Burning Love

By silver_moonlight

It has been a year since the seven of the prophecy defeated Gaea. Now, they are relaxing and enjoying their l... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 13

298 11 1
By silver_moonlight

Frances' POV

So, these past few days, we trained and trained and trained. I learned how to use my sword and dagger properly, I also learned some survival tips and more about mythology.

Dianne is doing good in her archery as well as her sword fighting. She also does good in mythology and survival.

Leo and Clarisse are experts already, they've already been to quests so, they probably know what to do now.

Nico, well, I saw him once or twice in training, but he doesn't speak, and doesn't usually appear that much.

But so far, so good.

Two days from now, is Dianne's 15th Birthday, also known as the start of the quest, so there'll probably be a prophecy.

I've visited Camp Jupiter once or twice, since it's also considered as my home. I even took Dianne to Camp Jupiter once, and THAT wasn't pretty.

Anyway, now, Chiron is calling for me along with Dianne, Leo, Clarisse, and Nico, probably something about the quest.

"Come on Frances," said Dianne. "Chiron is calling for us."

"Okay," I said.

So, while both of us were going to the Big House where Chiron was, Leo decided to join in our group.

"Hello lovely ladies!" he said putting one arm on Dianne's shoulder the other on mine.

"Hello Leo," I said. "On your way to the Big House?"

"Yep!" he said.

So, after a few minutes, we arrived. We went inside.

Leo went first. What a gentleman! Note the sarcasm.

Anyway, Clarisse was inside, but Nico wasn't.

"Where's Nico?" asked Clarisse.

"He wasn't with us," replied Dianne.

"But where-"

Suddenly, someone coughed from behind me.

"I'm here," said Nico. "Now, Chiron what do you want?"

"I'm here for major briefing of the quest," Chiron replied. "So, Percy and Annabeth are here to enumerate all of their quests, which you are going to do again in four weeks time."

Chiron paused to point Percabeth to us.

"If you know something more, do tell, the fate of the gods and us are in your hands," he said. "So you may sit."

All of us sat down on leather chairs that were pretty comfy. Anyway, Percy started.

"Okay, you probably know us already so no need to introduce," Percy started. "Anyway, Annabeth is Mrs. Dodds part of their quest?"

"No," replied Annabeth. "Your quest starts with this monster-"

She showed us a picture of a minotaur. I still haven't told anyone about my fight, only Dianne and Grover knows.

"Is that the-" Dianne began, who had a worried look, she looked at me.

"Don't say its name," said Annabeth. "Names have power."

"Anyway, yes, this is the half man half bull creature," said Annabeth.

"Wait," I said. "I killed that already."

All heads turned towards me.

"Yes, I've killed that," I said. "When I first went to Camp Jupiter it appeared and attacked me and Grover. I even kept its horn, it's in my room."

"Well then, you don't have to fight him again," said Percy. "Nice one by the way!"

"Thanks!" I replied.

Annabeth nudged him, I laughed.

"Anyway, the second monster you have to fight is Aunty Em," said Percy.

"Aunty Em?" I asked.

"Medusa," said Annabeth in a hushed voice.

"Ookaayy," said Leo. "Is she the one who turns people to stone?"

Percy nodded.

"Wicked!" said Leo.

"Moving on," said Annabeth. "Percy encountered Echidna and the Chimera. I'm not sure if-"

"As in Echidna, the anteater?" I accidentally blurted out.

"No," said Percy. "Although, I made that mistake too."

Percy laughed at his memory.

"Anyway," he said. "Echidna, the mother of monsters."

"Wow!" I said.

"And her pet Chimera."

"Anyway, we encountered the Lotus Hotel and Casino," said Annabeth. "We stayed there for five days. It's kind of a trance or something, better not go there."

The five of us nodded.

"So, next there was Procrustes and his water beds," said Percy. "Not a fun guy, he made Annabeth taller by stretching her!"

"Shut up Percy!" hissed Annabeth. "Anyway, next you must fight some Laistrygonians."

"Canadians, translated in English," said Percy, interrupting Annabeth.

"They are a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north," said Annabeth, pushing Percy away, I giggled.

Annabeth shot me a look so I stopped. "Next is the Hydra, it's on an island during our journey to the sea of monsters. Clarisse, you probably know that," Annabeth said.

Clarisse nodded.

And just like that, the "meeting" ended.

Actually it didn't, for me it did, I mean, I slept all throughout the meeting. I was so bored what could I do?

I woke up when Leo shook my shoulders and told me Chiron is about to tell us something important.

I yawned and stretched out, and said, "So, what's happening?"

"As I was saying, on the day of your quest, I will be giving you a list and a map of your destinations," said Chiron.

