preparing for my day today because I am freaking 18 now! I know my dad was going to try and have a little get together for me but I wasn’t sure if I wanted it. Just to be around Marcus and Kelsey would be enough for my birthday. But I wouldn’t complain. I finished getting ready and walked into the kitchen where my dad had prepared some breakfast for me.

“Happy Birthday, Dante!” My dad exclaimed, placing a plate in front of me as I sat down.

“Thanks dad. You really didn’t have to.” I said smiling.

“Oh nonsense. You’re finally 18 now. You should be excited.” My dad stated. I laughed a little. The food was really good and me and my dad just talked about what would be up for later.

“After you get out of school, I have something planned for you.” He said.

“What is that?” I asked.

“I figured we’d go out to eat and invite some family and friends. Then we could go bowling. I might even take you to a club later.” My dad said. I burst out laughing.

“I don’t need to go to a club but thanks for the offer dad.” I said.

“There’s also someone I want you to meet…now I’m not sure how to explain it but…it’s just been on my chest. I met someone at the retreat and they really helped me get through everything.” My dad said. He seemed extremely nervous. He must’ve found himself a little girlfriend. As long as my dad is happy I don’t care.

“Aw you got yourself a girlfriend?” I teased.

“I’m far too old to be using that term.” He chuckled out. I nodded. Boyfriend and girlfriend seem like high school and MAYBE college terms. Once you hit like your mid 30’s, you definitely shouldn’t use that term.

“But, um, you’ll see.” My dad concluded. We finished eating and then he took me to school. I went straight to the band room and Kelsey attacked me in a giant hug.

“HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY, DANTE!” She squealed. I gasped for air, trying to get out of her tight hold.

“You were supposed to let me say it first.” I heard Marcus say. I turned and looked at him and smiled. Kelsey jumped up and down, just giddy with joy. Marcus grabbed my waist and pulled me into an embrace.

“Happy birthday, baby.” He said softly, kissing me softly on the lips. I kissed him back, feeling the sparks ignite within me. Kelsey hugged us both in a big hug.

“Oh my gosh, so what are we going to do today?” She asked.

“Well, my dad is taking us to dinner tonight and then bowling. That should be fun.” I said.

“So we’ll meet at your place?” Marcus asked.

“Yes.” I replied. We all agreed on the plan. Sean then entered the room and looked at us all, looking a little lost.

“Hey everyone, what’s up?” He asked.

“We’re just talking about later on for Dante’s birthday.” Marcus answered.

“Oh? It’s your birthday? Happy birthday man.” Sean said to me. I smiled and nodded.

“Thanks.” I replied.

“Is it cool if I join in on any plans you guys already have?” Sean’s question surprised us all.

“You really want to join in on my birthday?” I asked.

“I know we had our fights and what not but you’re what makes my Bro happy. I’m down for whatever.” Sean replied, smiling. Marcus seemed very happy about Sean’s answer and Kelsey was still being Kelsey (overly excited and jittery. Did this girl have a big bowl of sugar this morning?). After we all calmed down about it being my birthday, we played our instruments for a while, going through some songs. Mr. Howard came into the room and smiled at all of us.

“Good morning, everyone.” Mr. Howard said.

“Good morning.” We all replied in unison. Mr. Howard walked behind his desk and gathered some papers before writing on the board. We practiced for a good 20 minutes before we just broke out into conversation again.

“So how does it feel to be 18 now?” Kelsey asked.

“Not really that different. I was just 17 yesterday.” I said with a chuckle. I didn’t really feel any different but it’s always like that with any birthday. Once the days go by, I’d eventually see the newfound perks with my new age.

“I figured you say that.” Marcus chimed in. I rolled my eyes and chuckled before eyeing the clock on the wall.

“Hey, it’s almost time for 1st period to end. We’d better get packed up.” I said. Sean, Kelsey, and Marcus all looked at the clock and began disassembling their clarinets. After everything was all packed up and put away, we all got ready for class. Marcus came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

“I hope your day goes perfect. I love you.” He purred into my ear. I smiled and looked down.

“Thank you Marcus, I love you too.” I replied. Marcus turned me around so that we were face to face and he kissed my lips softly.

“Alright, I’m off to class. See you at lunch.” He said leaving me feeling empty. His touch was no longer there and I felt so cold. I shook the feeling and grabbed my things, heading off to my class.

                The school day flew by so quickly. I got so many birthday wishes and even got money from a few people. I left practice early to head home and get ready for the little get together. My dad was parked outside, waiting for me to get in the truck. As I got closer, I noticed someone in the passenger seat beside him. I guess this was the person he wanted me to meet.

“Hey dad…” I said climbing in the back seat. My dad slowly glanced back at me and smiled.

“Hello Dante, how was school?” He asked. I sat quietly for a moment, waiting to see if he was about to introduce me and the guy sitting in the front seat.

“It was great. Is this the person you wanted me to meet?” I asked. The guy in the passenger seat looked back at me and smiled. My dad nodded and started the car.

“Yes, this is Reginald.” My dad said.

“You can just call me Reggie.” The guy said. I smirked slightly and nodded.

“Reggie, this is my son Dante.” My dad murmured. I was quiet again, now wondering who exactly this Reggie character was. My dad was driving at a moderate speed; the entire car filled with silence. It was like a thick blanket of awkwardness in the air. I began to wonder what Reggie was to my dad…

Reggie conversed with me a little on the way to the house and I must say he seems like a really cool person. But I couldn’t shake the feeling of the awkwardness. As my dad pulled into the driveway, I began coming up with questions in my head. My dad wasn’t telling me something. Once we were in the house, it was on.

“Dad, why did you want me to meet Reggie?” I asked as we all stood in the living room. My dad rubbed his neck before speaking.

“Well…the thing is…I’m not sure how it happened but it just did. It’s no easy way to put it.” My dad stammered.

“Just say it.” I urged. My dad stood silent, looking everywhere around the room. Reggie cleared his throat and stepped forward.

“Your dad wanted you to meet me because me and him have been seeing each other for some time. We’re dating.” Reggie said. I nearly choked on air as I heard this. My dad was gay? How ironic is this? My dad stood silent still, looking at his feet.

“Whoa, is it true?” I asked my father.

“Yes…yes it is. I am dating Reggie.” He finally said after a long pause. I smirked and approached my dad, giving him a hug. He seemed surprised by this but hugged me back.

“That’s fine with me. Now there’s someone you definitely need to meet.” I said smugly. My dad raised an eyebrow and then looked to Reggie who was smiling at us. Then there was a slight tap on the door.

“I’ll get it.” I said, quickly heading to the door. As I opened the door, I felt my anger rise. Before me stood Derrick in all his glory. He smiled at me and I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Dante.” Derrick said softly. I didn’t give much of a reply. My dad walked up beside me and welcomed Derrick in, allowing him a seat on the couch. Reggie took leave to go change at home. So that left me, my dad, and Derrick.

“Can I talk to Dante for a moment?” Derrick asked my dad. My dad nodded and left. I sighed in irritation as Derrick scooted a little closer.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“To tell you happy birthday and that I miss you like crazy.” Derrick replied. I scoffed at him, shaking my head.

“Well thanks for the happy birthday. Of course you would say you missed me.” I mumbled.

“I messed up with the IHOP waitress but I haven’t slept with anyone else since! I did it for you. I want you!” He exclaimed. I sat stunned for a moment, unable to react in any way. Derrick was looking me deep into the eyes.

“Yeah, you did mess up and you lost your chance. I’m with someone else now so it’s too late.” I said. Derrick’s eyes went wide in surprise and he grabbed hold of my hands tightly, clasping them together so tightly. It’s like he didn’t want to let me go.

“Is anyone truly better than me? C’mon now Dante. I’m sorry, OK? You are all I need.” Derrick spoke. His words echoing through my head. As much as I want to believe Derrick, I can’t. Plus, now I have Marcus.

“I’m not about to try to be with you again. Like I said, I have someone else.” I scowled. Just then, Derrick cups my face in his hands and pulls me real close with our noses touching. I didn’t even have time to react as Derrick placed his lips on mines, claiming my lips as his. His soft lips brought back the memories of him, but I still fought back. I didn’t dare kiss him back.

                Derrick’s tongue glided across my bottom lip but my mouth remained firmly shut, not allowing any access inside. I shove him off of me and stand up, looking at him wildly.

“I bet he don’t kiss you like I do!” Derrick yelled.

“What the fuck, Derrick? You just kissed me!” I shouted. Derrick tried to grab me but I backed up.

“Give me another chance!” He pleaded. I shook my head and pointed to the door.

“Get out.” I said. Derrick stared at me for a long time, not moving an inch. There were knocks at the door and I huffed. Now I got to answer the freaking door! I opened it and smiled as I saw Marcus, Sean, and Kelsey. The smile soon diminished when Derrick approached me from behind.

“Who is that?” Marcus asked.

“Who the fuck is you?” Derrick snapped. I spun around and faced Derrick.

“Alright, chill! I said leave.” I almost shouted. Marcus was looking shocked but angry. This would not go well.

“Marcus just calm down.” I heard Kelsey say. Derrick’s head snapped up.

“IS THIS THE NIGGA YOU DATING NOW?” Derrick questioned.

“Yeah I’m the fucking dude he’s dating now.” Marcus yelled. Sean and Kelsey were giving looks to each other as I palmed my face.

“Derrick, GET OUT!” I said again. Derrick shook his head and looked at Marcus before doing the unthinkable. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me in to a kiss again. Time seemed to stand still as this took place.  Gasps could be heard and I knew the worse had yet to come.

“OH HELL TO THE FUCKING NO!” Marcus yelled, flailing into the living room like a mad man. It is about to go down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chapter was a bit choppy to me but still had relevant information. What do you think is about to happen?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 219 43
"What are you talking about? What feeling?" I let go of him and looked at him "me too" he looked at me for a couple of seconds, then he started laugh...
366K 9.3K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
617K 21.7K 30
"Wait, you're gay?" I asked in confusion, scratching the back of my head. "Well duh. How oblivious are you?" "Well, I guess I'm pretty dumb, but my...
32.6K 1.7K 46
"What if I'm not one?" I asked, my body wound tight with tension. "One what?" he asked, his voice soft and low. I hesitated. Was I ready? I wanted t...