"Wait, Chiron, I have a question," Dianne suddenly asked.

"What is it?"

"You mean to say that the five of us are going to fight ALL of the monsters Annabeth and Percy enumerated for like an hour, the whole time Frances was asleep, in just 4 weeks? Plus, we might even meet some unexpected monsters? What the-?!" said Dianne.

But the only thing that went in my mind was: I was asleep for an hour.

"Yes," said Chiron. "This quest is really complicated and hard. But with the five of you together, maybe you can make a difference."

I clapped my hands really hard, which earned the looks of everyone.

"I'm really inspired by you Chiron," I said. "No sarcasm. I really admire your optimism even though I clearly don't understand anything."

"Thank you," replied Chiron, although he didn't seemed flattered much.

Anyway, the meeting ended and I was really tired by then.

Dianne, Clarisse, and Leo all headed back to their cabins, I was left alone.

Then I saw Nico, walking alone away.

He seemed to be talking to someone. Probably a ghost.

"But father told me not to," he whispered while walking away. I decided to eavesdrop, so I hid in a bush.

"But you must," a girl's voice said in a silent voice even though no one was there. "You cannot live in this quest if you're like that."

"But I-"

"Nico, listen to me," said the voice. "I'm your sister you must trust me."

"I trust you Bianca," said Nico. "I just don't know if I trust myself."

So he's talking to his sister.

Accidentally, I stepped on a twig

and it snapped.

Nico turned his head towards my direction.

"Who's there?" he said.

I decided to just show myself.

"Me," I said, stepping out of the bush. "Sorry for eavesdropping."

"You heard me talking to-?" Nico said with angry eyes. Uh-oh, they said he was dangerous when he was mad.

"Nico, learn how to trust other people," the voice suddenly said. "She may help you."

Nico suddenly calmed down.

"I'm really sorry for eavesdropping, it's just I'm concerned about you. You're not that social," I said.

"Until what part have you heard?" he asked, ignoring what I said.

"Until, when your sister told you to trust other people, to trust me," I replied.

"You can hear her?" he asked with wide eyes. Obviously, he was surprised about that.

I nodded as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Why? Am I the only one who does besides you?" I asked.

He nodded.

"I guess it's a Mercury thing to hear conversations, he IS the messenger god," I said.

"I see," said Nico, looking down.

"You want to talk about something?" I asked him. "You can't always bottle up your thoughts and feelings Nico, believe me, I know."

"Well, there is this something," he said. "I just don't feel like talking about it now."

"Okay, I understand," I said. "But remember, I'm always here to listen. And remember to trust me."

"Okay," he responded.

"So are we friends?" I said extending my hand out so that we could shake hands. I was afraid he would say no, and just go, but he didn't.

"Friends," he said, shaking my hand, but with no smile.

"And Nico, smile a bit," I said smiling widely. "Come on, copy me!"

To my surprise, he laughed. "You look funny," he said, smiling.

I smiled back.

"Thanks," he said.

"You are Welcome," I replied.

And with that he walked away.

Sigh, I pity him. He is so distant, nobody understands him. But, I assume that he doesn't like to be pitied, so... You get the idea!

So I walked towards my cabin and slept. I didn't care if it's dinner time, I just slept.

But then, I had a tugging sensation. I opened my eyes and was surprised to see a scary monster!

:*-*:*-*:*-*:*-*:*-*:*-*:

A/N

Oooooohhhh..... What could've woken Frances up?

What do you think of this chapter?

This chapter is kind of short for me, I was just bored and decided to do this.

And by the way, I'm sorry I haven't updated for the past days. It's because we had a short family trip in an adventure park of some sort.

So my question that you'd have to answer is: have you ever ridden on a zipline? If yes, what do you think?

I'm afraid of heights, so I didn't exactly appreciate my zipline ride.

Anyway:

VOTE if this chapter is worthy of doing so

COMMENT what you think, what you predict, and what you suggest

FAN for updates

ADD TO READING LIST for a dedication

SHARE for happiness

Read and Rock on!

Lea V.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 3.7K 52
It has been one year since Gaea was defeated, one peaceful year. However, Camp Half-Blood is changing, and Percy doesn't know why. With Annabeth and...
193K 5.9K 49
"After all those years on the streets, I finally feel like I'm home" "You're lying" Leo didn't even have to look up, he knew her better than anyone...
19.9K 374 48
Book Two Percy Jackson is missing, and Y/n, his half sister, will do anything it takes to get him back, including going on a crazy quest with a proph...
143K 4K 13
Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, has looked death straight in the eyes with complete confidence, not wavering a bit. But when it comes to a certain son...